Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | 3rd ODI | Abu Dhabi | Oct 18, 2017 | Sri Lanka Innings

Need a Wicket?
Hasan Ali

Last edited by a moderator:
This is where Pakistan wins matches. Other teams use this period to knock it around and build partnerships and the bowling side conserves bowling resources for the death overs, while Pakistan goes on all out attack because we have the luxury of having the best bowling attack the world has seen in the last decade.

I think part of it is because other teams start trying to attack at this stage. When you have two set batsmen who suddenly get dismissed trying to start their attacking phase, you can suddenly have a run of wickets with top quality bowling, which Pakistan is doing here.

Junaid needs to regain his 140+ pace if he wants to get his old self. Hanging around the early 130s at the moment. I'm sure if he regains his pace he will be very very effective, just like his 2012 self.

this thirmanne guy scored a century against us in asia cup final under misbah captaicny when we had crap of the attack.

Junaid needs to regain his 140+ pace if he wants to get his old self. Hanging around the early 130s at the moment. I'm sure if he regains his pace he will be very very effective, just like his 2012 self.

yeah.
right now he's the weak link in the bowling attack, and with Amir coming back soon Junaid may be the odd man out

Key is don't let Lanka play all overs. These two are very capable of finishing the innings not out and SL at 250.

Need more wickets.

Being a leg spinner myself, Shadab's ability to bowl the googly at 90kph is incredible. Mine would be around the 78 kph mark. :p

5 overs left for Fahim and 4 for Raees. Juni has 3 and Hasan has 3 after this and the overs remaining are exactly 14.

The pacers can bowl the remaining.

Excellent planning :salute

But... but... he shouts too much. :)))

I think pak taking the foot of the pedal here. Need to keep attacking Hasan should've bowled another over or two.

I think it was the right move. Sarfaraz attacked from both ends at the two new batsman to eek out a wicket and that is what happened. Now I think he can replace Juni with Shadab while keeping Hasan on for a bit. We have Raees and Fahim to finish off the death overs.

Leg spinner in rhythm should bowl 10 overs at one go. Everything is clicking now because it's against a team that lost to ZIM at home with Mathews, Gunaratne, Perera & Dhananjaya in that.

Now, hey have brought Shadab just after few overs and 2 lefties are batting, which indicates it wasn't a thought out plan.

Leg spinner in rhythm should bowl 10 overs at one go. Everything is clicking now because it's against a team that lost to ZIM at home with Mathews, Gunaratne, Perera & Dhananjaya in that.

Now, hey have brought Shadab just after few overs and 2 lefties are batting, which indicates it wasn't a thought out plan.

It wasn't a thought out plan but resulted in three wickets

:salute :salute :salute

Since his return with a "revised" action, how many wickets did MoHa earned bowling first without a target pressure?

Perara is dangerous... he can take this score to 230-240

but but but why he bring back Hafeez :sree :sree :sree :sree

yaar hadd kartay ho anyone would have got that wicekt.pressure was allready lauched as i told u wicket nikalwa k rahay ga dost k liy....par khair ha friedship ma hamara faida howa..bachat.....

Hasan needs to get a 5'fer. He doesn't raise the bar, he is the bar.

Chandimal ruined this innings for Sri Lanka. They were easily on par for 250 but his innings just sucked all the momentum.

Pakistan will have to play as bad as they played in Last Game to lose this Game. Hassan Ali is fabulous to WATCH WHEN HE IS BOWLING LIKE THIS ON. DEAD TRACK. Imaging on Green top or Bouncy wickets.

Everything clicked in world tournument as well which wat CT 17.

About 10 overs in one go, Imran Tahir is also kept for key situations after bowling few.

I hate this concept of wide slip... put two freaking slips or just have a standard first slip

Hassan ali took 23 mtchs for 50 wickets but seeing the other names of fastest to fifty wickets doesnt seem like the most prestigious club. 😜

Hassan ali took 23 mtchs for 50 wickets but seeing the other names of fastest to fifty wickets doesnt seem like the most prestigious club. ��

Any club that has Vicki bhai in it is prestigious.

There were two slips for Kohli. Azhar at first and Bobby at second.

I'm talking about the ODI against NZ in India. He was dropped by Taylor when on 4. He later won the match. Cruel game is cricket.

Everything clicked in world tournument as well which wat CT 17.

About 10 overs in one go, Imran Tahir is also kept for key situations after bowling few.

In CT, it won't have clicked had Lanka not dropped couple of sitters - those things happens.

Tahir does bowl in 2 spells, but probably not those days when he is 7-0-26-2 and bowling beautifully. Apart from stats, another critical factor is Tahir's team doesn't have 3 pacers who are best exponents of old ball and more effective in later overs.

Anyway, Shadab was called back after 4/5 overs with 2 lefties on & one of them Perera ........... but this wasn't as dumb as keeping Shadab on when Pandeya was swinging around, I must say.

I still bet on pak batsmen to make it a tight chase. Despite Shehzad's absence.

In CT, it won't have clicked had Lanka not dropped couple of sitters - those things happens.

Tahir does bowl in 2 spells, but probably not those days when he is 7-0-26-2 and bowling beautifully. Apart from stats, another critical factor is Tahir's team doesn't have 3 pacers who are best exponents of old ball and more effective in later overs.

Anyway, Shadab was called back after 4/5 overs with 2 lefties on & one of them Perera ........... but this wasn't as dumb as keeping Shadab on when Pandeya was swinging around, I must say.

Yes Srilanka dropped two catches but that cant undermine the performance against ENG and India which arguably are top ODI sides and matches against them were completely one sided. Also SA with their heavy batting lineup struggled big time.

Yes I agree to some extent that Shadab could have bowled straight 10 overs but may be captain wanted to have his options open.

Back