South Africa vs India | 1st Test | Day 3 Discussion | Johannesburg | 20/12/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steyn into his 14th over and still hitting 147 kph! This guy is just a phenomenal athlete! Fiery stuff.

But he is not making the batsman play at the ball. Kohli was happy to let go all those fiery thunderbolts.

Lol.. ABD bowling and Amla keeping.. Anyway better than Thahir... And 5th ball is good one..

Steyn has been average, make the batsman play.. but yes Indian batsman have played really well

SA has reduced the surprise move philosophy to depressing predictability ....

How can you tell if it's time for a break ... SA immediately bring on someone who can barely be called a bowler

Who would have thot at the start of this test series that a frustrated SA will make their batsman to bowl at the Indians :68: :55: :)))

Actually I did. That was the only way we were going to be competitive with the bat - targetting the right bowlers and frustrating Steyn,Philander,Morkel. Though the results have been better than anyone could have imagined.

But he is not making the batsman play at the ball. Kohli was happy to let go all those fiery thunderbolts.

Not in good rhythm in this Test. 1st Test in UAE he seemed to struggle. Morning of 2nd Test, he blew away Pakistan. Wouldn't write him off so quickly.

Post tea session Day 1 - India made 91-1
Post tea session Day 2 - SA made 95-5

India have to be careful here. Especially because after Ashwin nobody can hold a bat to save their life.

i dont see saffers coming back in to this match . we are well set to get 300+ & steyn + philly are overworked as of now .

Why what happened?

During the tea break Pommie was being his usual condescending self talking about how unbeatable the Japies usually were and how rubbish the Indians usually were overseas and Ravinder smacked him down. Then again it's still early days and Ravi may regret his smackdown but I guess he had had enough after all the ODIs.

During the tea break Pommie was being his usual condescending self talking about how unbeatable the Japies usually were and how rubbish the Indians usually were overseas and Ravinder smacked him down. Then again it's still early days and Ravi may regret his smackdown but I guess he had had enough after all the ODIs.

Probably Pommie confused Ravi for :raja

Which is ironic, seeing that the Indians haven't lost to South Africa since 2006.

Steyn is walking off the field and into the players dug out as JP Duminy comes on to bowl

SA bowlers are being worn down. Good stuff from India.

Pujara can b such a pain for bowlers with his style of defense .... That roo once he is set

Superb from the batsmen. On such a pitch and bowlers, a run rate close to 3 is good. Make about 130-140 in the next 40 overs or so till the new ball, and we will be in a position to dominate.

2014 could be the year Pujara announces himself as one of the best in the world. He has proved himself in the worst of minefields....and next few tours could establish him as a complete Test batsman.

India has dominated 80% of the match till now...whatever the result they have shocked the entire cricketing fraternity..... grinding SA bowling under not so easy conditions playing against their natural way of playing which is strokemaking,I am impressed but you never know,takes only 30 minutes to turn a game

Tahir and Best are both cricketers who try hard but effort is not enough they just don't have the talent to complement the hard work.

177/2 with 31 overs left . Will msd declare at lunch on day 4 setting a target of 380 in 5 sessions ?

Shoaib Akhtar used to bowl around 18 overs . yes he got injrued and all that. but he was bowling 150 plus.. Akhtar would have eaten these batsman in this pitch and look at sa bowling hahahahahahahh

Indian batsman i salute you

Indian gonna win this match easily.. Dhoni is not stupid like Mohammad Yousuf.. hehehe

Shoaib Akhtar used to bowl around 18 overs . yes he got injrued and all that. but he was bowling 150 plus.. Akhtar would have eaten these batsman in this pitch and look at sa bowling hahahahahahahh

Indian batsman i salute you

Philander and Steyn are both better than Akhtar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back