Shahid Afridi - Take a Bow!

Heart touching tribute to Afridi by Star Sports live in their coverage.

Well deserved... Respect being shown.

Brett Lee - I always enjoyed watching Shahid bat.

Wasim Akram - We have made Shahid Afridi what he's become lets face it. This is how he plays.

Akhtar - ''Allah kare Afridiworld cup jeet ke retire ho.''

Sadder thing is this thread will die along with Afridi's career when/if/how he retires.

Sadder thing is this thread will die along with Afridi's career when/if/how he retires.

That would be sad. Just like the Sachin Ultimate discussion thread. At one time that was PP's finest hang out place.

#EndofAnEra it's all over FC, the final star of the Attitude era is finished.

Looks like.

Feeling quite weird. He looked in great touch for the short while he stayed there, like always.

he looks so upset :(

wished he had a better send off but oh well

Like the classy man he is, shook hands with opponents leading from the front.

Afridi is playing in Afghanistan premier league tonight. So lucky to still witness the legend.

FC, your afridi Bhai is getting some treatment from unknown batsmen tonight. 2-0-27-0

Any Afridi fans know why he stopped bowling his faster one, midway during his career? It used to be a potent delivery but never saw him bowling in second half of his career.

Legendary Afridi Bhai finishes his spell with 4-0-55-0, costliest of the match. Finally he seems to be ageing, will he play next PSL?

Legendary Afridi Bhai finishes his spell with 4-0-55-0, costliest of the match. Finally he seems to be ageing, will he play next PSL?

He has not played cricket for months. Coming back from injuries. The wicket is flat and it's Sharjah, so short boundaries. There is lots of dew as well. No easy conditions.

He has not played cricket for months. Coming back from injuries. The wicket is flat and it's Sharjah, so short boundaries. There is lots of dew as well. No easy conditions.

He was finished way back in 2015. Still remember him during the WC in AUS. Walking around like a lost soul.

He will get smashed to pieces.

50 in just 14 deliveries.

Smashed Wabby Riaz. What a legend!

:afridi

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">4 sixes off 4 balls for Shahid Afridi today against Wahab Riaz in the T10 League <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/T10League?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#T10League</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a> <a href="https://t.co/6ffU9FXutb">pic.twitter.com/6ffU9FXutb</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/1068914717891194880?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 1, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Why Afridi is not part of Pakistan's T20i and ODI teams i have no idea.

He clearly still has it!

It is fair to say that Afridi has retired not because he is past it but because he does not want to give his haters chance to whine. He has retired gracefully but is still a star. Legends never die always remember that.

I wish to see the All Stars T20s soon.

He will keep performing in low level club cricket like T10 and T20. Performing in these leagues don't matter much. I would consider Ramprakash performances after retirement in his last few seasons in first-class cricket more legendary stuff!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Shahid Afridi has denied reports suggesting he was being linked to a post in the Pakistan Cricket Board "I am too busy with my foundation work these days and just came to know about such speculation from the media" <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/1306636448544759809?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 17, 2020</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cricket without Sachin and Afridi just doesn't feel right to me.

It's unfortunate that Afridi is not part of the coaching setup for PCrt when every other unproven Heckle, Jeckle and :facepalm are made coaches. Lala was playing modern day ODI cricket back in 1996. PCB should pay him whatever he asks and make him white-ball batting and spin bowling coach. Would do wonders for the side. Would have been better than Jos Buttler had there been similar playing conditions in the 90's and early 00's.

It's unfortunate that Afridi is not part of the coaching setup for PCrt when every other unproven Heckle, Jeckle and :facepalm are made coaches. Lala was playing modern day ODI cricket back in 1996. PCB should pay him whatever he asks and make him white-ball batting and spin bowling coach. Would do wonders for the side. Would have been better than Jos Buttler had there been similar playing conditions in the 90's and early 00's.

I see what you did there. Let's see who takes the bait.

Afridi has grown too big to be a PCB employee. He's I believe after Imran, Miandad, Wasim the biggest superstar in Pakistan, probably even ahead of Akhtar?

The only position fitting enough for him is to be a PCB chairman in future but in all honesty administration isn't his thing. He should continue his charity work and build a political career using it as a launch pad. I see him following Imran's footsteps. He can crack it it he learns when to say what.

Afridi has grown too big to be a PCB employee. He's I believe after Imran, Miandad, Wasim the biggest superstar in Pakistan, probably even ahead of Akhtar?

The only position fitting enough for him is to be a PCB chairman in future but in all honesty administration isn't his thing. He should continue his charity work and build a political career using it as a launch pad. I see him following Imran's footsteps. He can crack it it he learns when to say what.

:afridi

Lol the PCB has approached Afridi for sponsorship help for their regional teams. Afridi might look to buy a PSL team down the line as well.

He has already cracked it by not getting involved. There is no such thing as an administration or coaching job in Pakistan where a former legend can escape unscathed. The further he stays away from any official role in Pakistan cricket the better for his reputation and future earnings.

He also has nothing to offer anyway, but since when did that stop anyone in our country :))

Look forward to see him.as PCB chairman in near future to bring a paradigm shift. He brought it as a cricketer in 1996 when he helped changed Cricket forever. Now time to do it as an administrator.

Karachi: Former flamboyant international cricketer Shahid Afridi said he would love to run a cricket academy for youngsters in the metropolis.

Afridi toured his childhood ground here named ‘TMC’ Cricket Ground and met his coaches whom he had worked with during the early days of his career. Speaking to media on the occasion, Afridi expressed the hope to form a cricket academy at the ground.

“I started my career from this ground and a lot of memories are tied from it. It is great to be back here after so many years,” said Afridi.

“If a cricket academy establishes here, I would love to run it by myself and groom as youngsters,” he added.

Look forward to see him.as PCB chairman in near future to bring a paradigm shift. He brought it as a cricketer in 1996 when he helped changed Cricket forever. Now time to do it as an administrator.

तुम्हारे मुँह में घी शक्कर|

Another feather in his cap.

==

World is welcoming Pakistani former captain Shahid Afridi in Disabled Cricketers world.
Head of Disability Cricket England & Wales Cricket Ian Martin is praising Shahid Afridi as Honoury Chairman of Pakistan Disabled Cricket Association.

In his statement Ian Martin says inclusion of Boom Boom will give a Big Boom to physically Disabled Cricket around the world

“Pakistan Disabled cricket association and in particular Amir, want to say congratulations and well done on securing the services of Shahid Afridi to support physical disability in Pakistan” he stated

He added “Ultimately around the World. It's a magnificent move it can only benefit our game and it's great to have somebody of his profile and excellent cricket star player to support physical disability cricket as we stick to grow the game globally”

“Well done to everybody and I hope to see you soon” Martin said

:bow: :bow: :bow:

What a performance tonight, shame on his haters yar. :afridi
This guy has been a brilliant ODI player for a while now.

75 from 64 with the bat and a 5 wicket haul, wow. And THAT too in a low scoring game with both teams scoring just 200 odd runs.

139308.jpg

Pakistan team of today misses someone like Afridi badly.

You only miss something when it’s gone, hence proven.

Shaheen is not the Afridi who was promised in the prophecy.

Remembering good old days. You never know what you have until it’s gone forever.

All those who spoke of Afridi back in the day, if you have any self respect you should post your formal apologies in this thread and ask for forgiveness.

Remembering good old days. You never know what you have until it’s gone forever.

All those who spoke of Afridi back in the day, if you have any self respect you should post your formal apologies in this thread and ask for forgiveness.
As an ODI bowler he was solid and improved with age. In T20s he was incredible with the ball. But with the bat in all 3 formats he was pathetic. He did merit a place in the team at times on his bowling alone, never once did he merit a place with his batting.

His attitude was also dreadful summed up by the selfish and humiliating retirement from Test cricket in that fixing scandal series.

Had Afridi played for Australia he would have been dropped very early on for an extended period which would either forced him to get his act together or permanently keep him out.

Afridi also put a ball in his mouth to humiliate himself and our country on the international stage - things like that do more damage than losing matches.

Afridi also got banned for tampering with the wicket if I recall at Faisalabad when a gas cannister exploded.

As an ODI bowler he was solid and improved with age. In T20s he was incredible with the ball. But with the bat in all 3 formats he was pathetic. He did merit a place in the team at times on his bowling alone, never once did he merit a place with his batting.

His attitude was also dreadful summed up by the selfish and humiliating retirement from Test cricket in that fixing scandal series.

Had Afridi played for Australia he would have been dropped very early on for an extended period which would either forced him to get his act together or permanently keep him out.

Afridi also put a ball in his mouth to humiliate himself and our country on the international stage - things like that do more damage than losing matches.

Afridi also got banned for tampering with the wicket if I recall at Faisalabad when a gas cannister exploded.

Sorry I missed the part where you apologized for being mean to Shahid Afridi in the past.

Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi, Afridi

Ever since his retirement, I have not seen excitement and craze of this level from Pakistani fans for any cricketer.

Whatever Afridi did was to help the team win. He did not sell his country. I don't remember seeing him dropping a catch. He used to lift the team with his personality. His batting was hit or miss. When miss, Pakistan didn't lose much, because there were better batsmen. But when he hit, it was spectacular and there was no need for others. If Afridi played for Australia, he would not be Afridi. Afridi was a quintessential Pakistani: unpredictable, flawed, but always capable of jaw dropping brilliance.

Whatever Afridi did was to help the team win. He did not sell his country. I don't remember seeing him dropping a catch. He used to lift the team with his personality. His batting was hit or miss. When miss, Pakistan didn't lose much, because there were better batsmen. But when he hit, it was spectacular and there was no need for others. If Afridi played for Australia, he would not be Afridi. Afridi was a quintessential Pakistani: unpredictable, flawed, but always capable of jaw dropping brilliance.

Thanks for that summary, Harsha Bhogle

Like making a joke of us the international stage hy putting a whole cricket ball in his mouth?

How about making a mockery of retirement by constantly coming in and out of retirement.

You talk about his spectacular batting but where was it when we needed it the most? The guy averaged in his low 20s meaning he failed very often. How many times did he throw his wicket away when strike rotation was the requirement? How many times did he hack across the line when we needed him to see out a period of play?

Afridi was and is overrated. But worse still is how much he humiliated Pakistan.

Afridi I’m even as a spinner would have turned it around for Pakistan in this test series.

Back