Pakistan vs. India - 2nd and Final ODI DLF Cup

Slugger

First Class Player
Runs
At the newly built Sheikh Zayed stadium in the picturesque Abu Dhabi the first ODI brought extravagance to the quiet town as it witnessed Pakistan extracting revenge from their arch-rivals after a 4-1 thrashing at home.

As Pakistan heads into the second and final ODI of the mini-tourney, will they whitewash their nemesis 2-0 or will their fragile batting order collapse to offer India the chance to save face?

Will Rana return to form or will he have the runs and blame it on defective pepto bismol?

Will the match even be played at all or will riots break out causing abandonment?

All this and more, it will all go down tonight at 12:30 GMT!

Stay tuned for PakPassion's exclusive live coverage of the match. Ball-to-ball commentary, insider facts and opinions from the experts themselves. Only on PakPassion.net.

I see a 5 fer for Asif in this match.

Is this the official match thread?

Less than half an hour to go.

i expect very low scoring game
as I think they gonna play again on same pitch as yesterday. 2 matches in 2 days on this pitch ll make alot of difference today .

Rana will bowl 10 overs and concede 250 runs.

Asif will bowl one over, take 6 wickets and then Inzi will refuse to let him bowl anymore because he's too defensive unlike Imran Khan.

Malik will score -25 runs at number 3 because Bob and Inzi are clueless when it comes to cricket (Unlike Imran Khan) and run out half the team while Younis Khan bravely leads the way with an unbeaten hundred despite batting out of position and Inzi will be too scared to bat and when we are 2 runs short of victory with one wicket left he will refuse to come out of the dressing room and fake a back injury and leave Younis Khan stranded on 199* because he's a big cowardly oaf (Unlike Imran Khan).

There you go Naved, Arqum, Farhad and half of PP, no need for you to post your predictions as I've done it for you ;0

Big Mac said:

Asif will bowl one over, take 6 wickets and then Inzi will refuse to let him bowl anymore because he's too defensive unlike Imran Khan.

Malik will score -25 runs at number 3 because Bob and Inzi are clueless when it comes to cricket (Unlike Imran Khan) and run out half the team while Younis Khan bravely leads the way with an unbeaten hundred despite batting out of position and Inzi will be too scared to bat and when we are 2 runs short of victory with one wicket left he will refuse to come out of the dressing room and fake a back injury and leave Younis Khan stranded on 199* because he's a big cowardly oaf (Unlike Imran Khan).

There you go Naved, Arqum, Farhad and half of PP, no need for you to post your predictions as I've done it for you ;0

:))) :)) :))) :)) :14: :14:

well said !!!

my sentiments exactly !!

Dravid elects to bat...i think thats a fine way for Pakistan...all ODI games in PAK IND series were chased ;)

Big Mac said:

:))) :))) :)))

I think its better that we chase - lately India have been winning alot of games chasing.

Since they are now setting a target, its better for us.

:)

Robin Uthappa will not be in the playing XI in today's match, Virender Sehwag comes back in the side after missing out last two games.

Big Mac said:

The Rana prediction is incorrect......

Rana cannot afford to give 51 runs in 9 overs today. He has to bowl better and get more wickets

i think dravid is trying to make a statement - that his team can also win by batting first

I was so hoping that India would chase today.....so that we could burst their 16-consecutive-wins-while-chasing bubble!

TaZ said:
Robin Uthappa will not be in the playing XI in today's match, Virender Sehwag comes back in the side after missing out last two games.
Any news on Pak's playing XI for today?

12:27 19Apr2006 RTRS-Cricket-India choose to bat in second charity match

ABU DHABI, April 19 ( Reuters) - India won the toss and will bat against Pakistan on Wednesday in the second and final match of the Friendship Series, aimed at raising funds for last October's earthquake victims in Pakistan and India.
India made one change, bringing opener Virender Sehwag in for Robin Uthappa. Pakistan, who won the first match by six wickets on Tuesday, remained unchanged.
India: Rahul Dravid (captain), Virender Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Venugopal Rao, Irfan Pathan, Harbhajan Singh, Romesh Powar, Ajit Agarkar, Shanthakumaran Sreesanth.
Pakistan: Inzamam-ul Haq (captain), Imran Farhat, Shoaib Malik, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Kamran Akmal, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Rao Iftikhar Anjum, Mohammad Asif, Rana Naved-ul Hasan.

Big Mac said:

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))) :))) :))) :)))

good one BigMac. though u missed Imran's expert comment about Sami Marshall not being selected :)

India team: Sehwag, Dravid, Pathan, Yuvraj, Raina, V Rao, Dhoni, Powar, Agarkar, Bhajji, Sreesanth

Pakistan team: Malik, Farhat, Younis, Inzi, MoYo, Kami, Razzaq, Afridi, Rana, Asif, Rao

Action's started

Asif opening to Sehwag,

1st four balls dot balls :)

Rana opening with Asif, first ball from him a dot ball

13 dot balls in a row from Pakistan!! 7 to Sehwag!!!

India: 0/0 (2.4 Ovs)
V Sehwag* 0(10)
R Dravid 0(6)
Pakistan
M Asif* 1.4-1-0-0
N Hasan 1-1-0-0

Run Rate: 0.00 Current Partnership: 0(16)

some determination from pak bowlers. .. gr8 going
some determination by India too ... not to score any runs ..

Maiden from Asif yet again

India 0-0 after 3

Big Mac said:

:))) :))) :)))

Are Shewaq & dravid being extra cautious??? Asif deserves a wicket...

just a thought .. has it every happenned that any team batted for 50 overs and were 0/0. We have a chance today you know.

Just checked cricinfo...UNBELIEVABLE!!! Zero runs after 2.4 overs!

Gonna save that page.

chuck said:
just a thought .. has it every happenned that any team batted for 50 overs and were 0/0. We have a chance today you know.

unlucky there off the mark with 1. wooohooo...

Love to get this rotweiler early...

had to be Rana who gave the runs...c'mon concentrate boy...

These matches look like a joke to me. two matches in two days and the pitch is not an ideal ODI pitch. The only gain is that it's for a noble cause.

And beaten the next boundary, good comeback from Asif

India: 10/0 (4.2 Ovs)
V Sehwag* 5(15)
R Dravid 5(11)
Pakistan
M Asif* 2.2-2-4-0
N Hasan 2-1-6-0

Run Rate: 2.31 Current Partnership: 10(26)

Back