"Sachin Tendulkar felt 'uncomfortable' while facing me." : Shoaib Akhtar

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Shoaib Akhtar spoke on TV tonight - following are quotes from his appearance.

"I never said that Sachin Tendulkar was scared of my bowling. I only said he felt 'uncomfortable' while facing me." Shoaib Akhtar

"Sachin Tendulkar is must for Indian youngsters." Shoaib Akhtar

"The BCCI should work with Sachin Tendulkar as a mentor for upcoming players." Shoaib Akhtar

"When I got him out in Kolkata, I was stunned to see the crowd's reaction. I realised Sachin isn't a batsman, he is an institution." Shoaib Akhtar

"Sachin Tendulkar is the greatest player of the world. He changed the entire history of cricket." Shoaib Akhtar

"I used to feel proud whenever I got him out and it was a great feeling not to be hit out of the park." Shoaib Akhtar

"Sachin was a nightmare for the opposition, a complete nightmare." Shoaib Akhtar

"I respected a very few players and Sachin Tendulkar was one of them." Shoaib Akhtar

"I never thought of sledging Sachin Tendulkar. I respected him a lot." Shoaib Akhtar

"I reckon Sachin was the most difficult batsman to bowl to." Shoaib Akhtar

"I feel fortunate not to play much against him as he would have ripped through my tactics with ease." Shoaib Akhtar

Last edited:
Didn't Akhtar say his knees shook. And was backed up by Afridi? I'm also pretty sure he named someone else as the best batsman he faced (which I assume most difficult batsman to bowl at is the same thing).

It all sounds like nonsense really.

THE CRICKETING GOD ... the only religion dat unites all other religions

Didn't Akhtar say his knees shook. And was backed up by Afridi? I'm also pretty sure he named someone else as the best batsman he faced (which I assume most difficult batsman to bowl at is the same thing).

It all sounds like nonsense really.

Yeah he said he found brian lara the toughest to bowl against and that he was the best batsman of his generation.

Starsports have made a package on Sachin's innings in 2003 World cup. Wasim Akram talks about the first over of Akhtar when Sachin smashed him for six. "Akhtar went to Waqar and said I cant bowl (meray se bowling nahi horahi)"

SRT has played 28 international matches, in which Akhtar had played. In those matches, sachin's average is 44.13 with 2 centuries, 7 fifties and a strike rate of 76.

9 test matches in which Sachin averaged 42, and 19 ODIs in which Sachin averaged 46. In all, Akhtar has dismissed SRT 10 times, and i am sure in few of them Sachin would already have scored 50. Then there are matches like the 2003 WC, where Akhtar was pelted by SRT in his very first over, and then he chickened out, and didn't come to bowl for the next 10 overs. So much so for making SRT uncomfortable. So what exactly is that Akhtar keeps blabbing about? I don't see any phenomenal record Akhtar is having against Sachin, its just that he is one of those "mia mithoo" who keeps talking highly about himself.

Akhtar was an excellent bowler, but he was never as good as he talks about himself.

Starsports have made a package on Sachin's innings in 2003 World cup. Wasim Akram talks about the first over of Akhtar when Sachin smashed him for six. "Akhtar went to Waqar and said I cant bowl (meray se bowling nahi horahi)"

I have recorded it. May upload it on YouTube. Unbelievable really.

yea, so much so for troubling SRT. When hit for a six, run for cover, and say you can't bowl. Then you wait for the champion batsman to get to 90s, and then get him out when he is batting on one leg with hamstring injury, and then say it to the entire world that "i got sachin out"..I mean come on..

I personally don't find anything wrong in Akhtar refusing to bowl when SRT was hitting him all over. Many times batsmen try to get to non-striker's end if they are not picking a bowler well. It's exactly the same situation.

One thing was bad that Wasim, Waqar etc were teasing Akhtar when he refused to bowl second over even though he was asked to bowl.

I personally don't find anything wrong in Akhtar refusing to bowl when SRT was hitting him all over. Many times batsmen try to get to non-striker's end if they are not picking a bowler well. It's exactly the same situation.

One thing was bad that Wasim, Waqar etc were teasing Akhtar when he refused to bowl second over even though he was asked to bowl.

its not about right and wrong but we can see who among these two felt uncomfortable :msd

He already said this during 2011 wc. I didn't recorded it. This time I have recorded it. Lol. If I remember correctly, wasim said it was unfair on both wasim and waqar because they were on the verge of retirement and they had to bowl instead of youngster shoaib.

No batsman will be comfortable playing 150k+ deliveries.

Tendu dealt with Akhtar when Rawalpindi express was in his prime.

He already said this during 2011 wc. I didn't recorded it. This time I have recorded it. Lol. If I remember correctly, wasim said it was unfair on both wasim and waqar because they were on the verge of retirement and they had to bowl instead of youngster shoaib.

Waqar/Wasim actually asked Akhtar to bowl to SRT repeatedly. He was teased mercilessly by Wasim, Waqar and other teammates for refusing to bowl. I read it in article a while back.

Although I said earlier that a batsman avoiding the striker's end is same as a bowler refusing to bowl but I think there is one big difference. Batsman is done if he makes one mistake but bowler can make many mistakes and still put one good ball to take a wicket.

Probably, Akhtar should have bowled that over. Who knows, he could have taken the wicket and changed the game. All said and done, I didn't like the fact he was teased by his team mates during the match for refusing to bowl.

its not about right and wrong but we can see who among these two felt uncomfortable :msd

Well, Akhtar has Afridi as a witness for making SRT fear him :akhtar

Jokes aside, Akhtar and Afridi both talk a lot to media. You are bound to come up with some ridiculous statements if you are not thinking too much before saying something. Still not sure why Afridi went for some thing that ridiculous. Did he share any revenue of Akhtar's book by any chance?

Last edited:
Waqar/Wasim actually asked Akhtar to bowl to SRT repeatedly. He was teased mercilessly by Wasim, Waqar and other teammates for refusing to bowl. I read it in article a while back.

Although I said earlier that a batsman avoiding the striker's end is same as a bowler refusing to bowl but I think there is one big difference. Batsman is done if he makes one mistake but bowler can make many mistakes and still put one good ball to take a wicket.

Probably, Akhtar should have bowled that over. Who knows, he could have taken the wicket and changed the game. All said and done, I didn't like the fact he was teased by his team mates during the match for refusing to bowl.

Yeah, Well, didn't akthar made a statement before the match saying that he was gonna target sachin? I mean shoaib says lot of things , mostly self loathing and that's why he has been teased repeatedly. Just like he compared himself with imran and laughed at by asif and afridi in t 20 wc. If you listen to wasim in this program, he said he never heard of any bowler refused to bowl to a particular batsman.

I have heard from reliable source that a certain Pakistani opening batsman is about to make an astonishing revelation in the coming days.

"Steyn felt 'uncomfortable' while bowling at me"

Another Pakistani team mate confirmed the story and said "its true, I saw Steyn's legs shaking as he ran in to bowl".

Yeah, Well, didn't akthar made a statement before the match saying that he was gonna target sachin? I mean shoaib says lot of things , mostly self loathing and that's why he has been teased repeatedly. Just like he compared himself with imran and laughed at by asif and afridi in t 20 wc. If you listen to wasim in this program, he said he never heard of any bowler refused to bowl to a particular batsman.

Probably true because a bowler can make many mistakes and still come back. Can you post the clip?

every batsmen is uncomfortable while facing a tear away fast bowler especially if he is in form and full rhythm and Sachin is no different.

Probably true because a bowler can make many mistakes and still come back. Can you post the clip?

I have recorded it. Will upload it on YouTube tomorrow. Else, you can watch it on star sports. They are telecasting it everyday.

Last edited:
I have heard from reliable source that a certain Pakistani opening batsman is about to make an astonishing revelation in the coming days.

Another Pakistani team mate confirmed the story and said "its true, I saw Steyn's legs shaking as he ran in to bowl".

LOL, that would be epic. Many at PP were anyway saying that Steyn has been found out. There would have been some takers for that story as well but probably not for Hafeez.

every batsmen is uncomfortable while facing a tear away fast bowler especially if he is in form and full rhythm and Sachin is no different.

True, but there is a huge difference in being uncomfortable and shaking your legs due to fear. That's what Afridi/Akhtar had claimed earlier. Forget SRT, I really doubt that any world class batsman fears a bowler due to express pace in current era.

Being uncomfortable? -- Sure, that's very likely no matter how good a batsman you are.

Last edited:
"Sachin felt 'uncomfortable' while facing me." : Shoaib Akhtar

Let's be honest having to face a quick bowler like him wasn't easy . Obviously you wouldn't be comfortable knowing a bouncer to the head could cause serious damage .

most of the people here have not played real cricket to understand the threat of facing a bowler like Akhtar.

Open secret. Shoaib dominated Tendulkar as if he was a mere child for most of their battles, lets remember he even walked off in a test where he didn't hit it once just to get out of the way of the speed demon, and there's no shame in that, its smart if anything.

One look at the show where Akhtar is there as an 'expert', and the whole credibility goes down regarding him in general.
Not only does he harps on issues which everybody knows, he keeps reminding people about Imran Khan every single time.
To back the words of legs shook, we have the great afridi. That itself is a telling blow :)

Sachin faced Lee and Akhtar with aplomb and it is evident from the matches. Akhtar was a good bowler but his own lifestyle has been riddled with so many disciplinary issues, and keeping up the trend.. his words are refuted easily as well. There is hardly any chance to believe what he is saying.

I remember one incident when he was on an Indian talk show. And the host mentioned to him that regarding the legs shook incident, when this excerpt from his book was mentioned to Sachin.. His reply was that it was beyond his dignity to reply to this allegation. Super duper reply from Akhtar was: "Is it? Did he say that? Then it is beyond my dignity to respond to Sachin on his reaction" :))
Who said Sachin responded to Akhtar, or that he responded at all?? :D

Pakistani players, past and present have been maintaining a dismal record with the mic of late really.

"I reckon Sachin was the most difficult batsman to bowl to." Sachin Tendulkar

Now this is being a bit partial.. Isnt it? :p

Last edited:

lol you are funny. :misbah_old

"Sachin Tendulkar is the greatest player of the world. He changed the entire history of cricket." Shoaib Akhtar

Akhtar is becoming a joke now..... I still remember how after in his biography he mentions that for others Tendulkar is great but for him hes not great, but now look how he changes his statement...

THis guy is a fool...

Akhtar is becoming a joke now..... I still remember how after in his biography he mentions that for others Tendulkar is great but for him hes not great, but now look how he changes his statement...

THis guy is a fool...

Well, he was trying to sell his book and earn some money back then. Can't fault him for trying to earn some bucks. Talking rubbish may have helped him to sell some additional books.

THis guy is a fool...

No actually he said that for the Indians Sachin is a god, but not for him. His heroes are different. He was trying to make the point that many Pakistanis respect and appreciate Tendulkar but we obviously don't hold him to the same lofty standards that Indians do.

Open secret. Shoaib dominated Tendulkar as if he was a mere child for most of their battles, lets remember he even walked off in a test where he didn't hit it once just to get out of the way of the speed demon, and there's no shame in that, its smart if anything.

Lol. Wadda aaya Secret opener.

Aur Speed Demon Mohali mai kaha chup ke betha tha ? Sachin and Sehwag were out in the middle for the last battle , guess what the Rawalpindi Express chickened out due to the fear of repeat of Centurion. What a beast !

most of the people here have not played real cricket to understand the threat of facing a bowler like Akhtar.

most of the people here have not played real cricket to understand the threat of bowling to a batsman like Sachin Tendulkar.

Nothing wrong with what Shoaib is saying now, however, he has multiple tongues and loves to manipulate statements.

This is what not what he revealed in his book.

Shoaib is special, his ability to troll over one billion people by one interview is remarkable.

As per some intelligent and well informed posters here One Sachin Tendulkar, is no better then a club player in Pakistan. That can be easily proven by stats.
Let us just agree with that. Also accept that as a fact
Happy now.
All the problems solved & internet war won. Ahhhhh what a great feeling.
We defeated SRT on Internet forum.

Its funny how Shoaib always has an opinion of every batsman and judges them. But I havent heard too many great batsmen naming him as one of the Greatest bowlers they faced.

Leave Akhtar alone, the guy is just showing sachin some respect as the legend is about to retire

Also I am waiting for "hamare yahaan gali gali mein SRT baste hein"

I don't think Pakistani posters are as delusional as yourself to believe in that statement, but for you to even thinking about it makes me wonder.

Aur Speed Demon Mohali mai kaha chup ke betha tha ? Sachin and Sehwag were out in the middle for the last battle , guess what the Rawalpindi Express chickened out due to the fear of repeat of Centurion. What a beast !

Yes because being dropped = chickening out = choosing to walk when you miss the ball.

Instead of getting all emotional just remain calm and think about it. Did Shoaib have the upper hand against Tendulkar in most of their battles? Yes. Did he walk off when not being given out (in the game where his legs were apparently shaking)? Yes. Again, nothing wrong with not being up for the fight on a certain day - when somebody bowls 150+, lives can be at stake so I don't see why people get so offended.

Did he walk off when not being given out (in the game where his legs were apparently shaking)? Yes.

Btw, since when did walking became a sign of chickening out?

Last edited:
Sachin was a top player, he has declined greatly in the last three years however in his prime he could handle Akhtar, that is not to say that Akhtar did not have his moments, 150+ bowler is always scary.

SRT has played 28 international matches, in which Akhtar had played. In those matches, sachin's average is 44.13 with 2 centuries, 7 fifties and a strike rate of 76.

9 test matches in which Sachin averaged 42, and 19 ODIs in which Sachin averaged 46. In all, Akhtar has dismissed SRT 10 times, and i am sure in few of them Sachin would already have scored 50. Then there are matches like the 2003 WC, where Akhtar was pelted by SRT in his very first over, and then he chickened out, and didn't come to bowl for the next 10 overs. So much so for making SRT uncomfortable. So what exactly is that Akhtar keeps blabbing about? I don't see any phenomenal record Akhtar is having against Sachin, its just that he is one of those "mia mithoo" who keeps talking highly about himself.

Akhtar was an excellent bowler, but he was never as good as he talks about himself.

This. Guys like Akthar and KP thrive on hype and persona more than hard-work, dedication and consistency.

Akhtar changes his statements so often, that I find it hard to take him seriously now.

He told the truth earlier in his book. He is telling the truth now also. What's the big deal? He is paying tribute to a legendary batsman. What's wrong? These players respect each other in a sporting sense. I've seen Javed Miandad rating sachin as his favourite batsman. Today in the newspaper, I read he is saying that he don't even consider Sachin a 'Big Player.'

' Merayyyyyyy bhai ! ab aap dekhna Sachinistas ko kaise pichwaray maiN aag lagti hai ' :akhtar

stock-vector-spraying-fire-extinguisher-cartoon-53102776.jpg

Sachinistas ka to pata nahi, but sachin ne kisi ke pichwaray main bahut aag lagayi hai :akhtar

He told the truth earlier in his book. He is telling the truth now also. What's the big deal? He is paying tribute to a legendary batsman. What's wrong? These players respect each other in a sporting sense. I've seen Javed Miandad rating sachin as his favourite batsman. Today in the newspaper, I read he is saying that he don't even consider Sachin a 'Big Player.'

well, i don't know when he said that he doesn't consider Sachin a "big" player, not that it matters anyway. But this is what he said to PTI yesterday ""It is good to see this because Tendulkar deserves all this respect and tributes he has contributed a lot to Indian cricket over the years and his place among the master batsmen of the modern era is guaranteed,"

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cricketn...blic-memory-soon-javed-miandad/433862-78.html

and then the usual rant that he shud have retired early. Few people just can't stop living in past, even when past is down and dusted. The fact is SRT is playing his last match tomorrow, and lets just enjoy that rather than still debating when he should have retired.

For most Indians of my age circa 30, there is a strong association that we feel with SRT. Its not like it used to be in 90s/early 2000s bcoz since 2007 he has become more of an elitist property, always surrounded by film stars and Ambanis, but still in the memory of good old days, i am going tomorrow to watch the match at wankhede. Bought a ticket priced at Rs. 1000 for Rs. 7,500 from someone on fb. Now we have our own lives, and aspire to achieve big things in our lives so passion towards SRT is not there anymore, but there was a time when he meant a lot, more than anyone, to us. I don't think foreigners can ever understand our association with SRT.

Last edited:

I have seen people say this lie again and again for some reason? Why? He did hit it

Pungi, is it really worth it? RS:7,500

I thot abt it for 2 mins, and then i said to myself wth, let me just buy it. Its like someone getting a chance to see his first love, who cares if the "first love" is now married, has become a mother of 2, is fat and is not attractive nemore. In the memory of good old days, you still would want to meet her once, won't you?

Yes because being dropped = chickening out = choosing to walk when you miss the ball.

Instead of getting all emotional just remain calm and think about it. Did Shoaib have the upper hand against Tendulkar in most of their battles? Yes. Did he walk off when not being given out (in the game where his legs were apparently shaking)? Yes. Again, nothing wrong with not being up for the fight on a certain day - when somebody bowls 150+, lives can be at stake so I don't see why people get so offended.

The very fact that you have to lie that Sachin didn't hit the ball (he did) makes the rest of the post garbage too

No, Sohaib didn't have the upper hand most of the time. In one period when Sachin had elbow injury and was struggling against even the most innocuous of bowlers, he had one bad series against Sohaib. The same 160 kph went for naught the one time Sachin was in form and Sohaib chickened out. Now you can use this to paint any picture you want like you do with all your favorite players. For me, someone who played Donald, Waqar, Wasim comfortably at his peak cannot be rattled by a wannabe like Sohaib. But even the greatest of batsmen go through injuries and loss of form and that brief period when Sohaib had the upper hand (where people like Dhoni were hitting him around) was one such period

well, i don't know when he said that he doesn't consider Sachin a "big" player, not that it matters anyway. But this is what he said to PTI yesterday ""It is good to see this because Tendulkar deserves all this respect and tributes he has contributed a lot to Indian cricket over the years and his place among the master batsmen of the modern era is guaranteed,"

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cricketn...blic-memory-soon-javed-miandad/433862-78.html

and then the usual rant that he shud have retired early. Few people just can't stop living in past, even when past is down and dusted. The fact is SRT is playing his last match tomorrow, and lets just enjoy that rather than still debating when he should have retired.

For most Indians of my age circa 30, there is a strong association that we feel with SRT. Its not like it used to be in 90s/early 2000s bcoz since 2007 he has become more of an elitist property, always surrounded by film stars and Ambanis, but still in the memory of good old days, i am going tomorrow to watch the match at wankhede. Bought a ticket priced at Rs. 1000 for Rs. 7,500 from someone on fb. Now we have our own lives, and aspire to achieve big things in our lives so passion towards SRT is not there anymore, but there was a time when he meant a lot, more than anyone, to us. I don't think foreigners can ever understand our association with SRT.

This is what I am saying. He usually praises Sachin. He even said that Sachin is his favourite cricketer. But today, I read he is saying that he don't consider sachin a big player.

Well anybody who has a little bit of know how about cricket would realize that akhtar is right to say that sachin was scared of him at times while facing him. I still remember that bouncer in khi test in 2006 that really shook sachin. Many batsmen like Lara, ponting and Langer did admit that they were afraid of akhtar's pace at times. So not a big deal, after all its cricket and we are talking about one of the most fearsome and the fastest bowler in history.

Well anybody who has a little bit of know how about cricket would realize that akhtar is right to say that sachin was scared of him at times while facing him. I still remember that bouncer in khi test in 2006 that really shook sachin. Many batsmen like Lara, ponting and Langer did admit that they were afraid of akhtar's pace at times. So not a big deal, after all its cricket and we are talking about one of the most fearsome and the fastest bowler in history.

Link?

Ricky Ponting said once in an interview about this over, which is also published on the back on Shoaib Akhtar's book "Controversially yours"

::: "I had some great duels with Shoaib over the years," Ponting said. "To this day, I've always said he's the fastest bowler that I've ever faced in international cricket. There's one spell that everyone can watch on the internet of him bowling to me at the WACA. That was reasonably entertaining - more so for Justin Langer, who was at the other end laughing at me all the time when I was trying to keep Shoaib's deliveries out.
https://m.facebook.com/shoaibakhtar...?comment_id=135218&offset=0&total_comments=29

Langer is famous for his trilogy of duels with Shoaib Akhtar. They both have great respect for each other as well as fear. Langer once said he has nightmares because of thunderbolt bouncers and good length deliveries, Shoaib answered that he has nightmares of Langer's square cuts, cover drives, pulls and hooks
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Langer

^^^^Nowhere did Ponting said he was AFRAID of Akhtar.Now please link where did Lara said so.

Langer is famous for his trilogy of duels with Shoaib Akhtar. They both have great respect for each other as well as fear. Langer once said he has nightmares because of thunderbolt bouncers and good length deliveries, Shoaib answered that he has nightmares of Langer's square cuts, cover drives, pulls and hooks.[citation needed]

While quoting that from Wikipedia you comfortably missed the bolded part.

every batsman was afraid of Akhtar when he was bowling at extreme pace; does not matter if Tendulkar was a bit more afraid than Ponting. Ponting probably loves his life not as much as Tendulkar. What is the use of all your extreme wealth you have accumulated when you die before retiring and could not enjoy it? :akhtar

This, no one enjoy facing someone charging from boundary line and bowling at over 150 clicks, Read something similar from Hayden "he enjoyed hurting you,a very arrogant man" or something along the lines.

Donald(who is himself is one of the fiercest fast bowler to play the game) on Shoaib

Shoaib was undoubtedly the quickest, the meanest. The 1999 World Cup - Shoaib Akhtar arrived on the scene. The first game I watched, in my hotel room, where he yorked Adam Gilchrist [Steve Waugh] at 97 miles an hour.

I just thought that this kid is going to be a handful in this World Cup. You've got Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis and Shoaib Akhtar - comfortably the best three quicks on display in the World Cup in 1999.

But my goodness he was quick, he was seriously quick. And again, another young Pakistani bowler who could bowl yorkers at will. [There are] not that many batsmen in world cricket who could play the hook shot against him. I think the other two [Wasim and Waqar], you could still at times get hold of them, but Shoaib was skiddy. He wasn't a tall man, so it was a skiddy bouncer and it was very, very quick. You had to know your story with him. You had to choose the right ball to try and play the horizontal shot.

But he had everything. He had presence. He was a mean man. Look, he was absolutely ego-driven, that he was going to run all over you. And I think out of the three, definitely the quickest, not necessarily the most skillful, but not far away.

He had an action that was almost like he was getting ready to throw a javelin, because he sort of turned himself sideways a little bit, and then that slingy action at the end where the ball tailed in. He got 5 for 11 in a spell of 11 overs in Durban in which he blew South Africa away, and it was a Test that they won. He knocked over Lance Klusener and the stumps were everywhere. Thank goodness I faced him in the last ball of his spell. And it was absolutely blown. That, to me, was one of the best balls I've seen.

He hit Gary [Kirsten] hard in Lahore [in 2003]. Gary went for a hook shot and missed it and the ball went straight through. Gary actually spoke about that very recently and [said] it was the dumbest thing he's ever done - trying to hook him on one of the flattest wickets in the world. But that's what Shoaib is capable of doing. He made very great use of the new ball on a flat wicket. And then we all knew what he was capable of doing with the old ball because of the reverse swing.

But he was intimidating. He was very intimidating. I would actually say that out of the three of them, Shoaib Akhtar was the most intimidating bowler.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/video_audio/638803.html

We are all humans, fear is one of the basic human expressions and shaking of legs an involuntary preparatory action(to fight) from body. This is very normal nothing to be ashamed or being guilty of.

Last edited:
This, no one enjoy facing someone charging from boundary line and bowling at over 150 clicks, Read something similar from Hayden "he enjoyed hurting you,a very arrogant man" or something along the lines.

Donald(who is himself is one of the fiercest fast bowler to play the game) on Shoaib

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/video_audio/638803.html

We are all humans, fear is one of the basic human expressions and shaking of legs an involuntary preparatory action(to fight) from body. This is very normal nothing to be ashamed or being guilty of.
good post. if we believe that a human is after all still a human then it all makes sense. but if we start believing that a human is Nauzbillah a God then mental hospital is the only remedy.

Where did Langer said that he was AFRAID of Shoaib????????????

good post. if we believe that a human is after all still a human then it all makes sense. but if we start believing that a human is Nauzbillah a God then mental hospital is the only remedy.

You believe what you want to believe,let others believe what they want.Who are you to say that anyone needs to go to the mental hospital.

Ricky Ponting said once in an interview about this over, which is also published on the back on Shoaib Akhtar's book "Controversially yours"

::: "I had some great duels with Shoaib over the years," Ponting said. "To this day, I've always said he's the fastest bowler that I've ever faced in international cricket. There's one spell that everyone can watch on the internet of him bowling to me at the WACA. That was reasonably entertaining - more so for Justin Langer, who was at the other end laughing at me all the time when I was trying to keep Shoaib's deliveries out.
https://m.facebook.com/shoaibakhtar...?comment_id=135218&offset=0&total_comments=29

[/url]

How does this translate to Ponting being afraid of Akhtar? Any bowler putting some unplayable deliveries due to pace or swing or spin doesn't mean that Batsman was scared. You can find similar description of some other duals. They were entertaining for sure.

I seriously doubt that any world class batsman will be scared due to pace in current era. They may be more afraid of facing great bowling but not pure pace, specially with protective gears. Do we have any instance of world class batsman admitting or his team mates telling that he was afraid of express bowling in current era? Or for that matter, any kind of bowling or bowlers? Bowlers dominating or batsman dominating is totally different issue.

Last edited:
ITT some Pak fans proud about a bowler who was briefly good but was mostly known for his speed, itself a result of a very dodgy bowling action.

You take pride in that.

We'll take pride in Sachin :))

Wasn't the term Sachinist* banned here? Ah well

Back