Sri Lanka beat India by 63 runs to win the first Test in Galle

He already ran through Pakistan's in the second test.

Though I am not so hopeful about his action. Won't be surprised if it get reported in near future.

I thought the same when I first saw him bowl in the Pak series. But after watching the slow motion, one gets the feeling that its not as bad as it looks in real time. He uses a lot of wrist for an offie.

Last edited:
Assuming his action is clean, Kaushal is the real deal.

At his full potential, he would have bundled us out for 200-250.

And would have won the series against Pak on that final day.

Kaushal is just 22. Ashwin at 24 wasn't even looping the ball like he does now.

SL must give Kaushal great support and ask him to improve.

I wish we Indians had a potential talent like him now.

They are moving the rollers it seems so it doesn't crackup.Don't think India would be able to do any damage.

Yeah, it looks better in slow motion but even if its within limit, it would be a borderline case.

I actually don't like his action at all. Not talking about elbow only.

When you are bowling off-spin with wrists, your action should be a bit more chest on, or else it would be a complete mess like in Kausal's case.

He falls to his left on his follow through, so half of his body is going in one direction while other half is going in another direction. Had he been a fast bowler with similar action, he would have had few visits to hospital uptil now. Even as a spinner, its still very much prone to injuries.

Yeah, it looks better in slow motion but even if its within limit, it would be a borderline case.

I actually don't like his action at all. Not talking about elbow only.

When you are bowling off-spin with wrists, your action should be a bit more chest on, or else it would be a complete mess like in Kausal's case.

He falls to his left on his follow through, so half of his body is going in one direction while other half is going in another direction. Had he been a fast bowler with similar action, he would have had few visits to hospital uptil now. Even as a spinner, its still very much prone to injuries.

Dunno about technicalities. I don't have knowledge about that.

If his action is prone for injuries or doesn't allow him to get accuracy he must make changes.

Wow, SL are even worse than I imagined.

Their batting really is a shambles. Here's me thinking Pakistan had a awful batting side.

This transition of theirs couldn't come to an end quicker.

SL is have no momentum at the moment.

Just going with the flow of Indian team. Not even trying.

Karunaratne played relatively full pitched delivery on back foot, while Silva left an elephant gap between his bat and pat, without getting to the pitch of the ball or getting his leg outside the line.

These sort of mistakes are what England used to do when they visited UAE in 2011.

SL is have no momentum at the moment.

Just going with the flow of Indian team. Not even trying.

Karunaratne played relatively full pitched delivery on back foot, while Silva left an elephant gap between his bat and pat, without getting to the pitch of the ball or getting his leg outside the line.

These sort of mistakes are what England used to do when they visited UAE in 2011.

Karunaratne was set up with slower balls. He hanged back expecting to adjust to the slow turn off the wicket.

Karunaratne was set up with slower balls. He hanged back expecting to adjust to the slow turn off the wicket.

Thats a very high risk method. Its important to pick the length early and then shift your weight asap, then make necessary adjustments. If a player does the basic thing wrong, he is relying solely on his reflexes and hand-eye coordination

wow i thought SL 1st inns batting was pathetic but 2nd inns looks like it will be even worse. An inns win coming up for India here.

Post-game PC: Dhawan has a right hand injury from the dropped catch yesterday. Reason why he moved out of slips & possibly batted slowed today.

Thats a very high risk method. Its important to pick the length early and then shift your weight asap, then make necessary adjustments. If a player does the basic thing wrong, he is relying solely on his reflexes and hand-eye coordination

It the ball is not gripping, the reflexes dont need to be too sharp. Saw Cook do that a few times in India.

Pathetic from SL. Hopefully Sanga will score at least a 50 in the second innings.

Kaushal is a STAR in the making for SL.

Absolute STAR.

Once he sorts his issues out, he is going to run through lineups.

It would be a shame if he doesn't sort his accuracy issue.

That is the issue with him. He is a wrist spinner, so he is going to be having these issues time to time. Like [MENTION=132270]SL_Fan[/MENTION] said he had been like this for a long time, not sure if he'll improve.

I expected the jaded cliched response.

We are talking about quality here and not performance.

Yes luck is present for all (so no issues) but when we are talking about quality, you take into account catches dropped and stuff.

I also said I won't be surprised if 2 wickets fell early in the innings (due to Rohit's instability at 3) and it did. So lol again.

Again once Kohli got out, we went from 255-2 to 351-8.

So lol again.

Batting is weak but a few good innings has got us to a good score. Nothing wrong in accepting certain stuff. WHen Pujara and Vijay come in, we will have a better batting unit.

You mention about catches dropped but forget about umpiring howlers. I wasn't expecting better from you but thought of pointing it out so that others do not feel suffocated.

That is the issue with him. He is a wrist spinner, so he is going to be having these issues time to time. Like [MENTION=132270]SL_Fan[/MENTION] said he had been like this for a long time, not sure if he'll improve.

Just 22 bro.

At 22, Ashwin didn't even flight the balls like this. It took him 4 years of international cricket to do it.

Kaushal is doing it at 22.

What he needs is some coaching from Ashwin's coach Sunil Sumbramaniam.

He will become a monster sooner or later.

You mention about catches dropped but forget about umpiring howlers. I wasn't expecting better from you but thought of pointing it out so that others do not feel suffocated.

Umpiring howlers came later on.

Catches came before.

If catches were taken, we were 70 or 80 for 4.

Just 22 bro.

At 22, Ashwin didn't even flight the balls like this. It took him 4 years of international cricket to do it.

Yeah but Ashwin generates good bounce and nowadays is consistently spinning his offbreak. I know its an unpopular opinion here but I think Tharindu Kaushal is a massively overhyped talent . Don't think he is cut out for test cricket. More of an ODI/T20 spinner.

Yeah but Ashwin generates good bounce and nowadays is consistently spinning his offbreak. I know its an unpopular opinion here but I think Tharindu Kaushal is a massively overhyped talent . Don't think he is cut out for test cricket. More of an ODI/T20 spinner.

Not comparing Ashwin of now with him.

I think Tharindu Kaushal has got it.

When he does bowl in the right channel he causes immense trouble.

Test cricket is becoming more and more entertaining nowadays as majority of matches have result (and a quick one at that).. I guess something good has finally come from T20 culture..

the stage is set for a Sangakkara double century tomorrow

If india wins this test then pakistans series victory over srilanka will become less .....dont know which word to use :p

Just 22 bro.

Ashwin improved tremendously over the years. No one seems to pick his slider, the wicket of Karunaratne he picked up had a lot of backspin on it and it came into him . Ashwin has a carrom ball that goes into the left handed batsmen, and a backspin delivery that does the exact same but lands much closer to the batsmen than it appears. Kaushal uses his wrist, don't think this is something you can teach. You can teach someone how to spin but you can't teach someone how to be accurate. Thinks shows that Murali was a legend because Murali didn't bowl many bad balls compared to a typical wrist spinner. Hopefully he'll improve.

If india wins this test then pakistans series victory over srilanka will become less .....dont know which word to use :p

Winning one Test is different than winning a test series. Also, you try to win against all teams and it hardly matters if opposition is not playing good cricket.

Sangakara and matthews , best lanka pair at the crease , need a 200 run partnership here.

Pakistan won a Test series after about 9 years, it is time for India to do it after 22 years.

Back