Shahid Afridi - Take a Bow!

Nothing could stop him
139319.jpg

check people behind bar expression ,,they feeling more pain than him:afridi

Absolutely brilliant. Well done to the guy.

This was a mere glimpse at what he could have been.

Brilliant performance. Batted like a champ and bowled like a true beast.

Hats off. Deserves the praise, today.

I dont want to spoil the party,

but i feel sorry for shoaib mirza, when He will be back home and sania says " Kuch seekho Afridi se".

I remember one video where sania saying to Shahrukh khan, "Inko kuch sikhaiye"
ha... never marry to celebrityis, this is the result.

Shahid Afridi ... is the greatest player ever.

Sorry guys I can't hold myself back any longer :afridi

What a game.

Love you BOOM BOOOM AFRIDI. dil khush kitaaaasi. maza agaya,

one thing i learned from AFRIDI's this performance was that no matter what, DONT GIVE UP and give your best shot till the end and really it was AFRIDI who snatched the victory from his opponents Jaw. what a man, what a performer, what a CLASS bowler and what a Batsmen.

LOVE u LALA and please keep playing like this..

I wish instead of BD tour, we had INDIA. oh god would have loved that and BOOM BOOM would had eaten them alive and what a contest would that have been. hope against BD, LALA improves his batting avg ;)

Salute to Shahid Afridi

For giving his all and playing with one hand, and bowling quite decently

just tells you everything about this guy, might be out of form but gives it his all

id rather he didnt bowl if hes going to look ineffective like this and give freeby runs

Like him or hate him....he always puts PAKISTAN first and foremost

Whether its a help or a hindrance is a different matter though

Afridi getting hammered again with the ball. His bowling has been pathetic as well. Could be his last ODI

but why today his hand got injured when we needed him most :))

comes on at a crucial stage...mr experience gives away the advantage...please retire u overrated player!

For giving his all and playing with one hand, and bowling quite decently

just tells you everything about this guy, might be out of form but gives it his all

Yup, what a patriot. Lets play him for the rest of eternity as long as he "gives it his all" :19:

Last edited:
His 5 runs came at a crucial time; when we were struggling with one wicket down and half the match to go; a true pressure innings by the Pakthun warrior, led from the front. And then his 8 overs for zero wickets, and an economy rate near 5 just might be the matchwinning spell that we needed.

But haters are gona hate ofcourse. I mean it's not like we had a squad of 15 men, it's not like we could have replaced him or anything; we didnt play Afridi in the second match and look what happened!

His 5 runs came at a crucial time; when we were struggling with one wicket down and half the match to go; a true pressure innings by the Pakthun warrior, led from the front. And then his 8 overs for zero wickets, and an economy rate near 5 just might be the matchwinning spell that we needed.

But haters are gona hate ofcourse. I mean it's not like we had a squad of 15 men, it's not like we could have replaced him or anything; we didnt play Afridi in the second match and look what happened!

once again your inability to understand my post is quite shocking, I am giving him credit for giving his all while playing with one hand, when am I talking about his performances?

English Please. :yk

do you understand english?

Uhh...yes, yes I do. Maybe you didn't notice it but what you quoted was an english sentence typed by me.

So either you were drunk/high and misread my quote, or you yourself have difficulty understanding english :yk

Uhh...yes, yes I do. Maybe you didn't notice it but what you quoted was an english sentence typed by me.

So either you were drunk/high and misread my quote, or you yourself have difficulty understanding english :yk

Nah, any post that isnt complimenting Afridi is like foreign language to him, he just cannot comprehend it :gul

once again your inability to understand my post is quite shocking, I am giving him credit for giving his all while playing with one hand, when am I talking about his performances?

Then theres no reason to "salute" him. If he only has one hand then he's a liability and should not be played.

Why does Afridi need special recognition? Who isn't giving their all out there? Afridi has served up several pies. Also he's injured on his non-bowling hand and it's not like he fought on without treatment. I don't get the big deal.

idiot fans...............you fans are responsible for SHAHID RETARARIDI !!!!!!!!

praising him for stupid performances.

and also, next time wait until the match ends to make a thread. Write this down every day for next 500 years!!!!

Wait till match ends before starting a thread

garbage player! gtfo! has almost single handedly cost us this game

Please Shahid take a bow indeed, a bow out of international cricket.

Salute.
Waving_Smiley_by_Mirz123.gif

Why does Afridi need special recognition? Who isn't giving their all out there? Afridi has served up several pies. Also he's injured on his non-bowling hand and it's not like he fought on without treatment. I don't get the big deal.

Have you ever bowled leg spin in your life? In fact scratch that have you ever played any cricket in your life? If your answer is yes to either question then you should understand how much of a part the non-bowling hand plays in one's action, in terms of generating momentum and rhythm. Of course it will vary from player to player, but with Afridi it's crucial. He was bowling more seam up deliveries than normal - that should tell you something.

A heroic effort from Afridi considering. Give credit where credit is due.

Salute for what ? If he retires I will salute him.

His attitude and body language has been negative and poor to say the least.

Have you ever bowled leg spin in your life? In fact scratch that have you ever played any cricket in your life? If your answer is yes to either question then you should understand how much of a part the non-bowling hand plays in one's action, in terms of generating momentum and rhythm. Of course it will vary from player to player, but with Afridi it's crucial. He was bowling more seam up deliveries than normal - that should tell you something.

A heroic effort from Afridi considering. Give credit where credit is due.

Thank you, please tell me more about your fascinating insight and experience being Shane Warne on the village green. Did you read where I said Afridi was unaffected by his injury? Recalling the point which flew over your head, it wasn't a threatening injury where you'd expect someone NOT to be able to 'give their all' - no threatening injury, no care. He did what anyone would.

Credit where credit is due of course, a heroic performance by Afridi alright giving 62 runs and spraying the ball everywhere. It's the taking part that counts after all. :)

Thank you, please tell me more about your fascinating insight and experience being Shane Warne on the village green. Did you read where I said Afridi was unaffected by his injury? Recalling the point which flew over your head, it wasn't a threatening injury where you'd expect someone NOT to be able to 'give their all' - no threatening injury, no care. He did what anyone would.

Credit where credit is due of course, a heroic performance by Afridi alright giving 62 runs and spraying the ball everywhere. It's the taking part that counts after all. :)

You forgot to mention his magical cameo with the bat.

:))) :))) So you still maintain his bowling was unaffected by his non-bowling hand being injured? Rest my case really. And clearly you've bowled underarm in your backyard all your life. Probably best you don't actually try bowling overarm lest you pull a muscle. :)))

You'll need more laughing smileys than that to try mask your lack of content, I suggest 5 at least.

No I don't 'maintain' he was unaffected because I never made that point, this was quite clear in my last post, at least for people with the ability to read:

Sledger said:
Did you read where I said Afridi was unaffected by his injury?
(Helping hand: this was a rhetorical question)

Of course, if it's still not clear, please feel free to quote any of my posts where I've said he was unaffected. If not, enjoy hero worship and fanboyism over a 0/62 spell. Thanks.

You'll need more laughing smileys than that to try mask your lack of content, I suggest 5 at least.

No I don't 'maintain' he was unaffected because I never made that point, this was quite clear in my last post, at least for people with the ability to read:

(Helping hand: this was a rhetorical question)

Of course, if it's still not clear, please feel free to quote any of my posts where I've said he was unaffected. If not, enjoy hero worship and fanboyism over a 0/62 spell. Thanks.

Lol, what the hell are you barking on about?

Just answer this: Did the fact that Afridi injure his hand have any bearing on his subsequent bowling performance? Simple yes or no would do.

Yes, has been clarified two times for you now (make that three including this post), as well as literally spelling out my original point. Here, let me quote them;

Did you read where I said Afridi was unaffected by his injury?

No I don't 'maintain' he was unaffected because I never made that point

Not my fault you're reading comprehension is so abysmal.

Last edited:
Pakistan need to replace Afridi with a young spinner and groom him to replace Ajmal in the long run. Age does not favour Afridi or Ajmal and its high time difficult decisions are made.

A huge vacuum will be created the day Ajmal decides to hang up his boots and the last thing you'd want is to try and fill it with an inexperienced spinner. Groom a new batch of spinners well for the next couple of years and reap the rewards later!!

Afridi on his part should ponder how long can he prolong his career on the basis of inconsistent sparks of brilliance in the past. He needs to think about Pakistan cricket in the long run especially the next World cup. He should make way for younger blood and perhaps step into mentoring shoes!!

Yes, has been clarified two times for you now (make that three including this post), as well as literally spelling out my original point. Here, let me quote them;

Not my fault you're reading comprehension is so abysmal.

You have only clarified now by answering yes. Thank God that wasn't too painful.

Before that you were going on about his bowling figures and that he was serving up pies. If you truly believed he was not unaffected then you wouldn't be implicitly being critical of his bowling performance today.

You have only clarified now by answering yes. Thank God that wasn't too painful.
Quoted evidence in my previous post suggest otherwise but if it makes you feel better then you don't have to admit that you didn't understand my point until you had to ask a direct question over about 3 extra posts, rather than using your own initiative. I'll let it go.

Raz said:
Before that you were going on about his bowling figures and that he was serving up pies. If you truly believed he was not unaffected then you wouldn't be implicitly being critical of his bowling performance today.
"If you truly believed" lol.

Not sure if serious.

So because someone's injured, I'm not allowed to be 'implicitly critical' of their overall performance, and have to sweep facts about figures and bowling pies under the carpet?

Last edited:
Atleast his playing with an injury proved that he was trying and playing for the team. Saw quite a few threads recently trying to establish that he is not serious and causing problems in the team.

Quoted evidence in my previous post suggest otherwise but if it makes you feel better then you don't have to admit that you didn't understand my point until you had to ask a direct question over about 3 extra posts, rather than using your own initiative. I'll let it go.

I clearly didn't understand and misinterpreted the point you made, that is why I said what I said in my reply to your initial post. Apologies on my part.

"If you truly believed" lol.

Not sure if serious.

So because someone's injured, I'm not allowed to be 'implicitly critical' of their overall performance, and have to sweep facts about figures and bowling pies under the carpet?

Facts are facts, but if you're prepared to absolve someone of their performance due to their injury then yes there is a need for it to be swept under the carpet. By all means be critical of Afridi's shot that resulted in his wicket falling.

No problem, I respect you for that acknowledgement. :)

I think criticism is the price you pay when you put yourself in the position to carry on with an injury - and on the flip-side that's why people/fans make threads like this saluting it. If Afridi had a threatening injury and stayed off he deserved full absolution, in this case he was fit to play, if not entirely, and bowled poorly - the injury is factored in but waiving all critique is not the correct approach and as you said, facts are facts.

No problem, I respect you for that acknowledgement. :)

I think criticism is the price you pay when you put yourself in the position to carry on with an injury - and on the flip-side that's why people/fans make threads like this saluting it. If Afridi had a threatening injury and stayed off he deserved full absolution, in this case he was fit to play, if not entirely, and bowled poorly - the injury is factored in but waiving all critique is not the correct approach and as you said, facts are facts.

I think he only bowled because he knew that Pakistan had only 5 genuine bowling options and that it was a crunch game that looked likely to go to the wire Maybe he genuinely did believe he could take a wicket or two, but I think in his own mind he just wanted to complete his 10 overs for the sake of the team. His last two overs really did go for some, otherwise he was doing fine till then.

I am not going to call for Afridi to retire, he can take that call himself if he wants but he should be dropped now. Has been below par for a while with both bat and ball. He has been dropped before and has made it back each time after a string of good performances in domestic cricket. Needs to recharge his batteries, for some reason doesnt seem to be enjoying is cricket. I feel something is not right in the team.

I am not going to call for Afridi to retire, he can take that call himself if he wants but he should be dropped now. Has been below par for a while with both bat and ball. He has been dropped before and has made it back each time after a string of good performances in domestic cricket. Needs to recharge his batteries, for some reason doesnt seem to be enjoying is cricket. I feel something is not right in the team.

The prob is PCB is expecting an aggressive player to play under a defensive captain. I think Hafeez can get more out of Afridi than Mr Tuk.

Just goes to show, how far we've come since this thread was made. Are our people impatient?

If razzaq hasnt called it a day yet... I doubt afridi will anytime soon. Afterall we dont do clean easy retirments. Plus he brings most money to the table i would say fom sponsors and fans... Thats probably a factor in an retirment decision too

Just goes to show, how far we've come since this thread was made. Are our people impatient?

No my friend, it goes to show how far Afridi has come since this thread was made.

Since that match:
20 matches, batting avg: 17.4, bowling avg: 38.38

Take out Afghanistan and Bangladesh:
14 matches, batting avg: 14, bowling avg: 74.25

I can go into further stats but I really don't think there's any need.

No my friend, it goes to show how far Afridi has come since this thread was made.

Since that match:
20 matches, batting avg: 17.4, bowling avg: 38.38

Take out Afghanistan and Bangladesh:
14 matches, batting avg: 14, bowling avg: 74.25

I can go into further stats but I really don't think there's any need.

Well, I'm not disputing anything :)) I think he should stick to T20's.

Back