Shahid Afridi - Take a Bow!

Its ridiculous how easy he makes batting look when he means to spent some time out there in the middle.

:out

But he has earned everyone's respect tonight. Lovely effort ! well done bro

His inning won the game here for Pakistan. Harris also played very well.

Congrats to all.

Afridi was the real game changer tonight, is something people should acknowledge, appreciate and respect.

Fantastic knock by Afridi tonight.. clutch innings late in the day. Turned it around. Good job :afridi

btw who invent that ear plug theory.. worked amazingly for afridi so far..

Showed again he has the ability... And I always believed he has it.

sent from my oneplusone using tapatalk

I'm afraid this innings will do more harm than good for Pakistan. Last time he did something like this was in Asia cup.

Love him! Or Hate him!

I’ve been keep saying this and I will say again.

Whatever few odi Pakistan won, since Misbah took over , most of those games Afridi was best or second best performer

Love him! Or Hate him!

I’ve been keep saying this and I will say again.

Whatever few odi Pakistan won, since Misbah took over , most of those games Afridi was best or second best performer

Hahaha, completely wrong. You're suggesting that Afridi was the best or 2nd best performer in the majority of 40 wins. Typical Pakistanis, don't do research and make ridiculous statements to hype the most overrated player in professional sports.

Only seen the scorecard, looks like he had a good game.

How was his bowling though- flat darts or some deception returning to his craft?

Did he wear earplugs again? It would hilariously Afridi if earplugs gave him a late career boost to go out in style (again).

Afridi last 10 innings - 206

Misbah last 10 innings - 165.

Yet Afridi is the one we all argue against.

Afridi last 10 innings - 206

Misbah last 10 innings - 165.

Yet Afridi is the one we all argue against.

Jesus!!! 206 off 10 innings is nothing to write home about. Also Misbah is terribly out of form, here's hoping he finds it during the series.

Jesus!!! 206 off 10 innings is nothing to write home about. Also Misbah is terribly out of form, here's hoping he finds it during the series.

206 runs at Afridi-esque SR alongside his wickets is a very very good return.

206 runs at Afridi-esque SR alongside his wickets is a very very good return.

In this entire year he's scored 210 runs from 12 ODI innings while picking up 9 wickets at a bowling average of 55

They've both been in pretty bad form but suggesting Afridis return, massively boosted by todays knock, is very very good is a bit OTT IMO. Misbah needs to score runs and quick and Afridi needs to play like he did today far more often.

Afridi.jpg

Pakistan have only won 5 ODIs in 2014 and Afridi won us 3 with bat while finished one. #matchwinner :afridi

Turned the match right on its head. 3 sixes in the over, Afridi on fire right now.

BOOM BOOM

Damn he just departed right after i bumped the thread. He was looking so good out there. Put Woakes in his place ina true Baap-Beta style.

Nonethel;ess, he has brought Pak in the game\. Job done from his end, all up to Sarfraz now to win it for Lala.

4 & 6

Sarfraz taking it over from Afridi.

Pakistan in driver's seat right now.

Feeling sad for Afridi. :(

It was simply awesome what he did to Woakes.

Sorry bro but that is a thankless comment.

Lala got you right back in the game. Give credit where its due.

what game? We still lost at the end..

Is socring 18 runs off an over the criteria for ones performance in toays cricket.

Just because you hit 3 sixes doesnt mean you should throw your wicket away by swinging at everything when you have two full overs left.

Had Umar Akmal done the same mistake, everyone would had been after him.

Is socring 18 runs off an over the criteria for ones performance in toays cricket.

Just because you hit 3 sixes doesnt mean you should throw your wicket away by swinging at everything when you have two full overs left.

I am sorry but you dont know Cricket then.

It's T20 cricket, 18 off one over is a big deal and in the given situation he got us back in the game. In T20 the aim is to slog it's not always going to come off every time so I wouldn't say he through his wicket away in the situation because we needed him to smash the ball, he bought pak back from the dead playing in the same manner. Sarfraz and Anwar should have finished it off.

What's sad to see is he was the only bowler who knew how to hit a fast bowler out of the park.

Pakistan has very batsmen in our history who can hit fast bowling like he could.
No one in our whole top order is courageous enough to hit fast bowling like that. All are soft touches.

What's sad to see is he was the only bowler who knew how to hit a fast bowler out of the park.

Pakistan has very batsmen in our history who can hit fast bowling like he could.
No one in our whole top order is courageous enough to hit fast bowling like that. All are soft touches.

Umar Akmal can do it, has done it in the past, like the 2nd T20 against Malinga. Also smacked Malinga around in his prime.

Umar Akmal can do it, has done it in the past, like the 2nd T20 against Malinga. Also smacked Malinga around in his prime.

Bur yea you are right Umar Akmal does it better than Afridi. But he hasn't been in the side for long. Led me to forget his name.

What saddens me is that even now, we do not have a single player who can hit sixes like him.

Also, Sohaib Maqsood's fielding alone is enough to never let him get close to the squad. Like never ever ... forget how useless he is with the bat.

egg on the face of all the afridi haters after last night.

the king of pakistani cricket is back babeh!!

I am sorry, this forum has taught me that no matter how good the bowling/batting performance, if team doesn't win it is choking and doesn't count

I am sorry, this forum has taught me that no matter how good the bowling/batting performance, if team doesn't win it is choking and doesn't count

What he did yesterday might have destroyed Woakes' career. I doubt if he will ever be the same again.

Farhad Reza is not even a proper bowler, he is a bits and pieces all-rounder

And also arguably the worst allrounder to have played for Bangladesh.

Farhad Reza is not even a proper bowler, he is a bits and pieces all-rounder

And also arguably the worst allrounder to have played for Bangladesh.

Afridi just made it official!

Afridi has always been a Bangladesh bully. Didn't he murder Shakib and your pacers on his way to an 8 sixes including heart breaker of a knock some time ago which left half of Bangladesh in tears?

Afridi has always been a Bangladesh bully. Didn't he murder Shakib and your pacers on his way to an 8 sixes including heart breaker of a knock some time ago which left half of Bangladesh in tears?

He made some Bengali girls cry :)) perhaps on PP as well lmao

Exactly.
Jab maar paray toh he is not even good. And the same farhad would have been over-hyped if they would have won.

Exactly.
Jab maar paray toh he is not even good. And the same farhad would have been over-hyped if they would have won.

Exactly.

Lulloo gendbaaz gets fluke wickets and gets overhyped but mahaan ballebaaz beats the crap out of him and it gets played down due to lulloo bowler. Ain't no justice for henchmen. :afridi

[MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION] and [MENTION=139833]kassana420[/MENTION]

Stop being stupid and irritating by bringing WWE nonsense into this thread.

Captain Sher Dil messing from the front.

Bye bye Guptil. :out

Afridi has already brought the total down by 30-40,runs beer I reckon.

Awful captaincy. Persisting with Anwar when you needed a killer blow.

3 overs 18 runs. Priced scalp of Guptil.

Last edited by a moderator:
He seems to have got some of his drift back (whether that is because of the excessive wind today or some work off the pitch is a different question), but that is what made him potent so atleast on that front good signs ahead of wt20

Shahid Afridi, we love you too l Open letter by a die hard proud and patriotic Indian.

I only started watching cricket from late 90s onwards but the little I know about the history of the game, I can very confidently claim that 90s was probably the most glorious era in Cricket. I was fortunate to have witnessed the era when cricket boomed and we had legends playing in pretty much each of the top 8 sides in Cricket. Even Zimbabwe had a great in Flower. I was even more fortunate to have witnessed a player that touched everyone of us's hearts in a manner I again confidently claim no cricketer has ever done before to his fans and that of course was our very own little master Sachin Tendulkar. We grew with Sachin's career. Here I was gradually passing from one class to the other in school, college and university and there Sachin was in the field breaking records after records. It was an era of icons, of course all good things come to an end one day and eventually all these stars of 90s started retiring one after another and here I was feeling like Lord Voldemort in HP seeing his horcruxes getting destroyed. Voldemort's soul remained alive in his 7 horcruxes and my soul as a young die hard cricket fan remained alive in these legends of 90s. You may be wondering where is Afridi in all this but here we come, it is March 2016 and the last living superstar of the 90s is about to play his final tournament. Whatever I wrote above has to be said to understand the feeling in mine as well as my brother and idol Shahid Afridi's heart right now. A heart that melted seeing supposedly hostile fans of a supposedly enemy nation in total awe of him leading to him saying what he said, words that got taken out of context by people who don't feel much but think too much. The greatest problem of our time. People these days unfortunately just aren't patient and peaceful enough to think rationally. What Afridi said were the words of a kid who lived the Pakistan dream for 20 years and is about to finally retire. Afridi needs our support, our encouragement. Regardless of his countless achievements we still don't claim too much about him as a player but I just request people to be respectful. Afridi is the last of the stars. As a passionate and patriotic Indian I have loved to hate and diss Pakistani players and fans, all on good competitive spirit but when these Akhtars, Afridis are no more, even I feel discouraged to indulge in banter. Afridi's that spark who's kept the interest of the average fans alive in an era when there weren't any real stars. Last 5-10 years of Palistan cricket have been your poorest in terms of talent and achievements and yet Afridi's kept the interest alive. Respect him for that. He's not an oxford intellectual. He's been into cricket from his early teens. He did not get to develop on his soft skills early in his career but he's shown a good honest heart even when he behaved outrageously. His name never appeared in match fixing. His name never appeared in drug abuse. I don't know what people really want from Afridi. It seems like no matter what he does, a certain lobby is always waiting there to pounce on him and bash him. Give it up. 20 years of Shahid Afridi! The countdown clock is ticking. Afridi looks emotional and tense, he needs your encouragement now more than ever before. I thought what Afridi said was the statement of a mature leader who wants to settle things as quickly as possible and divert the attention to cricket from all the negativity and politics. As an Indian, I thought it was sweet and Afridi bhai we totally appreciate you for that and let me honestly tell you I am sure millions of Indians and not just me alone love you just as much and probably more than we love some of our players. I will pray we get you out brother because you scare us to death with your presence. A lion is a lion, old or young. But my prayers are always with you. Do well, may god bless you and always be the same Afridi!

Jai Sri Ram! :)

Lots of emotions in single post. No formating gives it certain heartfelt feeling.
:sa

I want Afridi to end on a high and win every match except when playing against India.

Feel really bad for him right now, the guy looks so stressed in literally every picture in the last few days.

Hang in there Lala, we're with you. :sa

I only started watching cricket from late 90s onwards but the little I know about the history of the game, I can very confidently claim that 90s was probably the most glorious era in Cricket. I was fortunate to have witnessed the era when cricket boomed and we had legends playing in pretty much each of the top 8 sides in Cricket. Even Zimbabwe had a great in Flower. I was even more fortunate to have witnessed a player that touched everyone of us's hearts in a manner I again confidently claim no cricketer has ever done before to his fans and that of course was our very own little master Sachin Tendulkar. We grew with Sachin's career. Here I was gradually passing from one class to the other in school, college and university and there Sachin was in the field breaking records after records. It was an era of icons, of course all good things come to an end one day and eventually all these stars of 90s started retiring one after another and here I was feeling like Lord Voldemort in HP seeing his horcruxes getting destroyed. Voldemort's soul remained alive in his 7 horcruxes and my soul as a young die hard cricket fan remained alive in these legends of 90s. You may be wondering where is Afridi in all this but here we come, it is March 2016 and the last living superstar of the 90s is about to play his final tournament. Whatever I wrote above has to be said to understand the feeling in mine as well as my brother and idol Shahid Afridi's heart right now. A heart that melted seeing supposedly hostile fans of a supposedly enemy nation in total awe of him leading to him saying what he said, words that got taken out of context by people who don't feel much but think too much. The greatest problem of our time. People these days unfortunately just aren't patient and peaceful enough to think rationally. What Afridi said were the words of a kid who lived the Pakistan dream for 20 years and is about to finally retire. Afridi needs our support, our encouragement. Regardless of his countless achievements we still don't claim too much about him as a player but I just request people to be respectful. Afridi is the last of the stars. As a passionate and patriotic Indian I have loved to hate and diss Pakistani players and fans, all on good competitive spirit but when these Akhtars, Afridis are no more, even I feel discouraged to indulge in banter. Afridi's that spark who's kept the interest of the average fans alive in an era when there weren't any real stars. Last 5-10 years of Palistan cricket have been your poorest in terms of talent and achievements and yet Afridi's kept the interest alive. Respect him for that. He's not an oxford intellectual. He's been into cricket from his early teens. He did not get to develop on his soft skills early in his career but he's shown a good honest heart even when he behaved outrageously. His name never appeared in match fixing. His name never appeared in drug abuse. I don't know what people really want from Afridi. It seems like no matter what he does, a certain lobby is always waiting there to pounce on him and bash him. Give it up. 20 years of Shahid Afridi! The countdown clock is ticking. Afridi looks emotional and tense, he needs your encouragement now more than ever before. I thought what Afridi said was the statement of a mature leader who wants to settle things as quickly as possible and divert the attention to cricket from all the negativity and politics. As an Indian, I thought it was sweet and Afridi bhai we totally appreciate you for that and let me honestly tell you I am sure millions of Indians and not just me alone love you just as much and probably more than we love some of our players. I will pray we get you out brother because you scare us to death with your presence. A lion is a lion, old or young. But my prayers are always with you. Do well, may god bless you and always be the same Afridi!

Jai Sri Ram! :)

Paragraphs please.

Back