Shahid Afridi - Take a Bow!

Atleast his playing with an injury proved that he was trying and playing for the team. Saw quite a few threads recently trying to establish that he is not serious and causing problems in the team.

This! At-least he didn't under-perform like some usual suspects. :umarakmal :kami

If Afridi had any dignity, which i dont think he has he would retire for the 99th time in his career and actually stick to it, clearly not good enough for international cricket anymore.

Pathetic body language from afridi ! Doesn't seem interested to play for pak ! Make him captain, and bam his body language will change ! Such a sissy guy ! He should'nt walk away but should be thrown out....

aafridi_629301e.jpg

Afridi on reading this thread, to FC

:))

I am a fair man bro. I believe in the legend, as well as in UV. Picking one over the other doesn't mean he's not great. :afridi

If he had not run out of partners, he was well on his way to make another 32 ball 100. Poor Lala :(

On Afridi (To paraphrase Churchill) - "Never in the field of cricket was so much breath wasted by so many over so little"

If he had not run out of partners, he was well on his way to make another 32 ball 100. Poor Lala :(

Never really thought of him as a great finisher, especially while chasing. Guy should b sent in as pinch hitter at one down. :afridi

PCB banning afridi was a crime against humanity ...the international human rights commission should investegate afridis case

living legend, enjoy while you can :afridi

L-e-g-e-n-d

Never doubt the ability of the BEAST.

Lala, you LEGEND! :bow:

:afridi

Lala-e-Sher!!! :afridi

LEGEND!!! :bow:

Legend :afridi now lets hope he continues playing this inshaAllah.

Legend had a bad day and now look at them haters going crazy. If only they could learn to appreciate those killer looks, silky hair and brutal hits instead of irrelevant stats. :afridi

Backing Lala tonight, hopefully will pick a lot of wickets as well later on. Would only be better for the game and Pak kikrit.

Excellent knock. He lives by the sword and dies by it but today he was as sensible as we can ask for. Restrained himself from attacking short balls early on as they usually get him out.

Friends, u notice, that there is no sticker on the Bat of Afridi. If you inform and in the team every body with you and if not inform and not in the team no one with you...

Shahid Afridi - Take a Bow !

Haters continue hate :afridi

While Afridi collects his 30 MOM award which puts him on level with Lara.

Only a matter of time before gangsta Afridi overtakes Kallis and Ponting to become number 3 on the list.

Continue hating :akhtar

I hate his inconsistencies, but what a performance.

Credit where credit is due.

Shahid Afridi - Take a Bow !

Pretty cold hearted exchange with Whatmore :moyo

Was very warm with everyone else.

Re: Shahid Afridi - Take a Bow !

Brilliant stuff damn. Windies cannot play spin but a 7-fer is :bow:-worthy.

26 from just 20.

SR - 130!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2013 has been a slightly better year with the bat for him.

That was a great innings. Any time Afridi scores 20+, Pakistan should celebrate.

its not even about him scoring 26, the major thing our batsman should learn is that these bowlers are there to be hit, as long as you have an aggressive intent

The happiness and positivity he brings with these little cameos is priceless.

Seriously,you guys are satisfied with such a performance? Just shows you how low our standards have gone. Surely you guys can expect something?! :13:

great all-round performance from Afridi, his body language was completely transformed from the game at Sharjah, especially in the field (I was at both matches).

looked damn determined to prove a point, and he did so with typical style and panache.

He has 6 wickets in the last 2 ODIs. 3 in each. And people arent happy with it? LMAO

Take a bow Lala!

Phenomenal all round performance, leading from the front. Captain positive! :afridi

Its been a one man show tonight from Pakistan. Afridi is the only man interested in fight, rest have been submissive.

Lone warrior tonight. No support whatsoever from his so called teammates.

Absolutely gutted with the result. Felt Afridi's passion and fight to the bone. But you could always sense he was the only fighter out there from Pakistan who under a few months of Misbah's captaincy in tests have got rather soft.

Man seriously our youngsters need stress tests. Most of them would fail. They literally wilt under pressure. Afridi played well though and bowled well too.

Man seriously our youngsters need stress tests. Most of them would fail. They literally wilt under pressure. Afridi played well though and bowled well too.

I think we need to make a tough decision on Umar Akmal, he's showing real lack of brain.

Magnificent bowling performance again.

and a very valuable run a ball contribution with the bat so far.

Afridi turning it on just before the world cup... The best ODI player from Pakistan at least. You have to admit it. :afridi

Why doesn't he show tthis kind of application all the time? Is he not hungry to win?

Why doesn't he show tthis kind of application all the time? Is he not hungry to win?

Please do not go by the opinions of PPers. Afridi is appreciated by the likes of even Geoffrey Boycott. As an all round package combined with aggressive leadership and fielding abilities, he is a pretty amazing limited overs player.

10-1-36-1 is brilliant in these conditions. It is surprising that even with latest technology teams like NZ, Eng and WI haven't been able to decode his bowling. To some extent Aus and SA too.

10-1-36-1 is brilliant in these conditions. It is surprising that even with latest technology teams like NZ, Eng and WI haven't been able to decode his bowling. To some extent Aus and SA too.

Have you noticed even ABD look confuse against his bowling and got out same way many times.

Its all about pressure. You can do all your analysis, at the end of the day when you're out there in the middle, if you don't have the balls to stand up to a bowler, he will get you out. :)

Why can't he bat this sensibly all the time?

I criticise afridi a lot but I would be one of his biggest fans if he batted with this maturity a lot more.

Man this is has been quite a batting display by Afridi. Respect!!!

Goodness me, this is an absolute heroic effort under extreme pressure. Impressive!

Lets score a 50 here! Come on

A bad day at the office for Afridi haters. Tremendous knock so far. Great application.

Back