Pakistan vs England ~ First Test ~ Lords ~ Day One [Update Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo Afridi on...wait..there are only 2 overs left

Cook on 99*..cheers for his 38.5 SR 100...

Xzianghow© said:
I think, in all fairness, the dropped catches should be counted as wicket for our boys...

What do you all say eh? Sami has 2 wickets, and Gul with 3?

If we go by that scale, then Sami is probably the fastest to a 100 wickets in Tests; but unfortunately it doesn't work like that, and he's soon going to have an average touching 50.

for some reason....pakistan and even india...can never bully a team that down on confidence.....we just let those teams come back in form

Wow...I think I should edit my last post

Young, scared lad...cheers for his sub 35 SR 100...

this lad is some talent. He has the ability to keep going all day and not get tired. Take a bow son!

well done cook....showed great temperament to hang around although not batting at his fluent best...

well he gets a 100, dropped him 3 times and a dodgy umpire decision. therefore 4 lives.
Please dont tell me it was a very good knock,

Sid100 said:
well he gets a 100, dropped him 3 times and a dodgy umpire decision. therefore 4 lives.
Please dont tell me it was a very good knock,

may not have been fluent..may have had a few chances too...but its clear to see that this lad has a very good technique and a great temperament...he could go a long long way...

What a disgusting pice of work by Pakistan.If you guys read my post on around page 8 or 9, I said that this was going to happen. Exactly, like this. WHen Colly and Cook came on, I knew they would do something. Its always like this...

I am so mad....

IMMY69 said:
may not have been fluent..may have had a few chances too...but its clear to see that this lad has a very good technique and a great temperament...he could go a long long way...

I dont think hes that good, his first century was on a flat batting track, his second one he was given 4 lives. and he was up against a second string pk bowling attack

Rob H said:
this lad is some talent. He has the ability to keep going all day and not get tired. Take a bow son!
:))):))):)))

that's hilarious stuff...you are getting quite good at sarcasm :D

you can just see the uk press tomorrow hailing cook as the next great and how classy his century was and ALSO how he'll give the Aussies a challenge in the ASHES

At the end of the day the scoreboard reads 309/3 which means England have done a fantastic job on Day 1. Today has clearly belonged to them, helped ofcourse by some truly outrageous fielding by Pakistan. From England's point of view, they should now be targetting more than 500 runs. They have an easy chance of batting Pakistan completely out of the game.

From Pakistan's point of view, well...cant say much other than they should be wishing that England somehow keep on batting till day 3. Then we might look for a draw :13:

Sid100 said:
you can just see the uk press tomorrow hailing cook as the next great and how classy his century was and ALSO how he'll give the Aussies a challenge in the ASHES
true

:))

I think everyone knew that Rhodes would make no difference you hardly can in 2 weeks especially to a bunch of guys who have been pathetic in field all their life. Lets put the blame game aside and look at where we ourselves went wrong today, for starters playing Sami was the biggest mistake Bob Woolmer and Inzi made since Bari made the mistake of selecting Sami for this tour.

Well, after today play this is what I feel

Coach Bob woolmer will be looking for :81: :116: to take out his frustation

Inzi will be praticing for :123:

and rest of the team w'd be feeling :132:

Nauman said:
I think everyone knew that Rhodes would make no difference you hardly can in 2 weeks especially to a bunch of guys who have been pathetic in field all their life. Lets put the blame game aside and look at where we ourselves went wrong today, for starters playing Sami was the biggest mistake Bob Woolmer and Inzi made since Bari made the mistake of selecting Sami for this tour.

I thought the bowlers were good. They got the batsmen to edge the ball, the rest is in the hands of the fielders. Sami made a good comeback after 12 rather expensive overs. His next 6 overs cost him just 9 runs with a dropped chance (Farhat dropping Cook) included. There is no need to blame the bowlers.

the fielding today was crap, the score woudlve been somthing like 220ao, if cook was taken on 0, but as it is we must accept it and try to bounce back tmoz!!!

Nauman said:

Firstly gotta agree with you about Rhodes, we cant blame him for our fielding

Sami was poor and must be dropped, I just hope PPers dont use the word UNLUCKY for him, that word has been overused.

inzis captaincy overall seemed to be good, maybe he could have used Afridi more and maybe could have taken the new ball. I just feel sorry for Inzi with his team badly letting him down for all the dropped catches

:)))

ehjaz said:
Well, after today play this is what I feel

Coach Bob woolmer will be looking for :81: :116: to take out his frustation

Inzi will be praticing for :123:

and rest of the team w'd be feeling :132:

Sid100 said:
Firstly gotta agree with you about Rhodes, we cant blame him for our fielding

Sami was poor and must be dropped, I just hope PPers dont use the word UNLUCKY for him, that word has been overused.

inzis captaincy overall seemed to be good, maybe he could have used Afridi more and maybe could have taken the new ball. I just feel sorry for Inzi with his team badly letting him down for all the dropped catches

Afridi looked rather toothless in the 6 overs that he bowled

England played really slowly in the final session.

I think Inzi missed a trick by giving Afridi only 7 overs. He is very underrated as a bowler.

Easatheman said:

I think Inzi missed a trick by giving Afridi only 7 overs. He is very underrated as a bowler.

Afridi didnt help himself by bowling 6 loose overs! He was giving a lot of loose deliveries to both Cook and Collingwood. I believe Inzi missed a trick by giving Razzaq just 15 overs. He was bowling pretty well and should have called upon to bowl more

Asalaam alikum Wr Wb Brothers;

I watched the test match at lords on sky sports 1 from 186/ 3 onwards till close of play 309/ 3. I was dissappointed about our success today, i think humbly and accurately if all ppers acknowledge that pakistan team was truely unlucky today.

I am amazed how many threads there have been on today's first day of the test match between england and pakistan. I am mean i know we are all here to express our opinions, analysis e.t.c. However i believe we need to avoid producing meaningless threads on some topics. For example the thread i am posting is meaningful. Things like speeds of bowler, prediction of match, culprits of first day's play e,.t.c can be included in this thread,no need to make separate threads on each things.

I thought overall pakistan bowling was okay if not great. The captaincy by inzamam was fine, he made relevant changes. However inzamam could have given afridi more overs. I noticed that the pakistan team was'nt really athletic, enthusiatic and innovative. They seemed mentally and physically fatigued. I was extremely frustrated and i am sure so were all so ppers watching five catches being dropped. Guys please don't produce meaningless threads regards pakistan team's fielding and how jonty rhodes two week stint for fielding improvement was useless. Jonty rhodes appointment for two weeks in pakistan was aimed at improving pakistan fielding at junior and senior levels. Though the improvement in fielding of the senior national pakistan team is'nt yet evident but will be probably in future.

I believe junior cricketer's at pakistan national academy will benefit the most, cause they are still at a level where their basic foundations are being laid. Regarding today's catches dropped, well anyone can have a bad day. The experts panel including botham, gower and rameez were discussing this aspect today. Botham said he does'nt know what it is with lords ground,whether it is a jinx or something else but catches are often mysteriously dropped. For example england dropped nine catches during the test match with sri lanka in the recently concluded test series. Nasser hussain actually mentioned the nine dropped catches by england team at lords against sri lanka previously.

There were five dropped catches and one bad decision by the umpire ( cook caught behind akmal off kaneria ), it was a unlucky day for us. Don't forget how passionate we are about pakistan team and what amazing things they are capable off . The element of unpredictability in pakistan team is what makes pakistan the most dangerous team in the world. Don't despair, just be positive when the chips are down and nothing goes our way despite the efforts. Remember mohali, barbados, multan and recently karachi match situations ?and how we through our self belief,unity, immense faith and skill conquered those matches :30: . I think razzak, gul and kaneria bowled really well and sami bowled okay.

I have to say the injuries list increasing is very frustating, rana naved ul hasan ruled out of the series, shoaib mught not play until the fourth test, we don't know whether asif would be available from second test onwards and now shoaib malik and younis khan are injured. Too many players injured, it's just ridiculous situation :O but we have to hope the best and prepare for the worse. Lastly guys don't bring out excuses like the english cause we are not bad losers like them. I heard waqar younis's interview with michael atherton regards today's bowling performance. He made it clear that it's the first test match for this young team members, most of them have'nt played international cricket in england and showed nerves (excluding inzamam,yousuf,younis,razzak and afridi). Lets make the difference and be winners in all situations INSHALLAH. :19:

Last edited:
Easatheman said:

I believe Afridi is most effective when he is used sparingly here and there for short 2 or 3 over bursts. Otherwise he eventually becomes too easy to read.

Well, I went to sleep at 70th over, and I didn't miss anything. Thats the only positive I've found out of all this.

how " naazuk " are our players man

malik, YK, Asif, Rana, akhtar

half ofthe goddamn team is injured

octavian said:
how " naazuk " are our players man

malik, YK, Asif, Rana, akhtar

half ofthe goddamn team is injured

Join our club...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back