South Africa (60/1) thrash Afghanistan (56) by 9 wickets to advance to the final of ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Hey Afghans! You just got your behind handed back to you on a silver plate. Your luck ran out this time!!:p. Now you can all return to the UAE and India for good reason.
I am sure, after everything is said and done, Afg would be happy to achieve what they did. Unlike some other teams, who looked like they were on a paid vacation.

Good for us that Afghanistan lost the semifinal....
Because later many people will said that we won world cup because Afghans didn't played for win( bcoz of IPL contracts), some will say fixing etc .

But they shouldn't have been overconfident, overjoyed after they eliminated Australia.
Calmness>>>
They were not switched on, lost the plot in all the euphoria after makign the semi final. Understandable as it is a historic moment for them. I won't be surprised if the same Afghanistan slays down SOuth Africa in another competition.

But they shouldn't have been overconfident, overjoyed after they eliminated Australia.
Calmness>>>
Aren't those milestones
Calmness>>>
Isn't overconfidence a stepping stone to calibrating the right level of confidence.
And I would argue that they were not overconfident, it was a combination of being over excited about their previous win, no time for next game and having a really bad pitch to bat on.

What I mean to say is, I see Afganistan being the Pakistan team of the past and being second best Asian team for the next decade.

They were not switched on, lost the plot in all the euphoria after makign the semi final. Understandable as it is a historic moment for them. I won't be surprised if the same Afghanistan slays down SOuth Africa in another competition.
The needed Pakistan in the semis to switch on 😂

Aren't those milestones

Isn't overconfidence a stepping stone to calibrating the right level of confidence.
And I would argue that they were not overconfident, it was a combination of being over excited about their previous win, no time for next game and having a really bad pitch to bat on.

What I mean to say is, I see Afganistan being the Pakistan team of the past and being second best Asian team for the next decade.
Why did they bat first at that pitch, then??
They could've bowl first and restrict SA to 100-110.

It also shows T20s can be won with just 2 batsman if you have a half decent bowlnig. In ODis you get better tracks. You can play long like Omar Zai made 97 against South africa in the world cup.
While people may think Limited Overs Cricket is similar. It's far from it.

You can have a player who is a gun batter in ODIs but absolutely no where near a good bat in T20Is, or vice versa.

Case in point;
Fakhar Zaman in ODIs vs Fakhar Zaman in T20Is
Surya Kumar in T20Is vs Surya Kumar in ODIs

Omarzai guy has potential. To be a great All Rounder. If they can just provide him more resources and support to develop himself. In 5-10 years time we will be hearing his name regularly in World Cricket.
He looked good in the world cup against SA making 97. Even yesterday he looked good. But there was a conscious effort to survive from them. May be they thought of seeing off overs like they did agianst Bangladesh. They were creasebound. Unlike Bangladesh SA started bowling fuller. Ball was not even swinging. If they had made forward press they could have taken them down. If you attack SA bowling they generally wilt. I have seen Rabada losing the plot so many times in IPL. Moment you attack he will bowl full tosses, short and wide stuffs.

He looked good in the world cup against SA making 97. Even yesterday he looked good. But there was a conscious effort to survive from them. May be they thought of seeing off overs like they did agianst Bangladesh. They were creasebound. Unlike Bangladesh SA started bowling fuller. Ball was not even swinging. If they had made forward press they could have taken them down. If you attack SA bowling they generally wilt. I have seen Rabada losing the plot so many times in IPL. Moment you attack he will bowl full tosses, short and wide stuffs.
It is just difficult to take risk and attack when half your XI is back in the pavilion.

It is just difficult to take risk and attack when half your XI is back in the pavilion.
Yea Gurbaz is the only guy who has that audacity and skill to do that. Even he seemed overly responsible. I kinda expected. When you have just two batsmen doing well for you scoring more than 50% of the runs they will feel the pinch at some point. It is unsustainable even for elite teams. Gurbaz is still a fantastic batsman. His potency was thwarted mainly by his own team rather than sA bowling. He waltzed down agianst Cummins, Hazlewood both hammered for sixes. He even waltzed down to Bumrah. But he threw a slower wide one. He had that attitude. But that was not to be seen against a much lesser bowler like Jansen

Yea Gurbaz is the only guy who has that audacity and skill to do that. Even he seemed overly responsible. I kinda expected. When you have just two batsmen doing well for you scoring more than 50% of the runs they will feel the pinch at some point. It is unsustainable even for elite teams. Gurbaz is still a fantastic batsman. His potency was thwarted mainly by his own team rather than sA bowling. He waltzed down agianst Cummins, Hazlewood both hammered for sixes. He even waltzed down to Bumrah. But he threw a slower wide one. He had that attitude. But that was not to be seen against a much lesser bowler like Jansen
Guess it proved once again after Babar - Rizwan opening duo that you cannot win whole World Cups on just two or even three batters. At any point in the tournament you might need your other player to step up.

Why did they bat first at that pitch, then??
They could've bowl first and restrict SA to 100-110.
Again, you live and you learn. My uber argument is ... There is nothing special about Australia as a country that other countries cannot match or overcome in time.
They are just humans and not God ordained super beings.

I think only Pakistanis are somewhat on par with the likes of Rauf able to clock 150 kph without any training.
Just look at the build of the aussie players and the consistency in which they can produce players. Mental and physical fortitude, it's not even a comparison.

Back