Sohail Tanvir - When will the torture end?

Congrats Tool Kit Tanvir you have your own Black Zero/ WL63/Bullet Drive

However, there is a slight complication.

I am not a Tanvir fan boy.

I want a swing bowler in the team. Find a real quality one in domestic cricket and say goodbye to him.

I don't portray Tanvir as world class or match winner :BZ

spot on! :)))

because we love to expose his hidden agenda and hate campaign!!!

You don't seem to have an opinion or argument of your own.

Posts/Posters you don't like = he/she has an agenda, is a hater etc.

Posts/Posters you like= Spot on, I agree with you.

Since you've taken the pain to sign up for an online cricket forum, why not contribute more productively rather than simply like/dislike every other post.

Since you've taken the pain to sign up for an online cricket forum, why not contribute more productively rather than simply like/dislike every other post.

answer is simple because i cant ignore double standards!!!

I want a swing bowler in the team. Find a real quality one in domestic cricket and say goodbye to him.

Be a Samiullah Khan fan boy, Sohail Tanvir is just atrocious.

Be a Samiullah Khan fan boy, Sohail Tanvir is just atrocious.

I am not a fan boy. To be honest, I have zero feelings for any player.

Its just in the given circumstances and from what we have, Tanvir shouldn't be discarded.

I don't even have feelings for Jimmy smooth action Anderson, contrary to popular belief. I just love his bowling and believe that his statistics do a lot of injustice to him.

Honestly

Tool Kit Tanvir being in the side because he swings the ball is as stupid an excuse as black zero saying Malik should be in becuase he get caught behind less than MoYo

Could someone give a definition of a fan boy ?

I'm a fervent defender of Imran Khan the cricketer, but does that make me his fan boy ?

2-3 more games for Tanvir looks he is in selectors plan for WC 2014

Sadaf Hussain, Mir Hamza, Tabish Khan, Nasir Malik?

Mamoon is Tanvirs fan because no body else is. Mamoon being Mamoon supports the opposite view ALWAYS for attention. How have PP not realized this yet?

On EVERY thread its the same pattern.

Please don't make this thread about what one poster thinks in the forum, this is about Tanvir, I think we should sign a petition to the UN for the eviction of Kukri from Pakistan, only way possible for him not to be selected.

As much as I disagree with Mamoon's Tanvir obsession, it's not as if he is blindly following the guy and backing him for no reason.

He has clearly provided his reasons in post 150 as to why he thinks, in the current state of Pak cricket, that Tanvir warrants a spot. Obviously, there are others who also agree with him, that are making these decisions and selecting him.

I can't say I agree with much of what Mamoon says, but give credit where it's due - the view he has formulated here isn't just a random hunch.

I was reading an article regarding Tanvir that he is one of the best bowlers of the T20 format. He has been playing for the Highveld Lions in the SA ram slam T 20 for last three seasons now. He was picked by the franchise so that he could mentor their youngsters; Morris and Viljoen. I mean, have they gone blind. He isn't worthy to mentor his mohallah team in pindi let alone the lions. How long will he be reaping the rewards of his exploits in the first IPL season, as that performance rose him to prominence.

Honestly

Tool Kit Tanvir being in the side because he swings the ball is as stupid an excuse as black zero saying Malik should be in becuase he get caught behind less than MoYo

Since when is being capable of swinging the bowl a bad excuse? Having a bowler who can extract swing from the surface is a blessing. The new ball is a waste if you can't swing it, especially in favourable conditions.

Since when is being capable of swinging the bowl a bad excuse? Having a bowler who can extract swing from the surface is a blessing. The new ball is a waste if you can't swing it, especially in favourable conditions.

its a bad excuse when you are as bad, if not worse than ishant sharma and have been averaging almost 50 past 2 years

its a bad excuse when you are as bad, if not worse than ishant sharma and have been averaging almost 50 past 2 years

Let's point fingers shall we? Have a look at his averages playing domestically all over the world? He averages 22, which is better than all the seamers in our squad. Maybe we are not using him properly? Warne definitely used him well. He swings the bowl a long way too (check out YouTube maybe). He got potential, not to be the world's best, but a good useful bowler for us in swinging conditions, and at the death.

Yes and as I have stated many times before he busted his knee and was never the same

Also who cares what he averages domestically when his international performances are so shocking

Plus how else can he be utilized

He balls upfront with the new ball

He doesn't ball in the powerplay

And is given the least number of overs at the death

Maybe if I give him a gold plated screwdriver he might do well

Last edited:
Yes and as I have stated many times before he busted his knee and was never the same

Also who cares what he averages domestically when his international performances are so shocking

Plus how else can he be utilized

He balls upfront with the new ball

He doesn't ball in the powerplay

And is given the least number of overs at the death

Maybe if I give him a gold plated screwdriver he might do well

The point I'm trying to make is that most of these "domestic" performances are overseas, which shows that he can make the ball talk all over the world.

I honestly don't know, but that's because I'm not the captain. But the Toolman has all the tools, and someone needs to guide him how to use them.

A morale boost might do him some good as well.

The point I'm trying to make is that most of these "domestic" performances are overseas, which shows that he can make the ball talk all over the world.

I honestly don't know, but that's because I'm not the captain. But the Toolman has all the tools, and someone needs to guide him how to use them.

A morale boost might do him some good as well.

dont forget to check yasir arafat 200+ wickets in domestic leagues all over the world at average of 21.34 so lets call him back too if that is the criteria!!!

and i guarantee you yasir got more tools with the bat than this tool man

The captain cannot help Tanvir, its laughable to suggest that he would suddenly improve under a new captain

The captain cannot help Tanvir, its laughable to suggest that he would suddenly improve under a new captain

and yes the captains cant help arafat either who average 21.34 in domestic leagues all over the world and took 200 wickets :)))

dont forget to check yasir arafat 200+ wickets in domestic leagues all over the world at average of 21.34 so lets call him back too if that is the criteria!!!

and i guarantee you yasir got more tools with the bat than this tool man

Yet what we NEED in our team is someone who can swing the ball! That is the whole point of this debate.

Hey! Why don't we call Razzaq back too with his average of 19 in T20I's?

Not neccesarily a new captain, just someone who can make him the bowler he was before. All he needs to do is make his line and length consistant, and he will be successful.

Mamoon is Tanvirs fan because no body else is. Mamoon being Mamoon supports the opposite view ALWAYS for attention. How have PP not realized this yet?

On EVERY thread its the same pattern.

Yeah, I'd gain so much by seeking attention of a bunch of people whom I don't even know personally and will never meet.

My life will improve so much by seeking attention on an internet forum. YOLO.

I agree that we need a swing bowler, however Tanvir is not that bowler, he swings it at a slow pace and is hardly threatening at all, which is why he has such a high average in LOIs.

Gun player on his day.

I don't know what happened last game. He had a bad performance with both the bat and the ball. This is not the norm.

Normally, when he fails with the ball, he chips in with the bat and when he fails with the bat, he bowls good.

He is definitely more suited to T20s than ODIs, but even in ODIs I would still persist with him for the time being until we find a better swing bowler.

As a bowler, Tanvir probably has the best slower ball in world cricket and his wrong foot bowling, which is his main weapon continues to trouble batsmen at the start of series.

In my opinion, Tanvir is someone who thrives on responsibility.

For example, in domestic cricket, he is the captain of Rawalpindi Rams and there he entrusts himself to bat higher up the order (ahead of PP's darling Hammad Azam) which has brought tremendous success for both him and the team.

He's almost a different batsmen there.

Maybe this is something which both the team management and our two captains should note.

^ ohhh stop

Whenever Hammad makes a score of 40+ Tool Kit tanvir promotes himself the next game

That isn't responsibility that's insecurity and it's cost the Rams more games than won

Last edited:
Gun player on his day.

I don't know what happened last game. He had a bad performance with both the bat and the ball. This is not the norm.

Normally, when he fails with the ball, he chips in with the bat and when he fails with the bat, he bowls good.

He is definitely more suited to T20s than ODIs, but even in ODIs I would still persist with him for the time being until we find a better swing bowler.

As a bowler, Tanvir probably has the best slower ball in world cricket and his wrong foot bowling, which is his main weapon continues to trouble batsmen at the start of series.

In my opinion, Tanvir is someone who thrives on responsibility.

For example, in domestic cricket, he is the captain of Rawalpindi Rams and there he entrusts himself to bat higher up the order (ahead of PP's darling Hammad Azam) which has brought tremendous success for both him and the team.

He's almost a different batsmen there.

Maybe this is something which both the team management and our two captains should note.

This

This is what our genius selectors must think also SMH

yup, the gun player has 3 wickets with the new ball in his last 6 games, really brilliant

Re: Sohail Tanvir- when will the torture end ?

This gun player has 90 wickets in the last 93 games he has played.

I wonder when is it actually 'his day'
- certainly hasn't been his day in his last 93 days he has worn the uniform.

I'm starting to develop a cult status liking for him. The point where you dislike someone so much you just turn the corner and start liking him instead.

The novelty factor around Tanvir is long gone. Even when he swings the ball it's only ever one way which makes him easy to negotiate. Is a poor batsman and an even worse fielder so really needs to make way for someone with a bit more talent.

Tanvir is not a gun player. That bit is as obvious as day and night.

He could have been, but same goes for many players. That train has passed.

Tanvir seems to like the Lankans so don't be surprised if he gets selected throughout the upcoming series.

Tanvir seems to like the Lankans so don't be surprised if he gets selected throughout the upcoming series.

and expect mamoon to bump every Tanvir related thread if he some how manage to get 2 wickets with new ball in that series!!!

Could've been a half-decent bowler if he could swing it both ways. Unfortunately he can't, so he's mediocre at best, even though that's a bit of an overstatement too.

Could've been a half-decent bowler if he could swing it both ways. Unfortunately he can't, so he's mediocre at best, even though that's a bit of an overstatement too.

Actually he has got quite a bit of natural swing due to his action. He needs to learn to be more consistent with his line and length, and control his movement.

Actually he has got quite a bit of natural swing due to his action. He needs to learn to be more consistent with his line and length, and control his movement.

why should a 29 year old (probably older than that) who has been around for 6 years and played almost a 100 games with awful results be given time to learn and moreso why do you think he will ever learn

He can't be consistent with his line and length because of his unusual action. Having played against him, we all knew that his only survival as a bowler is to bowl off cutters, leg cutters, slower balls, using the crease, going around the wickets stuff etc to avoid being hit. Since his arm comes from some height and he keeps the seam upright he swings the new ball a little bit. He is a typical tape ball bowler whose job is to avoid being hit (as he was a beast in that in mid and late 90s in pindi), so suited to the shortest format of the game. So his selection is not a big surprise for me.

He can't be consistent with his line and length because of his unusual action. Having played against him, we all knew that his only survival as a bowler is to bowl off cutters, leg cutters, slower balls, using the crease, going around the wickets stuff etc to avoid being hit. Since his arm comes from some height and he keeps the seam upright he swings the new ball a little bit. He is a typical tape ball bowler whose job is to avoid being hit (as he was a beast in that in mid and late 90s in pindi), so suited to the shortest format of the game. So his selection is not a big surprise for me.

Interesting that you've played against him.

Isn't the biggest issue with Tanvir, not the fact that he cannot swing the ball, but that he swings the ball too early, and hence almost defeats the point of the ball swinging?

:)))

mamoon on usman khan bandwagon now :))

I am on the swing bowling bandwagon and will jump on the bandwagon of whomever who fits the bill.

That is why Anderson is my favorite pacer and I rate him very highly.

You gotta problem?

I am on the swing bowling bandwagon and will jump on the bandwagon of whomever who fits the bill.

That is why Anderson is my favorite pacer and I rate him very highly.

You gotta problem?

i remember you criticizing people for jumping on Philtrundler bandwagon and now you are doing the same mr mamoom :))

i remember you criticizing people for jumping on Philtrundler bandwagon and now you are doing the same mr mamoom :))

I don't criticize any poster or get personal like you.

I simply disagree with calling Philander the second best bowler in the world because I don't think he is.

Don't waste your energies by clicking on his cricinfo profile and quoting me his averages because I don't care.

I reckon you only signed up for this forum to seek my attention. Sorry, you don't exist.

I don't criticize any poster or get personal like you.

I simply disagree with calling Philander the second best bowler in the world because I don't think he is.

Don't waste your energies by clicking on his cricinfo profile and quoting me his averages because I don't care.

I reckon you only signed up for this forum to seek my attention. Sorry, you don't exist.

seeking attention of a attention seeker!!!

nice joke dude! :)))

and i know how you criticize posters and get personal with them and even use the religion card when available so dont try to hide mr mamoon.

seeking attention of a attention seeker!!!

nice joke dude! :)))

and i know how you criticize posters and get personal with them and even use the religion card when available so dont try to hide mr mamoon.

You clearly don't know the meaning of getting personal.

Play the ball, not the bowler.

You clearly don't know the meaning of getting personal.

Play the ball, not the bowler.

yes who can define it better than you i saw those religion and beard card played by you in that amla thread to hit all his fans without getting personal good job mr mamoon.

yes who can define it better than you i saw those religion and beard card played by you in that amla thread to hit all his fans without getting personal good job mr mamoon.

:facepalm:

If I eat apples and you call me an apple eater, that isn't getting personal.

sohail tanvir is awful.

i dont know why people still cant see this. i just dont know. there is no calculator that can calculate this, no textbook that has the answer, no scientist that can come up with a theory as to why he is still in the team. it all comes back to the same thing, over and over, year after year...

He will play all of the T20s and majority of ODIs against Lanka because it is his bunny team (or so the selectors seem to think).

Ah well, gotta accept it and move on guys.

He will play all of the T20s and majority of ODIs against Lanka because it is his bunny team (or so the selectors seem to think).

Ah well, gotta accept it and move on guys.

True, regretably. Sri Lanka is the one non Minnow country against whom Tool Kit averages under 30

:)) Tool Kit is sticking. I like it. Although it makes him seem more useful than he is.

Will be interesting to see how Toolkit displays his various skills against the Lankans, Dilshan and Sanga may look to go after him.

I like this guy in T20s, he is our best seamer in this format after Gul.

Will operate smoothly while pakistanigoneaussie will continue to rant on PP :raja

I really don't get why he's in the team. We could do with an actual all rounder rather than him. People say that his bowling action troubles the batsmen but he doesn't seem to anymore. Maybe if he could improve his batting and chip in with 20s and 30s, then he would be a very useful player.

Last edited:
In T20's if he is selected, he should only be used as a death bowler. His swing with new ball is no more a threat since his pace has declined considerably and there wont be much swing on offer anyway in UAE.
If we are to use him as new ball bowler then Shinwari should play instead

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
In T20's if he is selected, he should only be used as a death bowler. His swing with new ball is no more a threat since his pace has declined considerably and there wont be much swing on offer anyway in UAE.
If we are to use him as new ball bowler then Shinwari should play instead

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

It's a night match, there may be dew and a bit of grass like there generally is in Dubai. Without Toolkit there will be no one to exploit the conditions...

Junaid should make way for Shinwari. Tanvir is more than useful in T20's, Junaid is too expensive.

I don't rate him he batted well today. Well done Tanvir, that innings was anything but torture.

Tanvir did ok today and proved many detractors wrong. sometimes the Wet Ball is hard to control as is exaggerated swing in Day night matches such as in places such as Dambulla where Tanvir has suffered in the past but he is ok for T20's and provided there are other decent seamers namel Gul returned to help out. If gul returns then between Tanvir, Gul, Ajmal, Afridi, Bhatti this is a fantastic lower middle order for batting, not to mention bowling.

He played well today I will give him that. But I still feel we are a weak bowling side while he is around. I want someone to replace him.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

he bowled economically considering the total was 211. He is peoples favourite player to hate

ok still not sold on the guy yet...but he is starting to make a strong case. Needs to perform like this consistently.

Really hope that this performance doesn't get him selected for the ODI's. He is a T20 bowler (still not sold on this completely yet either), and when he plays ODIs, he gets a phainty of his life time, which then causes him to lose his confidence overall. Should only stick to T20s.

tbf he hasnt been bowling that bad in the t20 format. Just dont think he has it in him to bowl a full quota of 10 overs in the ODIs. He needs to stick to the t20s.

Listen guys, he simply can't be and will not be dropped and make as many threads but is not going to change the reality LOL

Last edited:
I have noticed strong improves since SA v Pak in UAE but if he has one bad innings with the ball he loses his confidence which is why he should be rotated

Now that he has had his fluke batting performance..Misbah and Co. can begin to identify him as a all rounder again. Phew, was getting worried.

Back