South Africa vs Pakistan | 1st Test | Johannesburg | 2/2/13 | Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This umpires call thing is a bit of a bugger. It all comes down to the infield umpires call. Smith against Junaid in the first innings was also not given by infield umpire, though not referred, replays showed ball hitting top of middle but would have stood with umpires call... So really it's down to the field umpires, the less they give the less likely they'll be overturned. In this situation you just have to hope for consistency

We need 2 big centuries. Younis, Misbah need to score now.. Flat pitch old ball. no pressure of winning.. just bat bat bat bat bat.

:yk is looking aggressive... moving in pitch... these two have to make a good score.

Peterson hasn't done ANYTHING all game. He hasn't bowled any deliveries and he hasn't scored ANY runs.

Great by YK. No need to sit there waiting for the good ball to come and get you out. Score runs. That's your job.

I wish PAK persisted with Ahmed Shehzad. He would have done brilliantly on this pitch with his solid back-foot technique.

Although both Jamshed and Azhar are gone on balls they should not get out, I think investment in them is the right thing to do for Pakistan... I wish if they can play first class in ENG/AUS/SA (2-3 years there can do a world of good to them)... First class helps a lot to work on your technical issues, its hard to fix them against the best of the best...
They both have right mind set to play test cricket... Jamshed need to show more full face (the thing I like about him is that he plays very late, that helps him in keeping eye on the ball till very last minute as possible)... Azhar needs to be chasing less on the off stump...

All of our batsmen need to play short ball better... This is one of the fundamental fast bowling playing skill lacking in asian players... Academies need to address that, but I don't think they are doing it... What is the point of academies if you cannot create the conditions of steep bounce???

Well left, other players would have flashed a drive there.

Basically each batsman has to score an average of 56 runs and they need to keep 7 wickets from falling in the next 7 sessions.

82 for four ..... Jamsheed only one who looked fully comfortable. cant believe he threw it away with that shot.

Terrible from YK. Worst leave ever

yk dude is a terrible bat against moving ball. no decisive movement .. :facepalm:

I reckon Pakistan will be all out by stumps. Not much batting left to come

Very poor technique from Azhar and Yonus how they played...look timid and ready to block before the ball is even bowled

except for nasir jamshed not a single batsman looked good and nasir thew his wkt 2 LOL

YK what was that???? - This does not look like a guy with 50 avg in test will do... If seniors are going to play like that what to expect from juniors...

None of the batsmen got out because of good bowling... All gave away their wickets... This is the main disappointment I have... Conditions are very good to bat (for most part)...

Younis as always loves fishing too much...Mohammad Yousuf atleast looked class act in the crease and was not a fisher..

With so many blockers in the team, it's difficult for this line up to ever break free

If ever there was a incompetent lot to represent Pakistan it's this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back