Pro Bats

Which bat in CAs catalogue was named after Misbah?

Misbah is now sponsored by AS now lol poor CA

CD bhai how do you know Misbah is sponsored by AS now? He was wearing everything else CA and CA has just launched a line for him which he was seen using in the pre tour training camp in Lahore...

Misbah is for sure with AS now because you can't be using other brand stuff like this.

I agree with Ali Bhai no one is loyal. Same thing happened with Ahmed Shehzad he was with MB and all of sudden he went to Boom Boom. Misbah was using CA gear in T20 game and today he was using AS, move has been done definitely.

PS: Ali Bhai long time no see, I hope all was well!

Misbah is for sure with AS now because you can't be using other brand stuff like this.

I agree with Ali Bhai no one is loyal. Same thing happened with Ahmed Shehzad he was with MB and all of sudden he went to Boom Boom. Misbah was using CA gear in T20 game and today he was using AS, move has been done definitely.

PS: Ali Bhai long time no see, I hope all was well!

All is well, been busy as Ive had a semester abroad and final year at Uni is killing me. How about yourself? I see your building a huge collection of English bats, whats been the dominant factor in your swing from Pakistani to English? If you dont mind me asking. :danish

All is well, been busy as Ive had a semester abroad and final year at Uni is killing me. How about yourself? I see your building a huge collection of English bats, whats been the dominant factor in your swing from Pakistani to English? If you dont mind me asking. :danish

I'm glad everything at your end is going well!

Well I would say the reason behind it was that I prefer buying Pakistani bats when I am in Pakistan and when I go there because I go there for my annual vacation so I'm not in favour of the extra mark up in the prices. More importantly what worries me is the fear of custom people, who knows when they will drill in the bat and treat them so I'm a bit scared because of that.

Umar Akmal using the new Flare in a match finally!!!:

132333.jpg

I'm glad everything at your end is going well!

Well I would say the reason behind it was that I prefer buying Pakistani bats when I am in Pakistan and when I go there because I go there for my annual vacation so I'm not in favour of the extra mark up in the prices. More importantly what worries me is the fear of custom people, who knows when they will drill in the bat and treat them so I'm a bit scared because of that.

Yeah my heart sunk when i read that article :(

I saw Afridi using the SS bat in the third ODI, didnt do him any favours really..

Anyway I hear the new BoomBoom range is actually manufactured by an an Indian manufacturer (I dont want to give the name as it would be unfair to BoomBoom). IMO you can already see the improvement in quality and professionalism where brands such as SS and SG etc are streets ahead of their Pakistani rivals.

Yeah my heart sunk when i read that article :(

Sorry which article?

I saw Afridi using the SS bat in the third ODI, didnt do him any favours really..

Anyway I hear the new BoomBoom range is actually manufactured by an an Indian manufacturer (I dont want to give the name as it would be unfair to BoomBoom). IMO you can already see the improvement in quality and professionalism where brands such as SS and SG etc are streets ahead of their Pakistani rivals.

It is quite obvious bro that Boom Boom softs are made by an Indian manufacturer you can see the quality difference in the pictures right away! Haven't seen any new bats though...

Sorry which article?

It is quite obvious bro that Boom Boom softs are made by an Indian manufacturer you can see the quality difference in the pictures right away! Haven't seen any new bats though...

Obviously the bats we see are on professionals themselves which will remain consistent which ever manufacturer they are with as they will apply stickers to a custom made bat.

I have it on good authority that the "off the shelf" bats that are made for Boom Boom are made by a different indian manufacturer as opposed to the softs. :afridi

They could be specially made, or just built up at the bottom using either tape or additional grips.

Lovely, but this is a thread about pros' bats?

Unless, ya know, you are a pro or summat.
:))
I was about to point this out and make it clear before you jumped out of nowhere.

My point was that I have bought this bat but ofcourse not the pro one.

Stop trying to be funny and be realistic.:p

They could be specially made, or just built up at the bottom using either tape or additional grips.

Yo you know how you told me the Thresco handle technique so I tried it and applied duct tape on back of my Newbery's handle and mate it gives brilliant feel!

Makes bottom of the handle a bit pointy like Laver&Woods handle.

Certainly not the only one but I don't know what's wrong with my Newbery handle, I think its very dry because every grip I apply would slip for some reasons.

I used duct tape instead of medical tape

Never heard of him before today. Sounds like he's quite talented though. Could be one to look out for in the future.

A Grade 1 in my opinion can't have that much heartwood.

Yaar I have heard that Sir Viv Richards used G2/3 because he preferred butterfly stains which pings better

Unless I am wrong Grades are purely about looks. A grade 3 bat can play better than a grade 1.
Of course a grade 1 bat should play better than a grade 3 or 4 over time as that's the reason you pay more money, but this is not always the case.
I am sure some in here can testify that a low grade bat can go like a gun and play just as well if not better than some Grade 1 bats.

Some manufacturers like M&H grade on performance hence some of there top of the line bats look like lower grade

It's a grade 1, I went to school with rooty and he was using grade 1 bat while only eleven years old. A very talented cricketer.

I was batting on the other side when he hit his first ton at 11, he was using a GM Maxi select at the time, yes a Kashmir Willow bat.

Just goes to show a great player can bat with anything :moyo

It's a grade 1, I went to school with rooty and he was using grade 1 bat while only eleven years old. A very talented cricketer.

I was batting on the other side when he hit his first ton at 11, he was using a GM Maxi select at the time, yes a Kashmir Willow bat.

Just goes to show a great player can bat with anything :moyo

They don't well with each other :)

Fair enough mate :)

I don't understand that if a player is using new modelngloves then why not use same year pads? Both Akmals did this for a while and still do....

I guess they have no obligation to use up to date gear. Just use the gear of the company they are with.

Last edited:
Fair enough mate :)

I don't understand that if a player is using new modelngloves then why not use same year pads? Both Akmals did this for a while and still do....

A fair few players tend to just re-colour their pads from the season before.

132696.jpg

Guys the shape of this bat is of 2010 right? Less concaving right ?

Which gloves are they? Oblivion ?

Have a look at Abdul Razzaq's bat, using AS V3.

He loves AS I think, throughout career he has been with AS

Attachments

• IMG_8595.jpg
    IMG_8595.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 533
  • IMG_8610.jpg
    IMG_8610.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 471
QS Bhai, you beat me! I was about to post it as well :))

Another pro bat which have a lot of heartwood, cricketer13 bhai was talking to Mapperly guy and was told these pro prefer heartwood, I can easily say this bat is not a grade 1.

Haha sorry bhai.

Yeah I know I heard the same thing, because I think KP said somewhere he also likes a bit of heartwood on his bats.

Dont things like heartwood and butterfly stains make a bat stronger? Its weird how bats are graded in terms of pureness when all it does is look good.

Dwayne Bravo's bat looks a good stick a lot of heartwood and very straight and narrow grains.

I personally do not mind a bit of heartwood
132891.jpg
[/IMG]

Those pics prove my theory that looks are secondary, a lot of people pay too much attention to visual grading of the bats. Pro bats I have seen are not always 100% sapwood.

Suddenly I'm not entirely sure that Alastair Cook's bat is the same shape as a normal Oblivion. I was reading the March edition of the Wisden Cricketer and while it said in a bit about his bat that he came up with the Oblivion name, it said that he'd had the wood distributed out towards the edges more, giving the bat a less concave and more convex profile.

Had a look back at photos and it's otherwise inconclusive.
124347.jpg

Also, he's said to enjoy messing around down at Gray Nicolls' workshop in Sussex and that he even answers the phone when he's visiting.

ALSO: a not so informative video with him speaking to Ian Healy about his bat.
http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/alastair-cook-s-bat/xt7zhnn

Last edited:
Yeh looks like you're right. Here's a picture of Alistair Cook getting his bat adjusted in the GN factory:
1.jpg

Back