Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | 3rd ODI | Abu Dhabi | Oct 18, 2017 | Sri Lanka Innings

Sarfaraz needs to calm down honestly. It was all good to begin with but there should be more trust amongst the players now. Shouting and negative body language could potentially lead to a negative attitude in the future. Saying that i still believe he is the best man to lead the team and has the attributes to convert them into world beaters but a slight change in channeling that agression could be the difference

His body language is fine, whatever he yells is the plan theyve made earlier, this is his way to execute the plan which is very clublike but very effective. This is nothing imran used to swear and abuse on the field and dressing room. Our ppl need a danda to do their job.

Playing their batsmen into form is not ideal when you have them down keep them there.

SL's attacking our bowlers is a worry sign. Need another wicket.

I will correlate Sarfraz's behavior as captain and his captaincy as us winning matches because when we had captains with very gentle behavior, we were losing LOI games every single time we always out to and now we've lost only 1 of our last, what 10 games now? Certainly not a coincidence.

I'm fairly certain that's an indirect attack on Misbah. "Gentle" Misbah won ODI series in India and South Africa and the Asia Cup with an attack that consisted of Aizaz Cheema's, the Anwar Ali's and Bilawal Bhatti's. So let's not suddenly start saying that being gentle or angry is winning us matches. Sarfraz has done well so far in his captaincy tenure. I fully back him to be our permanent captain but being angry on your teammates at the slightest hint of pressure is not a good trait to have.

Bro ppl like u should dump watching this game and watch azhar ali lead pakistani team matches from last year. Just targeting the best captain u dont deserve with such stupid pointscoring. Never heard this kinda rubbish even for more vocal captains like afridi. Shameless biases

Point scoring??? Really? By saying what I did, what do you think I will achieve in my life? By bashing Sarfraz's behavior on the field, am I gaining a promotion at my job or getting a job at the PCB? Good leaders don't publicly shame their subordinates. That's just my viewpoint. I believe he will become a better captain if he learns to control his anger and trust his teammates to do as per the plan. Mistakes happen and I will respect my leader more if he realizes that it was only a mistake. Sarfraz's behavior makes it seem like the players are deliberately making an error. And next time you could put your point across in a nice manner too. It wouldn't cost you your life. Try it.

Relax boys it's a flat track. We wanted one we got it. I would like us to chase huge. Get some experience in chasing.

I'm fairly certain that's an indirect attack on Misbah. "Gentle" Misbah won ODI series in India and South Africa and the Asia Cup with an attack that consisted of Aizaz Cheema's, the Anwar Ali's and Bilawal Bhatti's. So let's not suddenly start saying that being gentle or angry is winning us matches. Sarfraz has done well so far in his captaincy tenure. I fully back him to be our permanent captain but being angry on your teammates at the slightest hint of pressure is not a good trait to have.

Point scoring??? Really? By saying what I did, what do you think I will achieve in my life? By bashing Sarfraz's behavior on the field, am I gaining a promotion at my job or getting a job at the PCB? Good leaders don't publicly shame their subordinates. That's just my viewpoint. I believe he will become a better captain if he learns to control his anger and trust his teammates to do as per the plan. Mistakes happen and I will respect my leader more if he realizes that it was only a mistake. Sarfraz's behavior makes it seem like the players are deliberately making an error. And next time you could put your point across in a nice manner too. It wouldn't cost you your life. Try it.

That was a direct attack on Azhar. If anything, I am Misbah's biggest supporter and fan on this forum. So I agree with everything you've said but I personally think Sarfraz's unorthodox captaincy is not bad.

It's not a phatta but a sporting wicket chasing over 260 270 will be tricky and a real test for the team.

That was a direct attack on Azhar. If anything, I am Misbah's biggest supporter and fan on this forum. So I agree with everything you've said but I personally think Sarfraz's unorthodox captaincy is not bad.

Azhar wasn't captaincy material. He wasn't sharp enough. Outlier. Should be disregarded. Wasim used to be angry but he used to show his anger through his eyes. Sarfraz takes it to another level. Being calm would actually make him a better leader. It would put clarity in his thoughts. Just my view.

Azhar wasn't captaincy material. He wasn't sharp enough. Outlier. Should be disregarded. Wasim used to be angry but he used to show his anger through his eyes. Sarfraz takes it to another level. Being calm would actually make him a better leader. It would put clarity in his thoughts. Just my view.

He'll learn bro.

For me, I don't care about his attitude if team wins. But yeah, Stoicism beats rage.

I made Tharanga captain and changed it to Malik. :facepalm:. Thought he wouldn't survive the heat after playing 100 overs just a couple of days back with only one day rest. Good fitness from Tharanga so far.

Azhar inherited a poor team and Pakistan were playing 90s style cricket which is intolerable in today’s modern game. Since Micky has taken over, Teams dynamics and mentality has changed.

Let's ignore how mediocre our team was under Misbah and celebrate what few wins we had our odi team regressed under misbah with his negative style of play and captaincy also keeping youngsters out and not thinking of future of pak cricket. Seriously I don't know why our fans are such blind ******* of one player at times the player is comes above the team for them. We need to stop fanboying over one player and think of pak as a team which is made up of 11 players each of who has the privilege to represent Pakistan.

Chandimal eating up lots of dot balls.. good to see :)

Let's ignore how mediocre our team was under Misbah and celebrate what few wins we had our odi team regressed under misbah with his negative style of play and captaincy also keeping youngsters out and not thinking of future of pak cricket. Seriously I don't know why our fans are such blind ******* of one player at times the player is comes above the team for them. We need to stop fanboying over one player and think of pak as a team which is made up of 11 players each of who has the privilege to represent Pakistan.

I hope you realize that nobody here is discussing who is the better captain between Misbah and Sarfraz.

I hope you realize that nobody here is discussing who is the better captain between Misbah and Sarfraz.

Because there is no comparison. Sarfaraz is head and shoulders above Misbah as captain.

Because there is no comparison. Sarfaraz is head and shoulders above Misbah as captain.

Let's leave that debate for another day and thread and when Sarfraz has captained a few more games. But so far the signs are good for Sarfraz.

Good to see run rates been pulled back after quick start by SL.

My brother wasn't you quick to defend Misbah just because someone said I rather have aggressive captain then a tame one.

I don't like being a fan boy of players they all represent my beloved team I jus want the best for the team
As you do to I guess. Yeah on topic sarfraz should tone down slightly but he knows what he's doing so...

Good to see run rates been pulled back after quick start by SL.

Lanka has just started going in a shell for no reason no intent or attacking shots typical Pakistani tuk tuk mode.

However we can't hide our weaknesses for ever so we have to start chasing big to be counted as one of top 4 odi teams soon.

My brother wasn't you quick to defend Misbah just because someone said I rather have aggressive captain then a tame one.

I don't like being a fan boy of players they all represent my beloved team I jus want the best for the team
As you do to I guess. Yeah on topic sarfraz should tone down slightly but he knows what he's doing so...

I wasn't defending Misbah. I was simply saying that I don't find there is a correlation between a captain's behavior and winning a cricket match. Misbah simply became a comparison point because he was the "gentle" captain.

Keeping wickets in hand Perera and Siriwadena are dangerous players and big hitters.

Just checked the scorecard and happy to see that the one who got the breakthrough is none other than Hasan Ali. That too in his first over. How many times has he done that? Must be some kind of a record!

If you apply yourself on this pitch, 250 is a par score. Pakistan just needs to ensure that they restrict Sri Lanka to 250 and thereabouts and keep their wickets intact when they bat till the 30th over. After that the dew will come in and make batting ridiculously easy.

Fahim bowling around 130-135 kph consistently... looks impossible with the type of action he has.

Sri Lanka's plan is pretty much clear. Keep wickets in hand and aim to slog in the final 10 overs.

Fahim is a much more attacking option than Imad

Our bowling attack just keeps getting better and better. IMO best would be:

Amir
Raees/Junaid
Hasan
Fahim
Shadab
Malik/Hafeez

Chandimal playing Azhar Ali innings. Thanks bro :srini

I'm only following scores online.... why is there huge variation in Fahim's pace from ball to ball. One ball he will be 140 next he will be 130... is his action not repeatable?

Last edited by a moderator:
BabaJee. His action appears to be same. I cannot see any visible change in action but he is bowling a good line and length.

Amazing line & length on display by Fahim.

Sarfraz's field settings just too good for Lankans

Yes agreed. Perhaps he needs to stop stressing out as much as he does on the field. There are other ways if showng your anger. Perhaps this is what has had an affect on his form as well.

We need to have them at 140/3. Cannot let them conserve wickets for long. Bring Hasan or Junaid from one end.

Fahim and Shadab are doing good containing job but we need wickets.

I'm only following scores online.... why is there huge variation in Fahim's pace from ball to ball. One ball he will be 140 next he will be 130... is his action not repeatable?

yes that looks to me the reason...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes agreed. Perhaps he needs to stop stressing out as much as he does on the field. There are other ways if showng your anger. Perhaps this is what has had an affect on his form as well.

Someone like an Inzi needs to sit down and have a talk with him. Fire is destructive and often most towards the person that wields it.

Faheem showing immaculate control of his line and length.

Adhi innings hogayi hai... abhi tak 100 cross nahi kiya. Nothing to worry lads.

Is there any truth behind claims of him not having a repeatable action and collapsing?

He has a repeatable action but yes he collapses a little. If he collapsed a lot, most of his deliveries would be sliding towards leg which has not been the case. Needs some polishing but lets keep him away from Aqib Javed.

Shadab Khan is best spinner in ODI cricket. Period.

Awful review. A large portion of the blame goes to Tharanga for reviewing this.

Chandimal is the anti-Babar... 150 odd in tests and other handy innings but struggling big time in ODIs :))

Surely as a batsman if you know you havent hit the ball and are hit right on front. Why would you Review, common sense should prevail...

Back