[PICTURES/VIDEOS] IPL 2024 discussion

Which side will win the IPL trophy this season?

• Total voters
Review of wides and no balls are welcome addition. Many a times there is a very thin line between bouncers and wides above head which on field umpires miss.

Toss Update
Royal Challengers Bengaluru have won the toss and have opted to bat

Bengaluru (Playing XI) - Faf du Plessis(C), Virat Kohli, Rajat Patidar, Glenn Maxwell, Cameron Green, Dinesh Karthik, Anuj Rawat(WK), Karn Sharma, Alzarri Joseph, Mayank Dagar, Mohammed Siraj.

Impact players nominated by Chennai - Shardul Thakur, Shivam Dube, Shaik Rasheed, Nishant Sindhu and Moeen Ali.

Chennai (Playing XI) - Ruturaj Gaikwad (C), Rachin Ravindra, Ajinkya Rahane, Daryl Mitchell, Mustafizur Rahman, Ravindra Jadeja, Sameer Rizvi, MS Dhoni (WK), Deepak Chahar, Maheesh Theekshana, Tushar Deshpande.

So Sheikh Rasheed in IPL , hopefully will pave the way for fellow countrymen

This Deshpande guy looks like a gun barrel straight spray gun. No variations at all. Only speed wouldn't get you anywhere in modern cricket.

I like the graphic with the scorecard and the runs per over graph on one slide

LWNcmRn.png

Indian posters..

Will any of you be attending any game live in stadium? I'll be there tomorrow at new Chandigarh stadium.

For all the hype and money the standard is pretty average.
What standard? Fielding and catching has been good.

Its a pitch with variable bounce so batsmen are going to struggle against the bowlers with variations. I don't know what were you expecting though?

What standard? Fielding and catching has been good.

Its a pitch with variable bounce so batsmen are going to struggle against the bowlers with variations. I don't know what were you expecting though?
The bowling was poor, the pace bowlers were awful

Gaikwad another tuk tuk guy. Statpad like the Ind stars and let the foreigners or the junior Ind players take the risk and up the RR like Rachin here. For RCB - Kohli tuk tuked and Faf did the heavy lifting front end and Rawat on the back end.

32.5cr concurrent views... and that is number of screens. We need to double that number in order to get a pessimistic number of eyeballs. Just insane.

Watching the current IPL makes me so depressed to see on how many levels the PSL is just not up to par. Just look at the IPL Fan Parks they have set up all over India, they are filled out with even more people than in the stadium. Pakistan just does not have the market or similar craze for cricket and it has a lot to do with the pathetic underwhelming performance of the Pakistani team overall for a long time, India has been number one or number two in all formats for almost a decade and the annual IPL carnival, no wonder the average Indian is buzzed for cricket every time.

Royal Challengers Bengaluru 173/6

Chennai Super Kings (18.4/20 ov, T:174) 176/4

CSK won by 6 wickets (with 8 balls remaining)

Chennai Super Kings beat Royal Challengers Bengaluru by six wickets in the IPL opener at MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai on Friday.

RCB recovered to 173 for six against CSK after opting to bat. Skipper Faf du Plessis (35 off 23) got his team off the blocks before the visitors collapsed to 78 for five. Anuj Rawat (48 off 25) and Dinesh Karthik (38 not out off 26) shared a 95-run stand off 50 balls for the sixth wicket to give some respectability to the total. Mustafizur Rahman was the stand out bowler for CSK taking four wickets.

In response, CSK got home in 18.4 overs after contributions from debutant Rachin Ravindra (37 off 15), seasoned Ajinkya Rahane (27 off 19), Shivam Dube (34 not out off 28) and Ravindra Jadeja (25 not out off 17).

Fair point but the bowlers looked very average. Jadeja was excellent in the bits I saw and Fizz bowled well but it was no better than most PSL attacks bar Jadejas spin
Pitches in INdia are varied. They have to constantly adjust their strategy. Especially Chennai pitch has unique characteristics. That is quiet a challenge in itself. It behaves differently on the same day.

When did Fizz join CSK? The dumb push against Fizz is the biggest black mark of Dhoni’s career, good on him to take him under his wing.

When did Fizz join CSK? The dumb push against Fizz is the biggest black mark of Dhoni’s career, good on him to take him under his wing.

I believe this is Mustafiz's 2nd season with CSK. He played last year too (if I remember correctly).

Usually MSD tells the bowlers about what lines to bowl. Since he is not captain he doesn't do much. But still he had extended conversation with Fiz. Seems like he was working out a plan with Fiz.

Kohli will end up a billionaire cricketer without any trophy to show for it (2011 apart). He can’t even win the IPL by the looks of it even though being the front and center of RCB for so long.

The new Mullanpur stadium will be hosting its first ever IPL match today. Very simple design with 33k capacity and world class facilities. The canopies will be erected by 2025.

RCB choked as usual. They should have scored 200 plus there with type of start given to the batters by Faf.

I am sure what u said is a fact and it can happen .so am angry against indian team management affinity towards mediocrity.Our management is highly appreciative of chahal,mukesh,avesh ,patidar etc.They dont have any sense 😒
Dravid love zero talent players but chahal first 3 4 year was really good can't compare these players with him mukesh,avesh ,patidar

"Tactic Disappointing": Sunil Gavaskar Blasts 'One-Dimensional' RCB After Loss vs CSK In IPL 2024

The start to IPL 2024 was a forgettable one for Royal Challengers Bengaluru. The star-studded side slumped to a six-wicket loss to Chennai Super Kings at the Ruturaj Gaikwad-led side's home ground. Batting first, RCB encountered a top-order collapse before Dinesh Karthik and Anuj Rawat stitched a 90-plus stand to take RCB over 170. But CSK chased down the target with more than an over to go. Former India captain Sunil Gavaskar explained what Royal Challengers Bengaluru could have done differently against Chennai Super Kings in the opening match of the TATA IPL 2024.

"Yes, try the short ball by all means, but when it wasn't working... it looked like that's all they were looking to do. You had somebody like a Dagar, who had bowled 2 overs for 6 six runs. I know the way the left-hand spinner can be picked for 6, but you got to take a chance. All that they did, Joseph, Green, Siraj, everybody go in short. What was happening was that if you don't get the bouncer right, you are going to give it a wide, which means you're giving an extra run, you are going to bowl an extra delivery. So, your bouncer has to be very accurate, and it wasn't. That one-dimensional tactic was really disappointing," he said on Star Sports.

Former England batsman Kevin Pietersen said RCB could have chosen to bowl after winning the toss. "I would have chased if I was Faf du Plessis. That wicket was an absolute belter. It's not the normal wicket that you see. Statistics can tell you one thing, and I've never been one for statistics. You got to judge situations as you see situations. This was not a wicket for spinners, the seam bowlers had a go here. I think RCB should have chased," he said.

Australia legend Steve Smith shared his thoughts after Chennai Super Kings maintained their strong record at the Chepauk following their six-wicket victory over Royal Challengers Bengaluru. "Bangalore don't match up at that ground. CSK played to their strengths. They squeezed throughout the middle. Mustafizur was really good, taking wickets. It was a pretty unusual scorecard, the chase. 37 was the highest score, everyone got a start and spent a bit of time in the middle. I think it's probably an ideal start for Chennai," he said.

NDTV

Dravid love zero talent players but chahal first 3 4 year was really good can't compare these players with him mukesh,avesh ,patidar
Problem is dravid does not know to cut the dead weights too.He carried dhawan till 22 dec,chahal till 23 july.On top of it he doesn't have sense to identify the talent.I think Greg chappel must have identified raina,gambhir when dravid was captian.

IPL 2024, Punjab Kings vs Delhi Capitals, 2nd Match:

Punjab Kings have won the toss and have opted to field

Delhi Capitals (Playing XI): David Warner, Mitchell Marsh, Shai Hope, Rishabh Pant(w/c), Ricky Bhui, Tristan Stubbs, Axar Patel, Sumit Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Khaleel Ahmed, Ishant Sharma

Punjab Kings (Playing XI): Shikhar Dhawan(c), Jonny Bairstow, Sam Curran, Liam Livingstone, Jitesh Sharma(w), Harpreet Brar, Harshal Patel, Kagiso Rabada, Rahul Chahar, Arshdeep Singh, Shashank Singh

Delhi Capitals Subs: Abishek Porel, Mukesh Kumar, Jake Fraser-McGurk, Vicky Ostwal, Praveen Dubey

Punjab Kings Subs: Rilee Rossouw, Prabhsimran Singh, Tanay Thyagarajan, Harpreet Singh Bhatia, Vidhwath Kaverappa

Back to Village but what a atmosphere yaar . everyone talking about IPL . IPL is huge popular in rural areas Compare to International cricket .

Shai hope 3 of 9 ball. Are you kidding me? DC don't have better overseas player than him?

Back to Village but what a atmosphere yaar . everyone talking about IPL . IPL is huge popular in rural areas Compare to International cricket .
Stadium not even fill half capacity why Punjab kings change mohali

Shai Hope played so crap in the PSL, but looking good in the IPL :ROFLMAO:

Back