[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Is Mohammad Rizwan currently the world's best batter?

Didn't like the fact that he went off the field as if he had hit 180

There was a job to do and he didn't finish it, this is a fact.

Well played but could have done much better.

Just re watched that part, you got a good point and I sensed that too.

I don't like that attitude of his at all.

andhon main kaana raaja stuff. when everyone else just score 30 35, the guy scoring 80 will start thinking of his knock as something big and that's how complacency creeps in our culture.

Credit where it's due

Rizwan did not slow down for his milestone.

Could have easily gone in some shell but kept on the attack.

He played a brilliant inning and that's all you have to say about him , unbelievable. Some people are never happy.

He played a brilliant inning and that's all you have to say about him , unbelievable. Some people are never happy.
It is not about happiness, it is about the attitude of a player. Has he scored a 150? nope. Has he scored 100? no. So why do such gestures like he has achieved a milestone?
He did a brilliant job and took Pakistan out of danger of being bundled out for 100 but he should be unhappy the way he missed his century.

Not sure how much of my posts you follow (not that you should lol) but I am one of the biggest supporters of Rizwan!

But that does not mean we should absolve him of all criticism.

It is not about happiness, it is about the attitude of a player. Has he scored a 150? nope. Has he scored 100? no. So why do such gestures like he has achieved a milestone?
He did a brilliant job and took Pakistan out of danger of being bundled out for 100 but he should be unhappy the way he missed his century.

I think given his form he probably should have batted ahead of Babar?

Didn't watch him bat but looking at the sad scorecard his innings seems to be very very good. Can't believe people wanted him to be dropped.

He batted beautifully and should have scored a hundred but the way he got out was very unfortunate.

He was dropped from test team for just one or two failures, but people like abdullah shafique, shan masood, fahim and saud never gets dropped even though they don't have a single significant performance. His best of the years are already wasted because of sarfaraz. Rizwan can solely enter the team on merit just as a batsman.

Poor innings tbh. The pitch had flatten out and the Aussies looked under the weather

A decent batsmen would have capitalised on their start and scored a big daddy hundred. Mohammad Rizwan on the other hand is satisfied with lousy 80s

Sarfraz and Faheem careers should be ended now internationally. Let others take their turn.

The competition should continue. Complacency is the biggest disease for our players. Rizwan had started to lose his way in tests but he was dropped for a few games, Sarfaraz performed and Rizwan now had a point to prove.

That's what healthy competition does. It benifits the team ultimately.

Rizwan continues to defy his critics. Every expert now asking the same.

Why was Sarfaraz picked in the first Test?

Rizwan continues to defy his critics. Every expert now asking the same.

Why was Sarfaraz picked in the first Test?
I am Riz fan but Sarfi deserved his selection for the 1st test because he had scored a 100 only 3 tests earlier.

Superb innings, Mohammad Rizwan...!!!

Scoring 88 runs off 103 balls in first innings for Pakistan in 3rd Test against Australia, Rizwan's counterattacking knock came at a crucial juncture for Pakistan. Once again, he proved himself as the crisis man.

I am Riz fan but Sarfi deserved his selection for the 1st test because he had scored a 100 only 3 tests earlier.
Feel the same.

Though kind of side to the argument that Rizwan never should have been dropped. He averaged 30 for one year. Sarfraz did that for four years before getting dropped.

I have a feeling this was management’s way of trying to rest Rizwan though.

Feel the same.

Though kind of side to the argument that Rizwan never should have been dropped. He averaged 30 for one year. Sarfraz did that for four years before getting dropped.

I have a feeling this was management’s way of trying to rest Rizwan though.
Riz had lots of soft dismissals. Sarfi keeps Riz concentrating and PK benefits. Keep both in the squad and use each of them as a fear and motivation.

Riz had lots of soft dismissals. Sarfi keeps Riz concentrating and PK benefits. Keep both in the squad and use each of them as a fear and motivation.
Riz has no competition in white ball cricket but that doesn’t stop him getting better and better every year.

I’m sure enough motivation comes from the small minority of outspoken “fans” who know nothing about cricket and don’t appreciate Rizwan as they are unable to see in their tiny minds what he brings to this side.

Rizwan has done his part in winding these people up but he is surely also aware that they are waiting for him to fail so they can pounce…just like these fans are doing to Babar at the moment.

Riz has no competition in white ball cricket but that doesn’t stop him getting better and better every year.

I’m sure enough motivation comes from the small minority of outspoken “fans” who know nothing about cricket and don’t appreciate Rizwan as they are unable to see in their tiny minds what he brings to this side.

Rizwan has done his part in winding these people up but he is surely also aware that they are waiting for him to fail so they can pounce…just like these fans are doing to Babar at the moment.
Our WKs fall away when the next guy isn't a viable alternative. Sarfi atm is and Riz has to perform.

Credit where it's due

Rizwan did not slow down for his milestone.

Could have easily gone in some shell but kept on the attack.
Might have worked out better for the team had he calmed down a little bit. His eye was in Aus were defensive, so it's not like him coming in early and being a chancer by counterattacking.
I'm his biggest fan and it's laughable that Sarfaraz was put ahead of this guy, but I was disappointed with how he got out today

World ' s best batter is a big exaggeration, may be he is Pakistan's best batter

Credit where it's due.

He took the Aussie bowlers on and it worked.

He's proved that he is an all-format batter.

Mohammad Rizwan in Test matches in Australia:

Innings 7
Runs 342
Average 48.85
Fifties 2

He was dropped from test team for just one or two failures, but people like abdullah shafique, shan masood, fahim and saud never gets dropped even though they don't have a single significant performance. His best of the years are already wasted because of sarfaraz. Rizwan can solely enter the team on merit just as a batsman.

Abdullah Shafique in the last Test series scored a double ton. Helped Pakistan win with an epic chase of 340+ vs SL on day 5 and scored an unbeaten 160. 96 vs Australia at home to draw a losing Test match. It's not the Test format but he also scored a century in a WC and helped Pakistan break the record for the highest WC chase.

It's only been a couple of seasons but he's already produced this many epic knocks in such a short period of time.

As for Rizwan, I said it before and it was quite clear he needed to play over Sarfraz. Sarfraz is old, can't handle pace and is horrible as a WK. He has proven over his career and in his peak that he couldn't play in SENA conditions. Expecting him to do it now at the age of 37 is extremely foolish and it provided yet again. Rizwan meanwhile has performed best in SENA conditions because he is much more suited to playing on pacey wickets than spinning tracks. Rizwan is at his peak and performing better than any wicket keepers in Pakistan history (says more about Pakistan's woeful history with wicketkeepers than Rizwan but still) and yet people still question him.

Rizwan always keeps well.

This is nothing new for the greatest WK batsman ever produced by Pakistan.

Why no body is talking about this gem of a review from Rizwan. Apart from his batting, he has done a superb job in the wicket-keeping department as well. This review can change the game beacuse Usman Khawaja was playing nicely.

View attachment 140988View attachment 140989
Because Rizwan has an awful track record with reviews. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Other than that he’s a fantastic cricketer

Mohammad Rizwan has been good in the series against Australia. Dropped from the 1st test match but came back in the 2nd test to make his mark. He is the top scorer for Pakistan with 193 runs in 2 test matches. Good outing for him in Australian condition.

A very mentally weak player.

It’s time to look to the future. He had a go, got his turn. Nothing achieved, move on.
Finally some sanity here

The longer Rizwan pollutes this team, the further Pakistan cricket will spiral

I don't we need to look into the future yet however rather we need to bring back our best keeper, that being Sarfraz till at least the 2027 world cup. Groom Azam in the meantime and when Saifi is finally ready to hang the boots he can come in guns blazing

He’s officially our best batsman across all formats now currently. Outperforming Babar in every format right now.

Think Babar will take his crown back. But for now, Rizwan has the title.

Rizwan being the world's best batsman, don't you know the cricketers Virat Kohli, Kane Williamson Joe Root etc etc all play cricket , foolishness has no limits

Abdullah Shafique in the last Test series scored a double ton. Helped Pakistan win with an epic chase of 340+ vs SL on day 5 and scored an unbeaten 160. 96 vs Australia at home to draw a losing Test match. It's not the Test format but he also scored a century in a WC and helped Pakistan break the record for the highest WC chase.

It's only been a couple of seasons but he's already produced this many epic knocks in such a short period of time.

As for Rizwan, I said it before and it was quite clear he needed to play over Sarfraz. Sarfraz is old, can't handle pace and is horrible as a WK. He has proven over his career and in his peak that he couldn't play in SENA conditions. Expecting him to do it now at the age of 37 is extremely foolish and it provided yet again. Rizwan meanwhile has performed best in SENA conditions because he is much more suited to playing on pacey wickets than spinning tracks. Rizwan is at his peak and performing better than any wicket keepers in Pakistan history (says more about Pakistan's woeful history with wicketkeepers than Rizwan but still) and yet people still question him.
Abdullah is still a quality batter he just played poor shots baring 1 or 2 dismisals.

A very mentally weak player.

It’s time to look to the future. He had a go, got his turn. Nothing achieved, move on.
A mentality weak player would not be able to acheive 45+ plus after getting dropped.

He is without a doubt a quality player and on his way to become Pakistan's best ever keeper batsman. If he can maintain his good run for a couple of years more, he will have enough sample to get into Pakistan all time Test XI as keeper spot.

Rizwan being the world's best batsman, don't you know the cricketers Virat Kohli, Kane Williamson Joe Root etc etc all play cricket , foolishness has no limits
The guy who made this thread made it as a joke. He doesn’t even rate Rizwan that highly let alone best batsman. No fans of Rizwan really think he’s the best.

The guy who made this thread made it as a joke. He doesn’t even rate Rizwan that highly let alone best batsman. No fans of Rizwan really think he’s the best.
Yeah the guy who made this thread is quite young. He has said previously that he was trolling the forum which is a bit annoying but yeah, he’s just a kid.

Nobody thinks Rizwan is the worlds best batter. Mods should probably rename the title so that topic isn’t pointlessly debated.

My point is very simple, when you’re doing well, you have to have to capitalise and make it count. Yes he had a better series than some others with the bat, but an 80 here and a random score there doesn’t cut it.

Every team in every series will have players in form, out of form etc. if you are the one in form, it’s your job to make it count with big 100s, that’s what wins matches. Seems he just either have a very high ceiling, or just bottles it when something’s at stake.

Which comes down to limited ability or mental weakness. Take your pick

Mohammad Rizwan is on the move in the ICC rankings.

-----------------------------------------------

Mohammad Rizwan's knocks of 88 and 28 in the third Test against Australia at Sydney during a 3-Test match series meant a 10-spot jump to 17th in the ICC Test Batters Rankings.

ICC

Mohammad Rizwan is on the move in the ICC rankings.

-----------------------------------------------

Mohammad Rizwan's knocks of 88 and 28 in the third Test against Australia at Sydney during a 3-Test match series meant a 10-spot jump to 17th in the ICC Test Batters Rankings.

ICC
He is establishing himself as a very good Test player after T20 cricket.

He is establishing himself as a very good Test player after T20 cricket.
He is establishing himself as a very good player full stop.

There isn’t that much more to add here.

He top scored in the ODI World Cup, Aus test series, PSL, t20’s….

And scoring runs isn’t even his primary job.

Mohammad Rizwan is the greatest wicketkeeper ever produced by Pakistan and one of the few world class players we have in the team today.

Rizwan's rise is something we have not seen before from any Pakistan player. He reinvented his game in the t20s and look where he is now. Probably the most improved cricketer in recent times.

He is establishing himself as a very good player full stop.

There isn’t that much more to add here.

He top scored in the ODI World Cup, Aus test series, PSL, t20’s….

And scoring runs isn’t even his primary job.

Mohammad Rizwan is the greatest wicketkeeper ever produced by Pakistan and one of the few world class players we have in the team today.
Yes Indeed!

I honestly rate him even above Babar because he is the one who is consistently performing in major events for Pakistan.

Opposition teams see Rizwan as our danger man. You can see it in their celebrations when he's gotten out.

Babar azam has not worked anywhere near as hard as Rizwan has on his game, which is a shame because he's one of the most gifted batsmen we've ever produced. He will never have a power game either because clearly the guy doesn't believe in lifting weights.

Rizwan is Pakistan's best batter atm for sure. If anybody is having a doubt about it, he should watch the stats again. Rizwan has improved so much that even the greatest batter of Pakistan in recent times, Babar Azam, seems to be a no-match for him now.

Rizwan slaps one over the fence for 6. Today he went at a sr of 179. Perhaps trying to prove that he is worthy opening

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-12 at 12.21.43_05c8bac4.jpg

Babar put a whole load of pressure on Rizwan and caused him to hole out today.

Had it been Fakhar at the other end, Rizwan may not have felt the need to force the issue.

A 70-80 run innings from Rizwan could easily have sealed the chase for Pakistan today as it has done so many times in the past.

I always read the title of this thread to cure my depression. Although OP made it sarcastically it’s hilarious to think some people rate Rizwan as a world class batsmen when he isn’t even the best wicket keeper out of Peshawar

Mohd Rizwan has been "revered" in Pakistani cricketing circles for his so called "greatness" in the last few years. However, this should not be the case.

Using his ODI average (40.5) and comparing it vs the Big 5 (AUS, ENG, IND, NZ, SA) (34) , we can see that he there is a great disparity in terms of his performances on the big stage. Most modern day greats like Kohli, Warner, Buttler and Sarfaraz are known to rise to the occasion and bring their A game for such matchups. Rather than bring his A game, Rizwan decides he wants to play for Pakistan A team and plays often a baseless knock of 30 or so runs. And don't bring up the topic of his lackluster SR.

Not only is his own batting perpetually damaged, he puts undue stress on his partners at the crease and leads them to getting out. And SR is not only an issue in ODIs, it has also been a bane for him in T20s. Him and Babar opening the batting, leads to stress on our middle order and mediocre scores or chases that have a lot more to be desired.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always read the title of this thread to cure my depression. Although OP made it sarcastically it’s hilarious to think some people rate Rizwan as a world class batsmen when he isn’t even the best wicket keeper out of Peshawar
He is miles ahead of any keeper in pakistan.
Anyone who thinks differently is delusional.

Rizwan is one short after he tries running without his bat :ROFLMAO:

IUKN2na.png

Shouldn’t be opening . Waste of powerplay . Fakhar can’t score well at 4 , they should switch positions

Shouldn’t be opening . Waste of powerplay . Fakhar can’t score well at 4 , they should switch positions
It’s worth a try.

He has been disappointing in this series. Babar has rediscovered his touch but Rizwan has lost his.

38 ball 50 for RIzwan in the 4th T20I of the series against New Zealand. Some runs for him but he needs to go big now.

Why does it always feel like he slows down after getting started? I also dont like his antics or personality. Seems desperate to be friends with everyone.

Rizwan is the best T20 batsman and Shaheen Afridi is the best bowler in the world they are the captain and vice captain both clearly leading from the front in this series of phainty.

:bobs

Back