South Africa vs India | 1st Test | Day 5 | Johannesburg | 21/12/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

battler

ODI Debutant
Runs
Will this young Indian team be able to make a name for themselves today by beating the no.1 side in their own backyard?
1st session as always is extremely crucial to the chances of both teams.

India will win but will be very tough as Saffers are the best batting linup around. Kallis/ ABDV the real threat.

AAJ InshaAllah hum jeetenge ...bas 8 wicket to lene hain..:)

Kahan ho @IAJ bhai ...kahan ho @JibranAnsari bhai @insaniyat bhai ....aao please aaj root karo India ko...:D

best of luck to India, they should be able to wrap up SA by tea, they deserve to win this match, SA have been out played thoroughly

Good luck to the Indians, they have played exceedingly well and deserve the win however SA are known for their resillence so could be a fascinating day of cricket.

Only way SA win this is if they have a big partnership and score around 3 an over then have a go in the last 10.

70-80 off the last 10 with AB, JP and Philander down the order would be easy.

Still back India to win this though, you can't expect much from Faf, Kallis, AB and Duminy.

I would love to be proved wrong but I don't see them winning or saving it for SA.

If South Africa bat through, they win. (Possibility: 20%)

Draw happens only if there is rain. (Possibility: 30%)

India wins at least after Tea by some 50 runs margin (Possibility: 50%)

All eyes on big man :kallis , can the great man produce magic one last time. Most probably Zak will make sure that India wins.

Last edited:
This is the innings for Kallis, if he doesn't play well he may begin to have doubts on whether he should continue or might even contemplate the thought of dropping a format #WCorTests

Last edited:
This is the innings for Kallis, if he doesn't play well he may begin to have doubts on whether he should continue or decide to drop a format. #WCorTests

More importantly we will see if AB can shed his choker tag!

You have a better chance of winning the lotto than AB does of saving/winning this Test match.

I think ur really under-estimating him here,he isn't one of the best in the world without a reason.

If I had more faith in the Indian bowling, I would blindly select an Indian win. Unfortunately we know India's bowling is its weakest link and I would like to be proved wrong here. South Africa are no push overs, though I expect an Indian win I think SA will press beyond tea. If some team can draw here, it is South Africa and most other opponent teams will loose rather easily at this point. If some team can pull off a miraculous win here, only SA among the current teams can do this.

Chance of patchy rain in afternoon if SA can survive till lunch :13:

All three results possible. But given South Africa's depth in batting, you'd think a draw is on

I am a bit surprised at the pessimism of many Indians here, SA still need another 320 (which is a defensible score in itself), not 120 - and they are two wickets down. Given that top five batsmen contribute 75% of the team strength, SA is effectively 50% down on resources (and Morkel may not bat) - with the leading batsmen Smith and Amla gone. SA need a small miracle to draw and a much bigger miracle to win.

I am a bit surprised at the pessimism of many Indians here, SA still need another 320 (which is a defensible score in itself), not 120 - and they are two wickets down. Given that top five batsmen contribute 75% of the team strength, SA is effectively 50% down on resources (and Morkel may not bat) - with the leading batsmen Smith and Amla gone. SA need a small miracle to draw and a much bigger miracle to win.

Pessimism is more due to the fact that India's bowling is not really reliable.

South African win isn't as easy as people here are predicting.. It's an achievement if they can draw this

I've not seen India winning tests on the 5th day after Kumble retired.. I believe we're looking at a draw

all Three Result not Possible

SA Has 5 percent chance of Win

dont,w Know why Indian fans of worry

SA May chase This Target down

Pessimism is more due to the fact that India's bowling is not really reliable.

458 should normally be enough even with India's bowling. If Indian bowlers dont panic they can win. If for some reason, SA manage another 120 without loss by lunch, it can put the pressure back on India bowlers and then it will be their mental strength that will decide this match. Zaheer's experience should win this match for India under normal circumstances.

458 should normally be enough even with India's bowling. If Indian bowlers dont panic they can win. If for some reason, SA manage another 120 without loss by lunch, it can put the pressure back on India bowlers and then it will be their mental strength that will decide this match. Zaheer's experience should win this match for India under normal circumstances.

If we get into the tail,then i think zaheer will not have much trouble in removing them,but till south africa's top 7 are at the crease,shami and ishant will have to do the damage!

cricinfo : Weather-wise, It's bright and sunny for now which should help the South Africa batsmen because the pitch has played better when the sun's been beating down on it. But for India, those cracks are always there and balls will bounce more or keep low. In addition to those, there are a few divots created off which the balls move. Of course, we can't rule out those famous and sudden Gauteng thunderstorms either. South Africa have a battle on their hands and Alviro Petersen who is unbeaten with a well-compiled half-century could be key. All three results possible

M. shami is a great talent for India, really impressive stuff from him, he should lead the indian attack after Zak retires

South Africa can't chase this! That's for sure! They are looking at draw...

India will be very disappointed if they don't win this.

Kallis saved South Africa the series last time we toured, and he may do the same here.

Dropped at short leg !! :eek:

Only a matter of time now, James must have been worried there for a while :)) #Vanillacokeontheline

Kallis averages 55 now.

Can't remember the last time I saw it under 57.

Have south africans given up on test cricket ? Look at these crowds.

SA need around 3.7 rpo with effectively 6 wickets in hand. SA win is very very difficult.

Excellent by india, they deserve to win this, Best of Luck, SA and India both are teams which one could enjoy watching, Pujara is one of best young batsman wish him and Ibdia best of luck, Been a very good test match, just wish now your neighbours win as well tonight.

SA need around 3.7 rpo with effectively 6 wickets in hand. SA win is very very difficult.
It's all about wickets in hand, if they have AB, JP and Philander in the bank they'll win.

The hard part is getting a big partnership going with batsmen scoring at a okish clip.

Only a matter of time now, James must have been worried there for a while :)) #Vanillacokeontheline

Cricketjoshila gets a vanilla coke airmailed to India if SA get more than 250, they're gonna lose but might still get the 250.

Cricketjoshila gets a vanilla coke airmailed to India if SA get more than 250, they're gonna lose but might still get the 250.
Forget the Vanilla Coke, any chance of a Blue Pepsi? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back