Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | 2nd ODI | Dubai | 14/11/11 | Sri Lanka Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawad2010

T20I Debutant
Runs
Toss in 15 minutes!

If Misbah wins, should we bat or bowl? Keeping in mind its the same pitch as in the 1st ODI

Lol @ Cricinfo

2.20 pm Hell and welcome to ESPNcricinfo's ball-by-ball coverage of the second ODI between Pakistan and Sri Lanka in Dubai.

I expect SL to put up a decent score and fight alot more then they've done.

They will win the toss. We will win the match. Not bad in my opinion. :yk

Same team for pakistan

Srilanka made 2 changes

Suranga Lakmal isn't playing for Sri Lanka, he has an ankle injury. He's been replaced by Thisara Perera. Jeevan Mendis has come in for Kosala Kulasekara.

Toss, 2.30 pm Tillakaratne Dilshan has won the toss and Sri Lanka will bat again. Suranga Lakmal isn't playing for Sri Lanka, he has an ankle injury. He's been replaced by Thisara Perera. Jeevan Mendis has come in for Kosala Kulasekara. Mahela Jayawardene is fit and will play today.

cricinfo :

Tillakaratne Dilshan has won the toss and Sri Lanka will bat again. Suranga Lakmal isn't playing for Sri Lanka, he has an ankle injury. He's been replaced by Thisara Perera. Jeevan Mendis has come in for Kosala Kulasekara. Mahela Jayawardene is fit and will play today.

Pakistan are playing an unchanged team. Misbah said he would have batted as well on this strip.

No lakmal. Another blow to the relatively weak Srilankan bowling attack.

one expert saying its a 220 pitch

one is saying 250+ pitch

pitch has no grass now ... its bit hard ....

Up to the bowlers as usual to put us in a dominant position.

Only two changes for Lanka though the names can mislead you

1) Balapuwaduge Manukulasuriya Amith Jeevan Mendis in for Chamith Kosala Bandara Kulasekara

2) Narangoda Liyanaarachchilage Thisara Chirantha Perera in for Ranasinghe Arachchige Suranga Lakmal

Might be stating that obvious but Sri lanka need to bat better then they did in 1st match!

I think 230+ would make a challenging chase for pakistan later on in this game.

Afridi, speaking to Ten Sports, says: "for the past two three years I've been focusing on by bowling. My batting, my performance is once in a blue moon." He laughs and says he's trying his best.

----------------------

Pretty stupid attitude to have when your playing as an all-rounder if your only focusing on one area of your game.

Then again Afridi isnt the sharpest tool in the box!

Tbf Amjid, Afridi is a bowler first and batsmen second. Don't forget he came into the team as a legspinner.

Seriously people?!

230/250 being a challenging total? 250 is par IMO.

We showed how easily it was to bat out there cruising at 6rpo against a weak bowling attack.

Seriously people?!

230/250 being a challenging total? 250 is par IMO.

We showed how easily it was to bat out there cruising at 6rpo against a weak bowling attack.

It'll be a challenging total. It makes Malinga even more difficult to play when we have to score 5 an over.

Afridi, speaking to Ten Sports, says: "for the past two three years I've been focusing on by bowling. My batting, my performance is once in a blue moon." He laughs and says he's trying his best.

----------------------

Pretty stupid attitude to have when your playing as an all-rounder if your only focusing on one area of your game.

Not really, he's telling the truth and that is what we want from our players :D

----------------------

yeah its really stupid

He should work hard on batting as well .. pakistan need his batting as well

"Performance or no performance, good things happen to the Pakistan team when Afridi is around and the crowd just absolutely loves this guy."

It'll be a challenging total. It makes Malinga even more difficult to play when we have to score 5 an over.

Malinga only has 10 overs and guess what, he averages over 50 at almost 5rpo against Pakistan.

Farhat to score a ton while guiding us to victory :murali

What's up with these exicting games and challenging totals. Just be happy Pakistan bowled them out cheaply last time and hope for the same again. When the series is in the bag you can hope for these kind of things or watch other matches!

We all know Pakistan can still collapse if they are to chase 270 under lights so stop this nonesense!

Tbf Amjid, Afridi is a bowler first and batsmen second. Don't forget he came into the team as a legspinner.

Doesnt matter wether he came in the side as a fast bowler, off spinner etc... facts are if your playing as an all-rounder then common sense would tell you to work on both parts off your game.

Also if hes been seeing himself as a bowler for last 3 years why bat at number 6/7 etc.. in ODIs? pretty much thats wasting a batting spot in the side if your not going to take it seriously!

----------------------

Lol at you, first you say Afridi should bat at 8 because he can't bat (and he has been batting at 8), and now you say 'well he's a fool because he's not focusing on batting'.

:manzoor?

if u r chasing 250.... one bowler is lethal and u think have to get rid of him u can score less runs against that bowler and not give him wicket ... so if this one bowler is malinga.... its strategy u have to make after all

that 5 runs per over.... if i can score 3.7 to 4 per over against him without giving wicket ... ( IF HE IS BOWLING WELL) we can charge on 2 comparatively weak bowlers and score 5.5 / over against 2 bowlers

Basic cricket...thats how u chase scores which is mediocre

Key *play as per plan and sensibly* :) No tuk tuk tuk tuk and rasie RRR and say * we are saving wickets*

Zameer Haider :facepalm: This guy made a blunder as TV-umpire against AB de Villiers last year.

GUL bowling close to 140s. Where are the guys who said he has lost pace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back