Pakistan vs South Africa | 2nd Test | Lahore | 8/10/07 | Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

iZeeshan

Senior Test Player
Runs
Well this is it guys. Match to start in 20 minutes.

Here we go.

Good Morning from the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore for the Cricinfo coverage of the 2nd Test between Pakistan and South Africa. South Africa are one up and looking to win their first major subcontinent series since 2000 while Pakistan will look to make Inzamam's final Test one to remember. For all the latest news on this match please have a look at our preview at http://content-www.cricinfo.com/pakvrsa/content/story/314143.html

fantastic coverage by cricinfo as usual.

Wow, no squad updates! I am up at 1 am JUST to know the frikkin team and who bats first!

2ndtest.jpg

I am watching on live stream!

Thats got to be the most painful 'pitch report' Ive ever seen...

What's team? Toss?

Any news it all? PATHETIC that I ask this since its an OFFICIAL INTERNATIONAL MATCH.

Waqar says...If Pak wins toss, they'll bowl. There is some grass/juice in it for pacers!

man cbn are so ******** can someone give them a ring and tell them to put on real cricket not online link

Pak only playing 2 seamers / 2 spinners again

:( SAF bat first :(

South Africa has won the toss and have decided to bat first. Pakistan have included Inzamam and Yousuf with Hafeez and Iqbal sitting out. Shoaib Malik, Salman Butt, Abdur Rehman, Danish Kaneria, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Kamran Akmal, Misbah-ul-Haq, Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Yousuf, Umar Gul, Younis Khan.

12thMan said:
South Africa won the toss and will bat first
Malik should have asked Inzi to go for the toss; he is mostly very lucky with the toss.

Akamal, Butt, Younis Khan, MoYo, Inzi, Shoaib Malik, Misbah, Rehman, Umar Gul, Danesh K, Asif

Kamran Akmal to open with Butt

SAfer same team. No Pollock!

W63L35 said:
Waqar says...If Pak wins toss, they'll bowl. There is some grass/juice in it for pacers!

:O

Thank God we ar ebowling first. It will all be gone by tomorrow.

Akmal Butt YK Yousaf Inzi Malik Mizbah Rehman Gul Kaneria Asif

SA unchanged

I am pretty optimistic that Asif and Gul will give early break through; might be caught by Inzi or Younis in the slip cordon.

Hash said:
:O

Thank God we ar ebowling first. It will all be gone by tomorrow.

...but Shaoib said...that he would have batted, if he won the toss.

Last time we bowled them out on the first day in Gaddafi. If we can do that again, that would help us huge!

the only thing looks good in pakistan is the middle batting order ,bowling specially pace will suffer with the lack of the third seamer,bad move IMO.

I am staying awake for first 2 overs. There better be a wicket.

"The pitch shows a big change from Karachi, this one the spinners do not have too much assistance available and will have to look at bowlers footmarks later in the Test. It looks hard and should have a lot more bounce as well. The ball may just come onto the bat a lot better."

sounds good .. should be something in it for the seamers initially and will turn later on.

iZeeshan said:
I am staying awake for first 2 overs. There better be a wicket.

Isnt it already 5 hours past your bed time bachay?

Asif cutting it right through Gibbs! almost bowled...laxmaneusqe ball!

GOOD SIGNS:

0.2 Asif to Gibbs, no run, this is a peach of a delivery, good length delivery on the off, pitched up in the corridor of uncertainty, jabs back into the right hander sharply, Gibbs gets forward and looks to defend it, beats the outside edge, that one came back in a long way, was mighty close to the off stump

0.1 Asif to Gibbs, no run, good length delivery on the stumps, jabs back into the right hander sharply, Gibbs stays behind the crease and looks to flick it away, beaten by the swing and surprised by the bounce at the same time, good start by Asif here

Lovely ball from Asaif - play , miss - nearly an edge from Smith

0.5 Asif to Smith, no run, Asif is on a roll today, good length delivery on the off, pitched up in the corridor of uncertainty, darting away sharply from the left hander, Smith stays rooted in the crease and looks to jab at it, misses the edge not by a long way

baaah ... cbn off line and zee showing india match !!

iZeeshan said:
Chubbay. I am studying for my Alg II test.

Wow man, things are moving fast now. Didn't realize they had ALG in grade 2 now....

Thick inside edge from Smith off Guls 1st ball.

Good start by Asif. Lets hope we can get one of these two early, and Kallis before he hits 25.

There may be something in this pitch for 1st 45 mins - Smith gambling that Pak wont exploit it

Amir said:
Wow man, things are moving fast now. Didn't realize they had ALG in grade 2 now....
Chal bey. I am in Grade 10. Go suck rotten eggs.

Just a little juice in the pitch, and Asif becomes unplayable. Take a hint PCB!

Oxy said:
There may be something in this pitch for 1st 45 mins - Smith gambling that Pak wont exploit it

i think he made the right choice ... maybe tough going early on ... but still advantageous to bat first.

Man if we have pacers like this, why are we relying on spinners! Damn Pak play to your own strength and not worry about the oppositions!

iZeeshan said:
Chal bey. I am in Grade 10. Go suck rotten eggs.

Chup Karo! Show some respect to your elders! I was in grade ten when you were still in your nappies :p

Oxy said:
Smith is not gambling rather he doesn't want to face spinners on day 4 and 5. Plus they knew first 10-15 overs will be crucials with ONLY TWO seamers in the side; after that on this pitch ball is coming at the bat nicely, they could score at a rate around 4; and could end first day with a score of 320-340.

Waqar definately not impressed with Pak's bowling line up - lamenting the absence of Rao or Soahail

LightSpeedGT said:
Man if we have pacers like this, why are we relying on spinners! Damn Pak play to your own strength and not worry about the oppositions!

Exactly for onc eI agree with Waqar. And Gully is struggling with his elbow already, so why they didnt pick a third seamer beats mee. Then again I dont blame the selectors with Rao the only other seamer in the squad. Sohail would have been good in these conditions and plus SA have never seen him before.

More cameramen than spectators in the crowd.

Plenty of movement for Asif - another play & miss from Smith

Can't believe they went with two pacers again. How thick headed are they?

Asif's 1st 2 overs should confirm what the bowling make up should have been - getting lift and movement so far

The pitch shows a big change from Karachi, this one the spinners do not have too much assistance available and will have to look at bowlers footmarks later in the Test. It looks hard and should have a lot more bounce as well. The ball may just come onto the bat a lot better.

Great move to play 2 spinners

hey guys....looks like it's moving a bit . Smith made a bad decision to bat first ?

We n eed early wickets, espicially Kallis on this seaming wicket to get them out by days end!

saffer said:
hey guys....looks like it's moving a bit . Smith made a bad decision to bat first ?

Naw, because Pak only has two seamers. See them out and then its smooth sailing from them. Plus it works for us because Pakistani openers wouldnt last 2 overs with Steyn and Nel moving the ball around like this.

Waqar ...going on and on about Pak not picking 3rd seamer!

Haven't seen the incoming ball to the lefty from Asif in a while.

saffer said:
I dont think so - if we dotnt exploit the conditions in the first 12 overs - its a good move

Can anyone in this side bowl pace.....like and try to exploit the conditions? Moyo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back