South Africa vs Pakistan | 1st Test | Johannesburg | 2/2/13 | Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
good spend time on the crease. get to know the bowlers. This is the real warm up match.

Steyn is pissed off now .. ha ha ha .. I am enjoying this more than I thought I would

So when SA batted well earlier today they played good shots, and while Pakistan are resisting now, it's the pitch which has flatted out. What an idiot this Wessels is!

Another huge shot... Steyn is getting a little too out of control.. i think he wants his ten wicket haul.

Inwinger from Steyn. Answer to the guy who opned a thread the other day on his lack of inswingers.

Whats Misbah playing at he's scored 9 runs in 8 overs is he playing for a draw? Pathetic stuff grow a pair and go down fighting.

had we played like this in 1st innings story would have been difrrent

40 overs in & SA still swinging the ball. What was wrong with our bowlers?

Had no idea where to place the ball to swing it. They know it too much. There line and lenght and our line and lenght is worlds apart but to be honest they were extremely demoralized and dead.

had we played like this in 1st innings story would have been difrrent

World different., rather then a lead of 376 in 6 wickets ... we would have had only 150 for 6 wickets...

this is fun .. SA bowlers really really desperate .. I am loving it :p

I think we found a secret... hold out and they will start to get pissed off and thus lose concentration.

Ok now they are comparing the great australian side with the current SA team.

Keppler says: no weaknesses in either side!

So there is no difference between the Australian spinner in Warne and Peterson from SA?

I think we found a secret... hold out and they will start to get pissed off and thus lose concentration.

Jee .. and if the two by some miracle remain till end of day .. SA will be really really upset .. it will be a great psychological victory for us ..

Our batsmen strategy seems to be: block for ages, take no singles & then suddenly slash at a wide delivery.

Terrible stuff.

So there is no difference between the Australian spinner in Warne and Peterson from SA?

Keppler probably thinks that Peterson is better than Warne .. only that Peterson hasn't been given a fair chance to bowl ;p #besharamSaffers

Exactly,

Turning off my volume, Mr kepler is really annoying to hear

atrocious batting really...no effort to score runs will always bring wickets

this is bad strategy of blocking everything....misbah and asad looking to block the remaining day.

We are not going to block out 2 days and a 30 overs to go.

This is pathetic, show some aggression

Our batsmen strategy seems to be: block for ages, take no singles & then suddenly slash at a wide delivery.

Terrible stuff.

I don't agree with you .. its good that they are blocking .. play out the day .. without losing a wicket .. in case you forgot there are 2 full days remaining :)

This defensive mentality has to be removed Jamshed should the long term captain a gu who can lead from the front with his batting.

By blocking so much they allow the bowler to settle in. No intent of scoring runs. Pathetic.

bowler to settle in? dude .. you are talking about Steyn who had 6-8 in first innings ..

i fully agree with Misbah's and Asad's strategy .. continue blocking .. Steyn will get tired eventually .. .

Misbah must be daydreaming of blocking with Asad for the next two days. :)))

Im sure if they survive the day today than that's what misbah will see in his dreams. :))) :)))

bowler to settle in? dude .. you are talking about Steyn who had 6-8 in first innings ..

i fully agree with Misbah's and Asad's strategy .. continue blocking .. Steyn will get tired eventually .. .
I wasn't referring to this inning only. I was referring to our overall batting strategy in test matches.

Plus lets not forget that those two are defending everyone, not just Steyn.

Misbah is thinking about thunderstorm tomorrow and then heavy rain on Tuesday, which is predicted.

Another sad part is that once we are 5 down, our batting literally ends. Our WK can't bat to save his life. The less said about our "tail"enders the better.

I wasn't referring to this inning only. I was referring to our overall batting strategy in test matches.

Plus lets not forget that those two are defending everyone, not just Steyn.

true that bro .. but right now if u look at the conditions on the ground .. they need to be defensive .. no point being aggressive and getting out in process ..

Are you serious? The best fast bowlers are incredibly fit people, and Steyn only bowled 8 overs in the first innings; a fast bowler can usually expect to bowl 25 at least. He will be remarkably fresh.

Saffer commentators are really pathetic .. I thought Ramiz was bad .. but he is in good company

One thing good about misbah's blocks are they are pretty straight and full face of the blade... He at times fishes outside the off that gets him in to trouble... The other place he has problem is LBW on incutters he plants the feet little pre-mediated in those situations...

Are you serious? The best fast bowlers are incredibly fit people, and Steyn only bowled 8 overs in the first innings; a fast bowler can usually expect to bowl 25 at least. He will be remarkably fresh.

I am serious .. they maybe fit .. but imagine by end of the day they have bowled 20 each .. and no further wickets ..

then tomorrow will be quite difficult for them ..

well this is a very slow game and it looks like its becoming frsutrating for bowlers.

:))

Current partnership 29 runs, 17.4 overs, RR: 1.64 (Misbah-ul-Haq 12, Asad Shafiq 16)

to prove my point .. maximum overs Steyn has bowled in an innings at home is 34 overs .. so he is going to get tired like other human beings ..

dale steyn is pissed ... even greame smith must be thinking "we should have won by now. what the hell kind of tuk tuk brigade is this." greame smith getting trolled by misbah. lead 369

Does anyone know what kind of bowling shoes is steyn wearing ?

Stategy is to survive the whole day and hope it rains for next two days, if that happens than SA commentators will cry badly

Okay jamsheed and hafeez africa kay president ko masjid mai la kay Barish ki dua karwa raha hai..... younis khan lucifer kay temple mai bakray zibah kar raha hai and azhar with junaid khan is out to find someone that can do a rain dance..... perfect strategy.. take no chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back