Australia (299 & 130/2) defeat Pakistan (313 & 115) by 8 wickets in the 3rd Test to win the series 3-0

Cricket Warrior

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
1704485687523.jpeg

Aamer Jamal had a field day, grabbing wickets effortlessly, concluding with a six-wicket haul as Australia collapsed, losing their last five wickets for a mere ten runs. After securing a 14-run lead, Pakistan encountered a shaky start with Shafique and Masood departing without scoring. Youngsters Saim Ayub and Babar Azam then stabilized the innings with a fifty-run partnership. Lyon took some time to find his rhythm but eventually broke the crucial partnership, dismissing Ayub lbw. Subsequently, Head, the part-time bowler, managed to remove Babar, who couldn't capitalize on yet another promising start.

Pakistan would have hoped to avoid further setbacks, but Cummins made a brilliant bowling change by introducing Hazlewood. The tall pacer delivered an incredible over, claiming wickets on three consecutive deliveries. With Pakistan effectively at 82/7, the responsibility once again falls on Aamer Jamal and Rizwan to rescue them from trouble. Although Australia currently holds the upper hand, the pitch is challenging to bat on, featuring variable bounce and significant turn.

When: January 6, 4:30 AM PST

Where: SCG, Sydney

Australia Playing XI: David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Travis Head, Mitchell Marsh, Alex Carey (wk), Pat Cummins (c), Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood

Pakistan Playing XI: Saim Ayub, Abdullah Shafique, Shan Masood (c), Babar Azam, Saud Shakeel, Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Agha Salman, Hasan Ali, Sajid Khan, Aamer Jamal, Mir Hamza

==

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Just charge at them with the bat and hope for the best

But i am sure they will start on a defensive mode which will wrapup the tail in no time
Personally I recon one of the two (Jamal and Rizwan) will try to run for the fences and swing hard

If one of them pull it off (50 off 30 balls)

That would be vital

Personally I recon one of the two (Jamal and Rizwan) will try to run for the fences and swing hard

That would be vital
anything above 150 on such wicket could be so handy but yeah u r right one of them should go for a kill

That would be vital
I expect a quick wrap. Maybe a couple overs. Aamir already gave his best. Lightning doesn't strike twice and if it does then Aamir should be given all affairs of Pakistan Cricket.

You will see in out field for sure. You have to absolutely nail. Only solace is Australia can't bully batsmen with bouncers here like in the last 2 tests. This is a low bounce subcontinent like track. Last 2 tests tail was bounced out.

I don't believe 150 will be competitive, the pitch is not completely straightforward to bat on but also isn't as bad as we have made it seem. Need at least 100 more than that which is a pipe dream from this deep hole we find ourselves in.

Just hope they come out swinging and try and get as many as they can now, no point of going into your shell trying to bat for sessions.

On the contrary, I think it's a very hard wicket to score quick runs but it's not too difficult to survive here especially against the quicks. I think Pakistan shouldn't try anything fancy against the quicks. Just go after Lyon when the ball is in their zone.

This game is over now. Pakistan squandered the match in Melbourne and now Sydney

The match, situation and what’s at stake demand’s Pakistan’s most powerful fan to return from exile…just like Gotham needed Batman to return in the Dark Knight Rises….

I will have to come back.

I must.

Pakistan need atleaat 170 180 to make is a bit interested 200 will be a bonus. Rizwan Aamir and rest of the guys need to add 80 90 runs somehow

If there are two men from the XI you could choose to save this test from the brink of defeat in this series...

It would be Aamir Jamal and Mohammad Rizwan.

If anyone can do it, it would be these two.

What’s the rest of the team getting paid for if they’re going to keep begging Rizwan & Jamal to make a few runs to make a game of it !

What’s the rest of the team getting paid for if they’re going to keep begging Rizwan & Jamal to make a few runs to make a game of it !
Before improving batting we seriously need to take hard decisions on how to improve fielding specially catching

Hassan Ali is well overdue to clobber a few.

What happened to his batting anyway? It's like he's gotten worse in all aspects of cricket possible

Big 3 have made cricket into wwe so if Rizwan does a bit of acting no one should be butt hurt from it.

Both of these batsmen went after lyon in the first innings and need to try and repeat that here
Blunting everything will only mean trouble

As long as he scores the runs I’m not bothered about the acting
Exactly rizwan recently gunned down the highest chase in World Cup history (something that fat safraz can dream of) who cares about his dodgy cramps

These commentators are so immature

What is Eesha doing? Kids are watching this stuff

I do think Safraaz should have played in for Saaud who’s been horrible this series

The middle order, especially Babar and Saud, should be ashamed of themselves. We finally took a 1st inns lead in AUS in god knows how long but they couldn't capitalise.

Now once again we are relying on prayers and qudrat ka nizam.

Would a lead of 200 be enough? I know it’s a long long way to go

That on drive was smoked

Missed out on 4. Deserved 4

The middle order, especially Babar and Saud, should be ashamed of themselves. We finally took a 1st inns lead in AUS in god knows how long but they couldn't capitalise.

Now once again we are relying on prayers and qudrat ka nizam.
Add Abdullah and Salman and Shan to that list

jamal can big a big thing in a year or so if he keeps on improving...has all the ingredients that are needed to become a good player

So Jamal needs to play his reverse to Lyon every time he bowls it wide of 6th stump

He is struggling there

The obvious is only information once Wasim Akram states it

“Should be a 6 or 7”- Mark Waugh

But Babar thought he was a number 10

Good job by Pakistan so far. Just bat long and put some runs. Its going to be hard to chase here.

Cummins should have been bowling by now.

Another awful shot

Such a simple plan and no surprise another pak batter has fallen for it

It was obvious that was going to happen. Rizzy been looking jittery since he came in’.

115 all out
But he has made a career out of being jittery

Today we didn’t mind it. As usual, gets out when Pakistan are in a position to do well

Fielder was there for exactly that catch.

Pitch is not super flat but I think Pakistan gave lots of free wickets.

Back