[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Babar Azam's performance watch as captain for Peshawar Zalmi

I’m sorry for the harsh response and reality check from KK’s perspective. Babar can go too after having a poor season with KK

Sorry this franchise isn’t for RizBab

No worries and you are entitled to your perspective and wishes for your franchise. Let’s see which franchise and players do better in the next season.

How worse KK is gonna get? More than 1 win and they automatically improve - that is the legacy Babar is leaving behind. The hate needs no reasoning.

How worse KK is gonna get? More than 1 win and they automatically improve - that is the legacy Babar is leaving behind. The hate needs no reasoning.

Exactly

Can’t get any worse than how Babar has destroyed KK

I mean, I don't think Rizwan has set the international stage on fire when he was on the bench for KK. At that time, many not just Imad, felt that Rizwan is not cut for T20.

Hmm... I didn't know that. In my opinion though, Imad does deserve a place in the side. No one can say that if Imad had gotten the same number of chances as chacha or Asif, he'd had less value than them. He was hard done by and it's only fair he feels hard done by.

He's a good player who was definitely hard-done by. I think he has decent utility as a lower order hitter/finisher. Especially when you look at this current Pakistan T20 team and the clear lack of guys that can strike at 140+. But I don't think that a case can be made for him to replace Shadab and Nawaz who are genuine all-rounders and more complete cricketers with bat, ball and in the field.

And though his bowling can prove to be vital in T20I, in ODIs, his record with the ball has been quite woeful.

He really needs to step up his performances with the bat if he wants to be a part of the squad again. Because his bowling is unlikely to win him a recall.

Babar Azam named Peshawar Zalmi’s captain for PSL 8

Babar Azam, one of the leading batsmen of world cricket and the Pakistani cricket team, has been appointed as the captain of Peshawar Zalmi for PSL 8. Babar Azam joined Peshawar Zalmi before the Pakistan Super League 8.

In his talk, he said that the leadership of Peshawar Zalmi is an honor and he is excited about the new challenge. He mentioned that Peshawar Zalmi is one of the best teams in the history of PSL and has performed consistently.

Chairman Peshawar Zalmi, Mr. Javed Afridi, said that Babar Azam is currently the best batsman in the world in all three formats of the game and the pride of Pakistan cricket. Under his captaincy, Peshawar Zalmi will perform brilliantly in PSL 8, he further added that Babar Azam's world-class batting and captaincy experience will help Peshawar Zalmi.

Peshawar Zalmi's management thanked former captain and successful bowler of PSL history Wahab Riaz and is hoping that Wahab Riaz will continue to give match-winning performances in PSL 8 as he did in the past.

Dumb decision by Peshawar Zalmi and Javed Afridi. Mohd Akram better brace himself to deal with the frustrations of Babars incompetency as captain. This just might end up being Peshawars worst season

I mean, it’s better than having Wahab as captain and Kami as opener.

Despite all the frustrations around Babar recently, and the fact that he’s an atrocious captain, it’s good to see him leading a PSL franchise (that’s all he should lead) over the likes of never has-beens like Wahab and Kami.

Wasim Akram said that it is quite normal in franchise cricket worldwide. Babar has replaced Wahab Riaz as Peshawar Zalmi’s captain.

“I think this happens in franchise cricket. We’ve seen this happen worldwide, where their main player walks away and somebody else comes in) So, as long as Babar is in PSL, it’ll be fun. It’ll be good games, competitive games"

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/n...ens-up-on-babar-azams-exit-from-karachi-kings

swhcYhs.png

Time for Javed Afridi to see his hair grey watching Babar Azam's captaincy.

With Babar now in the Zalmi team, they are now officially a guaranteed failure.

Congrats Zalmi Fans!

Did Karachi Kings made a mistake letting Babar Azam go, who just won icc crickete of the year award

Some say kk let him go, some say babar requested to be move.

Franchise cricket is more about the brand affiliation and marketing and little about who wins. The best cricketer of 2022 belongs from Pakistan and Karachi had the rights on him. Ary and salman iqbal could had marketted him with KK and could had made a team that revolved around him.

But they let him go and the guy wins ICC top award which identifies him as the best.

Did KK make a mistake?

Will Javed Afridi capitilize on this?

I wont be surprised him Babar becomes the biggest brand ambassador for Haier and Zalmi

The dressing room at KK was contagious. And KK felt that Babar did not suite their style of play. They probably wanted Babar to step down from captaincy and Babar refused, something had to give.

No mistake

Babar as captain is a huge obstacle for the growth or progress of any team. Now KK can actually target the powerplay instead of being bogged down by Babar

No mistake

Babar as captain is a huge obstacle for the growth or progress of any team. Now KK can actually target the powerplay instead of being bogged down by Babar

Sharjeel will shine as opener. He will win it for KK.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Gearing up for PSL! ⚡ <a href="https://t.co/Yw97qIP2BL">pic.twitter.com/Yw97qIP2BL</a></p>— Babar Azam (@babarazam258) <a href="https://twitter.com/babarazam258/status/1619010788580278273?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 27, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Breaking his silence over the controversy, Wasim Akram slammed journalists who made such baseless reports. Further clearing the air over the matter, Karachi Kings bowling coach asserted that the decision to draft Babar to Peshawar was one taken by the owner.

“I was never upset with Babar. There are a few journalists sitting at home who are making these stories. Their job is to be on Twitter only. They won't eat food, they won't have tea, they are on Twitter 24/7. I haven't met them even once.

"Trades are very common in league cricket. It's not my team, it's the owner's team," said Wasim to Cricket Pakistan. I keep talking to Babar regularly. He's like my own son. Why would I be upset with him? I fully support him," said Wasim to Cricket Pakistan.

Babar Azam has been facing immense criticism from fans and experts due to Pakistan's poor results that saw them being whitewashed by England at home. Defending the Pak skipper, Akram said: “We have to support our captain. (I'm saying this because) I've played under 7 captains. If our captain is inexperienced right now, removing him won't do any good. But supporting him will. We don't need enemies, our own people are enough. I'm seeing how people are criticising Babar left, right, and centre. It's embarrassing. Please stop making fun of yourself. It genuinely hurts me.”

We don't need enemies, our own people are enough.

It's sad but true. Our best players are criticised endlessly by people who are on twitter etc. 24/7 with nothing better to do.

This is also why Wasim refuses to be part of the PCB in any form. He'd be called "useless" "pathetic" and "clueless" within a week.

We have ourselves to blame only.

Babar looking good in his new kit...

Screenshot 2023-02-07 213226.jpgFoYF6LEaMAEvLQN.jpg

Wahab Riaz on Babar

"It is good for us that Pakistan's captain is now also the skipper of Peshawar. We have a good opportunity to play under his captaincy. Not only me, but all the players will try to prove their worth,"

Inzamam-ul-Haq speaking in a presser:

"Babar is best batter in the world right now. He is getting better day by day. I am confident that he will fulfill his role as a captain of Peshawar Zalmi"

"No one is complete, learning process never ends. Babar is a very good player and he will keep on learning"

Inzamam-ul-Haq speaking in a presser:

"Babar is best batter in the world right now. He is getting better day by day. I am confident that he will fulfill his role as a captain of Peshawar Zalmi"

"No one is complete, learning process never ends. Babar is a very good player and he will keep on learning"

Disagree Inzi

Babar isn’t the best batsman in the world right now. If you are talking about T20s alone he isn’t even in the top 10.

Babar Azam speaking to media:

"I played with Karachi for six seasons. I enjoyed my time there and it felt like a family"

"Now it's time to lead Peshawar where I also feel like a family. I got same love and support here and I am really looking forward to continue my performances for Peshawar,"

"Learning never stops for me. It's my routine to do intensive practice and without it, my day is incomplete"

"I try to not being particular when it comes to training. I try and do practice in every possible manner to become better and better,"

"It's always exciting to play against each other in PSL. I played for Karachi previously and now I will be playing against them. I am really looking forward to it,"

"Karachi have good bowlers and it's always challenging and exciting to play against quality bowlers. You will see good contest against them,"

Babar does not exude confidence.

He is not skilled enough to be in the playing XI of Domestic T20 Cup, let alone being the captain of a PSL team!

Javed Afridi will regret this mistake.

Disagree Inzi

Babar isn’t the best batsman in the world right now. If you are talking about T20s alone he isn’t even in the top 10.

Cricketer of the year

Babar Azam c Tye b Tahir 68(46) [4s-7 6s-1]

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/cw7yj3" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

He is not skilled enough to be in the playing XI of Domestic T20 Cup, let alone being the captain of a PSL team!

I would add that he isn't good enough to play any form, so bad that a Sunday League Parks team wouldn't pick. Are you happy

Come to think of it,

This was a poor trade with Haider.

KK should have just released Babar and Picked a new platinum player. The only worthy trade would have been Fakhar swap with Babar

Hard to disagree.

In the shortest format, Babar is no better than Steve Smith who didn't get picked for a single game in the World T20 that was held in Australia a few months ago.

Lol Karachi fluked a once in a blue moon innings by Imad to LOSE a game and these guys are still having a field day at Babars expense :))

Lol Karachi fluked a once in a blue moon innings by Imad to LOSE a game and these guys are still having a field day at Babars expense :))

What nonsense

Same could be said about Tom Cadmore’s innings

What nonsense

Same could be said about Tom Cadmore’s innings

TKC is a bit overhyped but he's been banging out runs for fun recently and essentially won his team the game.

Imad threw his bat when it was a losing cause and fumbled it in the end.

Yet still you guys are criticing Babar :))

Today was a massive slap in the face towards Karachi by Babar and Zalmi.

Imad and Amir got their backsides handed to them.

Imad and amir talked a lot but failed to walk the walk

Babar 1- 0- Imad\ Amir

The same guys who spent over a year slating Pakistans soft mentality and fans celebration of meaningless innings are today having a party because a player they like fluked an innings in a lost match :))

You can't make it up.

The same guys who spent over a year slating Pakistans soft mentality and fans celebration of meaningless innings are today having a party because a player they like fluked an innings in a lost match :))

You can't make it up.

What are you even trying to say?

Imad scored 80 with a sr of 170

How is that a fluke?

You can't make it up.

The irony is lost on some

How is that a fluke?

Imad wasim is good enough to go at 150 sr but he should try and do it more regular definitely not a fluke.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Good start to my <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Zalmi?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Zalmi</a> journey. &#55357;&#56475;<br><br>The Karachi crowd was electric as usual. Amazing atmosphere all around!⚡ <a href="https://t.co/4KlXz7c7E4">pic.twitter.com/4KlXz7c7E4</a></p>— Babar Azam (@babarazam258) <a href="https://twitter.com/babarazam258/status/1625606035330469888?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 14, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wahab Riaz in his presser:

“It is good that Babar has come to Peshawar Zalmi. You expect Pakistan captain to lead in franchise cricket as well,”

How is that a fluke?

He also backed it up against Pakistan's best bowler, Shaheen, when he smacked him for 2 sixes to round off a gem of a knock against LQ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wahab Riaz in his presser:

“It is good that Babar has come to Peshawar Zalmi. You expect Pakistan captain to lead in franchise cricket as well,”

Not sure how he really feels been removed as captain!

Babar Azam in an interview:

"It is a good experience for me. First, I played for Islamabad United, then I played for Karachi Kings for five to six years, so I got so much love and respect from the Kings franchise. Now I am playing for Peshawar Zalmi, so I am enjoying a lot, and the Zalmi management is also giving me the same amount of love and respect. I am trying to execute my game plans here as well."

Babar Azam in an interview:

"It is a good experience for me. First, I played for Islamabad United, then I played for Karachi Kings for five to six years, so I got so much love and respect from the Kings franchise. Now I am playing for Peshawar Zalmi, so I am enjoying a lot, and the Zalmi management is also giving me the same amount of love and respect. I am trying to execute my game plans here as well."

The best batsman in the world also knows how to talk gently. Massive respect for the skipper.

The best batsman in the world also knows how to talk gently. Massive respect for the skipper.

Really respect the way the guy handles himself. Despise the fact that people mock his English and call him timid.

Played an excellent knock as captain for Zalmi today but may not be enough to win.

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/6s92f7" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

To remain not out, play the whole 20 overs and only make 75 at at 129 SR is a very ordinary effort.

He admitted that he couldn't end the innings like he wanted to in the game against Islamabad but how was his captaincy?

pzbubWG.png

will there be a cake cutting for his 50 after the game???
Yep, you know it!

Another cake party for keeping the averages and aggregates this PSL! Win or loose Zalmi, who cares? Just give me that cake with the 50 written on it.

Only a matter of time before Javed Afridi gives him a tongue lashing in public.

On a side note, where is Javed Afridi? He wasn't present in the draft and he hasn't been seen with the team either?

Only a matter of time before Javed Afridi gives him a tongue lashing in public.

On a side note, where is Javed Afridi? He wasn't present in the draft and he hasn't been seen with the team either?

Probably upset that Peshawar didn't get to host any matches.

will there be a cake cutting for his 50 after the game???

Sums up the Misbah era perfectly and how this has led to downfall in the mentality of Pakistan cricketers that you see today.

If Babar had the chance to dig into some cake, he would eat all of it and thank Misbah for giving him the confidence to finish it all by himself.

He started off well with the bat but couldn't finish off the Innings needs massive improvement in power hitting.

You wouldn’t pick Babar over SKY in LOI’s.

Having a nice cover drive shot doesn’t make you the best in the world.

Sky has done nothing in odis to be even mentioned in the same breath as Babar, t20s yes but not in odis

Babar avges 60 in odis at near 90 strike rate

He said post match that he wanted to bat deep and it would have been different if another batter was with him at the end.

Tough situation for him in that wickets were falling all around him today.

But as others have said 75* at a strike-rate of 129 batting through the innings isn't brilliant.

He said post match that he wanted to bat deep and it would have been different if another batter was with him at the end.

Tough situation for him in that wickets were falling all around him today.

But as others have said 75* at a strike-rate of 129 batting through the innings isn't brilliant.

He was doing fine at one stage he had 61 off 41 balls at 148 strike rate

Not sure what happened after that as he scored at about a run a ball off his last 16-17 balls

Instead of accelerating He started to struggle once set Bizarre

He was doing fine at one stage he had 61 off 41 balls at 148 strike rate

Not sure what happened after that as he scored at about a run a ball off his last 16-17 balls

Instead of accelerating He started to struggle once set Bizarre

Not good times for the Babar supporters. Hopefully people realise before he costs us a 3rd WC.

Not good times for the Babar supporters. Hopefully people realise before he costs us a 3rd WC.

It has already been confirmed that he will lead the side at the WC. Make what you want of it. I definitely think that the 3rd WC is out of our hands.

The PCB will look at Peshawar next season. The stadium over there isn't ready yet.

I think the security concerns are bigger than the stadium at this stage but hope Peshawar can host matches next year.

Last 18 balls he faced today against Islamabad United:

1 1 . 1 1 1 . 1 1 2 . 1 1 2 2lb . 1 1

15 runs off the bat.

Gurbaz played the perfect innings today

Vince yesterday

Thank you overseas openers for showing us how to open in T20 cricket!

Last 18 balls he faced today against Islamabad United:

1 1 . 1 1 1 . 1 1 2 . 1 1 2 2lb . 1 1

15 runs off the bat.

whatever the reason that was a poor finish from babar

in the context of the game it wouldnt have mattered much even if he had scored an extra 15 runs as islu wouldve chased them down with ease but to finish like that isnt a great effort he shouldve got 15-20 more runs in the end

They have conceded an insane amount of runs this season. At what point does the captain responsibility?

no.

if you know how to do an analysis, go on cricinfo look at the score cards of the bowlers. Concentrate on the names.

All the bowlers they play are either unknown kids or oldies who are past their retirement date

Back