Status
Not open for further replies.

K.O

Debutant
Runs
Can 250 be chased? It looks hard but you never know it might happend

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistan Vs England | 2nd ODI | Abu Dhabi | Pakistan Innings

Pathetic from Pakistan to say the least.

Anyways, the real test with the bat now comes to fore.

Maybe Finn will get injured...

I don't see us winning this tbh. :(

yes. its very much chasable. pitch will be little quicker in the evening. ball should come onto the bat better. all they have to do it, play out first few overs without losing wickets. then on, maintain 4 or 4.5 run rate and keep wickets in hands.

As long as Azhar Ali gets a 50+ score we shall not lose. :misbah

any good batting team should chase this total easily on this wicket. You never know about Pakistan.

Don't see us getting more than 200 because generally were not good at chasing to add to that under lights.

BUT we do have the ability and depth, we need to get a solid start.

lol We better cross 130 in this match. This will be satisfactory enough

Possible. Openers needs to see through the new ball. You have Umar , Afridi there in lower order also rehman is a better batsman than shoaib Malik :)

Shut up osama and w8in_4_0402's Avatarw8in_4_0402 game is not over until it over and pakistan can win this

Possible. Openers needs to see through the new ball. You have Umar , Afridi there in lower order also rehman is a better batsman than shoaib Malik :)

of coarse rehman is better batsman than Malik but iam better out of the two probably you guy as well

Bowlers did well to restrict ENG to 250 in the death ovrs. Just see off the new ball 251 is not a big target.

UA will be the key.

Send Afridi to open, a quick fire 15-20 to calm the nerves will suffice. He will never win a game chasing so why not!!!!

That quick 20 is more potent at the top rather than later.

^^
Maybe not a big target for Indians. Yeh Pakistan ki batting hai bhai sahab...

Should afridi or U akmal bat in top order today?

I think either afridi or akmal should bat higher in this slow pitch to make most of the two new balls. quick 50 60 from one of them at top will make big difference in this slow pitch.

250 is too much for Pak to score.

I will be surprised if Pak can manage over 220 honestly.

Cook is in unbelievable form. Not many people would last long against the bowling of Ajmal/Rehman in UAE. Great player. Has all the makings of becoming a legend soon.

Pak needs a 100 from one of its main players to chase it down. Has any Pak player scored a 100 in an ODI in the recent past? :misbah

Definitely. No point wasting our best ODI batsmen at #6 and #7, especially when they come in when the likes of Misbah and co. have eaten up half of the innings for a solid 98/4. :inzi

Oh dear postmortems have started already, Its ok we have Azhar today

Don't see it happening with YK and Misbah stuck together at 4 and 5

We have a chance of we get off to a solid start! Sadly with Farhat/YK in our top 4 that looks a tough task.

Time for our lulloo batsmen to show some balls and score some runs in tough situations for once in a chase!

Send in Afridi to open.

The guy can destroy Finn and dent his confidence if he gets going. As some one mentioned, a quick fire 50 from Afridi means, England will become defensive and the singles will come easily. :malik

Finn is the danger man again. :afridi is the solution for him.

I have mentione Bopara who is a rubbish batsman. I am surprised he is playing well and scored 50's in both the ODI's. I don't remember Bopara playing well against India. :sachin

The game is done is dusted, that is why a new approach should be taken by the PCB. With this group on players this team will never get far in ODI's.

I have mentione Bopara who is a rubbish batsman. I am surprised he is playing well and scored 50's in both the ODI's. I don't remember Bopara playing well against India. :sachin

Bopara never plays well against anyone but against us his average shoots up to 50.

Cook is in unbelievable form. Not many people would last long against the bowling of Ajmal/Rehman in UAE. Great player. Has all the makings of becoming a legend soon.

Pak needs a 100 from one of its main players to chase it down. Has any Pak player scored a 100 in an ODI in the recent past? :misbah

And Pak have the ability of making ppl look like they'll soon become legends. How many centuries did Cook have to his name in odi's before these 2 vs Pak???

Well I'd say we have 40% chance of winning. If Hafeez can provide solid start, and fart can even see out the opening overs, then we can go slowly, knowing Lala and Umar are still to come. We must keep wickets in hand. Even if we need 80 from 48 in the end with about 6 wickets, our batsmen will have the license to slog.

Atleast we don't have Malik to worry about anymore. England will be disappointed. :)))

Finn will be sluaghtered today

Every one expects Finn to run thru pakistan batting line up but i think he will be taken to cleaners

wait n watch

Our current problem is that we don't have an explosive in-form opener as Hafeez isn't performing. I'd prefer Imran Nazir,Kamran, Jamshed, Shazaib or Ahmed Shezaad if they're not going to let Afridi and Umar bat higher up the order. The rrr is too high & they've lost too many wickets by the time these 2 come to the crease.
I just hope Pak alter the batting line-up abit today depending on the situation they're in

If our batsman play sensibly and play every ball on merit, we can easily win this much unless if England bowlers ball really well ofcourse. Hafeez, younus, Misbah, Umar, Afridi any of them can click.

Every one expects Finn to run thru pakistan batting line up but i think he will be taken to cleaners

wait n watch

He is a good bowler but I hope to see him go for over 6 an over.

Cool.

I'm bold for suggesting that 9/11 wasn't an inside job, arrogant aswell apparently.

Yeah, alright then. If you say so.

Farhat should play aggressively as his place is safe for million years he should attack from the word go

WTHHH why is Farhat in the squad again?? Seriously.. when is this dbag gonna be dropped?

Farhat looks in good form, hit the ball twice in that over!

Pathetic from Pakistan to say the least.

Anyways, the real test with the bat now comes to fore.

Maybe Finn will get injured...

I don't see us winning this tbh. :(

no. sorry game is already over

No 174 all out.

We will never win while chasing.

One word ..... DONE

Don't see us getting more than 200 because generally were not good at chasing to add to that under lights.

BUT we do have the ability and depth, we need to get a solid start.

lol We better cross 130 in this match. This will be satisfactory enough

^^
Maybe not a big target for Indians. Yeh Pakistan ki batting hai bhai sahab...

Misbah-ul-Haq is captain, MHK is coach... not happening.

Don't see it happening with YK and Misbah stuck together at 4 and 5

Wonder if Misbah will go for the win or try to get a draw....

The game is done is dusted, that is why a new approach should be taken by the PCB. With this group on players this team will never get far in ODI's.

I dont expect Pakistan to win

Team abhi haari nahin aur ap log pehle hi haar gai?

Last edited:
Farthart left the ball exaggeratedly wow making a case for his usel dismissal just out side off stump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back