Pakistan vs India | Asia Cup | Karachi | 02/07/2008 | India Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ thought so too but no, its 16 after 2.1

Btw, one HUGE error sarfraz is making, is that he stands WAY to much behing the stumps... in all of his matches...

18/0 after 3 overs
Much better over by Tanvir as only 3 runs come off it.
Rauf needs a tidy over here as well

lollol said:
Btw, one HUGE error sarfraz is making, is that he stands WAY to much behing the stumps... in all of his matches...

He is probably assuming that the opening bowlers for Pakistan are going to be fast bowler

Ball goes right to the fielder and they still run a single. We need to stop the easy runs and put some pressure on.

I am gonna be a pessemist little fool today.

Pakistan usually win when I am, so I'll go ahead with it.

Prepare to get annoyed PPers!

One thing that has impressed me about Rauf is his line. Hes not giving any room to the batsmen.

Does anyone have any idea of the margin of win which will really help out run-rate?

Its funny how Gambhir averages around 25 against us but sems to put up a huge # everytime..............

Gambhir made to look like a bit of a fool by Rauf.

Bowling speed just under 80mph.

Mohsin_Pak786 said:
Does anyone have any idea of the margin of win which will really help out run-rate?
Honestly, can't worry about NRR today. It will have to be taken care of against Bangladesh.

Random Aussie said:
He is probably assuming that the opening bowlers for Pakistan are going to be fast bowler
But when the ball bounces just before it comes into ur hands, u should know as a wicket keeper that something is wrong :p

iZeeshan said:
I am gonna be a pessemist little fool today.

Pakistan usually win when I am, so I'll go ahead with it.

Prepare to get annoyed PPers!

Are you going to fake it? :p
Let's hope it works though!

P.S. You are an amazing commentator. I love the way you say "gandi" ball thhi ...

Rauf looking much better than Rao already. Looks very clever. Saw Gambhir running down the wicket and banged it in short.

better stuff after the poor first over.

Come on....need to break these two before they settle.

ataullah said:
Rauf looking much better than Rao already. Looks very clever. Saw Gambhir running down the wicket and banged it in short.
Seriously, EVERYONE is better than Rao.... that guy cant bowl.. im waiting when he comes to bowl, then ill go and have my dinner

Momo said:
Are you going to fake it? :p
Let's hope it works though!

P.S. You are an amazing commentator. I love the way you say "gandi" ball thhi ...
:))) Very simplistic.

For fooks sake stop bowling wides

sohailalam said:
cant see the match, whats the position of the stadium? how many ppl?
It seems very empty...

Says something about the confidence the ppl have in their team...

We have already lost. Its over.

There's no way we can win, I mean look at Tanvir! Looking so bad today...Rauf is just getting lucky.

We are just completely screwed.

The gap at point looks 50 feet wide when sehwag is batting. He just has to get bat on ball.

iZeeshan said:
We have already lost. Its over.

There's no way we can win, I mean look at Tanvir! Looking so bad today...Rauf is just getting lucky.

We are just completely screwed.

:)))

Pathetic. Singles being given everywhere. I don't know if Pakistan have noticed, but they DO make a difference.

29/0 off 4.4 overs

Tanvir getting owned by Ghambir and Sehwag

a six off last ball

35/0 off 4.5

I am not sure about Gambhir but if Tanno doesn't bowl at Sehwag's body, he will get killed!

Wow six.

That's just the beginning.

Tanvir is getting smashed. Next over, Rauf will go for 10. Then Rao will be brought in, take a 3 wicket haul, and stay in team forever. FOREVER.

lol this Indian batting line up hits our bowlers around for fun recently... boundaries are simply taken at will.

Pakistan geting completely owned right now. Really sad to watch.

we WANT the Iftikater !! we WANT the Iftikater !! we WANT the Iftikater !!

show the world wot you can do, Rao-superhero here to save the day

Hash Ahmed: "Gambhir plants his foot forward? Could he possibly plant some grass on the pitch too, while he is at it?; Ha ! No hash, no grass references here sir!

is that you Hash?

it is actually going to be quite hilarious to see Rao get pasted by Sehwag and co today.

we WANT the Iftikater !! we WANT the Iftikater !! we WANT the Iftikater !!

India's 50 up in 6 overs.

Pakistan wouldn't even dream of having more then 15 by this point.

Well if you are going to bowl short and wide then be prepared for such spanking.

Yeah sure....nice to see my name along side the likes of Gambhir, Sehwag and ummm, Rao.

Rao useless Iftikhar is now in to bowl and gets spanked for a boundary first ball.

SameerM said:
stgill asleep or at work!

it is half 4 in the afternoon... wait till 5-6pm then crowds will arrive
oh ok, it was freaking me out that an India/Pakistan match had this sparse crowd! Never happened before y'see. And today Pak needs home support like never before

did u see his comment on cricinfo? i'll paste it again!

5.1 Abdur Rauf to Gambhir, no run, played towards point for a single

Hash Ahmed: "Gambhir plants his foot forward? Could he possibly plant some grass on the pitch too, while he is at it?; Ha ! No hash, no grass references here sir!

Respected brothers and a chance sister or two, this is the way to play in the first 20 overs when the field is up. Any international player SHOULD be able to avoid the few fileders on boundary.
If you score 100 in first 25 in the "hope" of scoring 200 in the last 25, you are a fool of the highest order!
What Sehwag and Co. are doing isnt that extraordinary. It can be done. If the intent and aggression is there!
Rahe naam Allah ka ...

Last edited:
6.1 Iftikhar Anjum to Gambhir, FOUR, short in length and well outside the off stump, short of length and cut hard through backward point :)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back