Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asfandyar

Local Club Star
Runs
I want to buy an MB Malik Bubber Sher bat. Where can I buy one in Karachi, and what will be its cost?

Prices of bats, pads and gloves (as many requested) [26June 2010] are;

CA 12000 Plus Bat: Rs. 15,000
CA 12000 Plus Limited Edition Bat: Rs. 20,000
AS V3 Bat: Rs. 8,500
AS V10 Bat: Rs. 11,000
MB Malik Bubber Sher (Laminated) Bat: Rs. 10,000
MB Malik Bubber Sher Limited Edition Bat: Rs. 14,500
MB Malik Bubber Sher Pads: Rs. 2500
MB Malik Bubber Sher Gloves: Rs. 2000
Boom Boom 5 Star Bat (Shahid Afridi): Rs. 18,000
Boom Boom 5 Star Pads: Rs. 2700
Boom Boom 4 Star Bat (Abdul Razzaq): Rs. 15,000
Boom Boom 3 Star Bat (Fawad Alam): Rs. 10,000
Boom Boom 2 Star Bat (Umar Gul): Rs. 7500
Ihsan Inferno 950 Bat: Rs. 11,500
Ihsan Inferno 950 Gloves: Rs. 1500
Ihsan Inferno 950 Pads: Rs. 2000
Ihsan Inferno 950 Wicketkeeping Pads: Rs. 1100-1300 (He did not have these in stock but could be ordered if anyone wante them)
Ihsan Inferno 950 Wicketkeeping Gloves: Rs. 2000

Hope it helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know what will be its cost in Karachi; but in Jhelum it was 7000 rupees; at least the old Sher model was.

Amazing piece of wood.

In Karachi the best place to buy cricket accessories is UT Sports because there stuff is legit and cheap as well. This summer I told my mom to get me CA 120000 Pads and gloves she bought them from Lahore (original) for Rs.5000 both gloves and pads whereas UT Sports in Karachi was selling them for Rs.3200 both gloves and pads. I didn't mind paying the extra 1800 difference I just told you this just to give you an idea of there prices. I called in UT Sports few days ago and the price for Bubber Sher was RS.13000 and Sher Amin was Rs.7500

Hope it helps!

Last edited:
Tay'yab-Ali Malik said:
Don't waste your rupees. Buy a good piece of willow,and buy the stickers from the market.
What are you talking about? Malik bats are one the best bats you can get in the market don't buy crape like slazenger, GM or any other brand just because they have an english name. They are all made in India and as far as I know I have used most bats no other bat comes close to Malik.

Last edited:
The bubber sher was for Rs. 8000 at UT sports a few days ago.. wasn't interested in buying so didn't attempt to bargain but he would probably give it for ~7500

Not so sure whether Buber Sher bat comes in different weights. The one I used was a little heavy for me, but it had a really great knock. Anything you play from the middle of the bat will go far, so if you can manage heavy bats then Buber Sher is one of the bests!

Kriketer said:
Not so sure whether Buber Sher bat comes in different weights. The one I used was a little heavy for me, but it had a really great knock. Anything you play from the middle of the bat will go far, so if you can manage heavy bats then Buber Sher is one of the bests!
I have seen Bubber Sher in light weight. So yes it does come in different weights

Rudi hater said:
What are you talking about? Malik bats are one the best bats you can get in the market don't buy crape like slazenger, GM or any other brand just because they have an english name. They are all made in India and as far as I know I have used most bats no other bat comes close to Malik.
Read my post carefully. I'm not talking about brands, far from it.

Cover Drive said:
In Karachi the best place to buy cricket accessories is UT Sports because there stuff is legit and cheap as well. This summer I told my mom to get me CA 120000 Pads and gloves she bought them from Lahore (original) for Rs.5000 both gloves and pads whereas UT Sports in Karachi was selling them for Rs.3200 both gloves and pads. I didn't mind paying the extra 1800 difference I just told you this just to give you an idea of there prices. I called in UT Sports few days ago and the price for Bubber Sher was RS.13000 and Sher Amin was Rs.7500

Hope it helps!
Where is this UT store in karachi? Can I have their number? Thanks

Whats the lightest hard ball bat you can get... pakistani one

I want it to hit windballs... but dont want a tape ball bat... dont want nothing extra small either. thanks pals

ive used a ihsan crown i find that real nice, compared to a mrf, malik and as bat i have used.

frz said:
The bubber sher was for Rs. 8000 at UT sports a few days ago.. wasn't interested in buying so didn't attempt to bargain but he would probably give it for ~7500

Was it Bubber Sher or Sher Amin?

Tay'yab-Ali Malik said:
Don't waste your rupees. Buy a good piece of willow,and buy the stickers from the market.

Where can I buy good quality unbranded bats?

Rizwan25 said:
Where is this UT store in karachi? Can I have their number? Thanks
Uhmm I am not sure where it is in Karachi because I am from Lahore not Karachi loll. I just called them once and I had googled there number. However, I have googled it again for you and there store information is:
UT Sports
Categories: Sporting Goods
Neighborhood: F.B. Area
Adam Lehri Market, Karimabad, F.B. Area.
Karachi, 74200
Phone: +92-21-6338350

If you want they can also ship the item to you. I remember I asked the guy how much is the shipping to Toronto he said it is Rs.2500 just for a bat

I hope it helps!

In Karachi, Miandad Sports (i think) in Saddar were giving the Bubber for 10,500 after bargaining. Sher Amin i got for 6,500 just last month from them. Pretty good piece of willow.

asfandyar said:
Was it Bubber Sher or Sher Amin?
I am pretty sure it was Sher Amin because when I called the guy told me that Sher Amin is Rs.7500 so I am just assuming it was Sher Amin rather than Bubber Sher

Ok tell me people that is there a difference of quality between bats made in pakistan and england or australia like kookabura,because of technology?

There was a thread in Time pass and some say Tiger is better than a Sher. How is Malik Tiger? There is Malik Cheetah but is there a Tiger?

Anyone know of a email contact for UT sports, so one can get in touch with them?

Cover Drive said:
I would suggest you calling them rather than emailing

Yeah, but Im in Australia and i dont think it is a viable option. If someone can get me an email, that'd be really great

frz said:

Im pretty sure it was bubber sher..

For everybody that wanted to know where the stores are.. there is one in Defence on Kh-e-Badr behind the 26th street KFC and the main one is in Karimabad in FB Area very close to Meena Bazaar.

The defence store doesn't have the same range as the main store does but if you know what you're looking for they'll arrange it from the main store within a day

Cover Drive said:
Uhmm I am not sure where it is in Karachi because I am from Lahore not Karachi loll. I just called them once and I had googled there number. However, I have googled it again for you and there store information is:
UT Sports
Categories: Sporting Goods
Neighborhood: F.B. Area
Adam Lehri Market, Karimabad, F.B. Area.
Karachi, 74200
Phone: +92-21-6338350

If you want they can also ship the item to you. I remember I asked the guy how much is the shipping to Toronto he said it is Rs.2500 just for a bat
I hope it helps!
Thanks a lot bro!!!

nitrous said:
Yeah, but Im in Australia and i dont think it is a viable option. If someone can get me an email, that'd be really great

Most people don't use email in Pakistan.

StumpMic said:
Most people don't use email in Pakistan.

Fair point, but Im not sure, if anyone is willing to help me get some bats from UT sports from this forum then?

nitrous said:
Fair point, but Im not sure, if anyone is willing to help me get some bats from UT sports from this forum then?

I can help you. What do you need from there??

hi there, i can help u as well. UT's owner and Anwer Miandad (miandad shop's owner are both dear friends of mine) due to cricket we played together specially with anwer.

anyhow i recommend that u buy ur stuff from UT and not miandad cuz he will probably charge u more than UT. also in UT u can contact Shakeel and give him my name and he can assist u with the best possible way and price. Just tell him u are my friend from canada. i cant find his cell number but i will look again.

as for the bats u dont want to go with anything other than CA, Malik. In pakistan usually generic bats are made and then any sticker u want then will put it for u. But with CA or Malik bats they cannot do that, as they two companies have a hold in the market and they fine anyone who is trying to sell a fake ca or malik.

CA 12000 plus use to be a wonderful bat and comes in different weights. CA 10000 also was a great bat and use to cost around 8K. malik bubbre or amin should be a safe bet as well, and they do come in different weights.

If u want a really light bat then u are looking for anything around 2.7 to 2.9 lbs.

If u r looking for a medium weight bat then u r look for 2.10 lbs

anything more than 2.10 is heavy from 2.10 - 2.13.

remember the heavier u go, the sweeter the middle. if u r a storke player and want to do both hard hitting and timing, i would pick a medium bat.
one more thing, remember that the balance of the bat is the most important thing regardless of weight, and it is important that u and specially u pick up the bat and see if it feels good, and right in ur hands.

I stopped playing cricket a year back so i am not in touch with the latest rates, but if u are serious i can call shakeel for u depending on what u need, and then u can call him.

Last edited:
http://www.malik.com.au/Malik/Malik_Cricket_Bats.htm
For australians.
from the site
Malik cricket bats are produced using traditional skills and the finest English Willow. All Malik
cricket bats are crafted with a gentle bow to produce greater balance and an enhanced sweet spot.

RDS Cricket is the exclusive distributor of Malik cricket equipment within Australia. Our Malik range represents only the highest quality cricket bats, pads, and gloves at the most competitive prices

Xohaib said:
http://www.malik.com.au/Malik/Malik_Cricket_Bats.htm
For australians.
from the site
Malik cricket bats are produced using traditional skills and the finest English Willow. All Malik
cricket bats are crafted with a gentle bow to produce greater balance and an enhanced sweet spot.

RDS Cricket is the exclusive distributor of Malik cricket equipment within Australia. Our Malik range represents only the highest quality cricket bats, pads, and gloves at the most competitive prices

Thanks for this bhai, but you dont want to buy any Pakistani bat from here. I went to Kingsgrove Sports, which is like the main cricket retailer here in NSW, and they were bloody selling the Malik Sher Amin for AU$465 odd. the CA 12000 Plus was the most expenisve bat storewide....AU$700.

Can you get any pakistani bats in 2lb 6oz ?? or 2lb 5oz... without comprimising on size

hashman said:
Thanks for this bhai, but you dont want to buy any Pakistani bat from here. I went to Kingsgrove Sports, which is like the main cricket retailer here in NSW, and they were bloody selling the Malik Sher Amin for AU$465 odd. the CA 12000 Plus was the most expenisve bat storewide....AU$700.

I saw that; they had the Sher Amin for $300 more than it costs in Pakistan !

Big profits.

cricketisit said:
hi there, i can help u as well. UT's owner and Anwer Miandad (miandad shop's owner are both dear friends of mine) due to cricket we played together specially with anwer.

anyhow i recommend that u buy ur stuff from UT and not miandad cuz he will probably charge u more than UT. also in UT u can contact Shakeel and give him my name and he can assist u with the best possible way and price. Just tell him u are my friend from canada. i cant find his cell number but i will look again.

as for the bats u dont want to go with anything other than CA, Malik. In pakistan usually generic bats are made and then any sticker u want then will put it for u. But with CA or Malik bats they cannot do that, as they two companies have a hold in the market and they fine anyone who is trying to sell a fake ca or malik.

CA 12000 plus use to be a wonderful bat and comes in different weights. CA 10000 also was a great bat and use to cost around 8K. malik bubbre or amin should be a safe bet as well, and they do come in different weights.

If u want a really light bat then u are looking for anything around 2.7 to 2.9 lbs.

remember the heavier u go, the sweeter the middle. if u r a storke player and want to do both hard hitting and timing, i would pick a medium bat.
one more thing, remember that the balance of the bat is the most important thing regardless of weight, and it is important that u and specially u pick up the bat and see if it feels good, and right in ur hands.

I stopped playing cricket a year back so i am not in touch with the latest rates, but if u are serious i can call shakeel for u depending on what u need, and then u can call him.

Please let me know how I can get in contact with you?

Very helpful people here at PP :)

Cover Drive said:
Just curious to know which CA bat do you have?

CA plus 10,000 and hi-hit...

also got a plain bat from ijaz sports in rwp with wood worm stickers on it....has a banging middle...lol

I just called and asked UT Sports. They said that Bubber Sher comes in two types, one for 10,000 and the other for 12,000

Poison said:
I dont know what will be its cost in Karachi; but in Jhelum it was 7000 rupees; at least the old Sher model was.

Amazing piece of wood.

Did u get it from Arshad Rajpoot Sports in Jhelum?

asfandyar said:
I just called and asked UT Sports. They said that Bubber Sher comes in two types, one for 10,000 and the other for 12,000
Woww the price went up so fast mann!!!

sakss said:
CA plus 10,000 and hi-hit...

also got a plain bat from ijaz sports in rwp with wood worm stickers on it....has a banging middle...lol
How is hi-hit?

asfandyar said:
So what is the difference between these two?

asfandyar said:
When did you ask the price?
Someone said he called UT and malik bubersheer was 8000and he didn't even bargain yet, he just called to asked the price...

Cover Drive said:
How is hi-hit?

wel i luv it,,,its quite light in weight and has a brilliant middle....and ya its not too expensive either..

frz said:
Here you go...I don't know why they told you 10ks and 12ks...don't speak in english with them bro...the price will go up!

Rizwan25 said:
Someone said he called UT and malik bubersheer was 8000and he didn't even bargain yet, he just called to asked the price...
When I called in few weeks ago it was Rs.13500:|

One guy in my club got Bubber Sher from UT Sports he told me he paid $120 Canadian......one bat l, many different prices loll

cricketisit said:

The person who received my call was Shakeel. He told be that two types were available, one for 10,000 and the other for 12,000. Can you please ask him what his last offer will be? I really need the bat!

Rizwan25 said:
Here you go...I don't know why they told you 10ks and 12ks...don't speak in english with them bro...the price will go up!

No, I am from Karachi, and I spoke in Urdu (pure with perfect grammar :) ) with them!!

Cover Drive said:
One guy in my club got Bubber Sher from UT Sports he told me he paid $120 Canadian......one bat l, many different prices loll

That is cheap man!!! Maybe I should also pay using Canadian dollars??

Xohaib said:
Ok tell me people that is there a difference of quality between bats made in pakistan and england or australia like kookabura,because of technology?
anyone

asfandyar said:
The person who received my call was Shakeel. He told be that two types were available, one for 10,000 and the other for 12,000. Can you please ask him what his last offer will be? I really need the bat!
Did he tell you what's the different between these two bats?

Guenon123 said:
What's the complete name for hi-hit? is it from CA?
Yes it is from CA. It is CA Hi-Hit. My cousin got thus bat a few days ago, I never spoke to him how is the bat, but this guy mailed me some pictures of the bat and from picture it looked really nice with around 8 grains

asfandyar said:
That is cheap man!!! Maybe I should also pay using Canadian dollars??
Honestly over here one shopkeeper is selling Bubber Sher for $350. They are making big profits

nitrous said:
Oh my God, your an angel. Could you send me your email address, so we can communicate :)

Sorry somehow PMs aren't working for me.. u can e-mail me at
f r z _ h@ ya h o o . c o m (remove the spaces)

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
When I called in few weeks ago it was Rs.13500:|

I checked the price in-store... if u call in from abroad its no surprise that they'll quote u a higher price!

frz said:
I checked the price in-store... if u call in from abroad its no surprise that they'll quote u a higher price!
Loll obvisouly...

I called in another sports shop over here in Mississauga he said Bubber Sher is $275 Canadian And Sher Amin $200 Canadian

Rizwan25 said:
Bro can u help me get 2 bats...I need one malik bubber and CA 12000..my email is farhan025@gmail.com
Thanks

Sure, no problem. At the moment the city has shutdown due to rains but I'll try and drop by the store in the next couple of days.. will u need it shipped abroad?

frz said:
Sure, no problem. At the moment the city has shutdown due to rains but I'll try and drop by the store in the next couple of days.. will u need it shipped abroad?
Yea bro..give me your email address and I ll sent u the details...thanks a lot man!

Rizwan25 said:
Wuss thr grain thing in bats?
I am not exactly sure how to explain but once see a bat you will notice few dark vertical lines on face of the bat. They are called grains

Rizwan25 said:
Yea bro..give me your email address and I ll sent u the details...thanks a lot man!

Guenon123 said:
What's the complete name for hi-hit? is it from CA?

ya CA hi-hit

i would also recommend CA Somo but make sure u get the right one cz thre are alot of fakes out thre.....i got a somo 1 yr bak for 3000rs

I am going to Karachi hopefully in Jan....so everyone recommends UT to buy my equipment?
It is actually for my team that will be playing in T&D starting next year.

Let me know

frz said:
Sorry somehow PMs aren't working for me.. u can e-mail me at

Check your email :)

PM wasn't working for me either

nitrous said:
Check your email :)

PM wasn't working for me either
you can ask about PM in suggestions & support forum. Is it a problem on your side?

cricketisit said:

Hi there,

I will be visiting KArachi this winter...you mentioned to ask for Shakeel and use yyour name as a reference. What's your name if you don't mind me asking

xkalibur80 said:
I am going to Karachi hopefully in Jan....so everyone recommends UT to buy my equipment?
It is actually for my team that will be playing in T&D starting next year.

Let me know
I would strongly recommed you UT

xkalibur80 said:
Hi there,

I will be visiting KArachi this winter...you mentioned to ask for Shakeel and use yyour name as a reference. What's your name if you don't mind me asking

My name is Muneeb, and i live in toronto. so u can say that. in fact just tell him u are muneeb and rafiullah's friend. that will at least guarantee you hopefully a good quality bat and may be some price discount :)

Someone above asked about the grains. its the vertical lines on the face of the bat. A good bat should have straight grians. with CA and Sheer mostly grains are straight since they are good quality bats. the plane non branded bats, u have to check the grains to make sure they are straights.
one thing to remember when picking a bat is that the narrower the distance between grains, the softer the bat will be and will have good timing and bat will become better and better with time, but the bat life could possibly be less.

the wider the distance between grains, the harder the bat will be and will be good for hard hitting, ready to play from the begning and bat life will be long. wider grains are good for hard hitters and heavy bats.

good luck

Good to see so much comradery flowing here mashallah!

What would the experts say about the TOP 3 bats are for number 6 position generally in club level cricket, a couple of overs to block and singles and then hit out really, light to medium, good graining, possibly medium distance graining and nice generic balance and curve???????????????

I am currently using CA 20 20 bat, did not knock, pretty good so far, love the balance and weight, thinking of getting one more, more solid in long run as back up, From Metro Sports opposite Jinnah Sports in Saddar.

I already had two crap unbranded ones...before that I played with one called Miandad!! was cheap and decent but not great but iof course you pay for what you get, generally speaking unless you get ripped off.

any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back