Shahid Afridi - Take a Bow!

Bhaijaan

Hall of Famer
Runs
Post of the Week
:bow: :bow: :bow:

What a performance tonight, shame on his haters yar. :afridi
This guy has been a brilliant ODI player for a while now.

75 from 64 with the bat and a 5 wicket haul, wow. And THAT too in a low scoring game with both teams scoring just 200 odd runs.

139308.jpg

Last edited:
Please correct the spelling. I apologize for committing a major crime.

Brilliant performance, for me it's his best allround ODI display.

Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi

PCB banning afridi was a crime against humanity ...the international human rights commission should investegate afridis case

As I said in Aus vs SA thread, Afridi is the best spinner going around and he has more variety than even Warne.

What a brilliant flawless game for Afridi, who do you think will get the MOTM?

Damn he turned the match on it's head. Only he could have done that in the current Pak team.

What a day of Cricket we had. Two big players fought back, first Punter and then Afridi.

Okay, apologies for all my non-Mod like hyper posts during the Afridi show. Back to being sensible, ahem....

Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi

Afridi :afridi

Since 01/08, he's ave 28 with the ball and taking well over 1 wkt per game. Economy of 4.43.

Excellent performance, I knew he's gonna do something amazing today.

Well done Afridi!

AFRIDI ZINDABAD!

Match-winner of epic proportions!

75 crucial runs
injured himself
bowled his heart out
Took a 5-fer when game was out of our grasp

WON PAKISTAN THE MATCH AND THE SERIES!

this is easily his best performance, hopefully he'll continue like this. Leaving the thinking to misbah has helped him

Great performance. One of the best in recent times.

One of the best all round efforts no doubt. Can a single player have so much impact on a team game?

:afridi

Best match performance in 15 years of Cricket?

What say :13:
It's not the end, it's the start of great things to come. Rest of the teams should be worried :afridi

After 35 overs i thought SL will cross it easily.
Good bowling by Pak and also SL take credit for what they did.

Afridi :bow:

This is truely epic

he came in with his side 5 down for 70 odd and scored a 75. and then takes five wickets with the opposition 155-3 chasing a meager 200.

Two man of the match performances in one match. Only Lala could have done it. Just brilliant !!

Tremendous performance, ditching the captaincy has helped his performance enormously. Now he is playing without pressure and burden of captaincy. Excellent all-round performance.

Mashallah Afridi bhai is in great form even though he came back after months. :bow:

today his innings was really good

just needs to bat like that everytime instead of losing the plot and trying to hit everything aerial

i wish people would lay of farhat he is not even the worst batsmen in these 4 games that we have played

instead one should be looking at misbah ul tuk and what he is up to and what mentality he is coming out with whilst batting and his pathetic runouts

selection of parchi malik who these days seems all at sea at international level worst inning i have seen for a while, whilst shafiq has been discarded and deserves to be playing infact i think shafiq should rather play.

umar akmal and his reckless brainless batting shuffling swinging swooshing at everything in last 2 innings , then today going on the backfoot to the legspinner twice the second time losing his wicket, the first time a close call.

i think these are more pressing points than just hating farhat for the sake of it.

bowling can't be questioned infact all our bowlers throughout the 4 games have bowled well even razzaq and sohail tanvir.
the spin trio have just been world class.

this is easily his best performance, hopefully he'll continue like this. Leaving the thinking to misbah has helped him

Take A bow D2E, didn't think you'll ever say something positive about Afridi,

BTW where is Zain hiding, hahaha

This was the perfect game a cricketer could ask for.

Team is down and out with the bat, you score a blitzing 75 and rescue them just enough to instill belief.

Team is down and out with ball, you take 5 wickets in no time, getting 2 legends of the game and taking a stunning catch in the process.

My god, what a day for Afridi, respect

Sharjah's die-hard cricket tragics waited eight years to see their favourite team in one-day action. They went back, sated by five unforgettable vistas of Shahid Afridi's trademark arms-aloft celebration, as he single-handedly nipped Sri Lanka in a dramatic finish. Chasing 201 to level the series, Sri Lanka were on course with Mahela Jayawardene and Kumar Sangakkara dictating terms with half-centuries, reducing the equation to 46 needed off 74 balls. Afridi was, however, reading from a script no one else had access to. He derailed the tail with a mix of legbreaks, googlies and fastish offspinners, as Sri Lanka floundered hopelessly to lose their last seven wickets for just 19 runs.

A very good writeup from cricinfo.

shades of t20 semifinal trent bridge
the king of karachi , peshawar ,lahore , nottingham and sharjah :harsha
take a bow lala:bow::bow::bow:

A Movie-Like Performance By Lala Today..

I thought I was watching a Bollywood movie today.

The team is in big trouble.. The hero comes in to save the day, crowd chants "Afridi, Afridi, Afridi.."while he is waiting for the ball to come to his bat, sweat dripping down the forehead. Eyebrows pinched, eyes focused, the soil bounces up as the beast slams the bat down 2 times... Malinga runs in, throws a bouncer, and the hero smacks the ball for a HUGE six to score a half century!!..Crowd goes wild, not a man, child, or a woman sitting in the seat. The hero salutes the crowd, raises his bat and helps Pakistan to score 200.

Its Pakistan's turn to defend a low total. Everyone is tensed. The audience at this time has lost hope. Dilshan smacks the bowler for a four, the hero runs to save the ball from crossing the boundary but injures his knee while doing the hero-like dive..He is in pain, he cannot get up!! He is carried away to be checked by the medical staff. The audience copes with the mystery of whether we would see him in action again or not!!..after 20 or so minutes, bang!...We see the hero running in the the ground like nothing happened..

Team is in trouble yet again, captain gives him the ball, the crowd goes wild!!....and what happens next, folks, is one of the greatest endings ever to a sports movie.

whatta movie!

129384.jpg

Last edited:
Don't fergot he was probably playing with Pain Killers after that bad injury. Hope he is not heart much.

Sharjah's die-hard cricket tragics waited eight years to see their favourite team in one-day action. They went back, sated by five unforgettable vistas of Shahid Afridi's trademark arms-aloft celebration, as he single-handedly nipped Sri Lanka in a dramatic finish. Chasing 201 to level the series, Sri Lanka were on course with Mahela Jayawardene and Kumar Sangakkara dictating terms with half-centuries, reducing the equation to 46 needed off 74 balls. Afridi was, however, reading from a script no one else had access to. He derailed the tail with a mix of legbreaks, googlies and fastish offspinners, as Sri Lanka floundered hopelessly to lose their last seven wickets for just 19 runs.

A very good writeup from cricinfo.
Nicely written that. :14:

Oh nyi veerey, hatred is a strong word.We ridicule his casual comments sometimes but most of us admire him. There are not many watchable Cricketers in your team these days. Afridi is pure entertainment and a very fine ODI player actually. One of the best in the world.

I dont think so.
Probably he is the only pakisthani we love ( considering :wasim is a half Indian ) :D

Last time I checked, Kanpur was still part of India! :p

Oh nyi veerey, hatred is a strong word.We ridicule his casual comments sometimes but most of us admire him. There are not many watchable Cricketers in your team these days. Afridi is pure entertainment and a very fine ODI player actually. One of the best in the world.

:14:
I love honest people because honesty requires being brave! :)

Magnificent performance. Not a big Afridi fan but kudos to him :afridi

best allround performance by a player in recent times & contributions both with the bat and ball under pressure .

What a performance Lala.

What a gift from Afridi to his fans.

Much needed gift for Pakistan.

Also, one should note that Afridi taught good lesson to many. 'Haters exist on internet forums' and 'sports haters are made on internet forums'. It doesn't affect the beast. :afridi

I mean how can you hate the guy who won you 09 T20 WC. Took highest wickets in WC 11. Took team to semi-final 11 wc. And 'still' many people disliked him, just because there are lots of 'hate' thread created on forums!!! (Is this exclusive for Pakistan only?) or exclusive for Internet forums!!! or media only!!

LOL Afridi clean bowled many today even outside 22 yards!!

he is already MOTS even with a game to go!

Unfortunately, I missed the whole game. :facepalm

Last edited:
What a performance Lala.

Also, one should note that Afridi taught good lesson to many. 'Haters exist on internet forums' and 'sports haters are made on internet forums'. It doesn't affect the beast. :afridi

I mean how can you hate the guy who won you 09 T20 WC. Took highest wickets in WC 11. Took team to semi-final 11 wc. And 'still' many people disliked him, just because there are lots of 'hate' thread created on forums!!! (Is this exclusive for Pakistan only?) or exclusive for Internet forums!!! or media only!!

LOL Afridi clean bowled many today!!

Spot on. I feel that Afridi gets judged on his batting too much (batting should be a bonus) and the 'haters' for some reason overlook his bowling, his fielding and the sheer exhuberance he brings onto the field. Teams would definitely have him in their side than be playing against him.

What a performance Lala.

LOL Afridi clean bowled many today even outside 22 yards!!

Good questions.....

Any hater taker???

Only player to have achieved twice the feat of taking 5 wickets or more and a half century or more in the same match.

Spot on. I feel that Afridi gets judged on his batting too much (batting should be a bonus) and the 'haters' for some reason overlook his bowling, his fielding and the sheer exhuberance he brings onto the field. Teams would definitely have him in their side than be playing against him.

click on my signatures ... #1 and #2.

watching quick highlights now!!

Beauty to get rid of Sanga.

Very good keeping by Sarfraz.

And Mahela now ... good low catch by Hafeez, Afridi forced him to drive just like Sanga's delivery! Trapped!

Well played afridi bhai, i missed his bowling part of the match but luckily was able to watch his batting! Was watching it on my iphone at work and ignoring the customers :) ! Luckily i am my own boss so i didn't lose my job .. Hehe

Back