Should Misbah-ul-Haq be the all-format coach and Mohammad Rizwan the all-format captain for Pakistan?

mominsaigol

Test Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
Pakistan has now lost 2-0 to Bangladesh and ik for a fact that England and South Africa will be Shan's final assignment as captain as his days are numbered now.

Gillespie has failed to produce results, Shan has failed as a captain, Kristen had a miserable outing in wc 2024, Babar failed in his 2nd outing in t20 2024 wc.

And sarfraz age wise, his days are numbered and won't be a long term solution, with pcb mostly giving him mentor roles for champions cup.

Rizwan has been your most consistent batsmen, Misbah was your most succesful test captain and both rizwan and Misbah are working side by side in the upcoming champions cup.

Popular opinion is to bring these 2 at the helm of things, so is it time to bring these 2 on and plan till 2027 wc?

Bro, it’s recommended not to relate your nightmares out loud.
Misbah and rizwan are already side by side and 2 peas in a pod. Misbah is even mentioning the side rizzu is captaining for the champions cup.

And ik for a fact alot of people will be very very happy at this change. So why not. After all Misbah is Pakistan's greatest captain of all time with his era being Pakistan's greatest era ever. And rizwan is Pakistan's greatest keeper batsmen of all time.

2 mature and professional well spoken totally non sarcastic and non drama bazi and non controversial leaders side by side leading pakistan to glory for 2025 ct and 2027 wc. Match made in heaven.

Misbah isn’t a player anymore unless he’s going to be a non playing captain. If Misbah is coach I’d rather have Sarfraz as captain, maybe for 1-2 years and then hopefully by then someone else emerges to take on the captaincy. Riz as captain will be a disaster and Misbah as coach did not have a very successful tenure. What’s going to change this time?

Misbah isn’t a player anymore unless he’s going to be a non playing captain. If Misbah is coach I’d rather have Sarfraz as captain, maybe for 1-2 years and then hopefully by then someone else emerges to take on the captaincy. Riz as captain will be a disaster and Misbah as coach did not have a very successful tenure. What’s going to change this time?
Misbah wrecked sarfi as captain lol, the pair won't work

Yaar assai umeeed nahy thy app say! Misbah will drive Pakistan cricket backwards. Haven’t we learnt from past? Misbah will bring his son Pirchi 2.0 and his son will ruin Pakistan even more. Misbah is not the answer for Pakistan.

And Waqar should be fast bowling coach , Afridi power hitting coach , Kamran Akmal keeping mentor , Ajmal spin bowling coach, Shoaib Malik batting coach, :moyo fielding coach.

And Waqar should be fast bowling coach , Afridi power hitting coach , Kamran Akmal keeping mentor , Ajmal spin bowling coach, Shoaib Malik batting coach, :moyo fielding coach.
Coach and chief Selector = Misbah ul Haq

Captain = Rizwan

Bowling coach = Waqar Younis

Keeping mentor = Umar Akmal

Batting coach = Ramiz Raja

Travel translator and press conference representator = Shan Masood

Fielding and Fitness coach = Azam Khan

Pakistan has now lost 2-0 to Bangladesh and ik for a fact that England and South Africa will be Shan's final assignment as captain as his days are numbered now.

Gillespie has failed to produce results, Shan has failed as a captain, Kristen had a miserable outing in wc 2024, Babar failed in his 2nd outing in t20 2024 wc.

And sarfraz age wise, his days are numbered and won't be a long term solution, with pcb mostly giving him mentor roles for champions cup.

Rizwan has been your most consistent batsmen, Misbah was your most succesful test captain and both rizwan and Misbah are working side by side in the upcoming champions cup.

Popular opinion is to bring these 2 at the helm of things, so is it time to bring these 2 on and plan till 2027 wc?
Lol misbah the guy who destroyed Pakistan cricket. He is the reason Pakistan is in this position.

He is the one who promoted this culture of selfishness. Pakistan is still suffering from his brand of cricket.

He is the Cancer of Pakistan cricket.He keeps coming back in new form every time.

Lol misbah the guy who destroyed Pakistan cricket. He is the reason Pakistan is in this position.

He is the one who promoted this culture of selfishness. Pakistan is still suffering from his brand of cricket.

He is the Cancer of Pakistan cricket.He keeps coming back in new form every time.
Misbah: You haven't seen the last of me 🫠

Yaar assai umeeed nahy thy app say! Misbah will drive Pakistan cricket backwards. Haven’t we learnt from past? Misbah will bring his son Pirchi 2.0 and his son will ruin Pakistan even more. Misbah is not the answer for Pakistan.
You never have a comment on Rizwan though?

Head Coach: Misbah
Deputy: Abdul Rehman
Bowling coach: Mushtaq Ahmed
Physio: Haider Azhar
Captain: Mohammad Rizwan

Dream team

You sound confused. You hate Sarfaraz but you do realise, this culture of selfishness (as you say) produced by Misbah was done by forcefully removing Sarfaraz and going all out to promote Rizwan. Do you realise the confusion?

@mominsaigol

Is it possible to make sense of this:

“I absolutely hate Misbah’s guts. Everything he has done for Pakistan has been terrible….

Oh but I love Rizwan, he is superman”

You sound confused. You hate Sarfaraz but you do realise, this culture of selfishness (as you say) produced by Misbah was done by forcefully removing Sarfaraz and going all out to promote Rizwan. Do you realise the confusion?
No I don't hate or love anyone. I like to call spade a spade.

I don't know what happened at that time but rizwan and babar's partnership did work for sometime especially in that T20 world cup where Pakistan beat India,where they give me and many fans so much happiness after that T20 world cup it all went downhill and they should have been dropped from t20is for their selfishness.

I consider both Zimbabar and rizwan the reason why Pakistan performed so badly in this 2024 T20 world cup.

Rizwan was the reason Pakistan lost against India and he was very bad in this T20 world cup.
As far as sarfraz is concerned that guy did well in 2017 champions trophy where he excelled in captaincy and Pakistan won the champions trophy other than that he has been abysmal in every format whether it's captaincy or batting.

Rana bhai, one step at a time… let’s remove Fasssssaaaal ky jhaaar first. We can tackle Rizwan after
Agreed bro, but I think the fasaad has already spread too much. It’s too late now.

One way or another, these leaches will continue to come back and leach from Pakistan cricket. It might take 3-4 decades for their influence to die down.

I don't really like Misbah as a coach. I thought he selected some B-grade cricketers.

But at least Misbah won home games. Under his captaincy and as coach, we never lost a game in the UAE. He turned the UAE into a fortress.

@mominsaigol

Is it possible to make sense of this:

“I absolutely hate Misbah’s guts. Everything he has done for Pakistan has been terrible….

Oh but I love Rizwan, he is superman”
Yes because not everyone knows the story of Rizwan and how he entered and who brought him in so people who don't know the picture will not associate the 2 as one.

And tbf to rizzu, Misbah is a bigger bottler then he is.

Yes because not everyone knows the story of Rizwan and how he entered and who brought him in so people who don't know the picture will not associate the 2 as one.
This is understandable

I think those who are confused need to be educated. @followed in particular. His ideas about cricket are right, but I don’t think he quite understands how things work especially in this scenario

No I don't hate or love anyone. I like to call spade a spade.

I don't know what happened at that time but rizwan and babar's partnership did work for sometime especially in that T20 world cup where Pakistan beat India,where they give me and many fans so much happiness after that T20 world cup it all went downhill and they should have been dropped from t20is for their selfishness.

I consider both Zimbabar and rizwan the reason why Pakistan performed so badly in this 2024 T20 world cup.

Rizwan was the reason Pakistan lost against India and he was very bad in this T20 world cup.
As far as sarfraz is concerned that guy did well in 2017 champions trophy where he excelled in captaincy and Pakistan won the champions trophy other than that he has been abysmal in every format whether it's captaincy or batting.
Rizwan and babar performed once?

Go back and look at the scoreboards of the other games. Babar and rizwan stat padded and would have lost the games against nz and afghanistan.

Against NZ and Afghanistan Asif Ali pulled a miracle. You don't expect someone like asif to play such knocks.

You seriously think Pakistan of all teams was chasing 24 of 12 against afghani pacers? Asif just did a one hit wonder that day lol.

Similarly fakhar zaman's innings led to a high score against australia.

Babar and rizzu's innings have been masked as a result in 2021. Their strike rates were pathetic.

Again credit to them for dominating India, and credit to the entire team for gelling well however that's the issue.

Eventually the dosti yaari culture that these 2 set up would have caused things to break apart and reduce the forms of others as the whole team was being built to accommodate these 2 and make things look good.

Ans this is exactly what happened in 2022 when the batting was in shambles. The bowlers had to punch > their weight to get Pakistan this far.

But Eventually the bowling declined and now Pakistan is in the rut of Fakhar or bust.

Literally Pakistan has been reduced to One man miracle and that too only for odi lol

Coach and chief Selector = Misbah ul Haq

Captain = Rizwan

Bowling coach = Waqar Younis

Keeping mentor = Umar Akmal

Batting coach = Ramiz Raja

Travel translator and press conference representator = Shan Masood

Fielding and Fitness coach = Azam Khan
Head Coach: Misbah
Deputy: Abdul Rehman
Bowling coach: Mushtaq Ahmed
Physio: Haider Azhar
Captain: Mohammad Rizwan

Dream team
Tactical analyst (Powerpoint): Mohammad Wasim

I don't really like Misbah as a coach. I thought he selected some B-grade cricketers.

But at least Misbah won home games. Under his captaincy and as coach, we never lost a game in the UAE. He turned the UAE into a fortress.
This thread is just a p take. No way Misbah is coming back and we don't play in UAE anymore.

This thread is just a p take. No way Misbah is coming back and we don't play in UAE anymore.
Idk, I've theorised misbah might come back after Gillespie is sacked.

But rizzu not being captain after 2023 is something that has shocked me to this day

I think this will happen inevitably. Except Misbah will become test coach only.

Think Gillespie has hurt the reputation of foreign coaches over this. Especially the manner of the first test where he opted not to pick a spinner and to some extent the declaration. Every foreign coach will now be argued against whether or not they know home/asian conditions well enough to succeed there. I don't think in their wildest dreams PCB would have thought we'd get clean swept by Bangladesh at home. Don't think it will make a difference in LOI as conditions aren't so big a factor, and the lure of bringing a more modern coach/turning our players into power hitters will still be strong.

Gillespie will have to now pull off upsets to keep his job in the long run (as will Masood). I don't think even winning against Sri Lanka, West Indies will be enough, nor drawing against the stronger sides. I really do think that if Gillespie and Masood don't pull off an upset against England now, they will be gone. And I really hope we do, and the team is fired up about doing so, you can't change the past unfortunately, but the opportunity is there to remedy it if they really want it.

100% agreed. @mominsaigol finally seeing the light. Misbah needs to be given a solid 5 years with complete control. Rizwan is our best bet for an all format captain although he doesn't have many years left. We need to start utilizing him ASAP

Yes, Mohammad Wasim is also one of their boys.

Media analysts and social media promoters: @shariqnoor @Major @Extra_Cover
With all due respect mate by tagging me here you are implying that I'm advocating for Misbah to be back as coach which is completely untrue as I never mentioned that anywhere yet you are tagging me here, why 🤨.

On the contrary you should be the most content "Pakistan cricket fan" as you got your ideal cricket administration in place with your ideal coaching panel and most educated and hard-working captain at the helm. But as usual your posts are agitated in nature and frankly not sure why but if we talk anymore I bet you are going to bring in the mention of Rizwan and start ranting again. If there is any topic other than Rizwan you want to rant about then do share given you are most active one on here so people can listen.

That will be the most logical thing to do.

It sounds like going back to the Stone Age. Cricket has evolved, and we need an aggressive style of coach and captain.
If getting whitewashed by teams in home is evolving or current state then I'd rather see stone age Cricket from Pakistan.

As a Cricket and Pakistan team fan. I want Pakistan to at least win their home tests. It matters less to me if they do it in bazzball or old age style.

With all due respect mate by tagging me here you are implying that I'm advocating for Misbah to be back as coach which is completely untrue as I never mentioned that anywhere yet you are tagging me here, why 🤨.

On the contrary you should be the most content "Pakistan cricket fan" as you got your ideal cricket administration in place with your ideal coaching panel and most educated and hard-working captain at the helm. But as usual your posts are agitated in nature and frankly not sure why but if we talk anymore I bet you are going to bring in the mention of Rizwan and start ranting again. If there is any topic other than Rizwan you want to rant about then do share given you are most active one on here so people can listen.

You wish that I would pick up on anything other besides Rizwan. That’s not going to happen. I’ve identified the core issue, and I will see to it that all of you understand it too. Zidd hai meri.

You wish that I would pick up on anything other besides Rizwan. That’s not going to happen. I’ve identified the core issue, and I will see to it that all of you understand it too. Zidd hai meri.
No bro, you have to trust In the process. Rizwan as captain and Misbah as coach is the right way forward.

They are the true ambassadors of themselves and India errr I mean Pakistan cricket 👀.

No bro, you have to trust In the process. Rizwan as captain and Misbah as coach is the right way forward.

They are the true ambassadors of themselves and India errr I mean Pakistan cricket 👀.
It could well be my Shawshank Redemption moment when I have to swim through 5 miles at the end for my freedom.

Get it over and done with now.

Astagfirullah, i thought its another thread glorifying and lobbying again for his friend to return and be our savior once more.

What I said previously about Misbah remains true. The end result is always the same, he will dig a bigger hole than before.

Last edited by a moderator:
It could well be my Shawshank Redemption moment when I have to swim through 5 miles at the end for my freedom.

Get it over and done with now.
Or you could be Morgan freeman and not give a @%# anymore 🫠

Astagfirullah, i thought its another thread glorifying and lobbying again for his friend to return and be our savior once more.

What I said previously about Misbah remains true. The end result is always the same, he will dig a bigger hole than before.
If you wanna know why I made this thread, it's because I genuinely think this will happen sooner or later and I stand by this claim.

Although I don't think people fell for my trolling this time around lol. But I am serious.

I genuinely believe rizwan will be appointed all format captain and Misbah as test coach because Shan will he sacked after England and sa assignment and Babar sealed his captaincy tomb this Bangla test series and 2024 wc, and shaheen ain't even mainstay anymore.

Misbah can be a good option for tests but in the limited formats, he will ensure Pakistan end up playing qualifiers of the ICC events.

They should line up Misbah, Rizwan, Babar & also Shan because why not.

So Mibah's trick of using old players is still working, and Mohammad Rizwan is proving him right again, showing that he is the best captain in the Pakistan cricket circuit.

I am against Misbah as coach, but to those against Rizwan as captain, what are the other options? Curious to hear. Who else would you like to see lead the team?

Back