"Sachin Tendulkar felt 'uncomfortable' while facing me." : Shoaib Akhtar

Actually Jason is very underrated. I can see the logic there. Jason is a top tier bowler. Played very few games though.
The other Aussie that's underrated is damo Fleming.

In addition to the ones I mentioned it means Shoaib is easily out of the top 20.

Btw West Indies back in their hey days used to bowl lots of no balls, beamers and bouncers. Unlimited bouncer rule. Factor that too. Shoaib would have been more deadly in that era. None of those batsman have faced someone like shoaib at 150 clicks. Give him option to bowl unlimited bouncers/no balls lol. What do you think would happend?

Now we can not compare any one generation with another. It doesn't work that way at all like opening a can of worms. Such comparisons can't be substantiated.

In no particular order.

Marshall, Akram, Holding, Lillee, Thompson, Garner, Roberts, Kapil, Steyn, Donald, Broad, Anderson, McGrath, Hadlee, Pollock, Waqar, Sarfaraz, Bond, Vaas, Brett Lee, Morkel, Walsh and Ambrose to name just a few.

Shane Bond? He was injured more often than shoaib. At least be consistent with what you value! Vaas? Morkel? Thompson? Kapil?

You’ve mixed military medium pacers like Pollock, Vaas, Sarfraz in there too

Personally there have been some great “bowlers” over the years so it is no shame to be below them. But some of the names in there are ridiculous.

I could probably name 20 better fast bowlers than shoaib, but your list is a joke!

Javagal Srinath at its peak was better than Akhtar in tests.

Injuries aside, Akhtar is one of the biggest match winners in test matches for Pakistan.
The first 3 or 4 tests pak won against Southafrica were all due to match winning spells from Akhtar.

Injuries aside, Akhtar is one of the biggest match winners in test matches for Pakistan.
The first 3 or 4 tests pak won against Southafrica were all due to match winning spells from Akhtar.

Agree with this.

Biggest draw as well, this guy put bums on seats.

Shane Bond? He was injured more often than shoaib. At least be consistent with what you value! Vaas? Morkel? Thompson? Kapil?

You’ve mixed military medium pacers like Pollock, Vaas, Sarfraz in there too

Personally there have been some great “bowlers” over the years so it is no shame to be below them. But some of the names in there are ridiculous.

I could probably name 20 better fast bowlers than shoaib, but your list is a joke!

Sarfaraz Nawaz at his peak was fast as was Kapil for a few years. Morkel was too where as Thompson in the 1970's was seriously quick. Together with Dennis Lillee they formed a scary attack then came Rodney Hogg and Geoff Lawson who were more medium fast then all out quickies.

So now you are gradually changing your views I see from Shoaib being so good to there being 20 better fast bowlers then him. You know nothing about Cricket or fast bowlers as is the case with all Shoaib Akhtar fans. A bowler who looks upon being a playboy as a quality shows his complete lack of class. Yes Bond despite being injury prone was till better then Shoaib.

I always disliked Shoaib right from the beginning. Not only was he always injured but never cared about his fitness levels either.

Sarfaraz Nawaz at his peak was fast as was Kapil for a few years. Morkel was too where as Thompson in the 1970's was seriously quick. Together with Dennis Lillee they formed a scary attack then came Rodney Hogg and Geoff Lawson who were more medium fast then all out quickies.

So now you are gradually changing your views I see from Shoaib being so good to there being 20 better fast bowlers then him. You know nothing about Cricket or fast bowlers as is the case with all Shoaib Akhtar fans. A bowler who looks upon being a playboy as a quality shows his complete lack of class. Yes Bond despite being injury prone was till better then Shoaib.

I always disliked Shoaib right from the beginning. Not only was he always injured but never cared about his fitness levels either.

Not changing my views at all, but with the likes of Marshall, Holding, Imran, Waqar, Wasim, Lillee, Ambrose etc there is no shame being below them. For peak, Shoaib was right up there. What takes him below top 20 in terms of greatness if his lack of matches. I’ve said that from the beginning.

You should only bracket shoaib really with the other truly express bowlers. I would name the following express bowlers I have seen:

Thommo
Holding (in the 70s
Roberts
Marshall (briefly)
Patrick Patterson
Waqar (pre 1995)
Donald (pre 1995)
Devon Malcolm
Zahid
Brett Schultz
Brett Lee
Shane Bond
Shaun Tait

Out of that lot. Only Holding, Waqar, Donald and maybe Roberts were better than him.

shoaib didn’t play as much as these guys but maintained his express pace right till the end. So in some ways he was still a matchwinner right at the end of his career whereas some of the others became less menacing through the course of their careers

You can like dislike shoaib was much as possible (who really cares) but to say shoaib wasn’t good or world class, you are very much in the minority and as a personal opinion you’re entitled to that, but not many would agree with you.

Not changing my views at all, but with the likes of Marshall, Holding, Imran, Waqar, Wasim, Lillee, Ambrose etc there is no shame being below them. For peak, Shoaib was right up there. What takes him below top 20 in terms of greatness if his lack of matches. I’ve said that from the beginning.

You should only bracket shoaib really with the other truly express bowlers. I would name the following express bowlers I have seen:

Thommo
Holding (in the 70s
Roberts
Marshall (briefly)
Patrick Patterson
Waqar (pre 1995)
Donald (pre 1995)
Devon Malcolm
Zahid
Brett Schultz
Brett Lee
Shane Bond
Shaun Tait

Out of that lot. Only Holding, Waqar, Donald and maybe Roberts were better than him.

shoaib didn’t play as much as these guys but maintained his express pace right till the end. So in some ways he was still a matchwinner right at the end of his career whereas some of the others became less menacing through the course of their careers

You can like dislike shoaib was much as possible (who really cares) but to say shoaib wasn’t good or world class, you are very much in the minority and as a personal opinion you’re entitled to that, but not many would agree with you.

178 wickets ot something does not classify him as an ATG. The problem is you think speed is king where as I believe other qualities are equally if not more important. Fitness is as important factor as being a great bowler as other attributes. Shoaib was mostly half decent with low order batsmen or the tail...the top order hammered him all day long.

"You can like dislike shoaib was much as possible (who really cares)". Obviously you do which is why you are defending him like a long lost brother separated from you at childhood:warner! Most Cricket experts and impartial friends do agree with me. It is only biased Pak fans like you who think Shoaib was world class. He was an imposter and s showman more then a serious fast bowler.
https://www.peterroebuck.com/shoaib-the-imposter/

And you are talking complete garbage by defending an injury prone gangster wannabe who took 178 Test wickets only.

Injury prone but stil manages to play more than some of your so called top 20 bowlers:)

178 wickets ot something does not classify him as an ATG. The problem is you think speed is king where as I believe other qualities are equally if not more important. Fitness is as important factor as being a great bowler as other attributes. Shoaib was mostly half decent with low order batsmen or the tail...the top order hammered him all day long.

"You can like dislike shoaib was much as possible (who really cares)". Obviously you do which is why you are defending him like a long lost brother separated from you at childhood:warner! Most Cricket experts and impartial friends do agree with me. It is only biased Pak fans like you who think Shoaib was world class. He was an imposter and s showman more then a serious fast bowler.
https://www.peterroebuck.com/shoaib-the-imposter/

Peter Roebuck? Seriously? Look him up

Which top order hammered him all day long? I guess when he was owning Hayden, destroying the whole backbone of the Aussie batting in Colombo, destroying the whole nz team over and over again, taking out Dravid, Tendulkar and co, that was in some alternate reality?

I will reiterate I don’t care whether you like him or not - that’s your opinion that no one really cares about. But when you start making cricketing arguments, you need to be corrected and schooled and boy are your getting schooled.

If you had just said “shoaib was rubbish because I don’t like him” - I wouldn’t reply to you. So to save us all a bit of time. Just admit that and we’ll stop schooling you.

Peter Roebuck? Seriously? Look him up

Which top order hammered him all day long? I guess when he was owning Hayden, destroying the whole backbone of the Aussie batting in Colombo, destroying the whole nz team over and over again, taking out Dravid, Tendulkar and co, that was in some alternate reality?

I will reiterate I don’t care whether you like him or not - that’s your opinion that no one really cares about. But when you start making cricketing arguments, you need to be corrected and schooled and boy are your getting schooled.

If you had just said “shoaib was rubbish because I don’t like him” - I wouldn’t reply to you. So to save us all a bit of time. Just admit that and we’ll stop schooling you.

No one including me is saying that Peter Roebuck was a legend. You on the other hand are telling is all here how brilliant your injured playboy wanna be was! See the difference? I guess with a massive test 178 wickets he did have a very few moments of success. By comparison the great Sachin whacked him all day long out of the park for fun:virat1

You do care if or not i like him which is why you keep blabbering on. I don't care if you like him either yet that will not stop me from expressing my views. That you think a bowler with 178 pathetic wickets is great and then compare him with a greatest batsman ever exposes your lack of understand and illogical argument. You are clearly biased just because Shoaib was Pakistani. You know nothing about Cricket which is why I am here to educate biased Pak fans like you. Only thing Shoaib ever did of note was that hat trick against India during the early days of his career.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we post facts without personal attacks? if not, posts will be removed.

87 wickets says it all for Shane Bond what a great career.

So none are world class then. At least Shane Bond didn't have an attitude problem, was not a junky and didn't fight with his team mates all the time.

So none are world class then. At least Shane Bond didn't have an attitude problem, was not a junky and didn't fight with his team mates all the time.

And stil managed to play more tests than Shane bond

And stil managed to play more tests than Shane bond

Shane fans never claimed he was a world beater. It is Shoaib fans who consider their hero to be a legend and an all time great. Nice joke:yuvi

Shane fans never claimed he was a world beater. It is Shoaib fans who consider their hero to be a legend and an all time great. Nice joke:yuvi

Both Shoaib and Bond were world beaters when they played. Anyone who doesn’t believe that needs to be re-educated about cricket.

Can we please stop beating round the bush.

Shoaib Akthar, love him or hate him, was the first and only bowler, to gift Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar his one and only golden duck, that too in India, Kolkota, 1999.

Tendulkar was always scared of playing Pakistan during the 90s (after the bloody nose courtesy of Waqar Younis), which is why he played the least number of Tests against Pakistan (top 8), had the lowest Average, against Pakistan, scored the least number of centuries vs Pakistan, and the best part was Dravid declared vs Pakistan when SRT was on 194. Ouch!

http://www.howstat.com/cricket/statistics/players/PlayerOpponents.asp?PlayerID=1735

Both Shoaib and Bond were world beaters when they played. Anyone who doesn’t believe that needs to be re-educated about cricket.

Rather those who think Shoaib was a world class bowler is incredibly immature and childish. Peter Roebuck knows much more then nobodies like you. He was a professional cricketer. I know how fickle and easily impressed Pak kid's like you are.

Rather those who think Shoaib was a world class bowler is incredibly immature and childish. Peter Roebuck knows much more then nobodies like you. He was a professional cricketer. I know how fickle and easily impressed Pak kid's like you are.

And MS Dhoni knows more than you by naming shoaib the toughest bowler he faced. We can go round in circles with this.

And Peter Roebuck please - not a very good cricketer and overall a criminal who leaped to death rather than get arrested. Sad, but true

And MS Dhoni knows more than you by naming shoaib the toughest bowler he faced. We can go round in circles with this.

And Peter Roebuck please - not a very good cricketer and overall a criminal who leaped to death rather than get arrested. Sad, but true

Where did MS say that and what is this with Peter Roebuck being a criminal? Even if he did say that his cricketing knowledge is to be respected. It is simple that no bowler with 178 test wickets can ever be called a legend or great. The numbers don't lie.

Back