Pakistan vs South Africa | 2nd Test | Lahore | 8/10/07 | Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tanvir would have been an excellent pick for this game.

Chalo! I am off to bed, hopefully will see SAF 101/6 at Sehri.

W63L35 said:
Waqar ...going on and on about Pak not picking 3rd seamer!

He is right though, problem is we had no third seamer in our squad. (I dont tthink Rao is a seamer :p). Tanvir would be amazing on this wicket!

iZeeshan said:
Tanvir would have been an excellent pick for this game.

Chalo! I am off to bed, hopefully will see SAF 101/6 at Sehri.

I don't wan to see you comin gout of your room until sehri bachay! Night night, sweet dreams beti! :p

yeah...but get smith , gibbs and kallis and you could have us for 150 ....

Maybe Pakistan selecters have listened to experts like Monsee and Hash and other Shoaib haters who told us that with Indian style medium pace line and length bowlers we can destroy batting line ups ?

saffer said:
yeah...but get smith , gibbs and kallis and you could have us for 150 ....

thats a big ask getting all three out cheaply and quickly. After the first hour if we dont get em out, they will cash in!

sportacus said:
Maybe Pakistan selecters have listened to experts like Monsee and Hash and other Shoaib haters who told us that with Indian style medium pace line and length bowlers we can destroy batting line ups ?

I am not a Shoaib hater...or lover for that matter. But I think he just needs time out of the team to sort his head out. Shoaib is not the whole team, we have won tests before without him.

the pitch beginnign to lose its early zip. Asif not moving it as much as he once was before.

seems like we will also be relying a lot on part-time bowlers....Inzi, Yousuf?????

PlanetPakistan said:
I think Kaneria would enjoy bowling on this pitch.
I think Kans will enjoy this pitch more so too. Ironically.

Anyway, Asif looking good. Bowling with good pace, upto 138 ks and moving it beautifully both ways.

Early wickets are key here...Kallis should come in while Asif is bowling with the new ball. It will be hard to get him out otherwise.

Amir said:
I am not a Shoaib hater...or lover for that matter. But I think he just needs time out of the team to sort his head out. Shoaib is not the whole team, we have won tests before without him.

when?

against Bangladesh? West Indies?

we only beat south africa when Shoaib plays

UsmanhailsAfridi said:
watching brett lee trouble the indians...i really hope we have akhtar for the indian series
Man Lee bowled some spell today. Made Sachin look like nobody. One of the best spells i've seen in a while and he got no wickets. Very unlucky!

The pitch will lose its movement very quickly. As waqar said it will probably flatten out by lunch. So will shoaib bowl both gul and asif for ten overs each??

Also gul is not looking very good early on. maybe his elbow is bothering him

Asif and Gul bowling similar pace. After watching Lee bowl today, reminded me how big of a difference there is between 140 and 150ks.

our medium pacers Asif and Gul letting us down again even when conditions in their favour.

another match lost after just a few overs.

shows the virtue of having a extra pace strike bowler who can bowl with the new and old ball and take wickets

I think Asif is line for a pretty rude awakening, he isn't as good as the Shoab-haters have made him out to be

dam ... looks like they are going to survive the new ball ... bad news for us.

Asif bowling faster than Gul. Gul looks out of sorts. Think he's carrying a niggle! And we're playing 2 pacers!

LightSpeedGT said:
Asif bowling faster than Gul. Gul looks out of sorts. Think he's carrying a niggle! And we're playing 2 pacers!

crap... new this was gonna happen ... keeping a healthy shoaib out of the team is pure STUPIDITY !!!

I'm predicting Asif losing it and spraying it around as he realises he is going to bowl about 60 overs in this innings and go for 240 runs and take no wickets.

this in mind numbingly dull

i long for the days of shoaib who would either injure the opposition or a member of his own team :))

Didnt Gul tell them he had an injury? If yes, didnt they do a fitness test on him to see if he could bowl 'pain-free'?

Hes been holding his wrist/elbow since the 3rd ball.

Thats just madness!

why couldn't ARY have deprived us of coverage like last time?

those jokers can never get it right!

Asif atleast needs a 5 wicket hall to remain in the Top Ten.I hope he would do it.

Gul passed the fitness tests according to Waqar

Oxy said:
Didnt Gul tell them he had an injury? If yes, didnt they do a fitness test on him to see if he could bowl 'pain-free'?

Hes been holding his wrist/elbow since the 3rd ball.

Thats just madness!

gul is just as injury prone as shoaib ... both these guys combined make 1 bowler.

Gibbs out ct at point ny Misbah off Gullu Shah
SA 24-1
Fanta for players

"UHHHHHHHHHH but gul sucks yooo..lol ROFL....."

do you think if hashim edges it to Inzy at slip Inzy might drop it ?

Inzy may be too preoccupied admiring Hashims beard

Great wicket to get! Come on Pakistan..

sportacus said:
do you think if hashim edges it to Inzy at slip Inzy might drop it ?

Inzy may be too preoccupied admiring Hashims beard

no probaly more amazed at the fact that Hashim has bowled more overs than Shoaib in the past year.

Gibbs got out in same way as he got out in the First Inng of First Test.

the true passionist said:
Amla is usually a bit vulnerable in such conditions.

right ... smith would have been smart to promote AB to 3 here.

maybe he got lulled into a real sense of security by Pakistans innocuous bowling ha ha

I am fed up with this commentating now...The have been beating down the same point for an hour now.

Totally agree -- Robin Jackman / Bishop gettin gme on my nerves now.. They have made this point loud and clear -- need to mve on !!

I am fed up with this commentating now...The have been beating down the same point for an hour now.
Wait till Waqar comes back on....maybe with Uncle Zaheer (unless he has been sacked!!!)

PlanetPakistan said:
Can any one tell who is showing this game in PAK?
On cable, PTV / ARY / SuperSports2 (SAf channel) / Possibly Geo Sports

Man this commentry already sucks,and imagine there is still Zaheer Abbass to come

I am not watching it anymore

Bishop is on ghanja or hash ,he is asking danish to take 5er under 100 runs............ but on the other hand miracles do happen.

Oxy said:
On cable, PTV / ARY / SuperSports2 (SAf channel) / Possibly Geo Sports

Not Geosportsw,GeoSuper is telcasting the India Vs Austraila game

This match is on SuprSports2,Ten Sports,PTV, not sure abt ARY though

I can't hear the commentary or understand it. The only understandable noise coming from ARY is Mirch Masala, Tricon Village, HRE insurance. They don't have King King Kabab king or Tikka Boti in UK I guess

I see what you guys mean...after 14 over these guys will be tired...then where do pakistan look for change bowlers on a wicket that's seaming ? Crazy !

Cracking bouncer from Asif. Well played by Smith.

Pitch looking flat and so is Gul. He's bowling like just another medium pacer!

Danish comes on.

I hope this works - but I dont have a good feeling about this

Afridi_Fan said:
Will this pitch turn for DK and Rehman on day 1?
More like after 14 overs - its a new, hard ball. I cant see it.

anyone on tv notice how crappy the feed is? what an embarassment...

At least its good to see Asif coming in a giving ot 100% - bowled with pace

Afridi_Fan said:
Amazing thing is still no drop catches or misopportunities

I don't think that is a good thing, it means we aren't doing a good job creating opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back