[PICTURES] Who will win the ICC T20 World Cup 2024?

Which side will win the ICC T20 World Cup 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Who will win the ICC T20 World Cup 2024?

*West Indies squad

Rovman Powell (c), Alzarri Joseph, Johnson Charles, Roston Chase, Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder, Shai Hope, Akeal Hossain, Shamar Joseph, Brandon King, Gudakesh Motie, Nicholas Pooran, Andre Russell, Sherfane Rutherford, Romario Shepherd

*India Squad

Rohit Sharma (c), Hardik Pandya (vc), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant (wk), Sanju Samson (wk), Shivam Dube, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Arshdeep Singh, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Siraj

*New Zealand Squad

Kane Williamson (C), Finn Allen, Trent Boult, Michael Bracewell,Mark Chapman, Devon Conway, Lockie Ferguson, Matt Henry, Daryl Mitchell, Jimmy Neesham, Glenn Phillips, Rachin Ravindra, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee

*Australia Squad

Mitchell Marsh (c), Ashton Agar, Pat Cummins, Tim David, Nathan Ellis, Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa

*England Squad

Jos Buttler Captain, Moeen Ali, Jofra Archer, Jonathan Bairstow, Harry Brook, Sam Curran, Ben Duckett, Tom Hartley, Will Jacks, Chris Jordan, Liam Livingstone, Adil Rashid, Phil Salt, Reece Topley, Mark Wood

*South Africa squad

Aiden Markram (captain), Ottniel Baartman, Gerald Coetzee, Quinton de KocK, Bjorn Fortuin, Reeza Hendricks, Marco Jansen, Heinrich Klaasen, Keshav Maharaj, David Miller, Anrich Nortje, Kagiso Rabada, Ryan Rickelton, Tabraiz Shamsi and Tristan Stubbs.

*Afghanistan Squad

Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wk), Ibrahim Zadran, Azmatullah Omarzai, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Ishaq, Mohammad Nabi, Gulbadin Naib, Karim Janat, Rashid Khan (c), Nangyal Kharoti, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Noor Ahmad, Naveen-ul-Haq, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Fareed Ahmad Malik

*Pakistan Squad yet to be announced

*Bangladesh Squad yet to be announced

* Sri Lanka Squad yet to be announced

Changes could still be made in these squads but who do you fancy as the next champions?

Who will win the ICC T20 World Cup 2024?

*West Indies squad

Rovman Powell (c), Alzarri Joseph, Johnson Charles, Roston Chase, Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder, Shai Hope, Akeal Hossain, Shamar Joseph, Brandon King, Gudakesh Motie, Nicholas Pooran, Andre Russell, Sherfane Rutherford, Romario Shepherd

*India Squad

Rohit Sharma (c), Hardik Pandya (vc), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant (wk), Sanju Samson (wk), Shivam Dube, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Arshdeep Singh, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Siraj

*New Zealand Squad

Kane Williamson (C), Finn Allen, Trent Boult, Michael Bracewell,Mark Chapman, Devon Conway, Lockie Ferguson, Matt Henry, Daryl Mitchell, Jimmy Neesham, Glenn Phillips, Rachin Ravindra, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee

*Australia squad

Mitchell Marsh (c), Ashton Agar, Pat Cummins, Tim David, Nathan Ellis, Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa

*England Squad

Jos Buttler Captain, Moeen Ali, Jofra Archer, Jonathan Bairstow, Harry Brook, Sam Curran, Ben Duckett, Tom Hartley, Will Jacks, Chris Jordan, Liam Livingstone, Adil Rashid, Phil Salt, Reece Topley, Mark Wood

*Afghanistan Squad

Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wk), Ibrahim Zadran, Azmatullah Omarzai, Najibullah Zadran, Mohammad Ishaq, Mohammad Nabi, Gulbadin Naib, Karim Janat, Rashid Khan (c), Nangyal Kharoti, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Noor Ahmad, Naveen-ul-Haq, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Fareed Ahmad Malik

*Pakistan Squad yet to be announced

*Bangladesh Squad yet to be announced

* Sri Lanka Squad yet to be announced

Changes could still be made in these squads but who do you fancy as the next champions?
Looks like the ICC are releasing the squads in accordance to rankings order

World Cup is Australia’s to lose followed by England. Their players play to win championships, are selfless and have mental toughness. India players are mostly (not all) are exact opposite. Kohli, Rohit and Dravid deserve to be sent home packing with tails between their legs. What a shambolic selection from India.

I think Australia is on hell of a team going into this tournament. It is going to be difficult to get past them. Windies have a habit of doing well in this format as well. cannot ignore them.

They are literally fighting demons within even against a team like Netherlands

Yes. That is why they probably needed RVD. He is a bit more tough mentally. This QDK is one of the biggest choker with all the talent at his disposal.

I dont think SA is going to win this win. With all the talent and spark, they lack winning mentality when it comes to knockout games.

They may not win the whole thing. But they will spoil the party for a few teams.
Yep India and Pakistan would be on their hit list. Especially India as they eliminated them back in 2016 and 2009 if I am not wrong.

Gotta be Pakistan . The most talented bowling attack for the 3rd time in a row.

Shaheen have became a trundler
Haris Rauf coming after an injury and if he losses his pace then he is far worse than hassan ali
Amir is an oldie now, can't expect him to do CT17 final again
Naseem I agree is quite good.

Pakistan has all the things covered I think. The bowling looks good overall. Shadab is very important for this team. Batting has been a start-stop kind of thing but not like we have not seen this before. Pakistan batters have always been like this. They just have to click at the right time to make a mark. Fielding needs to do well Really. We have lost knockouts in the past just because we fielded the worst.

Pakistan has all the things covered I think. The bowling looks good overall. Shadab is very important for this team. Batting has been a start-stop kind of thing but not like we have not seen this before. Pakistan batters have always been like this. They just have to click at the right time to make a mark. Fielding needs to do well Really. We have lost knockouts in the past just because we fielded the worst.
Bhai where does this overwhelming positivity come from? We do not have all things covered lol

Bhai where does this overwhelming positivity come from? We do not have all things covered lol
I like to stay positive. Negative points bring nothing but they corrode your mind so always be positive. Afterall, at the end of the day, it is just another sport.

The way we utilizes the powerplay honestly speaking we cant even in the position to compete with USA or Ireland.

u will see the demonstration this week.

Gotta be Pakistan . The most talented bowling attack for the 3rd time in a row.
Only bowling can't help you win the trophy... you need to be equally good with the bat as well.

Pakistan is nowhere near competing with modern day cricket so cant dream big honestly.

I feel like India will finally break their ICC drought and win this edition of the World Cup.

Australia is a big tournament team. You may find them struggling in the start but their rise has always been a phenomenal one. I think they are going to win this one as well.

Australia is a big tournament team. You may find them struggling in the start but their rise has always been a phenomenal one. I think they are going to win this one as well.
Why would they struggle this time?

2023 wc was different. They were playing with injuries and Smith, labu ended up being mistakes cause they were hoping to replicate 2019. And wtc.

Why would a side with 140 SR inform batters be an issue? Only warner is a bit of a concern atm. But mcfraser is in reserves, so if warner flunks a few games, Warner is probs gonna retire for fraser, because warner only cares about cup wins.

If South Africa plans to a T they can win this one. They have solid resources. Both spin and pace. But they will catch cold feet.

If South Africa plans to a T they can win this one. They have solid resources. Both spin and pace. But they will catch cold feet.
I doubt they will win. Imo australia or england might win this title again.

On paper Aus and Eng (if Archer fit) have highest quality so will likely make semis.

SA, NZ look next best on paper but always concerns over SA batting under pressure and NZ bowling looks frail

India, Pak and WI all are third tier each with some amazing strengths ( Ind proven batters and Bumrah, Pak well balanced bowling with PP strikability, WI hitting till #9) and glaring weaknesses (India no tail batting and weak support seamers, Pak weak middle order, WI frail bowling)

I expect 3 out of top 4 teams to easily make semis and last spot will be pipped by one out of Ind/Pak/WI

Aus or eng deserve to win.. aggressive mindsets going from ball one. No tuk tuk statpadding assess the pitch nonsense.. And WI is the darkhorse.. all the seniors outdated guys back for ind pak nz...and they dont deserve one bit to even be in the sf

India is on top when it comes to performing well in ICC T20 World Cups amongst top teams but these high expectations often led them to collapse on the crucial stages.

Uai9N9F.png

Cricket's T20 giants and minnows ready to battle in USA and Caribbean​

Cricket's ability to grow its global presence beyond its heartlands, while still maintaining the quality at the highest level, will be tested over the coming month in the T20 World Cup in the Caribbean and the United States.

The ninth edition of the tournament, in the fastest and most explosive form of the game, will be the biggest ever after the decision of the International Cricket Council (ICC) to expand the field from 16 nations to 20.

It will also be the first ever major ICC event to be held, in part, in the United States, a country where attempts to grow the sport have consistently failed.

Three American venues -- in Florida, Texas and New York -- will host 16 of the group stage games including the marquee match between India and Pakistan which will be played in Long Island, New York.

The rest of the tournament will be held in the West Indies, including the Super Eight stage, the semi-finals and the final, which will be played at Kensington Oval in Bridgetown, Barbados.

While cricket is widely played at a recreational level in the United States, with strong presences in all three of the states that have been chosen for games, organisers are realistic about the chances of "converting" mainstream American sports fans.

Instead, they expect that the large immigrant communities from cricket-loving backgrounds, including thousands of India fans in particular, will pack the stadiums.

"I think, number one, we want to celebrate those that are already fanatical lovers of cricket. They deserve to see the best players in the world come into their backyard and have that chance," T20 World Cup USA, Inc. chief executive Brett Jones told AFP.

"Number two, I think it's about spiking curiosity in the game," he said.

The ICC also sees the tournament as a launch pad towards the sport's return to the Olympics for Los Angeles 2028, when the T20 format will be used.

Major League Cricket, a T20 tournament, was launched last year and also stands to benefit from any growth in interest in the big-hitting, spectacular shortest form.

But it is not only the American market that the ICC is focused upon -- the expansion of the tournament has opened up opportunities for newer cricket nations to compete on the big stage.

In recent years, the sport has been able to expand outside of its traditional strongholds with Ireland and Afghanistan earning places in the 12-strong elite with full Test status.

But the ICC see the shortest format as the perfect vehicle for growing the game and this year's edition will feature three T20 World Cup debutants in the USA, Canada and Uganda.

Nepal, Papua New Guinea and Oman are among the other nations who are relatively new to the big stage and who will be looking to make their mark and grab some attention with an upset win.

With the teams drawn in four groups of five teams, with just the top two advancing, none of the smaller nations are expected to progress beyond the group stage and there is a danger the pool stage could mainly be a 'weeding out' process.

- India favourites -

India, winners of the first edition in 2007, are the favourites, with their line-up packed with players steeled from the annual Indian Premier League.

Veterans Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli could be playing in their final big tournament and are desperate to make up for defeat in the ODI World Cup final last year.

Despite being the epicentre of the modern game, India have not won a major title since the 2013 Champions Trophy.

Australia, winners of the ODI World Cup last year along with the World Test Championship, opted to leave out their veteran batsman Steve Smith but big-hitting David Warner with the bat and pacemen Mitchell Starc and Pat Cummins provide plenty of experience.

"There's five, six or seven teams that can win it and we know that in tournament play it's all about getting things right at the right time and winning in big moments," said Australia captain Mitchell Marsh.

Among those contenders, England are the defending champions, but will be without the star of their 2022 triumph Ben Stokes, with the all-rounder managing his fitness after a knee operation and they will look to skipper Jos Buttler to provide the fireworks with the bat.

Co-hosts West Indies won the tournament in 2012 and 2016 and while the Caribbean team have struggled in the longer formats, they remain a threat in 20-over cricket and are hoping that they can benefit from familiarity with the surfaces in the region.

South Africa, New Zealand and Pakistan will all fancy their chances of making an impact in a tournament which always produces surprises.

Australia or England will win, one of these 2.

NZ doesn't have it in em, SA won't win every toss. India idk, but their chocking tag hasn't been going away. Sanju might change things and so can jaiswal who knows.

Pakistan HAHAHAHAHA

Buffet is also covered

Semi-final Predictions by experts on Star Sports for T20I WC

Rayudu: IND, ENG, NZ, SA
Lara: IND, ENG, WI, AFG
Collingwood: IND, ENG, AUS, WI
Gavaskar: IND, ENG, AUS, WI
Morris: IND, SA, PAK, AUS
Hayden: IND, ENG, AUS, SA
Finch: IND, AUS, ENG, WI
Kaif: IND, ENG, AUS, PAK
Moody: IND, ENG, AUS, SA
Sreesanth: IND, ENG, AUS, PAK

Sreesanth: IND, ENG, AUS, PAK
Some of these predictions can't even happen? Due to the way super 8's are structured lol.

Sreesanth: IND, ENG, AUS, Pak
Why everyone is including India in their top 4 list 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Some of these predictions can't even happen? Due to the way super 8's are structured lol.
Yea true , basically they were predicted top four best sides according to them .

Dont know why everyone Said india is favourite for semifinals. I dont think indian team will reach in semifinal with Rohit and Jadeja in the team.

Yea true , basically they were predicted top four best sides according to them .

Dont know why everyone Said india is favourite for semifinals. I dont think indian team will reach in semifinal with Rohit and Jadeja in the team.
They will.

SA is a one trick pony, they'll lose chasing.

NZ isn't that strong this time.

India is still the 3rd strongest team.

They will.

SA is a one trick pony, they'll lose chasing.

NZ isn't that strong this time.

India is still the 3rd strongest team.
T20 has minimum chance of chocking . This South African team has a great chance of winning ICC trophy next month .

My favourite team after Australia to lift the trophy.

India making semis depends on whether we can beat NZ or not. If they play both Conway and Williamson, we have a chance.

It will be much tougher if they drop one of them for Rachin.

T20 has minimum chance of chocking . This South African team has a great chance of winning ICC trophy next month .

My favourite team after Australia to lift the trophy.
SA won't ever win a WC until they fix their chasing problem and get rid of the black quota system. Until then not gonna happen

Agree , i dont have much hope only things i want them to beat Pakistan on 9th June. :)
You were over the moon during the 2023 wc, infact you were boasting against my aussie team left and right 😂.

Abh kya hoa? Did Australia shatter your spirit?

Mate your overreacting, India is still the 2nd or maybe 3rd strongest team of the tournament.

SA, NZ will get found out, West Indies Is great but still considered an underdog.

It'll be a triple threat between England, India and Australia

You were over the moon during the 2023 wc, infact you were boasting against my aussie team left and right 😂.

Mate your overreacting, India is still the 2nd or maybe 3rd strongest team of the tournament.

SA, NZ will get found out, West Indies Is great but still considered an underdog.

India will most likely be a hot favourite team going into the World Cup but the problem remains the same, they can't handle the pressure of knockout games.

Odi are different game. Kohli still has game for ODI and test cricket .

India team were great throughout World Cup but just a bad day when it's matter the most .

T20 cricket not suited for Kohli, Rohit jadeja now that's why we don't have any chance so i hope India beat Pakistan that is what i wanted from this team anything else is bonus.

You cannot right off West Indies. They somehow find their mojo in the t30 format like they did just now after beating South Africa's side in a T20 series. Australia is always a strong contender no matter what the conditions are.

Former Australian captain Michael Clarke has tipped India as the top contenders for the 2024 T20 World Cup, sharing his prediction with a sports media outlet:

“I mentioned it earlier, I think if you look at the favourites for this World Cup, it’s got to be India just because of the amount of cricket they’ve played. Their preparation is outstanding. The conditions are different in the Caribbean and America compared to India, but there are a lot of similarities, so their players should be used to that.”

“The other thing as well, I think India’s taken a risk with the squad they’ve picked, heavily relying on spin. It’s very different to Australia, but in conditions that I’ve experienced in the Caribbean, I think spin bowling and how you play spin is going to be a huge part of your success. So, you know, India is the biggest threat for me in regards to who’s going to win this World Cup."

"When you talk about preparation, it’s interesting because there were three Australians in the IPL final and not one of the 15-member India squad in the final, but it could end up being a bit of a blessing in disguise. They’ve got the whole team together in New York early.”

Australia (never count them out) or India

Relatively way less hype and expectations from India this time around.

Who knows...they may as well express themselves and do it finally.

Misbah-ul-Haq named his top two contenders for the 2024 T20 World Cup on a local Indian sports channel's program:

"The safest bet I think would be Australia. They know how to win. Whatever may be the condition. They come to Asia and win by playing with just one spinner. You can't write of Australia from any World Cup. The second team is very difficult. If we want to live in Pakistan, we'll have to support Pakistan. India has a strong team, they have everything (Humein Pakistan mein rehna hai, toh Pakistan ko back karna hoga. India ka team badi string hai, sara kuch hai)."

As a fan, it’s the hope that kills you, and so often the hopeful feelings are misplaced. All that said, I am starting to fancy England a bit for this one. They’ve won this tournament twice before including once in West Indies conditions, and with Buttler, Archer, Wood and Rashid all on form they are regaining some confidence and starting to look a little bit like their old selves. Then they have Salt, Jacks, Bairstow and Brook, who can be inconsistent but could all conceivably turn up one day and get a huge score.

Back