South Africa vs India | 1st Test | Day 3 Discussion | Johannesburg | 20/12/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
India have already shocked the hosts with this performance. This reminds me of 2006 series when India were hammered 4-0 in ODI's and shocked SA by thrashing them in the first test.

Dravid will be proud of Pujara's display today. Typical Dravidian innings.

Masterclass by Pujara on how to wear down an attack and then score runs. Great temperament. Knows his limitations and bats to his strengths - a perfect foil for someone of Kohli's ability.

Philander and Steyn are both better than Akhtar.

What a joke. AKhtar was very injure prone, he was bowling on dead dusty tracks.. If he just was given a hard track he would have eaten any batsman he was just not fit enuf.. Steyn and Philander are class but better than akhtar newer ever..

Looking steyn and philander bowl off 140 kmpp.. what the hell target the off stump and bowl fast how difficult can it get..

Im not an anti indian fan.. in fact im loving kholi and pujaras batting.. but I just thing sa has bowled really badly here, no real plan when sun it out n indian being gutzy

India now in the driving seat. If India does no brainfart this match is theirs.

What a joke. AKhtar was very injure prone, he was bowling on dead dusty tracks.. If he just was given a hard track he would have eaten any batsman he was just not fit enuf.. Steyn and Philander are class but better than akhtar newer ever..

Looking steyn and philander bowl off 140 kmpp.. what the hell target the off stump and bowl fast how difficult can it get..

Im not an anti indian fan.. in fact im loving kholi and pujaras batting.. but I just thing sa has bowled really badly here, no real plan when sun it out n indian being gutzy

Akhtar was a very good bowler thats it. Steyn is one of the greatest ever. Anyway there's no point arguing about this.

Both Steyn and Philander are better than this. It could be their off day or it could be that Indian batsmen are having a dream day. Akhtar at his best is probably better than Steyn at his best, but Steyn is far more consistent than Akhtar.

Indians are now running away with this match. Specially with. Morkel out of the attack. SA wasting deliveries outside the off stump. It maybe a dot ball .... but they don't care. SA may have overstated the bouncy wicket danger. Though anything can happen in a Test Match.

I understand that you are a Pakistan fan, but as a bowler, Akhtar was nowhere near the class of Steyn.
He had his fair share of matches in SA, Australia and English conditions. Don't remember him doing a lot.

Masterclass by Pujara on how to wear down an attack and then score runs. Great temperament. Knows his limitations and bats to his strengths - a perfect foil for someone of Kohli's ability.

If he can bat like this and zaheer is fit outside subcontinent... indian will alot of test matches.

I understand that you are a Pakistan fan, but as a bowler, Akhtar was nowhere near the class of Steyn.
He had his fair share of matches in SA, Australia and English conditions. Don't remember him doing a lot.

Well your memory is not quite sharp. IN Sa. in one spell he talk 4-5 wicket and than got injure and Asif and asif and company won the match for Pakistan....

In australia i think 2005 . his battle with hayden he took wickets very fast, but sadly got injure again and Pakistan batsman did not score any runs..

Well i do not remeber vs eng in eng, But I remember in Pakistan 2005 after england winning the ashes ws ponting, warne, he just won pakistan over england on dead tracks.

He cant win test matches alone when he was such a injury prone bowler and Pakistan having poor overseas batsman...

HAHAH, this is the best team in test cricket. what a joke.:
the only teams who was nr.1 West Indians and Australia. all others have been just nr. 1 for the 1 sake..

Hope kholi and Pujara make 200 runs both.. and tired these bowlers more

Hope kholi and Pujara make 200 runs both.. and tired these bowlers more

Dont think they will have enough time for that - India will declare before that, otherwise they will have to settle for draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back