South Africa v Australia | 1st Test | Centurion | Day 2 | 13 February 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOSami

ODI Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
Australia on top after day 1: 297/4 after an unbeaten partnership of 199 between Steve Smith (91*), Sean Marsh (122*).

Will Steyn run through the side on the second day, like he has done many times before?

Hoping for 450
Shaun Marsh hopefully to make his highest first class score and hopefully Smith gets another century to make it 4 in 7 matches (all in the first innings) from 'the worst player to ever represent Australia'

Was a great recovery yesterday but from 4/300 i think it would be below par if we got 400 or less, im with convict anything 450+ puts us in with a shot.

With the rates these two teams can score 400 in the first dig isn't quite as imposing as it might have been in years gone by.

Would be great to see smith not just make a ton but make a big one, would also be the 9th ton for the aussies since clarke made his last at Adelaide, who would have thought that would be possible a year ago?

Last edited:
sa should restrict them below 400 otherwise very difficult for sa to comeback in match

Bad news for people who love good news: we're hearing that Morne Morkel won't be bowling today, having hurt his shoulder in the field yesterday

Will be bad for SA

Australian cricketers are wearing black arm bands in memory of a young Victorian kid who was beaten to death yesterday.

SA need a couple of Quick wickets , 450 will be something that would put them under pressure.

Steyn to Smith, no run, that's a ripper! Back of a length, spitting venomously off the pitch and soaring past the edge as Smith fends and just manages to stay inside the line

Beauty !!!!!

Lyon will out-bowl Peterson by some distance. Lyon will take multiple wickets in both innings.

Good comeback by SA this morning. Australia will be happy with 400 and SA will feel they've done well after yesterday's play.

400 is pretty good after we were sent in and a total we have a good chance of winning from.

Was hoping for 450-500 this morning though

Haddin has been too consistent of late. It was about time he failed.

Marsh has cemented his place for next few games me think.

OZ will be bowling by tea today.

SA will struggle here.

Uneven bounce on the pitch - 400 will be a winning score. Wickets will fall in clusters and unless there is a big partnership or two, teams will not make a decent score here.

Today, Mitchell Johnson will bowl 5 mph faster than Steyn and 12mph faster than Philtrundler.

He will take multiple wickets.

Last edited:
Styen is sick for sure.

Otherwise he be pumping his fist non stop after take a wicket

Meanwhile Mitch has galloped on to 33. And do we need to remind ourselves what happens when Mitch gets runs?

Good comeback by SA but 400 is a very good score pressure on the chokers :Amla

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Mitch has just bowled a ripper to Smith

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back