South Africa vs Pakistan | 1st Test | Johannesburg | 2/2/13 | Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
gotta play your shots even if it's a test match..too much Tuk Tuk just builds pressure on your ownself..

there were 2 different balls.

the wicket ball- he had a tiny bit behind the line. so fair.

another ball - he slid a tiny bit foreward.

Somehow they showed both replays together after the dismissal had been cleared etc.
COnfusing everyone

No, I'm talking about the Younis wicket [no]ball.

I think if u land ur foot inside the line initially and then slide it forward,it will be considered a legit delivery.
I am not seeing the match currently so cannot say if that exactly is the case.
But if that is the case then it is a legit delivery as I have seen this happening before.

so if one was to land their foot inside the line then dragged it (like kevin spacey in the usual suspects) for 22 yards before knocking the bails off would that be a legit delivery?

Only Jameshed and Asad seem to have some technique to play test cricket against quality bowling. They probably need 2-3 years more experinece. All other are just useless outside of subcontinent....

This pakistani team is champ at improving!

From first innings to second innings we have improved almost 100%! :108: Take that haters!

another biased crack from cricinfo ....

Morkel to Younis Khan, OUT, and he has edged one while trying to leave it alone. That's an embarrassing dismissal. They are checking for a no-ball, which has put a halt to the celebrations, but the replays show he has about an inch behind the line. This is another wide length ball, Younis looks to defend it, but realises it late that he can leave it alone. It's too late, though, and the ball takes the edge. Indecision for Younis, first wicket of the match for Morne
Younis Khan c †de Villiers b Morkel 15 (28b 2x4 0x6) SR: 53.57

Pace is very ordinary from south Africa...difference is their length on these pitches.

Younis Khan has been our best batsman in test matches, but he has never learned that most times he is getting out is fishing...

so if one was to land their foot inside the line then dragged it (like kevin spacey in the usual suspects) for 22 yards before knocking the bails off would that be a legit delivery?

Sorry bro don't jump at me I myself get confused about this sliding of the foot part.
I have no logic to offer to u as to why it was considered a legit delivery!
All I'm saying is that I have seen this happening before and they were considered as legit deliveries.im not defending Steve Davis decision over here.

seriously 1st inning debacle i recognized cuz was superb bowling this inning no excuse

This third umpire is worse than our own Zameer Haider.

Remember once hearing Ian Botham say Line is Umpires and Younis to be given out on No ball is SAD time for , Morkol landed his feet on the line and not behind the line, by cricketing law it should be not out! Lack of knowledge from TV umpire Steve Davis the WALRUS!

I thought the slog sweep was on lol but no worries..Misbah will try that in next over..

philander is back... he has been kinda ineffective. not the destruction that was hyped .

philander is back... he has been kinda ineffective. not the destruction that was hyped .

He is dangerous with the new ball only it seems. Look at his pace, around 128 kph.

timid approach by misbah...really poor....cissy approach

This is nothing new he does it in UAE and all over subcontinent , so for sure he will be a bit of cowed in his batting approach in Bouncy track THESE CONDITIONS ARE COMPLETELY alien to like rest of the troop his leading apart from YK, any way he is our knight in shinning armour the Legend of TUK TUK BRIGADE!

One thing Misbah does not have in his strategy or in his game plan is STRIKE ROTATION

I said many time South African bowlers are fast medium i.e 125 - 137 KPH in Test and in ODIS again the same!

The usual Misbah stuff before an interval.

tea time..... 104 for 4 376 runs needed to win..... 186 required for moral strenght.

England defeated Australia by 675 runs back in 1928 so no worries man :yk

haha .. yeah that would be tough for us to achieve .. even with our mediocre batting .. but lets wait till this series is complete

thanks.

Saffers must rethink their team for 2nd test .. their performance in 2nd inning has been awful ..

they should drop philander, morkel ... what do u think?

376 needed ... if Saffers can't get us out by today .. they will be disappointed ...

Yes they were kind to us yesterday by not enforcing the follow-on. Otherwise the match would probably have been over by now.

Wont see legend stuff of misbah hitting double ton and shafiq hitting a ton with sarfraz scoring the rest. :))) :))) :)))

Are there no bowling machine whcich can spit out balls like Steyn and Philander?

Are there no bowling machine whcich can spit out balls like Steyn and Philander?

I got a better idea. create a pure bouncy track in pakistan and have them practice over there.

steyn is getting pissed off.

Steyn has ego ... and perhaps good to get under his skin and then attack him .. worst case you will get out . however, if u don't and u can successfully attack him .. then Steyn will be pretty much useless #giantKiller

Asad blocking solidly here....There is a chance of surviving the day with out losing any wicket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back