[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Babar Azam's performance watch as captain for Peshawar Zalmi

Well he couldn’t be an icon at one Franchise for as long as Kohli was an icon at RCB

Don’t care about any of that. It’s the fact that who he is being replaced in the franchise hurts the most. We are talking about Kamran Akmal, Shoaib Malik, and Mohammed Hafeez coming to KK. Like these people have literally no idea how to run a franchise. It makes me think that KK even have one PSL title was due to someone like Dean Jones work with this team. Otherwise they would be the only team with no title in the league.

Don’t care about any of that. It’s the fact that who he is being replaced in the franchise hurts the most. We are talking about Kamran Akmal, Shoaib Malik, and Mohammed Hafeez coming to KK. Like these people have literally no idea how to run a franchise. It makes me think that KK even have one PSL title was due to someone like Dean Jones work with this team. Otherwise they would be the only team with no title in the league.

And they had a title challange with Babar as captain/dictator?

And they are signing Haider by the looks of it. What are these guys even thinking. Haider is not even the player he was a year ago. Would be funny if they on-board Ariel as their main sponsor this season.

And they are signing Haider by the looks of it. What are these guys even thinking. Haider is not even the player he was a year ago. Would be funny if they on-board Ariel as their main sponsor this season.

Perfect move for Haider considering Babar has moved to PZ to destroy the career of another Powerplay batsman

And they had a title challange with Babar as captain/dictator?

Even if he is not a tactical mastermind, he at least has some brand value. Babar generates following unlike any other player in Pakistan right now.

It's amusing how people try to write off players so quick. Didn't he just help Pakistan win the tri-series in NZ?

Would be great signing if it does happen and it seems like Karachi are focusing on resolving their middle order issues. Maybe overcompensating a bit to do that but openers is the easiest position to fill in T20 nowadays.

Perfect move for Haider considering Babar has moved to PZ to destroy the career of another Powerplay batsman

Haider will be mentally destroyed in KK. He is killing his career by sharing dressing room with toxic characters like Amir, Malik and Waseem. They will not let him grow.

Haider will be mentally destroyed in KK. He is killing his career by sharing dressing room with toxic characters like Amir, Malik and Waseem. They will not let him grow.

He is killing his career playing in this Pakistan dressing room as well.

It’s done no good for him.

It's amusing how people try to write off players so quick. Didn't he just help Pakistan win the tri-series in NZ?

Would be great signing if it does happen and it seems like Karachi are focusing on resolving their middle order issues. Maybe overcompensating a bit to do that but openers is the easiest position to fill in T20 nowadays.

I have always backed Haider when everyone else gave up on him. I just don’t think that KK is the place for him to grow as a player or gain his confidence back. KK have not nurtured a single player into becoming a world class one. This is a bad move for him.

He is killing his career playing in this Pakistan dressing room as well.

It’s done no good for him.

Selected too early for international cricket. Yes. Needed a few more first class seasons to mature as a player. And if he was expected to bat in the middle order then he should have done so for his domestic side as well. So I’m that sense, playing for Pakistan right now is also having a detrimental affect on his game.

Karachi has now gone from having the most international Pakistani stars in their team, to basically none now. I don’t think they could afford to let go of Babar.

They’re going to super reliant on Sharjeel now. Which isn’t exactly the guy you want to be the embodiment of your team.

With Babar gone too, it’s going to be difficult to persuade Pakistani players to join Karachi.

Right on the eve of the World Cup final. Who comes up with these decisions? Let the team focus on the final rather than with these silly PSL distractions. Terrible management.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We welcome master all-rounder <a href="https://twitter.com/realshoaibmalik?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@realshoaibmalik</a> to the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/KingSquad?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#KingSquad</a> for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/HBLPSL8?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#HBLPSL8</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/HBLPSLDraft?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#HBLPSLDraft</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/HBLPSL?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#HBLPSL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/YehHaiKarachi?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#YehHaiKarachi</a> <a href="https://t.co/PmThBrC7Pi">pic.twitter.com/PmThBrC7Pi</a></p>— Karachi Kings (@KarachiKingsARY) <a href="https://twitter.com/KarachiKingsARY/status/1591092946581213185?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 11, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hahahahhahahajahahahaha

Will be interesting to see what they do for the rest but I just hope they don't end up blocking a young player like Qasim Akram because of this.

Don't like Zalmi. Would have proffered Babar representing his home franchise, but I guess that's not tenable with a snake like Aqib is in-charge.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We welcome star middle-order batter <a href="https://twitter.com/iamhaideraly?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@iamhaideraly</a> to the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/KingSquad?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#KingSquad</a> for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/HBLPSL8?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#HBLPSL8</a><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/HBLPSLDraft?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#HBLPSLDraft</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/HBLPSL?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#HBLPSL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/YehHaiKarachi?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#YehHaiKarachi</a> <a href="https://t.co/dL2Lca4fRI">pic.twitter.com/dL2Lca4fRI</a></p>— Karachi Kings (@KarachiKingsARY) <a href="https://twitter.com/KarachiKingsARY/status/1591094880826425347?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 11, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good Investment by Zalmi, atleast they are not wasting their Platinum wage on Haider Ali.

Malik, Amir and Imad in the same team.

Feel for the youngsters in that dressing room. They couldn't have gotten a worse group of role models.

Right on the eve of the World Cup final. Who comes up with these decisions? Let the team focus on the final rather than with these silly PSL distractions. Terrible management.

Well. They announced it when “Loha is garam”

Babar is on top right now because of his 50 in the Semis

They can’t take risks if Babar flops in the final after an abysmal tournament

Don't like Zalmi. Would have proffered Babar representing his home franchise, but I guess that's not tenable with a snake like Aqib is in-charge.

Aqib is a true gentleman and a fighter for women’s rights. Have respect for sir Aqib

Change in environment will be good for Babar. PZ has a loving team environment. I hope they don't appoint him as the captain

Change in environment will be good for Babar. PZ has a loving team environment. I hope they don't appoint him as the captain

He will be the captain, it is part of the deal.

Babar will always do well in PSL as a batter - I have no doubt. As a captain is the issue here.

What's wrong with Imad?

Nothing

He didn’t rate Rizwan as a middle order batsman and didn’t want him opening instead of Sharjeel Khan

Hence, Imad is an evil person with toxic agendas apparently

Nothing

He didn’t rate Rizwan as a middle order batsman and didn’t want him opening instead of Sharjeel Khan

LOL funny how that genius decision of Imad turned out. The very next season after leaving Karachi Kings, Rizwan captained Multan Sultans to the PSL while finishing with 500 runs with the bat.

Nothing

Says a lot about Imad then. Sharjeel is a waste player and Rizwan is a national treasure, knowing how Babar-Rizwan has transformed Pakistan cricket for better.

Good for Babar and with that a lot of fans will also be parting ways with Karachi Kings.

I don't think we should be lumping in Malik with Amir.

I think we should. It became fairly obvious with the kind of statements these three have been giving that they are part of the same clique. No coincidence that they are in the same team now as well.

Only difference is that Imad is comparatively milder with his statements because he probably still thinks he has a chance of playing for Pakistan. Amir is the most extreme and most toxic of the lot, exposing his true colors now that he knows he will never be given a chance to play for Pakistan again.

Malik on the other hand is a true politician. And arguably the most dangerous one of all. Because he is someone who will pretend to be your friend and make you feel like you matter. But deep down you know he is the biggest snake of them all.

I think we should. It became fairly obvious with the kind of statements these three have been giving that they are part of the same clique. No coincidence that they are in the same team now as well.

Only difference is that Imad is comparatively milder with his statements because he probably still thinks he has a chance of playing for Pakistan. Amir is the most extreme and most toxic of the lot, exposing his true colors now that he knows he will never be given a chance to play for Pakistan again.

Malik on the other hand is a true politician. And arguably the most dangerous one of all. Because he is someone who will pretend to be your friend and make you feel like you matter. But deep down you know he is the biggest snake of them all.

Everyone is not a politician in Pakistan cricket until you are made one by the system

The guys you think are saints now will be the politicians soon

KK now has the toxic trio (Amir, Imad and Malik) and the fixer duo (Amir and Sharjeel). Brilliant management, keep it up KK! Hoping to see them crash (despite half my family being from Karachi).

Everyone is not a politician in Pakistan cricket until you are made one by the system

The guys you think are saints now will be the politicians soon

I like to deal in absolutes, not hypotheticals. And anyone who has followed Pakistan cricket for a hot minute knows what a politician Malik is and always has been.

Nothing

He’s also someone who refuses to bowl outside the power play for most of his overs. This means you can’t attack the PP w/ two quicks. Which makes it pointless for Karachi to get any opening bowlers in the platinum category, which they hilariously have space for.

KK now has the toxic trio (Amir, Imad and Malik) and the fixer duo (Amir and Sharjeel). Brilliant management, keep it up KK! Hoping to see them crash (despite half my family being from Karachi).

Don’t be this much honest ustad g.

Yes hurts as a Karachi fan. But will still be supporting them

It'll be interesting to see if he is appointed skipper over Wahab Riaz.

Realistically PZ was the only team he could sign for.

It'll be interesting to see if he is appointed skipper over Wahab Riaz.

Realistically PZ was the only team he could sign for.

Especially after all the rubbish Wahab has been saying about Babar's Pakistan. If Babar doesn't play as captain fine, but there should be an order from the top to eliminate all those who spoke ill about the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Especially after all the rubbish Wahab has been saying about Babar's Pakistan. If Babar doesn't play as captain fine, but there should be an order from the top to eliminate all those who spoke ill about the team.

Why? Babar isn’t Vladimir Putin

Javed Afridi is the only guy in the PSL that knows how to build a brand.

Karachi have always been among the most cluless franchises despite their potential audience.

Letting the Pakistan cup go during a world cup was just dumb. They could have at the very least delayed making a decision until the WC is over.

InshAllah if things go well and we end up winning the WC, then Peshawar may just have scooped one of the biggest prizes in world cricket on the cheap.

Only player Karachi needs to win with is Shobby. Genuine match clincher.

Couldn’t care less about who else comes and goes…

Only player Karachi needs to win with is Shobby. Genuine match clincher.

Couldn’t care less about who else comes and goes…

If RVD is available for the full season they should get him too

Clutch middle order batsman

Sharjeel
Fakhar
Russie Van Dussen
Qasim Akram
Shoaib Malik
Imad Wasim

That’s the kind of top 6 I would aim for as a KK fan

Javed Afridi is the only guy in the PSL that knows how to build a brand.

Karachi have always been among the most cluless franchises despite their potential audience.

Letting the Pakistan cup go during a world cup was just dumb. They could have at the very least delayed making a decision until the WC is over.

InshAllah if things go well and we end up winning the WC, then Peshawar may just have scooped one of the biggest prizes in world cricket on the cheap.

I think regardless of the WC result this is a major win for PZ. KK signing up Haider as a platinum category player just goes to show how clueless they are. All due respect to Haider, and I wish him well, but there is no way he justifies that platinum slot.

Also, last I recall things didn’t really end well between KK and Malik in his first stint. Wonder what would be different this time.

Nothing

I mean, I don't think Rizwan has set the international stage on fire when he was on the bench for KK. At that time, many not just Imad, felt that Rizwan is not cut for T20.

Echoed pretty much the same comments as Malik i.e. Babar does favoritism in selection---all because he wasn't selected.

Hmm... I didn't know that. In my opinion though, Imad does deserve a place in the side. No one can say that if Imad had gotten the same number of chances as chacha or Asif, he'd had less value than them. He was hard done by and it's only fair he feels hard done by.

Sharjeel
Fakhar
Russie Van Dussen
Qasim Akram
Shoaib Malik
Imad Wasim

Fakhar ?

Haider
Sharjeel
RvD
Qasim Akram
M Nabi
Imad

Has KK retained Nabi or not ? He has more value than Shoaib Malik. Both are equal mugs with bat but at least Nabi can bowl 4 economical overs.

Wasim Akram loves toxic individuals doesn't he ie Imad Wasim, Mohd Amir, Shoaib Malik. He drove Babar out from the KK set up.

Would have been hard for him to play with some of the guys in KK after their random rants about him and the team. KK can make Imad captain again while QG and PZ can potentially be really good franchises for Babar and he can lead them as well. Let see how it goes.

So its PZ, perfect for both Babar and the franchise.

Sharjeel
Fakhar
Russie Van Dussen
Qasim Akram
Shoaib Malik
Imad Wasim

Lahore have the first pick. They have not let Fakhar go, it a tactical drop. Also why would he go to Karachi of all places?

Last edited:
He will be the captain I believe. Even rumours were that if he would have joined QG, then as per the owner Sarfaraz was willing to forgo captaincy for Babar.

So at PZ expecting Babar to surely lead as it would have been part of the deal (As it should be for a national captain) and PZ had no proper leader to start with since retirement of Sammy and him taking the mentor/coach role. Babar would provide PZ the perfect addition they would have hoped for as a batsman and leader.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see him try and miss the scoop shot for the umpteenth time this season.

This.

Strange how a guy with so much upper body strength tries (and fails at) this ridiculous shot so frequently…

Babar should have gone to LQ - it would have been a natural fit..

My understanding is that part of the deal to leave KK and join PZ is that Babar will become captain of PZ.

With the likes of Malik, Amir, Imad and Sharjeel in the team and rumors flying around that Hafeez and Kamran Akmal will also be joining, would be apt to rename Karachi Kings to Karachi Snakes (or even Karachi Fixers). Good on Babar for getting out of this toxic atmosphere promptly, but have to feel for Haider Ali here, essentially a lamb being sent into a pack of wolves. Karachi is by far and away the worst team in the PSL and desperately needs a clear out of the management and senior player system, already key national team players like Naseem and Fakhar have apparently turned them down and its shocking the amount of potential that isn't being realized by the team that in theory has the largest fanbase in the PSL

With the likes of Malik, Amir, Imad and Sharjeel in the team and rumors flying around that Hafeez and Kamran Akmal will also be joining, would be apt to rename Karachi Kings to Karachi Snakes (or even Karachi Fixers). Good on Babar for getting out of this toxic atmosphere promptly, but have to feel for Haider Ali here, essentially a lamb being sent into a pack of wolves. Karachi is by far and away the worst team in the PSL and desperately needs a clear out of the management and senior player system, already key national team players like Naseem and Fakhar have apparently turned them down and its shocking the amount of potential that isn't being realized by the team that in theory has the largest fanbase in the PSL

Lol Hafeez grouped with fixers that he loathes

I am not the biggest fan of Hafeez but I would be very surprised if he joins a team with Sharjeel and Amir. He has been pretty firm on his stand against fixing. I would lose a lot of respect for him if he does make that move.

Also, KK is facing significant backlash already regarding these moves and Wasim Akram mentioned it in his show that both him and Salman Iqbal have faced a lot of criticism on social media.

Lol @ Karachi Kings. First they let Rizwan go who ended up winning the championship with MS in the following year and now Babar will do the same. The team of fixers will finish dead last in the upcoming edition of PSL.
Go Zalmi Go

Lol @ Karachi Kings. First they let Rizwan go who ended up winning the championship with MS in the following year and now Babar will do the same. The team of fixers will finish dead last in the upcoming edition of PSL.
Go Zalmi Go

Salty RizBab fans

Softies will always be released

Salty RizBab fans

Softies will always be released

We are not salty as we only have ras gulas and mithai in our mouths after another 100/0 and a semi final win against NZ :)

Softies have made a habbit of winning big and scoring 100s for fun, so I will take these softies over your fixers any day :)

We are not salty as we only have ras gulas and mithai in our mouths after another 100/0 and a semi final win against NZ :)

Softies have made a habbit of winning big and scoring 100s for fun, so I will take these softies over your fixers any day :)

Take it from guys who win in life:

“Agar Rizwan hamari team combination main nahi aata, tou nahi aata”.

Sorry, he doesn’t make it in KK’s championship winning side.

Thank you, I am already taking it from guys who win in life - Rizwan and Babar

Imad - Nowhere near the team

Amir- The less we talk about him the better

Wasim Akram - Justice Qayyum report

Do you remember who was man of the series in KK’s championship winning side or do you conveniently forget? Just a hint, this person was also man of the match in the finals and semifinals.

Do you remember who was man of the series in KK’s championship winning side or do you conveniently forget? Just a hint, this person was also man of the match in the finals and semifinals.

Agar Rizwan hamari team combination main nahi aata tou nahi aata. Iconic words. They won the Title that season. That was Qudrat ka Nizaam.

Sorry. No hard feelings

Agar Rizwan hamari team combination main nahi aata tou nahi aata. Iconic words. They won the Title that season. That was Qudrat ka Nizaam.

Sorry. No hard feelings

I didn’t really ask about Rizwan, you mentioned the championship winning side so just wanted to remind you who was the man of the series and man of the match in finals and semi finals.

Rizwan was champion in the 2021 season, so has nothing to prove.

I didn’t really ask about Rizwan, you mentioned the championship winning side so just wanted to remind you who was the man of the series and man of the match in finals and semi finals.

Rizwan was champion in the 2021 season, so has nothing to prove.

I’m sorry for the harsh response and reality check from KK’s perspective. Babar can go too after having a poor season with KK

Sorry this franchise isn’t for RizBab

Back