PCB name U19 and Shaheens squads for the tours of Bangladesh and Zimbabwe

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
The Pakistan Cricket Board has appointed Saad Baig and Imran Butt as Pakistan U19 and Pakistan Shaheens captains for the upcoming tours of Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, respectively.

Karachi-born Saad had captained Pakistan U19 last year against Bangladesh U19 in Multan. In that series, Saad had scored 117 runs in the four-dayer, 30 runs in the one-day matches and 107 runs in the T20s. In the National U19 three-day Championship 2022-23, the left-hander had scored 200 runs, while in the National U19 one-day Cup 2022-23, he scored 299 runs in four matches.

Ali Asfand of Faisalabad had also featured against Bangladesh in the U19 series last year. He scored 45 runs and took two wickets with his left-arm spinner in the four-dayer, contributed 26 runs and took two wickets in the one-dayers and claimed three wickets in the only T20. In the National U19 three-day Championship 2022-23, Ali scored 73 runs and took 18 wickets, while in the National U19 one-day Cup 2022-23, he scored 77 runs and took 11 wickets.

Players born on or after 1 September 2004 were eligible for selection in the Bangladesh-bound squad.

Pakistan Shaheens for the tour of Zimbabwe comprise seven players who have represented Pakistan in international cricket. Imran Butt, who has been named as captain, has featured in six Tests, while the others are: Hussain Talat (one ODI, 18 T20Is), Aamir Jamal (tw0 T20Is), Kamran Ghulam (one ODI), Mir Hamza (three Tests), Sahibzada Farhan (three T20Is) and Shahnawaz Dahani (two ODIs and 11 T20Is).

For the first time, two players from Quetta have been selected in a national squad. They are Abdul Wahid Bangalzai and Haseebullah, while players who have graduated from the U19 pathways cricket and are in the side are Mehran Mumtaz, Mohammad Huraira, Mubasir Khan, Qasim Akram and Rohail Nazir.

Details of the training camps will be announced in due course.

Pakistan U19: Saad Baig (captain) (Karachi), Ali Asfand (vice-captain) (Faisalabad), Ahmed Hussain (Peshawar), Aimal Khan (Peshawar), Amir Hussain (Rawalpindi), Arafat Minhas (Multan), Azan Awais (Sialkot), Hamza Nawaz (Lahore), Mohammad Ibtisam (Sargodha), Mohammad Ismail (Sahiwal), Mohammad Tahir (Fata), Mohammad Tayyab Arif (Sialkot), Obaid Shahid (Lahore), Sajjad Ali (Lahore), Shahzaib Khan (Mansehra), Shamyl Hussain (Islamabad) and Wahaj Riaz (Karachi). Abidullah (Islamabad), Ikramullah Tareen (Quetta) and Muhammad Zulkifal (Charsadda) (all reserves)

Tour Schedule:

30 April- 3 May – Four-day match; ZACS, Chattogram
6 May – 1st 50-over match; ZACS, Chattogram
8 May – 2nd 50-over match; ZACS, Chattogram
11 May – 3rd 50-over match; SKS, Rajshahi
13 May – 4th 50-over match; SKS, Rajshahi
15 May – 5th 50-over match; SKS, Rajshahi
17 May – Only T20 match; SKS, Rajshahi

Pakistan Shaheens: Imran Butt (captain) (Lahore), Hussain Talat (vice-captain) (Lahore), Aamir Jamal (Islamabad), Abdul Wahid Bangalzai (Quetta), Haseebullah (Quetta), Kamran Ghulam (Peshawar), Mehran Mumtaz (Rawalpindi), Mir Hamza (Karachi), Mohammad Huraira (Sialkot), Mubasir Khan (Islamabad), Muhammad Umar (Karachi), Omair Bin Yousuf (Karachi), Qasim Akram (Lahore), Rohail Nazir (wicketkeeper) (Islamabad), Sahibzada Farhan (Peshawar) and Shahnawaz Dahani (Larkana). Asif Mehmood (Hyderabad), Athar Mehmood (Gujranwala), Saad Khan (Hyderabad) and Waqar Ahmad (Peshawar) (all reserves)

Tour schedule:

3-6 May – 1st Four-day match; KSC, Kwekwe
10- 13 May – 2nd Four-day match; MSC, Mutare
17 May – 1st 50-over match; TSC, Harare
19 May – 2nd 50-over match; HSC, Harare
21 May – 3rd 50-over match; HSC, Harare
23 May – 4th 50-over match; OH, Harare
25 May – 5th 50-over match; HSC, Harare
27 May – 6th 50-over match; HSC, Harare

Mindbogglingly bad Shaheens squad. Imran Butt and Hussain Talat have no place in the squad let alone being appointed captains.

I expected Tayyab Tahir to be selected but it looks like he isn't in the management plans unless they are planning on selecting him for the national team, which I don't think he is ready for. Akif Javed is another player that should've been selected.

Mindbogglingly bad Shaheens squad. Imran Butt and Hussain Talat have no place in the squad let alone being appointed captains.

I expected Tayyab Tahir to be selected but it looks like he isn't in the management plans unless they are planning on selecting him for the national team, which I don't think he is ready for. Akif Javed is another player that should've been selected.

Forgot to add that Zaman Khan should've been an obvious selection.

Zimbabwe and Bangladesh.. seriously..? PCB should look to tour Aus, Eng, SA with Pak A and u 19 team

Pakistan are playing a white-ball series against NZ through April and start of May. Perhaps some snubbed from these squads are in line for national duty

Genuinely wonder what’s happening with Mohammad Zeeshan, Basit Ali and Arham Nawab? Those boys were the standouts in the PJL and seemed to have a high upside.

Bro, [MENTION=9]Saj[/MENTION] are you aware of what’s happened with the lot of them? They’ve gone from being the most promising U19s to seemingly vanishing.

Aray bhai what's the point of Zimbabwe and Bangladesh. Better to go to South Africa.

The Zim tour is total waste of money and time. What will we learn if some guy scores runs or take wickets against Zim players that arent even FC level.

Imran Butt should only be playing the longer format for this tour.

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is set to appoint former cricketer, Aizaz Cheema, as the head coach of Pakistan Shaheens for their upcoming tour of Zimbabwe.

Previously, Abdul Rahman was given this responsibility, but due to the delayed arrival of the national team's foreign coaching staff, he has been assigned to supervise the training sessions at the national camp, beginning from April 7.

After the arrival of head coach Grant Bradburn, Rahman will assume the role of assistant coach in the aforementioned camp.

An announcement regarding the team manager for Pakistan Shaheens will be made soon.

Saboor Ahmed will serve as the trainer and Muhammad Asad as the physiotherapist of the Shaheens’ squad.

CricketPakistan

This is the team I would play no place for Talat.
Longer format
Imran Butt
Hurraira
Omair Bin Yousuf
Kamran Ghulam
Abdul Wahid
Haseebullah
Mubasir Khan
Aamir Jamal
Muhammad Umar
Mir Hamza
Mehran Mumtaz

Odis
Hurraira
Farhaan
Omair Bin Yousuf
Kamran Ghulam
Haseebullah
Qasim Akram
Hussain Talat
Mubasir Khan
Jamal
Mir Hamza
Muhammad Umar

Pakistan U19 players are briefed about the training camp that commences today at NCA ahead of their tour of Bangladesh.

FtLgIVWXgAIQcVu.jpgFtLgIVYWcAIa7UC.jpgFtLgIVTX0AE3RQu.jpg

Pakistan U19 players meet the national stars on the sidelines of the training camp at Gaddafi Stadium 20230408_211318.jpgIMG-20230408-WA0014.jpgIMG-20230408-WA0013.jpgIMG-20230408-WA0012.jpg

Former Test cricketer Aizaz Cheema, who has been appointed head coach of Pakistan Shaheens for Zimbabwe tour:

"I am really excited to work with this talented bunch of players. I have worked with them in domestic cricket and they all are a great talent,"
"It is a great opportunity for me as well as for these players. More importantly, Shaheens is a platform for youngsters especially to make it to the main team"

"Credit goes to PCB for organising the tour for Shaheens. It is good that we have backup players available. They just need an opportunity to play at international level. This tour will help them groom"

"Haseebullah is an exceptional talent. He needs exposure and he is the future of Pakistan. Rohail is back again, he is a good player and he has now got a chance to prove himself again. I look forward to coaching all these talented cricketers"

"Alhamdulillah, I am satisfied with my cricket career. I have no regrets or complaints. I am enjoying my time in coaching and looking forward to more challenges in my coaching life"

Pakistan U19 skipper Saad Baig seeking advice from Babar Azam

FtR7vUcXoAE9dpa

Lahore, 13 April 2023: Pakistan Shaheens’ Muhammad Umar has been ruled out of the upcoming Zimbabwe tour due to a knee injury and has been replaced by Test fast bowler Mohammad Ali.

Mohammad Ali has featured for Pakistan in two Tests, taking four wickets. He made his international debut against England in the first Test match at the Pindi Cricket Stadium in Rawalpindi held from 1 to 5 December last year.

Pakistan Shaheens are currently undergoing an 11-day training camp at the Hanif Muhammad High Performance Centre in Karachi to prepare for the Zimbabwe tour which will conclude on 18 April. Under Imran Butt’s leadership, Pakistan Shaheens will feature in two four-dayers and six one-day matches.

Pictures of training for the U19 squad

FtwspvkWAAEZTaC.jpgFtwspvsX0AUIoel.jpgFtwspvpXsAAPTzv.jpgFtwspviWYAAA4AO.jpg

Pakistan Shaheens and Pakistan U19 camps conclude

Pakistan U19 to tour Bangladesh for a one-off four-day, five 50-over matches and one T20 from 30 April to 17 May; Shaheens to visit Zimbabwe for two four-dayers and six one-day matches from 3 to 27 May

Lahore, 18 April 2023:

Pakistan U19 and Pakistan Shaheens camps for Bangladesh and Zimbabwe tours, respectively concluded today. Saad Baig-led Pakistan U19 underwent a training camp from 8 to 18 April at the National Cricket Academy in Lahore. Meanwhile, Imran Butt-captained Shaheens had gone through an 11-day camp at the Hanif Muhammad High Performance Centre in Karachi.

Over the course of the Pakistan U19 Camp, the 17-member squad and three reserve players featured in various training sessions which included two practice games and one target match – held at the LCCA Ground. Pakistan Shaheens’ 16-member squad and four reserves took part in different training drills and also played a couple of target matches at the Oval ground of the High-Performance Centre.

Pakistan U19 will depart for Bangladesh from Lahore in the wee hours of 26 April, where the side is scheduled to feature in a series of one four-day, five 50-over matches and one T20 match from 30 April to 17 May. Pakistan Shaheens will travel to Zimbabwe from Lahore on 30 April to play two four-dayers and six one-day matches from 3 to 27 May.

Pakistan U19 captain Saad Baig, while talking to PCB Digital said: “The preparations for the forthcoming Bangladesh tour have gone well in the camp and we are looking to secure a good result in the series.

“I will not be relying on one individual player, I am sure whosoever will get an opportunity will give his 100 per cent and will prove his talent and show why he deserves to play for Pakistan team.

“Our last series against Bangladesh at home did not pan out the way we wanted it to, we have worked to rectify our mistakes in the camp and have talked to the coaches about it. We will try to implement what we have learnt from here in the camp.”

Pakistan U19: Saad Baig (captain) (Karachi), Ali Asfand (vice-captain) (Faisalabad), Ahmed Hussain (Peshawar), Aimal Khan (Peshawar), Amir Hussain (Rawalpindi), Arafat Minhas (Multan), Azan Awais (Sialkot), Hamza Nawaz (Lahore), Mohammad Ibtisam (Sargodha), Mohammad Ismail (Sahiwal), Mohammad Tahir (Fata), Mohammad Tayyab Arif (Sialkot), Obaid Shahid (Lahore), Sajjad Ali (Lahore), Shahzaib Khan (Mansehra), Shamyl Hussain (Islamabad) and Wahaj Riaz (Karachi). Abidullah (Islamabad), Ikramullah Tareen (Quetta) and Muhammad Zulkifal (Charsadda) (all reserves)

Player Support Personnel – Tauseef Ahmed (manager), Sabih Azhar (coach), Umar Rashid (assistant coach), Hafiz Naeem Ul Rasool (physiotherapist), Yasir Malik (trainer) and Shan Ullah (team analyst)

Tour Schedule:

Pakistan Shaheens captain Imran Butt told PCB Digital: “We have prepared ourselves well for the Zimbabwe series. During the camp, the players had featured in different practice games to adjust themselves to both red-ball and white-ball cricket.

“I am fortunate enough to have enough resources given the depth of our squad, which boasts a good blend of young players and experienced campaigners. The management and I are hopeful that these players will perform well in the series, which will benefit Pakistan cricket in the near future.

“It is always a proud moment to represent your country and also presents a huge opportunity to perform and get a chance to obtain a call-up to the national side. For me, it is an opportunity to get back to the national team and this series provides that chance which I will try to grab with both hands.”

Pakistan Shaheens: Imran Butt (captain) (Lahore), Hussain Talat (vice-captain) (Lahore), Aamir Jamal (Islamabad), Abdul Wahid Bangalzai (Quetta), Haseebullah (Quetta), Kamran Ghulam (Peshawar), Mehran Mumtaz (Rawalpindi), Mir Hamza (Karachi), Mohammad Ali (Sialkot), Mohammad Huraira (Sialkot), Mubasir Khan (Islamabad), Omair Bin Yousuf (Karachi), Qasim Akram (Lahore), Rohail Nazir (wicketkeeper) (Islamabad), Sahibzada Farhan (Peshawar) and Shahnawaz Dahani (Larkana). Asif Mehmood (Hyderabad), Athar Mehmood (Gujranwala), Saad Khan (Hyderabad) and Waqar Ahmad (Peshawar) (all reserves)

Player Support Personnel – Aizaz Cheema (coach), Imran Abbas (manager), Saboor Ahmed (trainer), Muhammad Asad (physiotherapist) and Faisal Rai (team analyst).

Tour schedule:

Pakistan Shaheens captain Imran Butt told PCB Digital: “We have prepared ourselves well for the Zimbabwe series. During the camp, the players had featured in different practice games to adjust themselves to both red-ball and white-ball cricket.

“I am fortunate enough to have enough resources given the depth of our squad, which boasts a good blend of young players and experienced campaigners. The management and I are hopeful that these players will perform well in the series, which will benefit Pakistan cricket in the near future.

“It is always a proud moment to represent your country and also presents a huge opportunity to perform and get a chance to obtain a call-up to the national side. For me, it is an opportunity to get back to the national team and this series provides that chance which I will try to grab with both hands.”

Shamyl Husain really stands out as an U19 player.
Left handed opening batsmen, dripping with confidence.

Really well spoken & I recommend everyone to check out some of the shots he played in PJL.

If given the opportunity, he can be a serious player.

Shamyl Husain really stands out as an U19 player.
Left handed opening batsmen, dripping with confidence.

Really well spoken & I recommend everyone to check out some of the shots he played in PJL.

If given the opportunity, he can be a serious player.

Yeah he looks decent player can play both sides of the wicket however needs to gain more power.

Pakistan A team will tour Zimbabwe for a one-day series that will be key to the hosts’ preparations for the Cricket World Cup Qualifier also on home soil.

Zimbabwe will be out to fine-tune for the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2023 in six one-day matches against Pakistan A team in Harare.

The hosts are sure to have one eye on the Cricket World Cup Qualifier during the one-day matches, with two spots at the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 up for grabs at the later event.

The first one-day clash between Zimbabwe and Pakistan A team is scheduled to be played at Takashinga Cricket Club on May 17, with the remaining matches to be played at Harare Sports Club on 19, 21, 23, 25 and 27 May.

Zimbabwe will also host the Cricket World Cup Qualifier, with matches to be played across four venues in Harare and Bulawayo from June 18 to July 9.

The event will see 10 teams competing for the two remaining places at the Cricket World Cup in India later this year.

Nepal, Netherlands, Oman, Scotland, Sri Lanka, USA, UAE, West Indies, and one of Ireland or South Africa, will join Zimbabwe at the Cricket World Cup Qualifier.

Pakistan have already qualified for the Cricket World Cup, as well as Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, England, New Zealand and hosts India. Ireland need to sweep their three-match ODI series against Bangladesh in May to automatically qualify for the showpiece event ahead of South Africa.

The Pakistan team will start their tour of Zimbabwe with a pair of four-day games between each of their ‘A’ teams scheduled for 3-6 May in Kwekwe and 10-13 May in Mutare.

ICC

Pakistan U19 departs for Bangladesh

Lahore, 26 April 2023:

Saad Baig-led Pakistan U19 departed for Bangladesh in the wee hours of Wednesday to feature in a series consisting of a one-off four-dayer, five 50-over matches and a solitary T20. The series will be played from 30 April to 17 May in Chattogram and Rajshahi.

Karachi-born Saad Baig, also led Pakistan U19 against Bangladesh U19 last year when Bangladesh visited Pakistan for one four-day match, three one-dayers and two T20s in November in Multan.

The squad includes 17 players and three reserve players. Six players apart from the captain Saad and vice-captain Ali Asfand had featured in the previous series against Bangladesh U19. These include Arafat Minhas, Mohammad Ibtisam, Mohammad Ismail, Mohammad Tayyab Arif, Shahzaib Khan and Wahaj Riaz.

Head Coach Sabih Azhar said: “We have prepared well for this tour, and our boys are eager to showcase their talent on the field. We have been working on strengths and weaknesses of the players, and we are confident that the players will put up a good fight against the Bangladesh team at their own backyard.”

Captain Saad Baig also shared his thoughts ahead of the tour and said, “We are all very excited to represent our country. We have been training hard and are ready to take on the challenge. As a team, we are focused on playing our best cricket and competing well in every match. We have set ourselves some goals for the series, and are determined to achieve them.”

Player Support Personnel – Tauseef Ahmed (manager), Sabih Azhar (coach), Umar Rashid (assistant coach), Hafiz Naeem Ul Rasool (physiotherapist), Yasir Malik (trainer) and Shan Ullah (team analyst)

Tour Schedule:

-

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">All the best to our U19 team for their tour of Zimbabwe - good move PCB! We need to keep providing opportunities to our future stars especially in Australia, South Africa and England. <a href="https://t.co/OUgiULSScB">https://t.co/OUgiULSScB</a></p>— Shahid Afridi (@SAfridiOfficial) <a href="https://twitter.com/SAfridiOfficial/status/1651128383949148160?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 26, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pakistan Shaheens’ top-order batter Sahibzada Farhan has been ruled out of the upcoming Zimbabwe tour due to a right thumb injury. The 27-year-old Sahibzada had fractured his right thumb in a practice game during the 11-day training camp at the Hanif Muhammad High Performance Centre in Karachi.

He has been replaced by left-handed batter Saim Ayub for the six 50-over matches to be played from 17 to 27 May. Saim, along with Team Consultant Abdul Rehman, will arrive in Harare after the second four-day match, which will finish on 13 May.

The 20-year old Saim has featured for Pakistan in eight T20Is and was part of the Pakistan men’s team in the recently concluded five-match T20I series against New Zealand.

Meanwhile, Pakistan Shaheens will undergo a two-day camp in Lahore on 28 and 29 April, before their departure for Harare from Lahore on 30 April.

Under Imran Butt’s leadership, Pakistan Shaheens will feature in two four-dayers and six one-day matches.

Pakistan Shaheens: Imran Butt (captain) (Lahore), Hussain Talat (vice-captain) (Lahore), Aamir Jamal (Islamabad), Abdul Wahid Bangalzai (Quetta), Haseebullah (Quetta), Kamran Ghulam (Peshawar), Mehran Mumtaz (Rawalpindi), Mir Hamza (Karachi), Mohammad Ali (Sialkot), Mohammad Huraira (Sialkot), Mubasir Khan (Islamabad), Omair Bin Yousuf (Karachi), Qasim Akram (Lahore), Rohail Nazir (wicketkeeper) (Islamabad) and Shahnawaz Dahani (Larkana). Saim Ayub (Karachi, 50-over matches only). Asif Mehmood (Hyderabad), Athar Mehmood (Gujranwala), Saad Khan (Hyderabad) and Waqar Ahmad (Peshawar) (all reserves)

Player Support Personnel – Aizaz Cheema (coach), Imran Abbas (manager), Saboor Ahmed (trainer), Muhammad Asad (physiotherapist) and Faisal Rai (team analyst). Abdul Rehman (Team Consultant, for 50-over matches only)

Tour schedule:

Pictures of practice (courtesy of PCB) of the Pakistan U19 squad during their tour of Bangladesh

5a736f79-b344-40ee-b389-f0641d99300b.jpg2a7c3156-4a39-4012-b2e1-10e91dddd112.jpg

Saad Baig-led Pakistan U19 will be eager to make a winning start in the series when they take on Bangladesh U19 in the four-day match starting tomorrow at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chattogram.

Pakistan U19 team arrived in Dhaka on 26 April and have had two practice sessions at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium following an 11-day camp at the National Cricket Academy in Lahore.

The upcoming series between Pakistan U19 and Bangladesh U19 promises to be an exciting contest, as both teams will be looking to gain an edge over their opponents. Besides a four-dayer, both sides will feature in five 50-over matches and a solitary T20 from 6 to 17 May.

The series also provides an opportunity for Pakistan U19 to improve their performance from their previous series against Bangladesh U19 in November last year in Multan. Saad Baig’s side lost the three one-dayers 2-1 and leveled the two T20s 1-1. The only four-day match in the series was drawn.

The tourists will expect their captain Saad and right-handed middle-order batter Wahaj Riaz to carry their form in the upcoming series as the duo struck centuries in the second innings of the four-day match played between the two sides at Multan Cricket Stadium from 4 to 7 November.

Meanwhile, Bangladesh U19 under Sharear Sakib will be looking to build on their good run from the previous series, where they dominated the one-day format. The hosts will be eying to take full advantage of home conditions and clinch the series at home.

Saad Baig said: “We had a two-day preparation session in Chattogram, which allowed us to acclimatise to the conditions and get accustomed to the challenges of playing in Bangladesh. Additionally, we had an 11-day camp in Lahore, where we worked on our skills and strategies for the series.

“We have a talented group of players who have worked hard in the lead-up to the series. I expect each of them to step up and contribute to the team's success.”

Tour Schedule:

Trophy revealed for the four-day match between Pakistan U19 and Bangladesh U19.

Fu44nY3akAAjBGw

Pakistan U19 have won the toss and are bowling first

IMG-20230430-WA0002.jpgIMG-20230430-WA0001.jpgIMG-20230430-WA0004.jpgIMG-20230430-WA0003.jpg

Pictures (courtesy of the BCB) of the ongoing 4-Day game between Bangladesh U19 and Pakistan U19s

af3f6fe4-d11a-4ee4-86c2-f21bc1197f31.jpgc0a6f7b4-de88-493b-84a0-23babe82c53a.jpg640688c0-268c-417e-b98d-09340cadd133.jpg

Pakistan Shaheens departs for Zimbabwe

Lahore, 30 April 2023:

Imran Butt-led Pakistan Shaheens departed for Zimbabwe in the wee hours of Sunday to feature in a series consisting of two four-dayers and six 50-over matches. The series will be played from 3 to 27 May in Harare, Kwekwe and Mutare.

Pakistan Shaheens had gone through an 11-day camp at the Hanif Muhammad High Performance Centre in Karachi and later took part in an additional two-day camp at the National Cricket Academy in Lahore on 28 and 29 April prior to their departure to Zimbabwe.

The squad includes 16 players and four reserve players. Six players apart from the captain and Test cricketer Imran Butt have already represented Pakistan in international cricket. These include Hussain Talat (1 ODI, 18 T20Is), Kamran Ghulam (1 ODI), Mir Hamza (3 Tests), Mohammad Ali (2 Tests), Shahnawaz Dahani (2 ODIs, 11 T20Is) and Saim Ayub (8 T20Is).

Captain Imran Butt said: “We have had a rigorous training camp for the Pakistan Shaheens team ahead of our tour to Zimbabwe. The players have put in a lot of hard work and effort to prepare for this important series.
“The side consists of experienced and young players. We have some very talented individuals in the side who are eager to showcase their skills on the international stage.

“The team is in good spirits and looking forward to the challenge of playing in Zimbabwe. We are confident that we have the right mix of players to put up a strong performance.”

Pakistan Shaheens: Imran Butt (captain) (Lahore), Hussain Talat (vice-captain) (Lahore), Aamir Jamal (Islamabad), Abdul Wahid Bangalzai (Quetta), Haseebullah (Quetta), Kamran Ghulam (Peshawar), Mehran Mumtaz (Rawalpindi), Mir Hamza (Karachi), Mohammad Ali (Sialkot), Mohammad Huraira (Sialkot), Mubasir Khan (Islamabad), Omair Bin Yousuf (Karachi), Qasim Akram (Lahore), Rohail Nazir (wicketkeeper) (Islamabad) and Shahnawaz Dahani (Larkana). Saim Ayub (Karachi, 50-over matches only). Asif Mehmood (Hyderabad), Athar Mehmood (Gujranwala), Saad Khan (Hyderabad) and Waqar Ahmad (Peshawar) (all reserves)

Player Support Personnel – Aizaz Cheema (coach), Imran Abbas (manager), Saboor Ahmed (trainer), Muhammad Asad (physiotherapist) and Faisal Rai (team analyst). Abdul Rehman (Team Consultant, for 50-over matches only)

Tour schedule:

Chattogram, 30 April 2023: Pakistan U19 fast bowlers Amir Hussain and Mohammad Ismail shared seven wickets between them as the tourists bundled out Bangladesh U19 for 149 in 59 overs. In return, Pakistan U19 were 76 for no loss in 26 overs when stumps were drawn on day one at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chattogram on Sunday.

After being put into bat by Saad Baig, the bowlers made sure they extract the best from the pitch which offered assistance to fast bowlers in the morning session. The home side top-order batters had no clue to face fast bowling from Amir and Ismail as their five batters were back to the pavillion inside 10 overs with 21 runs on the board.

That Bangladesh U19 were able to recover and score 149 were due to an 81-run partnership for the sixth wicket between captain Sharear Sakib and Sheikh Parvaiz Jibon. Parvaiz top-scored for his side with a 111-ball 56, hitting eight fours. Sharear scored 48 off 98, which included six fours.

For Pakistan U19, Amir bagged four wickets for 29 from 16 overs, while Ismail took three for 41 from 13 overs. Vice-captain Ali Asfand grabbed two for 37 from 14 overs.

In reply, the opening pair of Azan Awais and Shahzaib Khan provided a solid start to the innings and returned undefeated on 36 and 39 runs, respectively. Left-handed Azan innings included six fours, while Shahzaib struck eight fours off 72 balls faced.

With Pakistan U19 trail by only 73 runs and 10 wickets in hand, the batters will aim to come tomorrow on the second day to score runs and take first innings lead.

Scores in brief:

Bangladesh U19 149 all out, 59 overs (Sheikh Parvaiz Jibon 56, Sharear Sakib 48; Amir Hussain 4-29, Mohammad Ismail 3-41, Ali Asfand 2-37)

Pakistan U19 76-0, 26 overs (Shahzaib Khan 39 not out, Azan Awais 36 not out)

g9e3XTz.png

Shahzaib Khan the century maker - currently 108*

d6da2d7b-d46d-4fc2-9740-63df82461be8.jpg

afddd34d-59ed-416a-be84-7166a4cdd265.jpg

ad006905-9541-4476-a17b-4031c450d876.jpg

Last edited:
Shahzaib Khan (132*) takes Pakistan U19s to Tea in the 4-Day game against Bangladesh U19s

BANGLADESH U19 - 149
PAKISTAN U19 - 269/4

Pakistan U19 lead by 120 runs

Wonderful captain's knock by Shahzaib - out for 174

JrxMlXN.png

Did they changed captain in the middle of the match or what? I thought saad Baig was captain and now the scorecard saying shahzaib khan ? Or is it for different formats?

Shahzaib Khan’s century gave Pakistan a valuable 215-run first innings lead over Bangladesh U19 with three wickets in hand at the close of day two of the solitary four-day match at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chattogram on Monday.

Resuming their first innings at the overnight score of 76 for no loss with Shahzaib (39 not out) and Azan Awais (36 not out), the opening pair added 18 runs to the total before Azan was dismissed for 40 off 104 balls, hitting seven fours.

Shahzaib was joined by another left-hander in Shamyl Hussain and the duo added 78 runs for the second wicket. Shamyl was next to return back to the hut, scoring a 58-ball 38, striking five fours and two sixes. At that moment of the match, Bangladesh bowlers struck back and sent both captain Saad Baig (2, 14b) and Wahaj Riaz (17, 24b, 4x4s) to the pavilion with Pakistan U19 at 207 for four in 65.4 overs.

Shahzaib and Obaid Shahid then added 131 runs for the fifth wicket. During the partnership, left-handed Shahzaib completed his century in the 67th over, which came off 200 balls and included 18 fours and one six. He was finally dismissed for 174 off 323 deliveries, smashing 25 fours and four sixes.

At the close of play, Pakistan were 364 for seven in 116 overs, with right-handed Obaid returning undefeated on 62 off 140 balls, hitting seven fours and Ali Asfand on three off 14 balls.

For Bangladesh U19, Wasi Siddiquee took four wickets for 64, while Iqbal Hussain bagged two for 68.

Scores in brief:

Bangladesh U19 149 all out, 59 overs (Sheikh Parvaiz Jibon 56, Sharear Sakib 48; Amir Hassan 4-29, Mohammad Ismail 3-41, Ali Asfand 2-37)

Pakistan U19 364-7, 116 overs (Shahzaib Khan 174, Obaid Shahid 62, Azan Awais 40, Shamyl Hussain 38; Wasi Siddiquee 4-64, Iqbal Hussain Emon 2-68)

Zimbabwe are planning to field full strength team for the One Dayers as this will be their final preprations for the World Cup Qualifiers. It will be a good test for the Shaheens.

Also good on the PCB to send a team to Zimbabwe to help them prepare... Pretty much a win-win situation for both teams.

Pakistan Shaheens all set for Zimbabwe challenge

Kwekwe, 2 May 2023:

Imran Butt-led Pakistan Shaheens will be eying for a winning start when they take on Zimbabwe A in the four-day match starting tomorrow at the Kwekwe Sports Club in Kwekwe.

The first four-dayer will be followed by another four-dayer and six 50-over matches that will be played from 10 to 27 May in Harare and Mutare.

Pakistan Shaheens arrived in Harare on 30 April and had one-day training session at the Kwekwe Sports Club following an 11-day camp at the Hanif Muhammad High Performance Centre in Karachi and then an additional two-day camp at the National Cricket Academy in Lahore before the team’s departure to Zimbabwe.

The squad includes 16 players and four reserve players. Six players apart from the captain and Test cricketer Imran Butt have already represented Pakistan in international cricket. These include Hussain Talat (1 ODI, 18 T20Is), Kamran Ghulam (1 ODI), Mir Hamza (3 Tests), Mohammad Ali (2 Tests), Shahnawaz Dahani (2 ODIs, 11 T20Is) and Saim Ayub (8 T20Is).

Pakistan Shaheens’ last bilateral series was against Sri Lanka in Oct/Nov 2021. That series consisted of two four-dayers and three 50-over matches with Shaheens winning the rain-affected three-match series 1-0 and playing out a drawn four-day series. In the first four-day match in Pallekele, Kamran Ghulam and Omair Bin Yousaf – both part of the forthcoming series, scored half-centuries against Sri Lanka A.

Imran Butt said: “Our preparations have been going well, we have been working on adapting to the conditions here. The players are determined to play their best cricket and make the most of this opportunity.

“The series against Zimbabwe A is a chance for us to test our skills against a quality opposition at their own backyard. We are eager to learn from this experience and improve as a team.

“Our players understand the importance of this series and what it could mean for their future prospects. They are all motivated to perform well and make a strong case for themselves.”

Tour schedule:

Pakistan U19 in strong position as Bangladesh U19 trail by 105 runs

Chattogram, 2 May 2023:

Bangladesh U19 still trail by 105 runs with seven wickets in hand at the close of third day’s play of the solitary four-day match against Pakistan U19 at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chattogram on Tuesday.

Beginning their second innings at the deficit of 271 runs, Bangladesh lost their opening batter Majaharul Islam for nought with only two runs on the board. Ashiqur Rehman Shibli and Adil Bin Siddik got together and added 69 runs for the second wicket before Adil fell to Wahaj Riaz for 26 off 105 deliveries, which included five fours. Ashiqur was next to return to the hut, scoring 79 off 201 balls, hitting 11 fours and two sixes.

At stumps, Bangladesh U19 were 166 for three in 70 overs. Captain Sharear Sakib and Akanto Sheikh returned undefeated on 47 and five runs, respectively.

Earlier, resuming their first innings at the overnight score of 364 for seven, Pakistan U19 were bowled out for 420 in 128.1 overs. Right-handed batter Obaid Shahid scored 67 off 144, smashing eight boundaries. Ali Asfand scored 40 off 79 deliveries, which included eight fours.

For Bangladesh U19, Wasi Siddiquee was the most successful bowler, taking five wickets for 86 runs from 25.1 overs. Iqbal Hussain Emon grabbed four wickets for 81 runs in 28 overs.

Scores in brief:

Bangladesh U19 149 all out, 59 overs (Sheikh Parvaiz Jibon 56, Sharear Sakib 48; Amir Hassan 4-29, Mohammad Ismail 3-41, Ali Asfand 2-37) and 166-3, 70 overs (Ashiqur Rehman Shibli 79 not out, Sharear Sakib 47 not out)

Pakistan U19 420 all out, 128.1 overs (Shahzaib Khan 174, Obaid Shahid 67, Ali Asfand 40, Azan Awais 40, Shamyl Hussain 38; Wasi Siddiquee 5-86, Iqbal Hussain Emon 4-81)

a1beb52e-f128-4435-b7b2-02879c01c4d1.jpg8d437c20-c9bc-4827-8f50-65733132386a.jpg52d9666b-289f-4a5b-a9c6-abe4540db630.jpgc67ea59b-8beb-4dd1-9e4c-bd13a9e0cb84.jpg

A wet outfield has delayed the toss at Kwekwe Sports Club in the first four-day match between Zimbabwe 'A' and Pakistan Shaheens.

FvMLXngXwAE5DFw.jpg

Zimbabwe A have won the toss and are fielding first against Pakistan Shaheens

trCMuNx.png

kDwH1eM.png

YmPYU5q.png

Last edited:
Spinners dominate in Pakistan U19 10-wicket win

Chattogram, 3 May 2023:

Spinners Ali Asfand and Arafat Minhas shared seven wickets between them as Pakistan U19 beat Bangladesh U19 by 10 wickets on the final day of the solitary four-day match at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chattogram on Wednesday.

Chasing a modest 22-run target to win, opening batters Shahzaib Khan (19 not out) and Azan Awais (4 not out) achieved the target in the seventh over.

Earlier, resuming their second innings at the overnight score of 166 for three in 70 overs, Bangladesh U19 lost night-watchman Akanto Sheikh (10, 34b) in the 81st over with Mohammad Ismail uprooting the stumps. Captain Sharear Sakib who returned undefeated on 47 the previous day, was joined by Zakaria Islam and the pair added 60 runs for the sixth wicket before Zakaria (23, 51b, 3x4s) was clean bowled by left-arm spinner Ali Asfand in the 99th over.

Just before rain arrived, the Bangladesh skipper completed his hundred. After the rain interval, well-settled Sharear was adjudged leg-before wicket to Ali for 106 runs off 235 deliveries, hitting 14 boundaries.

After the departure of Sharear with Bangladesh still trailing by nine runs and four wickets in hand, the Pakistan spinners Ali and Arafat Minhas never allowed Bangladesh to score freely and the hosts were dismissed for 292 in the 126th over with a lead of 21.

Left-arm spinner Arafat bagged the last two wickets to fall and ended up with figures of three for 49. Ali took four wickets for 66 runs and ended up with match figures of six for 103 runs.

First-innings centurion Shahzaib Khan was named player of the match for his knock of 174 off 323 deliveries.

Both sides will now compete in the white-ball series, which consists of five one-day matches and one T20. The one-day series will begin from 6 May.

Scores in brief:

Pakistan U19 beat Bangladesh U19 by 10 wickets

Bangladesh U19 149 all out, 59 overs (Sheikh Parvaiz Jibon 56, Sharear Sakib 48; Amir Hassan 4-29, Mohammad Ismail 3-41, Ali Asfand 2-37) and 292 all out, 125.1 overs (Sharear Sakib 106, Ashikur Rahman Shibli 79; Ali Asfand 4-66, Arafat Minhas 3-49, Mohammad Ismail 2-67)

Pakistan U19 420 all out, 128.1 overs (Shahzaib Khan 174, Obaid Shahid 67, Ali Asfand 40, Azan Awais 40, Shamyl Hussain 38; Wasi Siddiquee 5-86, Iqbal Hussain Emon 4-81) and 23-0, 6.3 overs (Shahzaib Khan 19 not out, Azan Awais 4 not out)

Player of the match – Shahzaib Khan (Pakistan U19)

0ddc2b4c-3a67-459c-875a-a03284365026.jpg42221162-0d4e-4ac5-9d3e-4dd5c62d36db.jpg

Last edited:
1st Four-day match - Zimbabwe A v Pakistan Shaheens

Tea (day 1) at Kwekwe Sports Club, Kwekwe

Pakistan Shaheens: 152-1 (32 ov)

Huraira and Omair hit centuries on opening day

Kwekwe, 3 May 2023:

Centuries from Mohammad Huraira and Omair Bin Yousuf led Pakistan Shaheens to 352 for two in 73 overs against Zimbabwe A at the close of first day’s play of the first four-day match at the Kwekwe Sports Club in Kwekwe.

After toss was delayed for over an hour due to wet outfield, Pakistan Shaheens were put into bat by the opposing team captain Roy Kaia. In the second over, the home side got the prize scalp of Shaheens captain Imran Butt (3, 7b), who was caught in the slips off Faraz Akram with three runs on the board.

Right-handed batter Huraira was joined by Omair Bin Yousuf and the pair never allowed Zimbabwe A bowlers to settle down. The duo sent the bowlers on a leather hunt with Kaia forced to try eight bowlers including himself in an attempt to break the partnership. Huraira and Omair not only brought their centuries, but also kept the run-rate over five.

The pair knitted a 339-run partnership that lasted 64.2 overs for the second wicket as Huraira got out just seven overs before stumps. He scored 178 off 188 deliveries smashing 14 fours and six sixes.

At stumps, Omair returned undefeated on 161 off 232 balls, hitting 16 fours and one six.

Scores in brief:

Pakistan Shaheens 352-2, 73 overs (Mohammad Huraira 178, Omair Bin Yousuf 161 not out)

Zimbabwe A side getting schooled by the Shaheens. Embarassing stuff from the zimbos.

This U19 batch looks so promising, lots of pacers who bowls in the mid to late 130s which they can develop more till the world cup, beating BD in BD in those spinners pitch is no mean feat either , a definitely much better batch then last two batches.

Seems like the deck is either too flat or Zim's bowling is extremely weak. Hurraira has been doing well for over 2 years now in FC.

4 down at close i believe

Stumps (day 2) at Kwekwe Sports Club, Kwekwe

Pakistan Shaheens: 521-3d
Zimbabwe A: 112-4 (41 ov)

Omair Bin Yousuf returned unbeaten on 250 as Pakistan Shaheens declared their first innings on 521 for three in 115.3 overs against Zimbabwe A on the second day of the first four-day match at the Kwekwe Sports Club in Kwekwe on Thursday.

At stumps, Zimbabwe A were 112 for four in 41 overs with captain Roy Kaia returning unbeaten on 12. Dion Myers, coming to bat at number three was the notable run-getter for his side, scoring 56 off 92 deliveries, which included eight fours and one six. He and opening batter Tanunurwa Makoni (21, 59b, 2x4s) knitted 64 runs for the second wicket. Both batters fell to left-arm spinner Mehran Mumtaz, who completed the day with figures of two for 32 in 11 overs.

Both Joylord Gumble (1,11b) and Wessly Madhevere (15, 26b, 2x4s) were run-out.

Earlier, resuming their first innings at the overnight score of 352 for two, with Omair Bin Yousuf on 161 and Kamran Ghulam on five, Pakistan Shaheens lost right-handed Kamran (26, 70b, 4x4s) in the 88th over with 388 runs on the board.

After the departure of Kamran, vice-captain Hussain Talat joined Omair and the pair stitched an unbroken 133 runs for the fourth wicket. Over the course of the partnership, the 24-year-old Omair brought up his maiden first-class double-century. His previous best first-class score of 174 was made playing for Sindh against Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in September 2019 at the UBL Sports Complex in Karachi.

When Imran Butt called the declaration in the 116th over of the innings, Omair was unbeaten on 250 off 342 balls, smashing 27 fours and one six. Talat returned undefeated on 51 off 90 deliveries, hitting six fours and a six.

Scores in brief:

Pakistan Shaheens 521-3 d, 115.3 overs (Omair Bin Yousuf 250 all out, Mohammad Huraira 178, Hussain Talat 51 not out)

Zimbabwe A 112-4, 41 overs (Dion Myers 56; Mehran Mumtaz 2-32)

Sameen Gul and Arshad Iqbal should have been in the Shaheen’s squad.Mir Hamza and Mohammad Ali are unlikely to play for Pakistan.Sameen and Arshad have potential to be test level bowlers esp in SENA.

Saad Baig-led Pakistan U19 will be aiming to continue the winning run when they take on Bangladesh U19 in the five-match one-day series starting tomorrow.

ac86f54a-391e-432c-bc2e-541079aa970c.jpgc4b5ee0c-f4fc-431f-a862-33fe9353efeb.jpg

Pakistan U19 won the solitary four-day match against Bangladesh U19 by 10 wickets at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium from 30 April to 3 May. The star performers for the visiting team were Shahzaib Khan and Ali Asfand. Player of the match Shahzaib Khan scored 174 and 19 not out, while left-arm spinner and vice-captain Ali bagged six wickets in the match.

The first and second one-day match will be played on 6 and 8 May at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chattogram, while the remaining three one-day matches will be held at the Shahid Kamruzzaman Stadium in Rajshahi on 11, 13 and 15 May. The only T20 match of the series will also be played at the same venue on 17 May.

Head Coach Sabih Azhar said: “We are very pleased with the team's performance in the four-day match and we are looking forward to carrying that momentum into the one-day series. We know that Bangladesh will come out strong and we have to be at our best to compete against them.

“We have a talented group of players who are eager to showcase their skills and are confident that they will perform to the best of their abilities. We are excited about the challenge that lies ahead and are looking forward to the one-day series starting tomorrow.”

Tour Schedule:

30 April- 3 May – Four-day match; ZACS, Chattogram (Pakistan won by 10 wickets)

Last edited:
It's amazing that the Bangladesh cricket youtube channel is showing these mathes in entirety on the their YT channel. And with decent quality as well. [MENTION=93712]MenInG[/MENTION]

Lunch (day 3) at Kwekwe Sports Club, Kwekwe

Zimbabwe A: 201-6 (68 ov)

Pictures courtesy of Zimbabwe Cricket

4c9cd896-a9c0-4548-902e-3b33de1cdb37.jpg7480d525-6795-430d-8f37-19ae4ebc61e8.jpg89e34ffe-5458-444e-bf71-843f8c61dbd2.jpg

Stumps (day 3) at Kwekwe Sports Club, Kwekwe

Zimbabwe A: 225 & 157-1 (f/o)

Zimbabwe A trail by 139 runs.

Stumps (day 3) at Kwekwe Sports Club, Kwekwe

Zimbabwe A: 225 & 157-1 (f/o)

Zimbabwe A trail by 139 runs.

Zimbabwe A forced to follow-on after Mehran Mumtaz hat-trick

Kwekwe, 5 May 2023:

Mehran Mumtaz’s five-wicket haul including a hat-trick led Pakistan Shaheens to enforce the follow-on against Zimbabwe ‘A’ on the third day of the first four-day match at Kwekwe Sports Club in Kwekwe on Friday.

Left-arm spinner Mehran, who bagged two wickets on the second day, took three wickets on successive deliveries in the 77th over. He sent Milton Shumba (23, 50b, 3x4s) to the pavilion on the first ball of the 77th over and then dismissed Victor Nyauchi and Tanaka Chivanga on the next two balls to complete his hat-trick in first-class cricket.

At stumps, the hosts were 157 for one in 42 overs, still trailing by 139 runs with nine wickets in hand. Joylord Gumbie (74 not out, 121b, 9x4s) and half-centurion from hosts first innings Dion Myers (17 not out,23b, 2x4s, 1x6) knitted an unbroken 32-run partnership for the second wicket. Openers Gumbie and Tanunurwa Makoni (57, 109b, 8x4s) added 125 for the first wicket.

Earlier, resuming their first innings at the overnight score of 112 for four in 41 overs, Zimbabwe A lost their remaining six wickets for 113 runs in 35.3 overs and were bundled out for 225 in reply to Pakistan Shaheens’ imposing 521 for three declare. After Myers (56, 92b, 8x4s, 1x6), captain Roy Kaia was the other notable run-getter with a 117-ball 47, which included seven boundaries.

For Pakistan Shaheens, Mehran took five wickets for 47 runs from 17.3 overs. He was supported by fast bowler Mohammad Ali, who took two wickets for 56 from 16 overs.

Scores in brief:

Pakistan Shaheens 521-3 d, 115.3 overs (Omair Bin Yousuf 250 not out, Mohammad Huraira 178, Hussain Talat 51 not out)

Zimbabwe A 225 all out, 76.3 overs (Dion Myers 56, Roy Kaia 47; Mehran Mumtaz 5-47, Mohammad Ali 2-56) and 157-1 f/o, 42 overs (Joylord Gumbie 74 not out, Tanunurwa Makoni 57)

Pakistan U19 have won the toss and are fielding first against BD U19 in 1st One Day

1ee200bd-b524-4aea-958f-36eb0cdf8f5d.jpga8f0244f-c40d-4610-b3aa-e49aad93bffd.jpg3ed9e60f-9c8c-450c-bd2f-2f1325c1c75b.jpg

1st One-Day - Bangladesh U19 v Pakistan U19 at Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chattogram

Bangladesh set Pakistan a target of 166 runs.

Bangladesh: 165-9 (50 ov)

Good fightback by Zimbabwe A

Day 4 - LUNCH! Well deserved 100* from Joylord Gumbie

Zimbabwe 'A' (f/o) 225 & 223/3 after 67 overs (Gumbie 112*, Madhevere 20*), trail Pakistan Shaheens by 73 runs

Amir Hassan’s five-wicket haul leads Pakistan U19 to nine-wicket win

Chattogram, 6 May 2023:

A five-wicket haul from Amir Hassan and half-centuries by Shahzaib Khan and Azan Awais led Pakistan U19 to a nine-wicket win over Bangladesh U19 in the first one-day at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chattogram on Saturday.

The second one-day of the five-match series will be played at the same venue on 8 May.

Chasing a modest 166-run target, Pakistan U19 got off to a great start with the opening pair of Shahzaib Khan and Azan Awais providing a solid 148-run stand for the first wicket. Left-handed Shahzaib, who was named player of the match in the solitary four-day match held last week, got out after making 83 off 116 deliveries. His innings included seven fours and three sixes. Left-handed Azan returned undefeated on 69 off 99 balls, hitting six fours and a six as the touring side achieved the target in the 38th over.

Earlier, after being put into bat by Pakistan U19 captain Saad Baig, the hosts’ batters had no reply to a great spell of fast bowling from Rawalpindi-born Amir Hassan. Amir, who picked up four wickets in the first innings of Bangladesh U19 in the four-day match, bagged five wickets today. He ended with match figures of 10-2-24-5 as Bangladesh U19 scored 165 for nine in their 50 overs.

For Bangladesh U19, Mahfuzur Rahman Rabby was the notable run-getter with 70 not out off 100 balls, which included eight fours and two sixes.

Scores in brief:

Pakistan U19 beat Bangladesh U19 by nine wickets

Bangladesh U19 165-9, 50 overs (Mahfuzur Rahman Rabby 70 not out; Amir Hassan 5-24)

Pakistan U19 166-1, 37.2 overs (Shahzaib Khan 83, Azan Awais 69 not out)

Player of the match – Amir Hassan (Pakistan U19)

Man of the Match Amir Hassan in today's one-day match which saw Pakistan U19s beat Bangladesh U19s by 9 wickets.

IMG-20230506-WA0031.jpg

Mehran Mumtaz’s 11-157 leads Shaheens to eight-wicket win

Kwekwe, 6 May 2023:

Mehran Mumtaz’s match figures of 11 for 157 helped Pakistan Shaheens beat Zimbabwe A by eight wickets on the final day of the first four-day match at Kwekwe Sports Club in Kwekwe.

The second four-day match between the two sides will be played at the Mutare Sports Club in Mutare from 10 May.

Resuming their second innings at the overnight score of 157 for one in 42 overs and trailing by 139 runs, Zimbabwe A lost Dion Myers without adding a run to his overnight score. He was dismissed for 17 off 26 balls by Mir Hamza. Next to return back to the hut was captain Roy Kaia (7, 26b,1x4), who too fell to left-arm pacer Hamza.

After the departure of the hosts’ captain, Joylord Gumbie went on to score his fourth first-class century. He was dismissed by Mehran Mumtaz for 115 off 202 deliveries, which included 15 boundaries. Once Gumbie left, Mehran was all over the Zimbabwe A batters as the hosts were 241 for seven in 78.2 overs and still trailing by 55 runs.

Brandon Mavuta and Faraz Akram then knitted a crucial 75-run partnership for the eighth wicket. Later, after the departure of Faraz (48, 50b, 7x4s, 1x6), Mavuta soon followed him after a well-made 41 off 48 balls, hitting seven fours and a six.

Tanaka Chivanga was joined by Victor Nyauchi and the pair stitched a 66-run partnership for the last wicket before Chivanga (58, 47b, 8x4s, 2x6s) got out to Mehran.

Similar to his dominance in the first innings, Mehran was the most successful bowler for the tourists in the second innings as well. The left-arm spinner bagged six wickets for 110 runs from 33.4 overs and ended with match figures of 11 for 157 runs.

With a 106-run target to win, Imran Butt and double-centurion from the first innings Omair Bin Yousuf opened the innings, scoring at over six runs an over and added 65 runs for the first wicket in 9.4 overs. After the departure of Omair (33, 31b, 2x4s), Kamran Ghulam (2, 6b) soon left with Shaheens 86 for two in 12.4 overs.

Vice-captain Hussain Talat, who returned unbeaten on 51 in the first innings, joined captain Imran and the pair took Shaheens home in the 19th over. Imran scored an unbeaten 62 off 54 deliveries, smashing five fours and a six. Hussain struck a six in his unbeaten 11-run innings.

Scores in brief:

Pakistan Shaheens beat Zimbabwe A by eight wickets

Pakistan Shaheens 521-3 d, 115.3 overs (Omair Bin Yousuf 250 not out, Mohammad Huraira 178, Hussain Talat 51 not out) and 111-2, 18.2 overs (Imran Butt 62 not out, Omair Bin Yousuf 33)

Zimbabwe A 225 all out, 76.3 overs (Dion Myers 56, Roy Kaia 47; Mehran Mumtaz 5-47, Mohammad Ali 2-56) and 401 all out, 104.4 overs (Joylord Gumbie 115, Tanaka Chivanga 58, Tanunurwa Makoni 57, Faraz Akram 48, Brandon Mavuta 41; Mehran Mumtaz 6-110, Mir Hamza 2-64, Mohammad Ali 2-98)

Bangladesh U19 have won the toss and are fielding first in the 2nd OD against Pakistan U19s

CerbMeG.png

xSGoapN.png

I8l1SBI.png

Back