Pakistan vs India | Asia Cup | Karachi | 02/07/2008 | India Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Misbah trying to put Sarfraz off as he takes the catch :13:

Tanvir does not beat Chawla, picks up the Poni.

Dhoni's wicket is actually a blessing in disguise for India. The next batter will tonk the ball into the orbit!

good effort to fluff the catch. Were they arguing Tum Tum Tum Tum and couldn't decide who will catch it

Two balls left. Tanvir needs 2 to better Chawla, 1 to equal him!
But he has taken a wicket so I guess Chawla has won after all.

The ball here in this pic is right above Sarfraz. Misbah didnt see him, and also didnt hear him for the call...

Collision, but luckily sarfraz didnt drop it

Attachments

• 08-07-02 - Setanta Sports 1 - 1[(348939)15-41-56].JPG
    08-07-02 - Setanta Sports 1 - 1[(348939)15-41-56].JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 97
Sohail becomes the 2nd most expensive pakistani bowler in odi history after Rana Naveed's 2/92 v SAf.

What an innings from Dhoni.
Super cricket. He has put India out of Pakistan's reach.

jusarrived said:
a match winning innings form Dhoni ...well played captain !

Yes, at a strike rate of 70 with just 4 boundaries. He should cop the same stick as Malik.

They end up on 308.

I think its too much for us, especially now we dont have Malik (best batsmen for PAK this tournament)

Jamal said:
Yes, at a strike rate of 70 with just 4 boundaries. He should cop the same stick as Malik.

difference when ur opeing and setting the tone and when u have just lost 4-5 wickets

309 to win.
Not out of reach, we need a good opening.

Not a bad effort considering out batting line up didnt click, now lets see what Nasir Bradman Jamshed can do..

Jamal said:

How? He played only a minor part of power playes while Malik wasted all 20 overs. Dhoni has knowledge that 90 quick runs were already on board so he played sensibly. Malik started when Pakistan needed 6 an over and by the time 25 overs ended, we neded more than 8 with Malik still thuk thuking.

Comparing the two innings is a sin!

Jamal said:

check the context in which the runs are scored.
india were off to a great start and 3 quick wickets. malik opened the innings.
perfect inning from dhoni.

Momo said:
How? He played only a minor part of power playes while Malik wasted all 20 overs. Dhoni has knowledge that 90 quick runs were already on board so he played sensibly. Malik started when Pakistan needed 6 an over and by the time 25 overs ended, we neded more than 8 with Malik still thuk thuking.

Comparing the two innings is a sin!

Wow, someone's "eager to please" today isn't he?

77 runs in last 10 over........ 26 runs in last 2!

Jamal said:

well , you shud check my post about maliks innings first .......anyway if not for dhoni we wud have never got 250 , forget 300 ....his personal strike rate hardly matters !

lollol said:
They end up on 308.

I think its too much for us, especially now we dont have Malik (best batsmen for PAK this tournament)

Malik or no Malik, it's impossible. Because you are going to see a great Test performance from our players.

I think some luck and superb batting will be required to get even near this total, need a century from one of the top order, a quick start, lbw shouts evened up and a few dropped catches hopefully.

India end strong at 308/7. Well batted by Irfan Pathan in the death overs.

308 is a par score.....
1 +ive thing is that dhoni has played arnd 100 balls......the longer dhoni bats, the better is the chance for india always...

will pakistan be docked overs for failing to complete the quota withing times?
or it was just that there were too many breaks because of the heat?

W63L35 said:
77 runs in last 10 over........ 26 runs in last 2!

not bad really

last 10 overs, pakistan bowled pretty well.

dhoni also batted well for his knock

Im comparing that people thought Malik should have accelerated after consolidating, and i think Dhoni had the same responsibility..India could've been around 340-350.

cars112 said:
Wow, someone's "eager to please" today isn't he?
Want another dose like yesterday?
Don't hesitate. I will oblige. :))

Momo said:

No, the inadvertent comedy provided your posts today already has me in raptures. :))) :))) :)))

pixaar said:

Don't think they dock overs anymore, just fine/suspend the captains

Momo said:
After India & then Australia, you are his next target !

pixaar said:

In this tournamenet everybody is struggling so no overs will be docked. England captain had to sit out some games due to the same offence though. However Karachi is very hot and an allowance is being given t everybody.

imranahmed_khan said:
After India & then Australia, you are his next target !

Someone really has a lot of time to keep tracking a fellow poster, doesn't he?

Jamal said:
Im comparing that people thought Malik should have accelerated after consolidating, and i think Dhoni had the same responsibility..India could've been around 340-350.

with 5 wicket down, with only Pahtans to come, India would have more likely ended at 270 all out of Dhoni had gone put. On the other hand, for Malik all his batting was left who would have scored faster

308 is an over par score on this flat track. Pak keep wickets till say the 40th over and its their game to lose.

cars112 said:
No, the inadvertent comedy provided your posts today already has me in raptures. :))) :))) :)))

So when you are amused, you start whining like you did yesterday?
Want me to produce some proofs? Who resolved never to respond to me ever? :)
You remind me of Ponting. First you throw something and when it comes back you are the first to complain about behaviour. :O

a NEW pak innings THREAD is open.. get ready for the Fight back ....

cars112 said:
Someone really has a lot of time to keep tracking a fellow poster, doesn't he?
Nice comeback, totally unexpected..........
NOT !

imranahmed_khan said:
Nice comeback, totally unexpected..........
NOT !

Cars112 is notorious for his unexpected comebacks :))) :))) :)))

Romali_rotti said:
Not a bad effort considering out batting line up didnt click, now lets see what Nasir Bradman Jamshed can do..
Are u going to call him bradman all the time?

After a while, it isnt funny anymore...

And batting line up didnt click? It was good bowling by our bowlers.

The wicket of ghambir was lucky indeed, but even i - the greatest Rao hater in the universe - have to say he bowled really well today.

IND should practice with short-pitched deliveries against these youngsters, as two of them got out on those.

Momo said:
Cars112 is notorious for his unexpected comebacks :))) :))) :)))
:))) :))) The next one will be don't butt in the middle of an argument, you have nothing to do with it blah blah.

imranahmed_khan said:
:))) :))) The next one will be don't butt in the middle of an argument, you have nothing to do with it blah blah.
That's correct. After about two three messages he starts whining but the best thing is that come the next day, he starts all over again! :O

Yaqub said:
Hello Guys. How u doin today?

Not so good thanks. My back is aching, my legs are buckling, my mind is adrift on a featherbed of gently lunacy, I have this persistent tic in my cheek, and my hands are itching to strangle someone in a blaze of desolate madness.

And I'm one of the better members here.

But how're you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back