[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Is Mohammad Rizwan currently the world's best batter?

The narrative continues to change. Chalo atleast you acknowledge that he's good at chasing in T20. His highest scores have come batting first btw
No, he'll fail chasing in finals and top sides but he's vlkd at chasing otherwise outside of sena amd india

If someone (coach) is consistently pushing him to improve his game and Rizwan shows the urgency and intent he showed in the previous inning, he'll get a lot better. It's not just a problem of Rizwan but all of our cricketers. They need someone who can push them to keep improving themselves. As soon as a "nice" coach comes along who is satisfied with their game, complacency sets in and decline starts.

If someone (coach) is consistently pushing him to improve his game and Rizwan shows the urgency and intent he showed in the previous inning, he'll get a lot better. It's not just a problem of Rizwan but all of our cricketers. They need someone who can push them to keep improving themselves. As soon as a "nice" coach comes along who is satisfied with their game, complacency sets in and decline starts.
I remember I made a post like this discussing what's actually wrong with our cricket and I highlighted coaching.

What's the point of people like yousaf bowling 20 KPH pies so our players can hit sixes? According to yousaf it's to help improve SR? Okay Mr yousaf, in what world will they ever be bowled to by a 6 year old?

Ridiculous coaching honestly, meanwhile Indian players are getting ragra by being forced to bat on bilo bounce pitches in the nets or extremly sluggish and slow pitches curated so that the main games are halwa for them as those pitches will be easier.

Our Pocket Rocket outshines with most Man of the Match awards, leaving giants behind in T20Is!

Hopefully he will keep playing with such strike rate in world cup too.

xuh1ErI.png

Saved Pak from an embarrassing 3-0 against Ireland no way Ifty azam were chasing 180+ had Rizwan got out early !

In Pakistan's tour of England in 2021, Mohammad Rizwan's strike rate in 3 T20Is as an opener was 138.58. If he opens the innings again in the T20I series against England which starts today, can he lift his strike rate to 140+?

Funny how a troll thread ended up becoming one of the most talked about and serious threads on PP lol.

Rizwan is such a hottopic XD.

How is this clown avoiding criticising today?
Caused he scored a 0, attention is on shadab atm for being the biggest failure of this game.

Also moeen Ali really enjoys bowling to rizzu lol

Any proper bowler wouldnt mind bowling to Rizwan
I'm praising England's tactics. They all knew what they were doing.

1) Butler knew rizwan is a legside hack which is why moeen ali was chosen, moeen ali bowled 3 same deliveries which were low and in the middle knowing full well rizzu would sweep it to leg.

2) they clearly knew how to neutralise Bobby, Bring rashid on and have moeen bowl side by side.

3) For azam it was to bring archer, because azam struggles against short pitch bowling granted Archer got azam out in a different manner but you could clearly see the intent and what Archer was aiming for.

Even for fakhar to neutralise him they had him avoid ateike fir nearly 3 to 4 overs because chacha loves to waste time.

Honestly Butler has really really improved as a captain since 2023. He clearly did his homework for each and every player.

He does a big favour to Pakistan by getting out cheaply when he does
If rizwan stayed then PP wasted. Falhar showed how you play in PP.

It's funny how fakhar batted better then the entire team combined

This thing is getting more and more established that one of these guys, Riz and babar, has to fire. If they fail, team is looking like a sinking boat. Rizwan's runs are getting more and more important now because Saim is a failure, a big failure. Rizwan should fir no matter what. Bring fakhar in if you don't want Usman or babar to open.

Rizwan & Baba by Pak batting standards are Richard’s & bradman (Fakhar is hit & miss) your going to have to accept 170 scores because asking azam & Ifty to make 210+ scores is like asking Argentina cricket team to do the same.. ITS NOT IN THE GENETICS

This thing is getting more and more established that one of these guys, Riz and babar, has to fire. If they fail, team is looking like a sinking boat. Rizwan's runs are getting more and more important now because Saim is a failure, a big failure. Rizwan should fir no matter what. Bring fakhar in if you don't want Usman or babar to open.

Been saying this for years. Babar and Rizwan hide our flaws. It's such an obvious thing. I mean, we failed to play 20 overs folks, wake up!

England rolled us out for 160 with 4 balls remaining in the innings. Add those 4 to the 10 wickets, that's 14 dot balls. Then add atleast a ball for every new batter to test the wicket. Another dot. Plus exposing the tail a bit early, that's 4-5 overs of dots. The ODI equivalent of 'double the score after 30 overs, is the 12 over mark for t20. At 12 overs we were exactly at the halfway mark with 5 wickets. We had a chance but our middle order let us down.

I guess on the positive side we made a score of 160 in 16 overs or so. If we had played out the overs with say 6 down, we could've easily added another 20. Reducing those sort of dot balls is key and I hope the new management recognizes this. Just the extra single and those missing 4 overs could be reduced to 2.

If Fakhar starts opening we open another can of worms, which is, who's going to get the runs in the middle? Why would we want to change the one thing working for us right now. That too right before the world cup. And it's already been tried before and failed proving that Fakhar just performs better in the middle.

Been saying this for years. Babar and Rizwan hide our flaws. It's such an obvious thing. I mean, we failed to play 20 overs folks, wake up!

England rolled us out for 160 with 4 balls remaining in the innings. Add those 4 to the 10 wickets, that's 14 dot balls. Then add atleast a ball for every new batter to test the wicket. Another dot. Plus exposing the tail a bit early, that's 4-5 overs of dots. The ODI equivalent of 'double the score after 30 overs, is the 12 over mark for t20. At 12 overs we were exactly at the halfway mark with 5 wickets. We had a chance but our middle order let us down.

I guess on the positive side we made a score of 160 in 16 overs or so. If we had played out the overs with say 6 down, we could've easily added another 20. Reducing those sort of dot balls is key and I hope the new management recognizes this. Just the extra single and those missing 4 overs could be reduced to 2.

If Fakhar starts opening we open another can of worms, which is, who's going to get the runs in the middle? Why would we want to change the one thing working for us right now. That too right before the world cup. And it's already been tried before and failed proving that Fakhar just performs better in the middle.

Send Bobby in the middle at 4 then, he's your Sher and he's objectively the greatest pakistani batter to have ever lived according to you, so the greatest shouldn't have any problem batting anywhere and functioning just fine

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1616 runs in 30 Test matches with an average of 40.40
  • 2088 runs in 74 ODIs with an average of 40.15
  • 3203 runs in 98 T20Is with an average of 49.27
  • Most sixes by a Pakistani Player in T20Is (89)
On this day in 1992, A start wicket-keeper Batter, Mohammad Rizwan was born. Wishing this amazing player a very happy birthday!

On this day in 1992, A start wicket-keeper Batter, Mohammad Rizwan was born. Wishing this amazing player a very happy birthday!

Much needed fresh air?

Pakistan has gone down hill ever since he became a regular fixture

Most Sixes wow! Superb Riz

Happy birthday to rizwan.

Much needed fresh air?

Pakistan has gone down hill ever since he became a regular fixture
Celebrate his bday, it serves as a countdown to his eventual retirement, from 10 years to 9 years now.

Celebrate his bday, it serves as a countdown to his eventual retirement, from 10 years to 9 years now.
He is superman and Misbah’s successor

He will play officially til he is 50

If the guy can rewrite the history books with fans arguing a 120sr is acceptable in modern day as an opener, he will redefine the age of retirement too by playing until he drops dead.

I cannot consciously wish him happy birthday. I genuinely don’t mean it.

If the guy can rewrite the history books with fans arguing a 120sr is acceptable in modern day as an opener, he will redefine the age of retirement too by playing until he drops dead.

Atleast 1 day closer to his retirement and 1 day closer to the end of your agony 😜

That's kinda an insult to Misbah. Misbah is a horrifcly poor odi player but he made up the atg combo of test with YK and azhar. He isn't as good as yk and azhar but misbah was a decent test player, could defend and score for hours and these 3 made sure Pakistan couldn't be bowled out so either a win or draw.

Misbah is problematic as a a captain and a whiteball player. Lastly misbah sucks at playing pace but he's pretty solid against spin

Rizwan sucks in all categories. He can bash weak bowling and score well against them so credit to him, but him vs quality bowling such as adil rashid is like watching David vs goliath except this time David(adil rashid) is the goliath and the pebble is a giant boulder ready to smash it on rizzu's head

Zimbabwe cricket legend Andy Flower praised Mohammad Rizwan's exceptional leadership in an interview with a sports media outlet:

"Well, he's one of my favorite men in cricket, I've got to say. I loved working with him when he was captain. He is an outstanding individual with very high standards in many ways."

"In the way he plays, in the way he trains, in the way he prepares for matches, and also in the way he organizes his life. He is a very principled man and plays with a big smile on his face. He loves the game and infuses people around him with that energy, which is very much a part of leadership—it's about influencing the people around you."

"He does that in his batting and his keeping, even though he's not keeping at the moment because Azam Khan is."

"You'll see that positive energy and optimism, and he brings that out in all facets. It's wonderful to be part of."

Riz was born on slow sluggish pitches. He will rightfully regain his title of world's best batsman this world cup. :inti

This T20 WC is rigged to favor Rizbar. They love such slow sluggish wickets. There is no pressure to score 220. Tuk tuk supremacy. Pakistan are clear favorites.

While speaking to a local sports channel, Harbhajan Singh named Muhammad Rizwan as the crucial batter for Pakistan in their highly anticipated match against India:

“Rizwan, I feel he is a fantastic player. He is a match-winner in himself. On his day, he is a very destructive player. He is a player who doesn’t play for himself but for the team. I have seen many of his innings, one was against India.”

“Babar Azam’s innings was slightly slow but he (Rizwan) won them the only game they have won against India in the World Cup. He was sitting down and hitting Mohammed Shami towards square leg.”

While speaking to a local sports channel, Harbhajan Singh named Muhammad Rizwan as the crucial batter for Pakistan in their highly anticipated match against India:

“Rizwan, I feel he is a fantastic player. He is a match-winner in himself. On his day, he is a very destructive player. He is a player who doesn’t play for himself but for the team. I have seen many of his innings, one was against India.”

“Babar Azam’s innings was slightly slow but he (Rizwan) won them the only game they have won against India in the World Cup. He was sitting down and hitting Mohammed Shami towards square leg.”
Oh boi, if @Rana bhai sees this 😂.

He has never been able to think straight since Afridi hit him for 4 sixes in a row

Mohammad Rizwan will become the 5th Pakistan batter to play 100 T20Is

Most matches for Pakistan in T20Is

123 – Shoaib Malik
121 – Babar Azam
119 – Mohammad Hafeez
102 – Shadab Khan
100* – Mohammad Rizwan

Can Arshdeep Singh get the wicket of Mohammad Rizwan?

Rizwan has struggled against Left arm pacers in T20WC

Mohammed Rizwan vs LAP in ICC T20WC

11 inns, 121 runs, 6 outs, 20.2 avg, 121 SR

You know it is a sin to play cross batted shot on this pitch yet he plays a leg side hack

Retard

primary reason we lost the match along with Imad

Somebody should sew his mouth shut the next time he wants to give a lecture on how he needs to open.

Soaks up all those balls, gets a life early on then tries to sweep argugably the best fast bowler in the world in the first ball of his spell

Shocking, just shocking

Appalling dismissal. The one day we need his tuk tuk routine and the guy tries a crossbatted hack off Jasprit Bumrah of all people.

Dube already dropped him and there were 2 chop-ons but still didn't take it deep and finish the game.

Appalling dismissal. The one day we need his tuk tuk routine and the guy tries a crossbatted hack off Jasprit Bumrah of all people.

Dube already dropped him and there were 2 chop-ons but still didn't take it deep and finish the game.
The dismissal was criminal.

You block the whole game then decide to take on their best bowler?!?!?!

Needs a beating with a chappal.

The dismissal was criminal.

You block the whole game then decide to take on their best bowler?!?!?!

Needs a beating with a chappal.
Tbh bro, If we are being fair, I think Pant made the difference and the death bowling

Overs 16-20 proved that It was impossible to play but their tail still made 119 from 97-7.

It was just the bowling, Pant and the tail that made the difference. Fakhar we can praise for his aggressive approach but this wicket was not that type of game.

We needed fakhar to go run a ball, Amd both babar and rizwan also needed to go run a ball and anchor. That didn't happen

another bottler . When teams needs you to step up in pressure you go missing

God always has a plan

He could have let Rizwan get out earlier to Bumrah….but he gave him time out there, only to fully expose him.

The way the Almighty works is amazing SubhanAllah

Tbh bro, If we are being fair, I think Pant made the difference and the death bowling

Overs 16-20 proved that It was impossible to play but their tail still made 119 from 97-7.

It was just the bowling, Pant and the tail that made the difference. Fakhar we can praise for his aggressive approach but this wicket was not that type of game.

We needed fakhar to go run a ball, Amd both babar and rizwan also needed to go run a ball and anchor. That didn't happen
Pant fluked an innings tbh

Yeah he fluked it, but it made the difference ultimately
Agreed.

But to fluke you need to try to go big.

Only Fakhar tried to show intent. He failed yeah but Chalo he has to try. Rest of our batsmen were a let down.

I hold primarily Rizwan and Imad responsible for the lack of intent.

Chacha too but he came at 7 damage was done by then but yeah he should have done better.

However Imad and Rizwan batting intent is the worst I've ever seen in a Pakistan shirt.

Imad jogging in a big match essentially a knock out match should also not be excused. Lets see if agendas come to the side today and people are able to call a spade a spade..

In summary for Pant - fortune favours the brave.

Agreed.

But to fluke you need to try to go big.

Only Fakhar tried to show intent. He failed yeah but Chalo he has to try. Rest of our batsmen were a let down.

I hold primarily Rizwan and Imad responsible for the lack of intent.

Chacha too but he came at 7 damage was done by then but yeah he should have done better.

However Imad and Rizwan batting intent is the worst I've ever seen in a Pakistan shirt.

Imad jogging in a big match essentially a knock out match should also not be excused. Lets see if agendas come to the side today and people are able to call a spade a spade..

In summary for Pant - fortune favours the brave.
No one is excusing Imad bro, its just annoying when people like @Major Throw agenda driven posts left and right.

The game is what it is, This game everyone fumbled. They sank as a ship atleast. Everyone equally contributed to the failures of what occurred today.

No one is excusing Imad bro, its just annoying when people like @Major Throw agenda driven posts left and right.

The game is what it is, This game everyone fumbled. They sank as a ship atleast. Everyone equally contributed to the failures of what occurred today.
He is right in a sense. Imad and Amir were hyped to the moon and both lost us games.

He is right in a sense. Imad and Amir were hyped to the moon and both lost us games.
Amir yes, but not imad. Since imad came back he's consistently been the best allrounder over shadab and chacha who have been bottling it left and right. Imad bowling wise has been better and batting wise slightly better but the neesham game was lost because of the way chacha played.

This game was simple. Overs 1 to 6 are hard but sixes can be hit, Overs 7-14 are hard but can manageable. Overs 15-20 is putright impossible and wickets galore.

India went at 6.5 to 7 runs an over till 15 and scammered a 120 from overs 15-20.

No batter be it chacha or imad could do a damn thing from those overs considering Indian tail is lucky to deal with shadab while Pakistan has to deal with Bumrah, Siraj and arshdeep.

Wasim Akram, while speaking to an Indian sports channel, stressed the need for a team overhaul and criticized Rizwan for poor judgment, citing his attempt at a big shot against Bumrah, which resulted in a crucial dismissal:

“They have been playing cricket for 10 years, and I can’t teach them. Rizwan has no game awareness. He should have known that Bumrah was given the ball to take wickets and that the wise thing would have been to play his deliveries cautiously. But Rizwan went for a big shot and lost his wicket.”

Waqar Younis, while speaking to an Indian sports channel, highlighted Rizwan's costly mistake:

"The game was in the hand, it was run-a-ball. That shot from Mohammad Rizwan was very ordinary, and when he played that shot and got out, I knew something special was going to happen because we know Bumrah and Siraj's capabilities."

Wasim Akram, while speaking to an Indian sports channel, stressed the need for a team overhaul and criticized Rizwan for poor judgment, citing his attempt at a big shot against Bumrah, which resulted in a crucial dismissal:

“They have been playing cricket for 10 years, and I can’t teach them. Rizwan has no game awareness. He should have known that Bumrah was given the ball to take wickets and that the wise thing would have been to play his deliveries cautiously. But Rizwan went for a big shot and lost his wicket.”
Yeah it was all rizzu's fault this time. Wasim is on the money here

Pakistan's wicketkeeper-batter Mohammad Rizwan has surpassed Indian captain Rohit Sharma's record for the most 50+ scores as an opener in T20 International cricket.

Most 50+ scores as an opener in T20Is:

Mohammad Rizwan - 30 (71 innings)*
Rohit Sharma - 30 (118 innings)
Babar Azam - 28 (84 innings)
David Warner - 27 (98 innings)

Pakistan's wicketkeeper-batter Mohammad Rizwan has surpassed Indian captain Rohit Sharma's record for the most 50+ scores as an opener in T20 International cricket.

Most 50+ scores as an opener in T20Is:

Mohammad Rizwan - 30 (71 innings)*
Rohit Sharma - 30 (118 innings)
Babar Azam - 28 (84 innings)
David Warner - 27 (98 innings)
MashaAllah Rizwan and Babar head and shoulders above Sharma and Warner in stature

I knew something special was going to happen because we know Bumrah and Siraj's capabilities."

We also know that after RizBar there's no capability in the rest of team and a collapse of epic proportion can happen. Just reading between the lines

We also know that after RizBar there's no capability in the rest of team and a collapse of epic proportion can happen. Just reading between the lines
You know what’s funny is - you take a lot of satisfaction in saying that. It’s almost as if you’re praying they are the only ones in the team to score and everyone else fail.

What happened to supporting the team?

Maybe collapses also happen cos these buffoons play at snail’s pace and want the rest to bail them out.

What happened in the super over against USA?

Last edited by a moderator:
Because your captain keeps selecting shadab, Azam, Chacha in the middle order neither of then being batters and just glorified marketing gimmicks, while fakhar is forced to play in a position not suited to him where every commentator yesterday including waqar younis who once use to support the misbah clause argued why fakhar at 4 is wrong.

Only ramiz raja was doing bhrangra over ba/riz opening.

The only person who's genuinely been very poor is saim, so no excuses their, that doesn't mean you decide to fill the entire middle order with tail enders when established batters are in domestic that are proper MO bats.

I repeat proper mo bats, not bowlers who think they can hold the bat, not sumo wrestlers who are pretending to be batters and not 43 year old uncles pretending to be finishers.

You know what’s funny is - you take a lot of satisfaction in saying that. It’s almost as if you’re praying they are the only ones in the team to score and everyone else fail.

What happened to supporting the team?

Maybe collapses also happen cos these buffoons play at snail’s pace and want the rest to bail them out.

Bro there's no point in this sort of satisfaction, it's somber and not something I would want to take credit for because its just a very obvious problem. We are over reliant on Rizwan and Babar. If they don't perform, we tend to lose. Rizbar and any other 9 players and we would still have the same problem. They will outshine the rest. We can kick them out and see how that fares but overall you have to admit that the other 9 were some of the top performers in the PSL. Pretty much the very best in the country. So they're equally responsible. It's a failure of the system or lack of imo.

As for collapses, it's an age old problem for Pakistan. From being 68/2 to 132 all out against the Aussies in WC 1999 to being 155/2 to 191 all out against India in WC 2023. It's a problem we continue to have. You cannot rely on your top order to play out all the overs, we need substance in the middle. Maybe we should experiment with a floating anchor role. Whenever a collapse is incoming, send in the specialist.

Back