Pakistan vs India | Asia Cup | Karachi | 02/07/2008 | India Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hash

Senior Test Player
Runs
Post of the Week
Just under an hour left now until the start of the crucial do or die game for Pakistan. The weather in Karachi is hot and sunny with a smattering of cloud. The temperature is 34 degrees, though apparantly, it feels more like 39.

Pakistan have already announced their team for the game with Saeed Ajmal and Abdur Rauf coming in for Wahab Riaz and Mansoor Amjad. This is a must win game for Pakistan if we want to keep alive our hopes of reaching the final.

Come on boys!

*Sigh*, another Pak-India Match... It seems like there are more Pak-India matches than it rains nowadays

I still don't understand why are they persisting with useless Rao and dropped Wahab. Lets see how this Ajmal guy performs.

Nice, I'm in London now and there's pretty much no way for me to watch the game. I miss home already!

Rao - for consistency ... good choice imo

Saeed Ajmal and Abdur Rauf - Rauf is a good talent i have heard.. but Saeed..not sure of
Has/Does ANYONE know how these two are currently performing? just need some re-assurance ;-)

Pak - Ind matches are the BEST to watch.. cmon boys lets send these dramaqueens back to their country with a LOLLYWOOD stamp on their foreheads! :wasim :sohail :akhtar :gul

Last edited:
SameerM said:
Rao - for consistency ... good choice imo

Saeed Ajmal and Abdur Rauf - Rauf is a good talent i have heard.. but Saeed..not sure of
Has/Does ANYONE know how these two are currently performing? just need some re-assurance ;-)

Pak - Ind matches are the BEST to watch.. cmon boys lets send these dramaqueens back to their country with a LOLLYWOOD stamp on their foreheads! :wasim :sohail :akhtar :gul

Lol...recently it's been our cricketers getting stamped with bollywood on them.. anyone wants to guess who? come on , come on , guess,
want a clue? :akhtar :akhtar :akhtar :akhtar

Another PAK-IND match :D

Its already the most played ODI match, lol

Very interesting about Rauf is that he apparently was asked to play in the ICL

PakPassion.Net: If u werent picked for Pakistan in the next two years and the ICL offered you a contract to play for Lahore Badshahs or maybe a Multan Tigers team would you accept it?

Abdur Rauf: Actually they've already offered me a contract, they wanted me to join with the last set of players that joined ICL...

PakPassion.Net: ...did they want you in the Lahore Badshahs team?

Abdur Rauf: I don't know, perhaps that's what they wanted. The way the offer was put to me, it was just to join the ICL. There wasn't any mention of any specific team or anything like that but I told them that I wasn't interested.

PakPassion.Net: Was there a lot of difference in the money ICL was offering and in the money you get paid in domestic cricket at the moment?

Abdur Rauf: Yes, there was a huge difference.

PakPassion.Net: 2x, 5x, 10x or 20x the amount you get now?

Abdur Rauf: Try 100x and you'd be a lot closer, they were offering more than just a life changing sum of money. It really was a huge amount compared to what we're used to getting.

PakPassion.Net: It must've been really hard for you to turn that down.

Abdur Rauf: Of course it was, imagine you or your members turning down the equivalent rise in your own salaries. Could you do it? I had to say no because the only reason I started playing cricket was to represent Pakistan. It's been my lifelong dream to wear our national colours and help Pakistan to win matches. I don't think you can put a price on that. I'll see how it goes over the next few years, I don't want to give up on my dream of playing for Pakistan but if at some point in the future it becomes clear that there's no place for me in the Pakistan team then I'll have to re-evaluate where I stand. I hope that day never comes because every wicket I've ever taken, I've seen as another step in my journey towards playing for the national team.

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=54519

In a big blow to Pakistan ahead of their Asia Cup clash against India today, its captain Shoaib Malik has been ruled out of the super-four stage match after he collapsed during a fitness test here. Malik was just six minutes into the test at National stadium before collapsing from exhaustion

Misbah is captaining the team, but who is likely to replace Malik?

Malik collapsed during a fitness test today so Misbah ul Haq is leading the side. I guess either Nasir Jamshed or Fawad Alam will replace Malik.

Another interesting stat is that he has a List A Avg. of only 43.01 with a Eco of 5.30

Another interesting stat is that his Avg for FC-matches OVERALL is 26.40, but in the 2007/2008 season its only 35.33
Statwise, it seems his bowling has become worse

In 2006/2007, he was the leading wicket-taker in FC domestic, with 65 wkts @ 20.60

Poni has won the toss and elected to shat

While we wait for the start, catch the tour diary from Sidharth Monga. Excerpts: "Once on a square turner, bowling to Viv Richards in the last over before tea, Saleem Yousuf kept appealing every ball without a reason. "I was fielding at short-leg," Ramiz recalls, "and when we were walking off for tea, an irritated Viv asked me the Urdu word for chicken, and I told him. So Viv rushed off towards Saleem, and when in his earshot, started shouting, 'Murgi, murgi, murgi'."

:))

TaZ said:
In a big blow to Pakistan ahead of their Asia Cup clash against India today, its captain Shoaib Malik has been ruled out of the super-four stage match after he collapsed during a fitness test here. Malik was just six minutes into the test at National stadium before collapsing from exhaustion

BIG BLOW???????? malik just saved himself from being sacked.

i bet the TEAM wins EASILY today, since Malik aint playing! :p

SameerM said:

He has been of the best batsmen of the series for PAK

Agree, not a good coach, but give credit were its due bro

Hash said:
Malik collapsed during a fitness test today so Misbah ul Haq is leading the side. I guess either Nasir Jamshed or Fawad Alam will replace Malik.

Poor Malik :(

SameerM said:

Aap ke moun mian Ghee shaker ,

lollol said:
He has been of the best batsmen of the series for PAK

Agree, not a good coach, but give credit were its due bro

tru say, but if he captained, and we lost (out of the tournie).. he and the coach would have been reshuffled to say the least

First umar gul, out best bowler in the tournament
And now malik, our best batsmen in the tournament

And who do we have for backup? Unproven rookies!

Team

Butt, Jamshed, Malik, Yousuf, Misbah, Afridi, Sarfaz, Manzoor, Tanvir, Iftikhar, Rauf

Mansoor playing and Nasir Jamshed too. No saeed ajmal, Rauf playing too.

its all down to the experienced players to show how great they are

Easa, no YKhan?

Salman Butt, Nasir Jamshed, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah-ul-Haq, Shahid Afridi, Mansoor Amjad, Sarfraz Ahmed, Sohail Tanvir, Iftikhar Anjum, Abdur Rauf

We are short on the bowling here. Younus and Miss Biss may be able to chip in with an over each to take some pressure off Mansoor Amjad but basically we need early wickets. 3 down by 10 overs please. This is where champions are made and I'm looking at Tanvir (2) and Rauf (1) to do it.

Followed by a nice 3 for 30 by Afridi in the middle overs as well as a direct hit by Younus to leave them 7 down. Rao can get his customery token wicket and Tanvir can polish off the tail to finish with a 4fer.

India all out 250 and we get the runs in 42 overs to improve our NRR by 30 odd or whatever it will work out to. Sri Lanka beat India by 40 runs tomorrow so we will have to beat Bangladesh by 70+ runs to qualify for the final. And we do and we qualify for the final and we win the final and everyone is happy.

And then I'll wake up.

Seriously though, come on boys!

Easa said:
Team

Butt, Jamshed, Malik, Yousuf, Misbah, Afridi, Sarfaz, Manzoor, Tanvir, Iftikhar, Rauf
Ur behind mate, malik wont play, he is unfit

Hash said:
We are short on the bowling here. Younus and Miss Biss may be able to chip in with an over each to take some pressure off Mansoor Amjad but basically we need early wickets. 3 down by 10 overs please. This is where champions are made and I'm looking at Tanvir (2) and Rauf (1) to do it.

Followed by a nice 3 for 30 by Afridi in the middle overs as well as a direct hit by Younus to leave them 7 down. Rao can get his customery token wicket and Tanvir can polish off the tail to finish with a 4fer.

India all out 250 and we get the runs in 42 overs to improve our NRR by 30 odd or whatever it will work out to. Sri Lanka beat India by 40 runs tomorrow so we will have to beat Bangladesh by 70+ runs to qualify for the final. And we do and we qualify for the final and we win the final and everyone is happy.

Everybody, except MSDhoni and co. that is.

Last edited:
COme on guys, lets keep this thread positive today and be optimistic.
We need this win today.
Misbah the pressure wll be on you today.

I wanted YK to lead. I think YK is a far better cricketer than Misbah or Malik

ASSUME we pull of a near impossible win here, Lanka still would have to beat IND, and because of the heavy schedule, im sure Lanka will rest their senior players....

Setanta sports & cricbuzz saying that ajmal is playing instead of mansoor..

lollol said:
ASSUME we pull of a near impossible win here, Lanka still would have to beat IND, and because of the heavy schedule, im sure Lanka will rest their senior players....

Even forgetting about the larger picture of Asia Cup, this match is an Ind-Pak encounter and so important in its own right. We must win it regardless of what happens later.

Yeah, SL is already in the finals, so I also think they will rest their main players.

:younis extremely disappointed with the pitch

FAM said:
Yeah, SL is already in the finals, so I also think they will rest their main players.

The thing is, they would probably rather play us in the final than India....so perhaps they will go out to beat India tomorrow. Provided we win today, ofcourse.

Momo said:
Even forgetting about the larger picture of Asia Cup, this match is an Ind-Pak encounter and so important in its own right. We must win it regardless of what happens later.
Agree, ofcourse we must win and we must be optimistic!

But also realistic he ;-)

Hash said:
The thing is, they would probably rather play us in the final than India....so perhaps they will go out to beat India tomorrow. Provided we win today, ofcourse.
Ive read reports that they will drop their seniors :)

Can someone post some streaming link ?

So who's playing, Amjad or Ajmal?

Hash said:
Salman Butt, Nasir Jamshed, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah-ul-Haq, Shahid Afridi, Mansoor Amjad, Sarfraz Ahmed, Sohail Tanvir, Iftikhar Anjum, Abdur Rauf

And then I'll wake up.

Seriously though, come on boys!

Alarm ringing.... time to wake up and face reality

I have doubts of Pakistan winning already, unless we keep India to 265, it will be very difficul.

Khair, let's see what happens.

Btw, guys when does the match finish? Like, how many hours from now, if all 100 overs are bowled.

Sad to see Wahab dropped.

lollol said:
Sri Lankan captain Mahela Jayawardene has already made it clear that Sri Lanka will rest their senior players against India. This means even if India lose to Pakistan, they will have an opportunity to field a full-strength side against an under-par Sri Lanka. Pakistan's chances are looking bleak.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/live-cricket-scores-and-commentary-2.html

Ah yeah, but playing two days in a row in this heat wont be easy :younis

I would have to say this is one of the weakest and most inexperienced bowling attacks in the history of Pakistani bowling.

iZeeshan said:
I have doubts of Pakistan winning already, unless we keep India to 265, it will be very difficul.

Khair, let's see what happens.

Btw, guys when does the match finish? Like, how many hours from now, if all 100 overs are bowled.

Sad to see Wahab dropped.
17.45 GMT

Any streams guys ??

dblock said:
I would have to say this is one of the weakest and most inexperienced bowling attacks in the history of Pakistani bowling.
It indeed is, unless someone can remember a match where we had even weaker attacks?

Its going to take a true fight to win with the kind of preparation and line-up we have. But I have faith in the boys.

Lets get going boys, we need to keep some hope alive!

Lovely clip from Gambhir for 4, Tanvir needs to stop straying on the pads

6/0

Actually, what i think, is that tanvir has become to predictable for IND.

His action is already sorted out by the indian batsmen

Good start by Tanvir. Just what we needed.

Even a single bit of width of Rauf, and he will get smashed....

playin ipl, india would have lots of videos of tanno bowling..

first over only.. take a chilll pill

I feel for Rauf man, he is under HUGE pressure.....

Sarfraz Ahmed misses the balll down the legside giving 3wides and Misbah asks for an explanation right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back