Pakistan vs India | Asia Cup | Karachi | 02/07/2008 | India Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
just over mid-off. Sehwag stayed back to mistime a lofted shot just over Tanvir. Rameez Raja is fuming on air. He reckons Tanvir could have put more effort and taken the catch. Tanvir had turned around slowly and didn't show much urgency in getting to the ball

laziness is back in the team! demotivation to blame?

Far too many easy singles are being given away, this brings back memories of that group game against India in the Kitply Cup.

10 overs and 86 runs !!
shockingzn8.gif

9.5 Abdur Rauf to Sehwag, FOUR, Sehwag moved towards the off stump, lifted his left leg and lapped a short of length delivery from outside off to deep backward square leg boundary. He had predetermined that. He was seen playing this particular shot quite a few times in IPL. The bowlers would try to cramp him for room by cutting the ball back into him and he would, suddenly, walk towards off to play it behind square leg.

Credit to Rauf, he has been, by far the best bowler for Pakistan so far.

iZeeshan said:
:)))

I think I am getting bored of watching cricket too, especially when Pakistan is getting pasted.

You know, you and I should catch a game of golf, or better yet, croquet sometime. Yes, that should be fun. And we can drink tea and talk about politics while playing.

It's a deal. Croquet, tea, cake, politics - all gentlemanly stuff. No violence.
Let's sort out the logistics and other details later.
Am going to take a train ride back home and hopefully by the time I reach home, cricket and all it's attrocities will be far far away from my mind.

I love nature. I love sunshine, I love sunset and flowers and trees and the beautifully scented summer breeze and children who are so innocent and beautiful and moonlight and beeches and flowers. And I love croquet, with tea and political discussions.
No cricket, you wont be able to keep me away from all the loves of my life any more! Mai jaa raha hoon!

Last edited:
wud love to see india get 400 today ...how many time in recent time we have screwd up after starts like today !

Lucky wicket for Rao, poor ball but good catch from afridi

Again another single, easily pinched. Pakistani fielders are too far back in the circle

Well done Rao. What did i tell you guys ;).

some of you need to cut him some slack.

Momo said:
It's a deal. Croquet, tea, cake, politics - all gentlemanly stuff. No violence.
Let's sort out the logistics and other details later.
Am going to take a train ride back home and hopefully by the time I reach home, cricket and all it's attrocities will be far far away from my mind.

I love nature. I love sunshine, I love sunset and flowers and trees and the beautifully scented summer breeze and children who are so innocent and bautiful and moonlight and beeches and flowers. And I love croquet, with tea and political discussions.
No cricket, you wont be able to keep me away from all the loves of my life!
:))) Meet you at 7 AM tomorrow then.

(that's gentlemanly init)

wat an idiot , he had an easy hundred for taking ....now shewag can get out any time as well ...effectively we are 88/2 !

Basically both openers should have gone by now, unfortunately only one has.

rao is still in the team cause he always gets the first breakthrough :po:

Down the track, tried to blast it through the covers and Afridi takes a good sharp catch. Good wicket for Pakistan.

A quick bathroom break and 1 wicket is down!!!
Rao the man once again,
Need another 9 wickets quickly.

Raina comes in, he's in good form at the moment.

iZeeshan said:
:))) Meet you at 7 AM tomorrow then.

(that's gentlemanly init)

7 am?
Gentlemen don't wake up before 1 am. That too only with the help of a Jeeve's kind of magic potion. You sure you can't make it 3 pm? We'll have breakfast and morning walk at 3 pm. What say you?

jusarrived said:
raina due to fail as well ....we cud be in trouble very soon !

Seriously, this PAK attack is even worse than BAN :p

lollol said:
He doesnt strike, he gets lucky

That's harsh. He had a plumb lbw not given and a ctach not taken in his previous overs. Learn to respect the Rao!

I am loving Indians right now! They;re so negative, they've ALMOST motivated me to go get breakfast.

I know, odd connection.

Waqar first said, that Shahid Khan Afridi had taken an easy catch, and now he just said, very good catch from Shahid Khan Afridi :))

NeVerMind said:
That's harsh. He had a plumb lbw not given and a ctach not taken in his previous overs. Learn to respect the Rao!
?
Shut up.

He sucks. You know it.

lollol said:
Average delivery, ghambir gave that wicket away... he came down the track...

Wicket is a Wicket.. Didn't Tanvir misjudge and mess up on a relatively easy catch form Rao's over anyway?

Oxy said:
Who is out?

Ghambir

When a bowler is bowling really well, and gets a wicket, the batsmen will play him carefully

In Rao's case, he will get hit all the time :)))

Sehwag really is a freak. If you look at him he looks nothing like an athlete, slightly fat, balding, but he hits boundaries at will.

Could be gone here.... please be gone!!

Inswinger said:
Rao the man once again,

Could we have another 9 bathroom breaks from you then?

4 runs and a wicket from the Rao over, another good one.

Inswinger said:
Rao the man once again,
If I were still interested in cricket (which I definitely am not) I would have advised you to have dysentry so that Pakistan could bowl India out before 150.

NeVerMind said:
RESPECT HIM???

AHAHAHHAHAHA :)))

Im the biggest Rao hater around here, so dont expect anything from me

The keeper... actually took the catch cleanly!

I really enjoyed that, its been so long since i saw our keeper take a difficult catch.

outtttttttttt.
wah wah ! i come to watch the game, 2 wickets fall.

haha what a fu nny game this cricket is man

all of a sudden India are under pressure.

great game this cricket

Cricbuzz: Virender Sehwag has decided to walk back himself, strange because he stayed his ground sometime back. He should have gone off straightaway then...

Momo said:
If I were still interested in cricket (which I definitely am not) I would have advised you to have dysentry so that Pakistan could bowl India out before 150.
Yo, cancel plans for croquet yo, we may get a game on here, yo.

(I am trying to completely dismay my gentlemanly profile!)

jusarrived said:
two down...shewag gone !

I know my team pretty well , you see !
If u know ur team well, u should also know who are the batsmen coming next ;)

And u should also know that they can take easy runs even in the middle over from afridi and the rookie spinner

RAO - the motivator !!!

now the ream should slowly revive and get excited.

Wheres Afridi and Younus khans motivational talks and stares today?? cmon wake up boys

Ok now that normality has surfaced, come on Pakpassionerss come out of the woods :D...

FAM said:
Cricbuzz: Virender Sehwag has decided to walk back himself, strange because he stayed his ground sometime back. He should have gone off straightaway then...
He prolly jus wanted to review the play. No harm done.

If we can get another before they hit 100, then its game on!

Abdur Rauf to Sehwag, OUT, huge shout for a catch behind decision and after consultation with the square leg umpire it has been referred to third umpire. It is a clean catch. Sehwag tried to dab a length delivery outside off stump to third man and it ran off the face of the bat.

Sehwag gone! Excellent delivery from Rauf, in the channel. Sehwag tried to run it fine, but got a thin edge and Sarfraz takes that very low. Wow another wicket gone and Pakistan are right back in the match with these 2 quick wickets.

Actually, I am pretty excited right now, because India have a REALLY good habit of throwing away AMAZING starts like these.

And it usually works like this. 1-2 wickets from the pacers. Then Malik and Afridi used to just obliterate them for 180.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back