Sri Lanka beat India by 63 runs to win the first Test in Galle

they lost 2nd wicket at 28.

Unless you want him to post and comment on scores an hour in advance of when they actually happen

I posted before the 2nd wicket fell.

Obviously it's just me in the wrong though.

Indian batting is weak.

See the lineup.

Solid guys are Rahul, Rahane and out of form Kohli.

Rahul is gone.
Rahane and out of form Kohli are there.
Dhawan is hit or miss. You never know.

Apart from them, only Ashwin can bat.

Saha is a joke. And then there is the tail with some who can swing or block.

India should win logically speaking but batting is not trust worthy.

If Kohli and Pujara return back to form, its a completely new game.

Against a bowling attack that Pakistan scored reasonably well against you should do well, especially considering that they've only got 180 runs to defend.

Wasn't posting about your predictions.

I know bro.

I am just saying that its not an obvious win as you are suggesting.

You are over-rating Indian batting a bit due to the past. Its shaky like hell.

We can post 300+ too but one bad session and we can crumble.

The weakest Indian batting in SC that I have ever seen.

Game is in the bag seriously.

Would be super hard for India to throw it away from here.

I know bro.

Thing is Sri Lanka dont really have the bowling to run through a side

Against a bowling attack that Pakistan scored reasonably well against you should do well, especially considering that they've only got 180 runs to defend.

Pakistani batsmen are very good against spin & even overall in the subcontinent. Also, they have played Sri Lankan bowlers a gazillion times in Tests in the last few years.

I know bro.

Might be weak but still better than the likes of WI, Bangladesh etc.

Still only need a couple of 50s to get past 180 and you'll get a lead of at least 50-60 and probably at least 100.

It's good to be realistic but pessimism looks ignorant when you're in a favourable position.

Pakistani batsmen are very good against spin & even overall in the subcontinent. Also, they have played Sri Lankan bowlers a gazillion times in Tests in the last few years.

Yes they're good vs spin but they're no Laras or Sachins and our record against Herath will testify to that.

We could have lost the series 1-2 easily it was just a ridiculous final innings chase by YK and Manzoor in the final Test but chasing 380 99 times out of 100 you would expect the bowling team to win.

Might be weak but still better than the likes of WI, Bangladesh etc.

Still only need a couple of 50s to get past 180 and you'll get a lead of at least 50-60 and probably at least 100.

It's good to be realistic but pessimism looks ignorant when you're in a favourable position.

Right now 84/2 is amazing.

But can't use current results to make judgements in the past. I expected 2 wickets to fall early (wasn't sure but knew it could happen) and it did.

Dhawan was dropped. Playing now.

A Kohli's chance of herath just almost carried a bit (cricifo - not watching it now). Playing now.

Just a minute difference here and there and if things didn't go our way, people would be saying match was even stevens NOW.

India was always the front runner after skittling out SL but my only point was that everything wasn't a formality due to our unpredictable batting.

Last edited:
Yes they're good vs spin but they're no Laras or Sachins and our record against Herath will testify to that.

We could have lost the series 1-2 easily it was just a ridiculous final innings chase by YK and Manzoor in the final Test but chasing 380 99 times out of 100 you would expect the bowling team to win.

Well, falling to Herath is much more respectable than falling to Moeen Ali :p

Yeah, saw that last match. Superhuman effort by YK & Co. I had thought the match was in the bag for SL..

[MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION], I get the skepticism about the batting order and it is probably justified considering the close calls that Kohli and Dhawan have had.

Well, falling to Herath is much more respectable than falling to Moeen Ali :p

Yeah, saw that last match. Superhuman effort by YK & Co. I had thought the match was in the bag for SL..

Was an entertaining series for sure.

Ashwin bowled superbly, the pitch really is turning even on the first day. Quite a bit of bounce too which did for the SL openers, great deliveries to get Silva and Karunaratne out.

Rohit Sharma's catch was fantastic to dismiss Mathews.

India will be very pleased with this, will be desperate to finally end years of away series nightmares. SL will be bitterly disappointed with the batting yet again.

For those who watched morning session. How was Sanga. Did he 'look good'?

Yeah I saw that. It was one hell of a catch by Rahul.

A pure fielder's wicket. Sanga went for a backfoot cover drive, Rahul was fielding close in at silly point and he plucked it. Great reflex catch.

Ashwin bowled superbly, the pitch really is turning even on the first day. Quite a bit of bounce too which did for the SL openers, great deliveries to get Silva and Karunaratne out.

Rohit Sharma's catch was fantastic to dismiss Mathews.

India will be very pleased with this, will be desperate to finally end years of away series nightmares. SL will be bitterly disappointed with the batting yet again.

We've played far too much cricket in ENG/AUS in the last four years :p

Thirimanne hasn't done well in Tests, he isn't test batsmen regardless of how he looks in the ODI's. Mubarak :facepalm:. How many times does one comeback ? Mubarak should be dropped forever, he is not good enough to play International cricket. From the wickets I saw, Ashwin bowled very good, good flighted balls and that was all needed.

India in a commanding position in a test abroad (albeit Sri Lanka)
The Virat is here boys :D
But what a frail batting line up we are playing with. Just 4 batsmen! That is counting Dhawan as a batsman

This guy doesn't look like a school kid, probably wore a school uniform to get in for free.
lol.jpg

India in a commanding position in a test abroad (albeit Sri Lanka)
The Virat is here boys :D
But what a frail batting line up we are playing with. Just 4 batsmen! That is counting Dhawan as a batsman

Dude chill, we just let Pakistan win series in all three formats after.

Indian batting is cringeworthy.

A newbie Rahul. Half decent Dhawan and an unreliable Rohit (hit or miss). The only decent batsmen we have are Kohli and Rahane.
Saha is useless with the bat. So basically Indian batting is Kohli and Rahane at the moment.

Pujara should play ahead of Rohit. Rohit is not a Test match batsmen. He is an ODI bully on flat roads. Thats all he is good for.

India better hope that Ashwin becomes Sobers in Test format. If he is not contributing with the bat as well, India will be in deep trouble.

Very hopeful of an SL comeback. I'm sure they can pull it off - bowling and fielding with a positive attitude after their poor batting was going to be difficult anyways.

India will most likely be skittled out for 230 by lunch tomorrow morning. 5 bowler strategy looks wrong in hindsight. One of Harbhajan/Mishra needed to be dropped for Pujara

India will most likely be skittled out for 230 by lunch tomorrow morning. 5 bowler strategy looks wrong in hindsight. One of Harbhajan/Mishra needed to be dropped for Pujara

You are wrong. India will get 350 plus.

I m very disappointed and worried about SL future. Clearly Cricket has been less popular in SL now a days. This is the last series of great Sanga and yet the stadium is almost empty.

Sri Lankan fans must be praying for rain

Just read a stat on cricinfo that India did not score a boundary for the first 12 overs of the day.

Wow Dhawan gets a 100 the guy has so much luck going for him,good fielding sides like Saffers and Australia no wonder destroy him.

Inning victory inside three days coming up for rockstars. Sri lankan teams overall standard is below bangalis right now, i mean in all three formats, we are rubbish only in ODIs but even in that format things looking bright in near future, but don't see any hope for lankans.

Hundred number 11 coming up for Kohli, should look to grind them out, get back in form, aim for 200. We should bat only once in this test.
Having said that, declare in time to be able to get them all out again. Never know, if Mathews and Sanga get going then we would have lost the chance to win. Pitch getting easier to bat.
Interesting to see when the "attacking captain" declares/accelerates.

Just can't imagine how sri lanka won a test series in england with this rubbish team, poms should have been ashamed to death to lose that series at home vs this pathetic team. After sanga only methews can be called world class in this team and don't see any future in playing XI for past it herath.

Just can't imagine how sri lanka won a test series in england with this rubbish team, poms should have been ashamed to death to lose that series at home vs this pathetic team. After sanga only methews can be called world class in this team and don't see any future in playing XI for past it herath.

It was a wet English summer with green on the pitch which meant that Sri Lanka's dibbly dobbly seamers became Malcolm Marshalls all of a sudden. And the class of Sanga and one the most clutch innings ever by Mathews got them over the line.

But india ke itni asan jeet ne hmari record chase ka maza kirkara kr dia yar, it seem as if it was a shame that why we couldn't clean swept this team, and regarding that innings it looks as if that if any other good teams was playing they could have even chased 470 with ease with this club level lankan bowling. And india would also have clean swept lankans in ODIs as well. That too with utmost ease.

Meanwhile, India A whooping SAF A left and right :uakmal

Ind A 291/1 44/50 ov. Mayank Agarwal batting on 160 n.o.

But india ke itni asan jeet ne hmari record chase ka maza kirkara kr dia yar, it seem as if it was a shame that why we couldn't clean swept this team, and regarding that innings it looks as if that if any other good teams was playing they could have even chased 470 with ease with this club level lankan bowling. And india would also have clean swept lankans in ODIs as well. That too with utmost ease.

bhai itni tension kyun hai aap ko? :uakmal

jeetnay do.

Back