[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Kolkata Knight Riders crowned champions of IPL 2024 after defeating Sunrisers Hyderabad by 8 wickets

Which side will win the IPL trophy this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
T20 showed one of the worst decision making of the season. Still RCB struggled to overcome the target against that team.

RCB bowling is equally crap.

Gill is not T20 material. He does not have the shots that a Jaiswal or Abhisek or even KL Rahul has to hit big.
Gill’s only shot is the short arm pull. No slog sweep, reverse sweep or flick or hook shot. Very limited strokes. I am glad he is not part of the squad. We already have players with limited shots and defensive mindset in the team.
He had all the shots last season. His mindset has changed.

52nd game , sick & tired of tournaments which go beyond 30-35 days , what a pain . Tell me truthfully , how many of you still excited about IPL2024 ?
Well I'm excited about RRs & DCs games.. ma fav teams in this ipl..

Finally some good performance by the run machine Siraj today. But the question is can he carry that on?

1714849787633.png

Narine has been the best performer this season with his all round effort with bat and bowl.

Head has been most destructive batsman while Kohli and Gaekwad have been consistent run scorers.

Parag has been the breakthrough batsman of the year and Samson has been the best keeper batsman of the season.

Virat Kohli Rant "Shown Half A Dozen Times": Sunil Gavaskar Doesn't Spare Broadcaster In Meltdown

After Royal Challengers Bengaluru (RCB) stalwart Virat Kohli went after 'pundits' over criticsim of his strike-rate and struggles against spin, India legend Sunil Gavaskar wasn't willing to keep mum. The iconic batter, on live TV, went on an angry rant ahead of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2024 match between RCB and Gujarat Titans on Saturday. Gavaskar, launching a scathing attack at Kohli, asked why those who continue to stay away from what's said and written on social media are reacting to 'outside noise'.

Kohli didn't mince his words as he questioned those 'sitting inside the box' about how many games they've won for their country. But, Gavaskar wasn't happy seeing the RCB star turning the tables and putting the commentators in the line of fire. Gavaskar, however, didn't just criticise Virat but also took a swipe at the broadcaster Star Sports for playing that rant from the opening batter 'a dozen times' on television.

"That particular post-game interview has been shown on this channel earlier as well, right now, on this particular program it has probably been shown half a dozen times," he said. "I hope that Star Sports recognises that when that is being shown, asking where are the critics, the critics are the commentators. Your Star Sports commentators are the ones from whom the questions are being asked."

"If you have a strike rate of 118, you come and face the first ball, and then you get out in the 14th or 15th over and your strike rate is 118 - if you want applause for that, then that's a little bit different," he said. "But for Star Sports to show the person belittling their own commentators, I'm not sure that's a great thing. So I think Star Sports needs to understand that they have shown it enough times, everyone's got the message.

"We've all played a bit of cricket, not a lot of cricket, but we speak about what we see. We don't necessarily have any likes and dislikes. Even if we have likes or dislikes, we actually speak on what's happening. So, I would be very disappointed if Star Sports show this once more because that will be questioning all us commentators."

What Sunil Gavaskar Said On Virat Kohli's Rant:

Gavaskar was one of those pundits who had questioned Virat Kohli's intent, going about a strike-rate of around 120 as his team suffered consecutive defeats. The legendary cricketer doubled down on the RCB star, asking if he needed appreciation for a strike-rate of 118.

"Commentators questioned only when his strike-rate was 118," Gavaskar said, responding to Kohli's rant. "I'm not too sure. I don't watch too many matches, so I don't know what the other commentators have said otherwise. But if you come and open and then have a strike of 118 when you get out in the 14th or the 15th over, I mean, if you want applause for that, that's a little bit different. That's different."

"All these guys talk about, 'oh we don't care about outside noise'. Accha? Then why are you replying to any outside noise or whatever it is. We all played a bit of cricket, not a lot of cricket. We don't have agendas. We speak about what we see. We don't necessarily have any likes and dislikes. Even if we have likes and dislikes, we actually speak on what is happening," he added.

What Had Virat Kohli Said?

Virat Kohli didn't mince his words as he slammed those criticising his strike-rate after scoring 44-ball 70 in the match against the Gujarat Titans for the first time this season.

"Not really, I think all the people who talk about strike rates and me not playing spin well are the ones who love talking about this stuff. But, for me, it's about winning the game for the team. And there is a reason you have done this for 15 years," Kohli said after his match-winning knock against Gujarat in the presentation ceremony.

"You have done this, day in and day out. You have won games for your team. And I am not quite sure if you have not been in that situation yourself, to sit and speak about the game from a box.

"I don't think it's the same thing. For me, it's about doing the job for the team. People can sit and talk about their own ideas and assumptions of the game. But those who have done it, day in and day out, they know what they are doing. It's kind of muscle memory for me," he added.

NDTV

It is Punjab Kings vs Chennai Super Kings coming up in a few minutes. PBKS is on the roll after winning their last 2 games but CSK has won 1 and lost 1 game. But still, I think CSK has the upper hand in today's game.

Boundaries are also not that huge. A 65-65m boundary is gonna be there so I am expecting a high-scoring game.

IPL 2024: Chennai Super Kings (167/9) beat Punjab Kings (139/9) by 28 runs in Dharamsala

IPL 2024: Chennai Super Kings (167/9) beat Punjab Kings (139/9) by 28 runs in Dharamsala

TATA IPL 2024 Match 53 , PBKS Vs CSK - Match Report

The ever-reliant Ravindra Jadeja sparkled with a crucial all-round performance (43 off 26 & 3/20) to help Chennai Super Kings (CSK) bounce back hard and beat Punjab Kings (PBKS) in Match 53 of the TATA IPL 2024 at the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium in Dharamsala.

A fighting knock from Jadeja (43 off 26) had propelled the visitors to 167/9 after they were reduced to 101/5 in the 13th over. Tushar Deshpande then came out roaring, castling Jonny Bairstow and Rilee Rossouw in the second over to set the tone before Jadeja took over to bowl an impressive spell of 3/20 and help CSK restrict PBKS to 139/9 and register a vital win.

Defending 168, CSK got off to a fantastic start courtesy of pacer Tushar Deshpande. PBKS were jolted early as Deshpande cleaned up Jonny Bairstow and Rilee Rossouw in the second over. CSK kept a tight leash for the next two overs before Shashank Singh and Impact Player Prabhsimran Singh released some pressure with a four and a six off Richard Gleeson in the fifth over, taking 15 off it. The duo continued the momentum in the next over, hitting a couple of fours and a six to take 16 off Deshpande and take PBKS to 47/2 at the end of the Powerplay.

The pair brought up the fifty-run stand as Shashank smacked one down the ground for four, off Santner, but he went for one shot too many and mistimed his loft off the next ball to long on to walk back on 27. PBKS completely lost their way from then on.

One brought two as Prabhsimran lofted one straight to long off, off Jadeja in the next over. Impact Player Simarjeet Singh announced his arrival this season in style, having Jitesh Sharma caught behind, in his first over.

Simarjeet could have had two in two overs but Moeen Ali dropped a simple chance at mid-wicket off a mistimed pull from Ashutosh Sharma. Santner thought didn't make a mistake off the next ball as Curran mistimed his slap to long off, off Jadeja.

The CSK all-rounder made it two in the over as Ashotosh miscued his swing to short third man, to reduce PBKS to 78/7. Harshal, tried to get things moving with a six and a four off Simarjeet but the CSK pacer bounced back strongly to bounce out Harshal off the next ball, with Sameer Rizvi taking an excellent catch. Chahar, Brar and Rabada battled hard but it was always going to be a bridge too far as CSK cruised to a 28-run win.

Earlier, Punjab Kings won the toss and elected to field. Arshdeep Singh struck early as he had Ajinkya Rahane caught at mid-wicket in the second over. Rahane had started off the over with a georgious straight drive for four but four balls later, Arshdeep bowled an inswinger which swung in late and Rahane flicked it straight to mid-wicket. Captain Ruturaj Gaikwad and Daryl Mitchell then stabilised proceedings and went about things in a measured way. Mitchell hit a four and six off Arshdeep and Gaikwad welcomed Harpreet Brar into the attack with a six and a couple of fours off the final over of the Powerplay to score 19 off it and take CSK to 60/1. The pair brought up the 50-run stand in 26 balls.

With the partnership growing stronger, Curran brought Rahul Chahar into the attack and he struck gold straightaway, dismissing Gaikwad (32 off 21) and Shivam Dube off consecutive balls to provide a significant moment in the match. Both the batters were caught behind, trying to cut them late.

Harshal Patel arrived into the attack and he too struck in his first over, trapping Mitchell (30 off 19) LBW. The batter reviewed it after being given out, but replays showed it was clipping leg, an umpire's call.

PBKS maintained the stranglehold before Ravindra Jadeja hit two consecutive fours off Harshal in the 11th over and then Moeen Ali hit a couple of fours off Rabada in the next over to release the pressure valve for CSK. With another partnership developing, Curran brought himself into the attack and cut short the stand, bouncing out Moeen, caught at short fine leg, off a slower bouncer. The boundaries dried up once again, the pressure built and Chahar came back to dent CSK once again as he had Mitchell Santner, playing his first match of the season, caught at long on.

Shardul Thakur arrived at the crease and took the aggressive route straightaway, hitting a four off the first ball but he got lucky off the second as Shashank Singh dropped him at deep mid-wicket and parried it over the fence off the next ball. Thakur and Jadeja took on Chahar, taking him for 13 in the 18th over.

However, Harshal Patel bowled a fantastic penultimate over, cleaning up Thakur and MS Dhoni off consecutive balls via the splendid slower cutters, and giving away just two runs.

Jadeja then hit a couple of crucial blows, smacking a four and a six off Arshdeep before holing out to long on off the fourth ball for 43(26) as the visitors posted 167/9 from 20 overs. Jadeja's knock was extremely crucial given the state of the game. Prabhsimran Singh walked out to open the batting as the Impact Player for PBKS, replacing, Arshdeep, while Simarjeet Singh was introduced as CSK's Impact Player in place of Rahane at the start of the second innings.

Source: IPL

Narine the born again beast ... 81/1 in 7 . off topic , Lucknow has some pretty decent chaat places too .

Narine keeps finding a way lol His hitting technique is fairly simple.
If it is in his range , he swings his bat hard. Very simple. Feet movement not needed when the bat swing is perfect.

His anrms also look very long which means his reach is also excellent. Bowling wide to him will not work effectively against him.

tedious watching this ! 110/1 in 10 :(
We are seeing more matches now where teams are not scoring big.

Teams with ultra aggressive batsmen at the top like kkr, srh and RR are always going to score 200+ if their openers survive long enough.

140/2 in 12 - enough reasons to abhor this !!!
Not all teams can do this. Appreciate the players these teams have.
Narine, Salt and Dre Rus are not your hit a six and take singles kind of players. These batsmen look for big overs where they score in excess of 20 runs.

Not all teams can do this. Appreciate the players these teams have.
Narine, Salt and Dre Rus are not your hit a six and take singles kind of players. These batsmen look for big overs where they score in excess of 20 runs.
Champa Seth , we need bowlers to have a say in this format too - if ground sizes cannot be increased , make the surface a bit spicy

other than hugely benefitting cricketers financially , I cannot see any merit in this nearly 70 day tournament !!!

Good to see another Jammu & Kashmir player in IPL.
Salam, Samad, Yudhvir getting chances in IPL. Some are riding benches, but the talent is coming through.

Rinku has lost his mojo. Struggling with his timing big time.
He was very good when he played for India. May be lack of enough deliveries at the start of IPL caused loss of rhythm. If they strictly talk about IPL form half the side that got sselected are grosssly out of form.

Look how Natine and salt batted compared to what KL Rahul is doing.

Both Narine and Salt were going at 250 s/r in power play and KL is going at 110s/r.

Don’t always blame the pitch. The batsman’s talent and intent matters a lot. You cannot have timing batsmen who try to save their wicket opening in T20’s.

what kl even thinking why he bat like this 2016 and 2017 those time he bat with more intent

Rahul killed the chase with his horrible timid inning. He has the talent to bat 200s/r. But he will not. His mindset will never allow him to be a good T20 player.

Stoinis and Pooran

Last hope

Indian batsmen generally have been rubbish this IPL

now that this game is all but over , I take your leave - Badoni ukhad lega kya ? 6 maar diya ! 143 from 63

Back