Peer Sahib Culture!

Well there are some people who are closer to the Allah and those ppl usually don't expose themselves.

lets look at khidr he is mentioned in Quran and he was a teacher for prophet Mousa
a common person cant be a teacher to a prophet!!!

for more info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khidr

I do belive in Pir but some people take this to extreme!!!!
Some of my close friends were and are in Naqshbandia/Qadariya/ and Chishtiya and i do have some information about Sufism and it is not a bad thing to have a pir or being a mureed but there should be a boundary line.
Sometimes i don't approve some actions that they are doing but you have to be in that circle to understand everything.
Basic idea of Sufism is to love the Almighty Allah!!!
And when you have love in your heart for Almighty Allah your a harmless person =)
It is sad that people are abusing Sufism and Islam
If we live by Islamic law in our societies there will be no crimes and other bad behaviors !!!

Bump . Many people I know have peers . IMO most of them are just fakes but I have been in the presence of a few who I don't know how to explain it but there is just something about them . Anyone from Multan here ? I have a question on a particular peer / sheikh .

Lol peers. Are there any in other parts of the world or is this phenomenon restricted to the jahils of South Asia? .

These peers are nothing and fake.They cannot do anything to anyone.If you ask them for something,eg,as in Pakidtan,give me a son or a daughter,it would amount to shirk which is the biggest sin.We should ask everything from allah.

Scam artist,

Follow those who do not ask of you [any] payment, and they are [rightly] guided.[36:21]

A True Shaykh or Peer is the one who teaches people about Qur'an and Sunnah and teaches them to get rid of diseases of the heart like Arrogance Envy etc.
Unfortunately too many fake peers have given bad name to the real and true friends of Allah.

These 'peers' are a disgrace ..

Here in South Africa, they are not realy common but are sometimes inported from pakistan by a faction of muslims(one distinct feature is that they all wear these big green turbans).Anyway, this peer (recently imported) was having a majlis, after which Salaah was to take place. He faked some kind of se'ance, andno one disturbed him. After Salaah, they all asked him why hed had not attended the congregation....this is what he said: Hame bulaawa aaya tha...Ham ne aaj arshe azeem par namaaz parhi hai...:)))..and they werre all like "hazrat ki to azmat hi kuch aur hai"

Amongst their other numerous absurd preachings are these:

White rooster in the backyard=Good luck.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Wearing certain colours of stones/gems in your ring will change your fate.....and they give you the contact details of businesses selling these gemstones..(any person with a brain can deduce that these peers are some king of marketing strategy)

Here in South Africa, they are not realy common but are sometimes inported from pakistan by a faction of muslims(one distinct feature is that they all wear these big green turbans).Anyway, this peer (recently imported) was having a majlis, after which Salaah was to take place. He faked some kind of se'ance, andno one disturbed him. After Salaah, they all asked him why hed had not attended the congregation....this is what he said: Hame bulaawa aaya tha...Ham ne aaj arshe azeem par namaaz parhi hai...:)))..and they werre all like "hazrat ki to azmat hi kuch aur hai"

Wearing certain colours of stones/gems in your ring will change your fate.....and they give you the contact details of businesses selling these gemstones..(any person with a brain can deduce that these peers are some king of marketing strategy)

Exactly these are the fake peers people should beware of.

Lol those dudes are nuts .

Why blame the Peer? Demand creates supply. There are millions of people ready to give up everything for faith in these scammers. Great source of income + no one will question you on anything. What a waste of human potential.

Last edited:
Why blame the Peer? Demand creates supply. There are millions of people ready to give up everything for faith in these scammers. Great source of income + no one will question you on anything. What a waste of human potential.
Does that not explain virtually every Priest, Bishop, Imam, Peer, Rabbi, Guru, Lama and such? :))

This black magic/peer culture is really distasteful. It is a fascinating topic but I don't believe in any of it. Some elders go over the top with this stuff, they think some event has got to be jaadu or nazar.

Some people go to great lengths attempting to reverse the effects of these things by going to peers who are fraudsters and lose time, money, and their own peace of mind consequently.

These things like jaadu or nazar can't harm as much the harm you can do to yourself by trying to counter them in stupid ways like drinking potions or what have you. It may be a desi thing. If you go to Turkey for example they have these blue eyes in amulets because apparently it wards off evil eye. This happens in India too, a remnant of old customs.

A bit of a 'holy thread resurrection' but this case is just bizarre.

MULTAN:

A pir was arrested on Wednesday for killing a follower to prove his claim that he could bring him back to life.

A Saddar police spokesman said Muhammad Sabir, a pir of village Mubarakabad in Bahawalnagar, gained popularity over the last five years for his ability to perform ‘miracles’.

He said on Tuesday, he announced that he could breathe life back into a dead man. The pir gave the condition that the victim must be married and have children.

Sabir said 40-year-old Muhammad Niaz, a daily wage worker and father of six children, volunteered for the miracle.

On Wednesday, Niaz was placed on a table in a square and his hands and legs were bound.

The police spokesman said Sabir then sliced his throat as people looked on.

Meanwhile, an anonymous caller informed the police about ‘the miracle.’ The spokesman by the time police reached, Niaz had died.

Witnesses said Sabir uttered some words to bring him back to life. They said when he realized his ‘miracle’ had not worked, he tried to flee.

He was detained by the villagers and handed over to the police. Villagers told police that he used ask a local pet store to donate birds and dogs so that could save villagers from black magic.

They said he sacrificed animals and sprinkled their blood on his followers. He also asked them to sprinkle it at the entrance of their houses to be protected from evil.

A FIR against the cleric has been lodged in Saddar police station. The body of the victim was taken to the tehsil headquarters hospital for autopsy and later handed over to the family for burial.

Samina, sister of the victim, told The Express Tribune, that her brother had sacrificed himself for the spiritual leader.

“Why should I mourn when I know that my brother is in heaven?” she said. “He will be rewarded for his services for the spiritual leader in afterlife.

She said her brother had volunteered for the miracle and that the pir should not have been arrested.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/763684/too-trusting-pir-kills-follower-for-miracle-of-life/

I recall a few years ago a Peer came to our local mosque and started to brainwash some of the local community.

His aim seemed to be to collate money for a mosque that he said he was building in Pakistan. Anyway many people gave him money for what they thought was a good cause. He was staying at the mosque, being fed well and well looked after.

Then one day he just disappeared without a trace. A few days later the police came looking for him as he had tricked other mosques and worshippers with the same story and fled with their money

This summer sister in law has been visiting a pir for her epilepsy and my first question was about whether he was charging money or not. He didn't, instead asking for donations for a charity of your choice. So far her condition has improved, which has somewhat negated my mistrust of pir. But as a rule I don't trust any of them.

A so-called faith healer in the Pakistani city of Peshawar is being sought Wednesday by authorities, after advising a pregnant woman to hammer a nail on her forehead so that she could deliver a baby boy.

Neurologist Haider Suleman, who treated the victim at Lady Reading Hospital, said although the nail had penetrated the woman’s skull, it had not reached her brain.

“She said that a woman in her locality did the same [hammered a nail] and gave birth to a boy even though the ultrasound had shown her unborn child to be a girl,” Suleman told Pakistani news outlet Dawn.

Faith healers are a common avenue in Pakistan for people seeking spiritual solutions to their problems. Most of these healers are Islamic clerics and other religious people.

The incident came to the attention of authorities after the victim’s x-ray went viral. Police examined the content to work through the case.

“The team will also investigate why [the] incident was not reported to [the] police by the treating doctor,” local police chief Abbas Ahsan said.

It was unclear if the woman hammered the nail into her own head or if someone helped her, but according to Suleman, it all happened in the woman’s home. Family members tried unsuccessfully to pry the nail out of her head, the doctor said.

The woman is said to already have had three daughters and was expecting a fourth when she hammered the nail on her forehead.

Hospital staff told Dawn that the woman said her husband was unhappy with her because she would not bear a boy, so he threatened to leave her.

Baby boys are usually preferred across South Asian countries, including in Pakistan, as they are thought to provide parents with better social and economic security.

https://indianexpress.com/article/world/nail-pakistan-woman-baby-boy-7766058/

Back