Sri Lanka beat India by 63 runs to win the first Test in Galle

That in general positive batting helps you last longer and score more.

I think Srilanaka's two wickets last night can at least partly be attributed to the scared mentality they had then.

LMAO, that was the first and second over of the game. Some posts you make are really ridiculous.

My fav , Mishra has done it. 2 overs andd 2 wickets. Don't know why harbhajan was preferred ahead of him :facepalm:

My fav , Mishra has done it. 2 overs andd 2 wickets. Don't know why harbhajan was preferred ahead of him :facepalm:

Hope we play Pujara or some other bowler in place of stale Bhaji in the next.

VIjay
Dhawan
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Rahul/Rohit
Saha
Ashwin
Mishra
Ishant
Aaron/Yadav

SL have nothing to worry about with the likes of Jehan Mubarak still to come.

Honestly what a phainta :ik

This is minnow level cricket

lol werent you criticizing him left right and center in the Aus A test match?

Chandimal was clearly out.

You dislike drs. I dont really understand why it is so hard to admit that at the very minimum DRS will get rid of such howlers. India will dominate this test anyways but such decisions can change be very costly.

You dislike drs. I dont really understand why it is so hard to admit that at the very minimum DRS will get rid of such howlers. India will dominate this test anyways but such decisions can change be very costly.

Are you saying every Indian hates DRS or are you confusing BCCI with Indians?

Didnt see the incident here but why dont DRS opposers understand that the point of the DRS is to rid the game of howlers and clearly wrong decisions not to determine the outcome of marginal decisions which could go either way.

Are you saying every Indian hates DRS or are you confusing BCCI with Indians?

Most Indians for some odd reason feel to stand up for and with the BCCI though regardless of topic under discussion

Didnt see the incident here but why dont DRS opposers understand that the point of the DRS is to rid the game of howlers and clearly wrong decisions not to determine the outcome of marginal decisions which could go either way.

Both incidents were howlers

Both incidents were howlers

Yes thats the point. The point of DRS was to eradicate such decisions.

It was never to rule on very marginal calls however its lack of perfect accuracy on ruling such marginal calls is why the BCCI used to oppose it

Last edited:

Clear inside edge on to the pad which could have easily been reversed with DRS, wouldn't have even needed hot spot/snicko.

Yes thats the point. The point of DRS was to eradicate such decisions.

It was never to rule on very marginal calls however its lack perfect accuracy on ruling such marginal calls is why the BCCI used to oppose it

Common sense isn't it? :D

Common sense isn't it? :D

I always mantain that to me its an ego issue

BCCI once opposed it and then kept on opposing it regardless of evidence put in front of it and the support it had among its own players so as not to give an impression that it thought it had been in the wrong earlier

I remember Dhoni once got a howler and he mockingly motioned for a review

Only when it comes to India-Pakistan series or topics about the Big 3 etc.

So are you saying that Indians do support BCCI for not playing Pakistan or their stance on big-3 while they don't support them on DRS?

Kohli & other players need to stand up & demand DRS with old generation gone.

I hope this doesn't cost us this match if lead reaches 100. It should be 7 down not 5.

Ironically, India's problem is with this whole logic of "howlers".

Even Dhoni has said, DRS is being used to justify the umpires rather than arrive at the right decision.

At various points, various Indian players/ex players/officials have said they want more reviews and they want umpire's call gone to accept DRS.

So are you saying that Indians do support BCCI for not playing Pakistan or their stance on big-3 while they don't support them on DRS?

Not all indians . Problem is we don't want to explicitly criticize our board on a pakistani forum. Do you criticize your family members or say anything about the internal matters of your family , to your neighbour? common sense isn't it?

Sangakkara has timed his retirement well, he has looked out of gas this summer.

Pathetic umpiring.Howlers!

And DRS?LOL the third umpire didnt give it out when the ball was hit on the boot and then lobbed up for a catch.

I think BCCI should act more mature and accept DRS. It is idiotic to make 100% correct decisions all the time but it will surely remove howlers like the two today...Also is there any review system for umpires in ICC panel?

Not all indians . Problem is we don't want to explicitly criticize our board on a pakistani forum. Do you criticize your family members or say anything about the internal matters of your family , to your neighbour? common sense isn't it?

Its always confusing because the opinions are so polarized.

I have seen so many guys saying saying that Indians don't like BCCI and then again, so many others say that Indians are behind BCCI on their decisions.

Don't think there is a need to feel that it is not their forum so they shouldn't criticize BCCI infront of others.

But even if Indian friends think that way, do you think that on Indian forums, they don't support BCCI on Pakistan series and big 3?

I do support BCCI on big 3 thing as it's good business decision & ultimately helps players in Indian domestic circuit to get better pay.

As far Pakistan series is concerned, I am neutral on that. If GOI's diplomatic stance is not playing cricket with Pakistan then BCCI should respect that.

DRS is one issue where they are acting like an idiots, even if DRS is not fool proof, it's still way better than alternative.

Its always confusing because the opinions are so polarized.

I have seen so many guys saying saying that Indians don't like BCCI and then again, so many others say that Indians are behind BCCI on their decisions.

Don't think there is a need to feel that it is not their forum so they shouldn't criticize BCCI infront of others.

But even if Indian friends think that way, do you think that on Indian forums, they don't support BCCI on Pakistan series and big 3?

Despite with all shortcomings, BCCI is still the best sports body in India. Look at the other sports bodies in India, Hockey is in shambles, lets not talk about olympics. Our domestic cricketers are well paid because of BCCI. Other Indian athelets dont have that luxury.

Hence Indians have a 'soft corner' for BCCI

Do you guys really think BCCI cares about 'questioning the umpire's desicion' or 'not 100% accurate' crappy reasons Bcci gives out ? Lol.

I'm pretty sure it's due to saving their profits or taking revenge on some sponsor who is behind DRS technology

Despite with all shortcomings, BCCI is still the best sports body in India. Look at the other sports bodies in India, Hockey is in shambles, lets not talk about olympics. Our domestic cricketers are well paid because of BCCI. Other Indian athelets dont have that luxury.

Ok I get this somewhat.

If we look from this angle that what BCCI has done for the game in India in last decade or so, its really worth appreciating.

Difference of opinion starts creeping in when we look what they are doing beyond that.

Problem is we don't want to explicitly criticize our board on a pakistani forum.

Thats why I have been so much against these India vs Pakistan threads. That would make Indian fellows start feeling this as if its not their forum, so they so sometimes even don't express certain things which they should have.

Ashwin not really bowling that well.

The good balls are good but the no of touch too short balls are high this innings.

Disappointed a bit.

Chandimal sure can play the sweep well but he has been too damn lucky till now.

There was a pop up that landed in no man's land.

Ok sir. Since you brought up drs here. Lets imagine drs was used here and india didn't have any reviews left. What are you going to say then?

If you are so concerned about removing howlers then allow unlimited reviews i will accept it.

Good chance for Bhaji here.

He picks wickets when batsmen go after him.

Almost got Chandimal.

Let's see.

Ok sir. Since you brought up drs here. Lets imagine drs was used here and india didn't have any reviews left. What are you going to say then?

If you are so concerned about removing howlers then allow unlimited reviews i will accept it.

No. That is very poor reasoning.

For a howler and blatant wrong decisions usually you know it.

Limited reviews ensures that people dont waste time by reviewing everything and there is a sense of responsibility as far as the use of DRS is concerned.

If you use your Reviews smartly you should have them left at all times

I agree on this.I have a soft corner for Srini(who i hate as well) coz he is paying former year cricketers as well.

No. That is very poor reasoning.

For a howler and blatant wrong decisions usually you know it.

Limited reviews ensures that people dont waste time by reviewing everything and there is a sense of responsibility as far as the use of DRS is concerned.

If you use your Reviews smartly you should have them left at all times

Not sure why I can't question umpiring decisions. Is it because i am an indian and bcci objects drs? I don't like DRS because its a half cooked system and that's my opinion. I have seen many people who liked DRS initially are also opposing it these days. You can ask [MENTION=8418]Random Aussie[/MENTION]. He is not an indian so he can give you a logical reasoning.

Cricket analyst will be saying I told you so after this inning.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Anyway under these circumstances, if SL does not have dour defenders, it is better to get quick runs. Not much for SL to gain by hanging around.

Lanka are fighting hard , but will need huge effort from last 4 wickets to make this game competetive

Lanka dont stand a chance unless they can somehow get a lead of 200+.

150-200 will be cakewalk for India with Kaushal and Herath bowling below par.

Back