Pakistan vs Hong Kong | Asia Cup | Karachi | 24/06/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
The match is due to commence in just under 40 minutes. Will Pakistan play a full strength side or give some of the fringe players a chance?

Pakistan squad

Shoaib Malik, Misbah-ul-Haq, Fawad Alam, Iftikhar Anjum, Mansoor Amjad, Mohammad Yousuf, Nasir Jamshed, Saeed Ajmal, Salman Butt, Sarfraz Ahmed, Shahid Afridi, Sohail Tanvir, Umar Gul, Wahab Riaz, Younis Khan

Hong Kong squad

Tabarak Dar, Afzaal Haider, Ashish Gadhia, JJ Atkinson, TM Brown, KH Butt, Irfan Ahmed, CK Kruger, JPR Lamsam, Munir Dar, Nadeem Ahmed, Najeeb Amar, Skhawat Ali, Waqas Barkat, Zain Abbas

Toss should be in about 5 minutes. Weather is overcast and breezy. Ain't gonna rain though, I can vouch for that!

Looks like Gul's done a new HBL ad and his voice has been dubbed when he says:

''Mera naam Umar Gul hai aur may HBL ka hissa hoon.''

:))) :))) :))) :)))

Toss should have been taken by now. Would know the result if I was at the stadium...saving that for Thursday obviously.

Pakistan have won the toss and are batting first

Hi there. Welcome to the Asia Cup. Pakistan v Hong Kong

Toss: Malik has chosen to bat on a good batting track. Hong Kong captain Tabarak Dar says he would have bowled had he won the toss.

lollol said:
Hong Kong captain Tabarak Dar says he would have bowled had he won the toss.

Are there any 'real' Hong Kong people in this team, or is a collection of Asian ex-pats?

hopefully we will won;t take Hong Kong for granted ,remember Ireland , ouch still hurts.

hey guyz can u tell me match is cming on which channel in u.a.e?

Sheikh said:
Rammez Raja
Aamir Sohail
Imran Khan
Javed Miandad
Saleem Malik
Inzi
Moin
Wasim
Ijaz
Mushy
Aaqib

That cant be right. Salim Malik's ban hasnt been lifted!

Oxy said:
Neo Sports
but they havent started showing anything yet....on cricinfo its says toss has happened and neo sports something totally else is coming

Setanta are now on air - yes I can confirm, they are LIVE

:afridi :afridi :afridi :afridi

Afridi: "We want to take these games very seriously. Any one can win these days. Like what happened to Pakistan and India in the World Cup. Even Australia lost to Bangladesh before that. We need to touch 300 at least. I reckon Shoaib Malik and Salman Butt will open. In the last two years, I have concentrated a lot on bowling and my batting has suffered. I have not done as much practice as I should do. I have corrected that these days."

Beastly stuff that. DM will be petrified!

Takes less than 1 min to mention IPL...now showing IPL footage.!

Sheikh said:

Afridi: "We want to take these games very seriously. Any one can win these days. Like what happened to Pakistan and India in the World Cup. Even Australia lost to Bangladesh before that. We need to touch 300 at least. I reckon Shoaib Malik and Salman Butt will open. In the last two years, I have concentrated a lot on bowling and my batting has suffered. I have not done as much practice as I should do. I have corrected that these days."

Please send him as an Opener

Sheikh said:

Unfortunately, we're not allowed any more references to his beastlike behavior. Afridi bhai is apparently angry at PP. Hong Kong is safe if Afridi doesnt open. :afridi
we (l) :afridi :D

Setanta will show the highlights of the other game later.

Rameez

"Good news for Hong Kong - You wont require a Jackie Chan......"

Damn! I find a Bang vs UAE stream and not Pakistan?!

anyone need it?

Fawad Alam to Open. Afridi at 7. Sarfraz at 8 Misbah at 5

Same team as kitply final... only change is sarfraz ahmed...

CricBuzz : Afridi is supposed to open the innings and if that is the case, the newly born side might just have to do some leather hunting this afternoon.

What a Legend.

Sheikh said:
Maiik
Butt
Younis
Yousuf
Misbah
Fawad
Afridi
Sarfraz
Tanvir
Gul
Rao

12th man: Saleem Malik
It would have been better if Afridi would have been the Captain and Malik in place of S.Malik in the middle order with Afridi opening

Hope malik wil also open against BAN & IND & SL...

Afzal HAider (?) opens the bowling

Butt on strike

Dot to start

Good that Afridi didnt open today:( he would have copped a bashing by the Indians even if he scored 100, some strange people label him minnow basher.

:afridi :kill

0-1 off 0.3 balls

Hes the captain of my fantasy team...

come on YK, they need u in dressing room, it's time to make some Lassi. please hurry up

That is the absolute worst team possible picked by Pakistan for this ODI. Playing Fawad, but using him down the order, again. And also playing Iftikhar Anjum instead of one of the new spinners or pacers. Why even bother!

iZeeshan said:
That is the absolute worst team possible picked by Pakistan for this ODI. Playing Fawad, but using him down the order, again. And also playing Iftikhar Anjum instead of one of the new spinners or pacers. Why even bother!
maybe its their strategy to win this game, cause then we are assured we go to the next round. Then theyll play all youngsters against IND :p

Haider is getting some away movement....

2 excellent balls...YK nearly plays on

The out field looks green and lush. The ground have been well maintained.

Afzaal is a 36 year old pakistani.
probably a Pakistan reject :L

Plasma said:
the last delivery at a fiery 122 Km/h.
Make fun of it, but he did got butt out.

And they seem to almost trouble the batsmen.

**says something about obsession with pace**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back