[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Is Mohammad Rizwan currently the world's best batter?

He has gotten lucky that the Multan pitch suits his 120 trundlers. Wait until Multan play outside of their home and then we will see how well he truly marches his troops
yeah waiting for him to play away games now. Will test this team for sure.

The strike rate has become a serious issue for Mohammad Rizwan, I also noticed it during BPL 2024.

Currently, he is playing with a strike rate of 111.11 for Multan Sultans against Karachi Kings in PSL 9.

The strike rate has become a serious issue for Mohammad Rizwan, I also noticed it during BPL 2024.

Currently, he is playing with a strike rate of 111.11 for Multan Sultans against Karachi Kings in PSL 9.
40-ball Fifty for Mohammad Rizwan, his 3rd of this season.

gzlezIw.jpg

Babar has increased his strike rate dont know when Rizwan will make it better he needs to realize in modern day cricket u cant survive on averages only.

A Rizwan 50 and a win.

His followers must be ecstatic.

Babar has increased his strike rate dont know when Rizwan will make it better he needs to realize in modern day cricket u cant survive on averages only.
Today you can basically see what his quality is. run a ball for large parts of the innings. Get a 50 and when its time to really smash the bowlers he is unable to clear the inner circle. Also such an unlikable bloke, I mean the celebration and overacting after getting a tuk tuk 50 on a PSL leauge game.

I don't rate PSL that much tbh.

We'll see how he performs in international but in psl he's being doing decent ish.

Mohammad Rizwan mentioned the ongoing deliberations and uncertainty surrounding the fifth batting spot during an interview with local sports media:

"In our minds, our team is very strong. Still, I can say that the captain and selection committee are still pondering over players for the fourth, fifth and sixth batting spot. I think there is still a shadow over the fifth batting spot, regarding who will fill that position. But I think our Pakistan team is looking very strong."

Mohammad Rizwan mentioned the ongoing deliberations and uncertainty surrounding the fifth batting spot during an interview with local sports media:

"In our minds, our team is very strong. Still, I can say that the captain and selection committee are still pondering over players for the fourth, fifth and sixth batting spot. I think there is still a shadow over the fifth batting spot, regarding who will fill that position. But I think our Pakistan team is looking very strong."
Right, and our management isn’t pondering over our opening spot with you in it?

"In our minds, our team is very strong."
Pak got trashed in all the formats in last 6 months and he comes with gems like this.No body is questioning the cricketers anymore in the press meets.

As Rizwan mentioned, IN HIS MIND WE ARE STRONG. So they are strong in their minds only but on the field, they got thrashed by Australia, and New Zealand, etc etc in the last few months.

Record Alert ⚠

Mohammad Rizwan just need 19 more runs to become the fist wicket keeper batter to complete 3000 runs.

Lol... Cut him some slack on Eid🤣
Not a chance.

I’ve seen this stat being thrown around on social media and people getting ready for a big cake celebration

Not on my watch!

Rizwan has scored 2981 runs having faced 2337 balls. A good percentage of them in the powerplay, and that too against under strength sides.

That’s 390 overs faced for 2981 runs. Which makes it 7.64 runs per overs scored by this man.

Times that by 20…it means he is giving the input of someone capable pushing his team to 155 runs in 20 overs…as a T20 opener.

Of course, we will have no shame celebrating his 3000 runs as a wicket keeper opener

Pakistan’s wicket-keeper batter Mohammad Rizwan is close to breaking a significant T20I record, currently held by teammate Babar Azam and Indian star batter Virat Kohli, during the upcoming New Zealand series.

Kohli and Azam are the joint-fastest to score 3000 runs in T20I cricket, taking 81 innings each, followed by Australia’s Aaoron Finch who took 98 innings.

However, Rizwan needs only 19 runs in his next two innings to become the fastest to reach the milestone. He has scored 2,981 runs in 78 innings so far.

Mohammad Rizwan leading with reliability in t20 batting holding the record for most minutes at the crease

1713303277363.png

But he really needs to hike up his strike rate if he wants to be in the list of greats.
I’m just joking of course, he’s definitely not the best batsmen in the world.

His T20 SR is too low. In ODIs, he’s one of our best performing players ever in tournaments and in Tests he’s our best performing WK ever in overseas conditions.

3733 minutes at the crease with a 100-125 strike rate

No wonder Pakistan sold its rights for $99k for the New Zealand series

Mohammad Rizwan leading with reliability in t20 batting holding the record for most minutes at the crease

View attachment 143236
One thing I do respect about Rizwan is he is such an awful player that we have to create new metrics in order to justify his place in the team.

Anyway no surprise their considering Rizwan extends the length of an innings by minimum 15 minutes through his childish antics

These stats show that riz is pretty good at wasting time at the crease. Whether he plays more balls or may it be his injury comics, Rizwan is good at it.

3733 minutes at the crease with a 100-125 strike rate

No wonder Pakistan sold its rights for $99k for the New Zealand series
do you not like him as a white ball player or do you not rate him overall. He was quite decent in the Aus test tour, and one can't deny that he is a tidy keeper.

do you not like him as a white ball player or do you not rate him overall. He was quite decent in the Aus test tour, and one can't deny that he is a tidy keeper.
No real issues with him in Test cricket. You can’t fraud people in this format. He plays in his position in that format and is a good keeper.

I don’t mind him in ODI either as long as he keeps his mouth shut and bats at 6/7, and let Pakistan pick a proper middle order of technically correct players. Saud and Agha batting at 5 and 6 whilst Rizwan batting at 4 is a farce! He got this position because he sulked in the media and has a lot of sway with the captain and management.

In T20s, the guy is a MAJOR liability and is holding back the team massively. I can’t see him realistically fit in any batting position. Pathetic T20 opener and he won’t really be able to fulfil any other role. Maybe number 7 but then again there are far more talented, attacking keeper batsmen in Pakistan who can do that role better.

Then again, who cares what I think? It’s your team. Not mines.

No real issues with him in Test cricket. You can’t fraud people in this format. He plays in his position in that format and is a good keeper.

I don’t mind him in ODI either as long as he keeps his mouth shut and bats at 6/7, and let Pakistan pick a proper middle order of technically correct players. Saud and Agha batting at 5 and 6 whilst Rizwan batting at 4 is a farce! He got this position because he sulked in the media and has a lot of sway with the captain and management.

In T20s, the guy is a MAJOR liability and is holding back the team massively. I can’t see him realistically fit in any batting position. Pathetic T20 opener and he won’t really be able to fulfil any other role. Maybe number 7 but then again there are far more talented, attacking keeper batsmen in Pakistan who can do that role better.

I have a question, (BTW I disagree with it because it takes away the idea of opening being aggressive and utilising the powerplay)

What do you think of rizwan being an odi opener? A few fans have wanted him at opening ideally in odi, claiming that odi is a longer format and rizwan loves taking his time. And if quinton can do it rizwan can too.

^^ Also no the final line is not made up 💀. I'm dead serious someone compared him to quinton, I just forgot who, but I remember it was during the World cup after Sri lanka game where I had an argument with someone who claimed rizwan was top 3 bats in the world.

I have a question, (BTW I disagree with it because it takes away the idea of opening being aggressive and utilising the powerplay)

What do you think of rizwan being an odi opener? A few fans have wanted him at opening ideally in odi, claiming that odi is a longer format and rizwan loves taking his time. And if quinton can do it rizwan can too.

^^ Also no the final line is not made up 💀. I'm dead serious someone compared him to quinton, I just forgot who, but I remember it was during the World cup after Sri lanka game where I had an argument with someone who claimed rizwan was top 3 bats in the world.
He will just eat up dots and set a negative tone as an opener tbh bro. ODI cricket isn’t anywhere near as difficult as it used to be, but there are still some challenges…

For instance, the two new balls means that a good opening pair of bowlers can bowl a sustained length of opening bowling spells with 2-3 slips with a rhythm. You won’t see 2 or 3 bowling changes in the first 6 overs like you do in T20. A good seamer will bowl his best balls by the 3rd over of an innings and be a big wicket taking threat by the 4-6th over of his opening spell.

Considering the opposition is not Zimbabwe or Bangladesh, and knowing Rizwan, he won’t throw his wicket away but, he will just let bowlers bowl on a length outside off, fish at some balls, might knick off on one, play the odd straight drive, swipe at a few, jump up and down against the back of the length 5th stump line ball, wrap a few on his pads…I mean, he won’t be anything special as an opener. Pakistan again will be setting up for 50 at most in the first 10 overs. If that’s the way you want to go, then by all means go for it.

He will just eat up dots and set a negative tone as an opener tbh bro. ODI cricket isn’t anywhere near as difficult as it used to be, but there are still some challenges…

For instance, the two new balls means that a good opening pair of bowlers can bowl a sustained length of opening bowling spells with 2-3 slips with a rhythm. You won’t see 2 or 3 bowling changes in the first 6 overs like you do in T20. A good seamer will bowl his best balls by the 3rd over of an innings and be a big wicket taking threat by the 4-6th over of his opening spell.

Considering the opposition is not Zimbabwe or Bangladesh, and knowing Rizwan, he won’t throw his wicket away but, he will just let bowlers bowl on a length outside off, fish at some balls, might knick off on one, play the odd straight drive, swipe at a few, jump up and down against the back of the length 5th stump line ball, wrap a few on his pads…I mean, he won’t be anything special as an opener. Pakistan again will be setting up for 50 at most in the first 10 overs. If that’s the way you want to go, then by all means go for it.
Well as Rizwan says, he uses a special bat for odi a magic no 4 bat

fair points. although don't see him being able to play #7 in ODIS. Max he can go is #5 after that he will become a liability.

fair points. although don't see him being able to play #7 in ODIS. Max he can go is #5 after that he will become a liability.
6 is fine

His Test position

The problem is, the guy is too greedy. He wants to hog the limelight and spend as much time as he can in the middle instead of actually playing for the team.

Considering the opposition is not Zimbabwe or Bangladesh, and knowing Rizwan, he won’t throw his wicket away but, he will just let bowlers bowl on a length outside off, fish at some balls, might knick off on one, play the odd straight drive, swipe at a few, jump up and down against the back of the length 5th stump line ball, wrap a few on his pads…I mean, he won’t be anything special as an opener. Pakistan again will be
How you feel about Riz in t20is is how I feel about Imam in ODIS. He is a complete farce, makes soft runs and talks about his inflated average.

I feel Saud Shakeel would make a good ODI opener, wish someone would try it out.

How you feel about Riz in t20is is how I feel about Imam in ODIS. He is a complete farce, makes soft runs and talks about his inflated average.

I feel Saud Shakeel would make a good ODI opener, wish someone would try it out.
Why not Saim and Fakhar? Saim has a solid List A record as well.

Imam is done now I think. He’s become overweight, and even more timid. Hasn’t developed his shot range at all. CWC27 is on tracks where you need fit, nimble and quick hand openers against pace especially. There are lots of runs to be made as long as you are ready to take the game on. Saim should be replacing Imam and we have to hope Fakhar can give us one more World Cup, but he will start declining soon.

Really don't like this culture of celebrating individual milestones. Especially when team has been handed a drubbing.

It is one thing to do an acknowledgement in a team meeting as motivational fuel. But social media posts and cake ceremonies are not only cringy but send wrong message

Man these boys love their cake. Look at how they all jumped at it, even Amir, eating it with their hands lol

On a side note I think it puts to rest the Shaheen vs Babar captaincy debate. Looks like Rizwan is the reason they're united. Thank God we didn't have a public feud
He's the Bradman of t20 cricket after all. Knowing you, I'm suprised you haven't gotten offended at me mocking that statement and made some nonsense reply on how rizwan is even better then Bradman.

He's the Bradman of t20 cricket after all. Knowing you, I'm suprised you haven't gotten offended at me mocking that statement and made some nonsense reply on how rizwan is even better then Bradman.
Bradman averages 99 in Tests and 0 in T20i

Rizwan strikes at 127 in T20i

Who is better in your opinion?

Bradman averages 99 in Tests and 0 in T20i

Rizwan strikes at 127 in T20i

Who is better in your opinion?
Tbf, Bradman played in an era that barely has any footage and we don't know anything, His 99Avg is basically always in question if it was a product of its time, or if he truly was the god of cricket.

But the reason the Bradman statement is so insulting for me, is that Bradman was the best player of his era by miles, No question, their wasn't anyone close to him. And since Bradman we've never had that.

For Sachin he was overall the best but jaysuria, Gilchrist etc when on song were more impactful, Sangakara also was slightly superior in test.

For viv, People still make arguments for sunny gavaskar and zaheer abass and denis lillie etc.

Same with kohli where he's overall the best but his impact is compared to de villers or rohit or quinton etc.

Since Bradman their hasn't been a player who is objectively and I repeat objectively superior in all departments head and shoulders > the rest with zero arguments made for it.

So shaheen is basically saying rizwan is the best t20 batsmen in the world in all departments and no one is close to him, He's the best striker, best avg, Best shots, Best win rate and overall he's untouchable compared to everyone else.

It's beyond beyond insulting

Other than the fact both their names end with "an" i don't see any similarity between Bradman and Rizwan. This comparison going to haunt Rizwan more than Shaheen. Was this written by Shaheen's PR management? Any chance PR is managed for the both by the same company? Even popular India new sources have picked up on this. HT,TOI, NDTV. They sure got the attention they wanted. For them any publicity is a good publicity.

Record Alert:

Mohammad Rizwan is the fastest to reach 3000 T20I runs. He achieved this milestone during the 2nd T20I against New Zealand in Rawalpindi
Ahead of the National cricket team tour of Ireland, England and the ICC T20I World Cup 2024. Mohsin Naqvi presented special green shirt to Mohammad Rizwan for completing 3000 T20I runs.

qPc9nBI.png

There is no point in having Rizwan as a fielder in the team, if he is in the playing 11, utilize him as a keeper.. so you can add in a proper batter in place of Azam Khan who is just a league bully.

After a poor patch of form, Rizwan is getting his rhythm back, batting with a decent strike rate of 175. It would be fair to say that he is a natural T20I opening batter.

Rizwan demonstrating it was wrong to separate him and Babar at the top for a lappebaaz like Saim.

wow Rizwan is it u playing with 150+ SR while chasing? lol

Joke aside, he is genuinely playing a perfect knock specially considering we lost our openers right at the beginning. Hoping for his century tonight!

Rizwan demonstrating it was wrong to separate him and Babar at the top for a lappebaaz like Saim.
No? This game demonstrated that rizwan and fakhar should open while chasing.

Where on earth did babar come from? Why on earth should babar who's been averaging 17 overseas for the past 2 years play as an opener.

wow Rizwan is it u playing with 150+ SR while chasing? lol

Joke aside, he is genuinely playing a perfect knock specially considering we lost our openers right at the beginning. Hoping for his century tonight!
He was on a mission from the very first ball he faced today and then played aggressively throughout his innings today. Something he has done many times in the past as well, but posters here so conveniently ignore all these facts and just continue to hate him.

He's been the best wicket-keeper batsman for ages. Great player in all three formats. He really should be opening in ODIs.

My new DP for everything

Is he auditioning for Mission Imposible 6
Too bad Sarfaraz won't be auditioning for the Pakistan cricket team ever again. My condolences.

If Rizwan plays more like this innings, then their shouldn't be any problems with his position.

If can maintain a 140/150+ SR, then no problem. But if he plays at 120 SR, then it is a problem for the team.

If Rizwan plays more like this innings, then their shouldn't be any problems with his position.

If can maintain a 140/150+ SR, then no problem. But if he plays at 120 SR, then it is a problem for the team.
yeah only issue with rizwan is that he never carry on playing with such strike rate after 1 or 2 game game.. u will see in the next game now he wont cross SR of 120 now.

yeah only issue with rizwan is that he never carry on playing with such strike rate after 1 or 2 game game.. u will see in the next game now he wont cross SR of 120 now.
It's because he's limited. Plus people are forgetting the boundaries are tiny with 115kph pacers.

It goes to show how poor of a team Pakistan really is.

England will be a massacre.

I think it is the latter.
Your thought process involves thinking that

- Azam Khan is > Sarfraz
- Rizwan is the greatest cricketer to never win a world cup
- Chacha is the best finisher to represent Pakistan
- Misbah defeated the strongest prime Indian team in history

Considering this your judgments and conclusions are baseless

Murshad Bradman has always been the key to our successful highscoring chases. It's his12th Man of the Match award in T20Is (highest among Pak cricketers) yet some believe he's not a t20 player 😂😂

Murshad Bradman has always been the key to our successful highscoring chases. It's his12th Man of the Match award in T20Is (highest among Pak cricketers) yet some believe he's not a t20 player 😂😂
T20 chaser. Horrible at batting first. Basically South Africa in reverse.

T20 chaser. Horrible at batting first. Basically South Africa in reverse.

The narrative continues to change. Chalo atleast you acknowledge that he's good at chasing in T20. His highest scores have come batting first btw

This guy always comes up with a special knock and saves his spot in the team whenever people are bashing him for his form. Even I was not in favor of playing him in the 1st 2 games but I guess, Rizwan is here to stay. He looked quite changed, was attacking from ball number 1 and swinging his bat hard. I guess he should keep up with this approach.

Back