South Africa vs India | 1st Test | Day 3 Discussion | Johannesburg | 20/12/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as Indians are batting well...questions and comments like it's a belter...pitch eased out , etc are coming up! Weird...if indians make runs, pitch has to be a flat belter! can we have a test match on Rocky mountains next?

7 runs average per over!!! Where did this compassion, determination gone few days ago?" The same place the bowlers' (Tahir's) discipline has gone...

India gave so much phainty to that ball,that it had to be changed before mandatory new ball :))

Everyone is happy with india performance. But just think how about SA, they have a good batting line up too.. We are getting runs easily may be they will to.. we have chances to win/draw as well."

From cricinfo

Arpan Nigam: "As soon as Indians are batting well...questions and comments like it's a belter...pitch eased out , etc are coming up! Weird...if indians make runs, pitch has to be a flat belter! can we have a test match on Rocky mountains next?

Spot on.

Everyone is happy with india performance. But just think how about SA, they have a good batting line up too.. We are getting runs easily may be they will to.. we have chances to win/draw as well."

Everyone is happy because india have outperformed africa in both bowling and batting so far.

this is a good cricket pitch sun came out batting was a bit easier and morkel injury made it worse for sa.

its a very good batting by India and average bowling by Sa..:dav

this is a good cricket pitch sun came out batting was a bit easier and morkel injury made it worse for sa.

its a very good batting by India and average bowling by Sa..:dav

lol at good batting pitch.

Oh u said good cricket pitch.

Last edited:

SA have struggled in Durban against visiting teams over the last couple of years. India won in 2011 and I guess SL won there during their last visit (Not exactly sure about SL win).

India haven't lost a test at Jo'Berg till date, 1 win and two draws:)

South Africa being slaughtered here, where is the aggression mr steyn? and where is faf and his zipper? :))

Hopefully Kohli gets his 2nd ton tomorrow,,, boi is he starting to stamp his authority on the field regardless of the opposition... good signs ahead for India...

Run rate of 3.64 and only 2 wickets lost. I'll take that. Only question is what target to set for SA?

Absolutely superb performance from India. What a day.

Going to be a huge win for them, looking forward to it.

One thing we have proved is that this is not the same side which lost 8-0 . We won our last 6 tests with the new side & expect them to put up a better show when they Travel to Eng , NZ and Aus .

The best overseas day Indian team has had for a while now. I hope this is not a one off test and if it is not, we are going to have exciting times ahead.

Run rate of 3.64 and only 2 wickets lost. I'll take that. Only question is what target to set for SA?

I would say they will bat till maybe 30-40 mins after lunch set them well over 450+.

Not sure of the weather, if there is rain they might call them in earlier than that.

I would say they will bat till maybe 30-40 mins after lunch set them well over 450+.

Not sure of the weather, if there is rain they might call them in earlier than that.

Yeah 450 seems quite an intimidating target. They need to score quickly in the morning against the new ball.

Did not see this coming by any stretch if imagination. Very good performance by India! Shame it's a 2 match series only. This could have been a very good series.

Zak looks in seasoned form. 400 ought to be more than enough.

If SA don't get wickets early they are going to have to concede at some point and rest steyn and philander as much as possible as the next test starts on boxing day.

No point bowling those two into the ground if the game is beyond them.

First Australia and now India. English and Saffers are shell shocked. Really fascinating years for test cricket ahead

One of the Best days in Indian Cricket that will benefit Team India for years to come. :)

India have perfomed very well. congratulations to them. Their ability to leave balls outside off stump has been their strength. As for SA Tahir has been rubbish and when i saw that he was selected i knew that we would be in deep trouble with regards to bowling. Steyn, Philander and Morkel are front line bowlers with Kallis being a holding bowler. We knew that at the wanderers it does not turn yet we still played Tahir. Now we only playing with two wicket taking bowlers whilst we had started with only three. Positive outcome of this is that Peterson, Duminy And Faf have to score runs for us. Especially Duminy. The chances of winning the game is remote, but a few people need to show the selectors that they belong in the test frame. Looking at Duminy and Peterson.

Going forward in durban i think we need to be brave enough to play Simon Harmer with Beuran Hendricks to replace Morkel. There is no way Tahir should play a test match in south african conditions surely.

What a great performance by India against the no. 1 team, and what makes this performance exceptional is how youngsters have stood up and perform, wonderful stuff

First Australia and now India. English and Saffers are shell shocked. Really fascinating years for test cricket ahead

Exactly both Saffers and English didnt expect such performance from their opponents even their wildest dreams

This batting should be recorded on video tape and should be shown to all Pakistani players on how to bat in Australia, South Africa e.t.c.

Dare I say, this tour has forged a probably great middle order for India. Career defining innings from Kohli and Pujara, at his usual best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back