South Africa v Australia | 1st Test | Centurion | Day 2 | 13 February 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of good batsmen who can't get in, because they insist on keeping the bottler in the team because he adds a useless spin option.

Who are they?I have seen some young batsmen in Ram Slam(not the right platform to judge some one but you could have some idea about a player's calibre). Stiaan van Zyl looked a decent player.

maybe we should forget his contribution in England too, after all that was 5 years ago.

Yeah scoring some runs down the order with tail should keep him in the side forever. Keep playing him, he would score a fifty with tail somewhere to keep his place in the side.

Who are they?I have seen some young batsmen in Ram Slam(not the right platform to judge some one but you could have some idea about a player's calibre). Stiaan van Zyl looked a decent player.

Him, Rilee Roussouw, Quinton de Kock and even Dean Elgar are all better.

Looks like Rain has helped S.A here! They are in a hole but they are a top side and will comeback fighting in this game at somepoint.

Its bw ABD and Australia at this point of the match. I hope ABD make a century around his team mates to get his team out of trouble.

Looks like ABD is the only one standing between Australia :98: He must score big and the lower order must contribute as well

Him, Rilee Roussouw, Quinton de Kock and even Dean Elgar are all better.

Dean Elgar even though hasn't got many chances but he doesn't look like a player who has the quality to succeed at international level in my opinion. But he should definitely get a go sooner rather than later.

De Kock though is a quality player and he at 6 or 7 would make SA team very strong. His inclusion could also push de Villiers at 4 since he wont have to don the gloves.

Rilee Rossouw was always a good strokeplayer how is he performing in first class?
He should be in line to replace Alviro Petersen if he is having a good domestic season.

There tail is pretty strong but the likes of Johnson and Harris should be too hot to handle for their competent tail, they shouldn't add many like they did against us when facing a similar situation in Cape Town.

Last edited:
Aus are playing like the #1 side in the world right now. Going into Saffer' home and giving them a decent spanking at this point. Still much time left where things can change.

AB is quality , the rest of SA batting just dosent show up against good bowling. This team will struggle to post good scores post Kallis .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back