Pakistan vs South Africa | 2007 Series | 1st Test | Karachi | 01/10/07 | Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afridi_Fan

Test Star
Runs
Post of the Week
Well day 3 will get under way in about less than 80 minutes.The game is still far from over,we need Butt and Malik to come good with the bat and for God sake dont let harris settle in a good rhythm

This Karachi wicket is the type where you WIN THE TOSS AND WIN THE GAME !!!!

We need to ensure we avoid the follow on or we're in big trouble.

We can't afford to go one down with a relatively new set of players.

Mercenary said:

Followon has to be the 1st target,but i am afraid we cant get to that target with a defensive mindset

If we are going to make somewhere around 250-270 range then we should just take the follow on an not score aboe 250. If SAF ask us to be bat again it will be better for us. This way SA will bat last when the pitch will be at its worst and we may be able to get more out of our spinners.
That being said SA most likely will not force us to follow on even if they have the option.

Mercenary said:

There is no way in the world SA is going to enforce the follow on. Even a lead of 200 is not enough if Pak can score 350 plus and SA have to chasee around 150. Wicket is already crumbling. SA would be foolish if they dont take advantage of a slightly better wicket (than its going to be on day 4-5) and pile up a score to make Pak bat 4th

Last edited:
Do ARY show anything before 6am? Like build up or somthing like that?

I can almost bet Saffies wont enforce the follow on,so we need to bat wwell and get as many as we can, and then try to bowl them out cheaply but even then i guess we will have to climb a mountain to safe this one probably a target of 400 will be waiting for us in the 4th innings with about 4-5 sessions.So we need to buy our time but please for Godsake dont sleep on the pitch

Only miracles can save us from here but the important thing to see is what kind of fight the team puts up under Malik and Lawson.

LoLz,and i even cant see the build up leave aside the live action

the true passionist said:
Only miracles can save us from here but the important thing to see is what kind of fight the team puts up under Malik and Lawson.

Yeah thats the only thing we have to see here,the fight back

Oh God the heart is starting to race by just looking at the watch

Can we do it?

Ok my heart,my mind,my soul everyone tells meYeah man we can still win this

Stupid?

man i don't know what to write here.. i guess today nobody is watching the game.

Afridi_Fan said:
Ok,i will talk to myself in this thread

well i am awake and i guess going to be awake all night. i didn't sleep last night and slept all day.. my timing got messed up :( :(

does anybody know whether salman butt is going to bat or not?

Last edited:
Harris in 14th over just gave away 22 runs

new murali in the making

Afridi_Fan said:
Harris in 14th over just gave away 22 runs

new murali in the making

oh come on.. he can only bowl two kinds of balls.. offbreak and arm ball thats it.. its our world class who needs to learn how to play on turning pitches

Ok we canty play on spinning tracks,we cant play on bouncy tracks,we cant play on seaming tracks

Wow we are one hell of a team

i guess, we are the only fools, who are watching this boring test match :D

the true passionist said:
you might just end up witnessing one of the best batting display by a Pakistani.

which is highly unlikely.

i think they watered the pitch last night..(chori chori) :D ball isn't staying that low..

nice short by malik for 4

tauseefm said:
which is highly unlikely.

Yup his first class batting average is 17.66 so not a good bat even at lower level

Cracking shot by Malik

OMG what a poor running between the wicket.... that should've been 2 runs

Malik iss shielding Rehman from Nel,thats a good tactic,he looked fraagile against Nel

As i said that he takes a quick single,but its the 5th ball

good over by Ntini.. 149/6... yaaroo pakistan ka kaya ho ga?

The number of catches Butt droped and runs out he missed, and shots he couldnt stop; now he could redeem them somewhat if he scores a hundred. Since he droped Amla at 1, and Amla scored 71; he droped Kallis at 61 and Kallis scored 155; and he missed run out of Kallis too. So two hundreds from Butt will be true redemtion but since he is screwed by DNA so he could score hundred only.

Butt is trying to get the confidence :Zaheer

I hope this confidence comes quickly as we need it right now

Pakistanis need to learn how to counter attack. When we are under pressure, we go into a shell and dont even bother playing the ball...hoping magically that the pressure will eventually go away and we'll get runs. Never happens! The other team isn't stupid.

Boys_played_well said:
Pakistanis need to learn how to counter attack. When we are under pressure, we go into a shell and dont even bother playing the ball...hoping magically that the pressure will eventually go away and we'll get runs. Never happens! The other team isn't stupid.

Spot On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back