Sri Lanka beat India by 63 runs to win the first Test in Galle

SL in trouble but Indian batting is not at its best either. Dhawan & Rohit are unreliable. Rahul looked solid, but is quite new to international cricket, wouldn't have faced any good spinner in FC. Kohli seems to be horribly out of form. Saha hasnt proved himself as a batsman yet. Rahane is the only saviour.

Herath, Kaushal could very well run through this line-up. May produce a low scoring match for all we know.

India will hammer the lanka bowlers , will score at least 400

Ishant bowling well, getting good bounce and awkward angles. But is tad unlucky already two catches dropped of his bowling.

Ishant bowling like pakistani fast bowler, pace , venom and even the no-balls. But our fielders too fielding like pakistani fielders. Too much inspiration! :))

Wow ishant reborn.

Hope he stays here for a while. My fav indian quick alongwith the disgraced sreesanth.

Five man attack is fine but no way should there be three spinners. We should've played 3 pacers + 2 spinners.

3 runs an over! The Ashes has spoiled me, with run rates of 4, 4.5+ regardless of match situation and wickets down!

That fresh fish that was just shown on the telecast... my first thought... cover it in batter and deep fry it and it would be nice!

Good reflexes. Rohit redeems his place in the side :p

Ashwin gets the dangerman Matthews!

Last edited:
Ashwin is scary in this form. Runs through batting line-ups single-handedly :yk2

Ashwin, on the other hand continues to cause problems.

Oh! Gets another one. Thats a fifer!

Last edited:
Mishy gets two now if India gives 50 runs for the last wicket i wud believe we are in the same boat as we were with Dhoni.

2 wickets and suddenly the ball is zipping off the pitch for Mishra. Guy just needed some confidence

Poor decision to include bhajji. Should have gone for a bowling all rounder like jaddu. Would have given them the variety in the bowling department.

Now to the part I am most interested in..the Indian batting..Is this new look Indian batting line up really test standard??

Rohit sharma is a walking wicket against inswinger. Expect a lbw or bowled in the next over of prasad.

Just keep your foot behind the line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not worth following this, India already have this in the bag.

Thats why I like Rohit as much as I like Shahzad.

The elegance and neatness is priceless even in the shots that leads to their dismissals.

Looks like this test will be pretty exciting with pitch offering quite a bit to the bowlers so far.

India need some sort of partnership here to gain a foothold with the bat.

These guys should take a leg stump guard.
Sl are trying to get everyone lbw, one way to negate that is to take a leg stump guard.

This is shaping up to be an exciting test and likely to finish within 4 days unless weather decides to play a role.

I predict a sub 100 chase for India in the last innings.

Just started watching. Heraths form and incisiveness will decide the game imo.

Rest of SL bowling attack is mediocre on the best of days so they need Rangana to give a farewell performance. Could be a final series for him too

For those who watched morning session. How was Sanga. Did he 'look good'?

India need to keep it at 2 down till stumps and go hard tomorrow.

Kohli return to form? :srt

Can Kohli put an end to his string of failures in this match? He's due a very big one.

For those who watched morning session. How was Sanga. Did he 'look good'?

Was fine against pacers. Ashwin beat him with his very first ball that spun past. 2nd ball, he was gone. So difficult to say.

54/2.

Don't get the sarcasm.

Indian batting is weak.

See the lineup.

Solid guys are Rahul, Rahane and out of form Kohli.

Rahul is gone.
Rahane and out of form Kohli are there.
Dhawan is hit or miss. You never know.

Apart from them, only Ashwin can bat.

Saha is a joke. And then there is the tail with some who can swing or block.

India should win logically speaking but batting is not trust worthy.

If Kohli and Pujara return back to form, its a completely new game.

Last edited:
Back